Home

The nerve of people

Posted By: Law Dog

The nerve of people - 11/26/21 05:27 PM

Helped out a kid last year found out later him and his dad started trapping the same property because they had a in with the landowners son in law. Even gave the kid lure and urine to catch his first yote. I went to trap some rats last spring and the son in law says them other guys are going to trap it?

It was getting late so I asked him to check to see if they were going to trap it still he said they still planned on trapping it but they never did, I told the guy I don’t think they even have the supplies to trap it.

Kid calls today looking for supplies I’m like nope not going to happen. He can have the place I also have the adjoining property so I’m covered.
Posted By: white17

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 05:55 PM

I despise that attitude of........."what else can you do for me" !
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 05:57 PM

Wow! Yeah, gotta wonder about people sometime.
Posted By: Bryan Daigle

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 05:57 PM

From here on out i would look at the property the kid never trapped as the source of what you catch next door.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:00 PM

I like to help out, especially kids, but I don't want to get dumped on. That said they may not even realize they are out of line. Maybe. Might be worth mentioning.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:00 PM

Same here. Tore up shoulder one season and my cousin went around sweet talking all my landowners. Solid 10 yote a year guy. Luckily I only lost one property. But it was one were goats get killed. Cousin quit trapping and I informed that landowner it was now 100.00 a yote. Haven’t heard from him. Hmm Also quit trapping within 3 miles of him. He will call someday and with gas I’m thinking 150.00 a yote now. Some people.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:04 PM

Great opportunity to help out a future trapper.

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:14 PM

They are claiming to be trappers but they violate about every ethics rule going I’m not promoting that kind of behavior they tried the same thing with the deer hunters there they move here and seem not very popular already.

The first words to my ethics class is don’t take other peoples spots or share property as no good would come of it.
Posted By: corky

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:23 PM

No good deed goes unpunished.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:34 PM

Lazy unethical people take lines!
Posted By: Koss2005

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:43 PM

Law Dog, think about the people you have helped. You can only do what's right and from there where the cards fall the cards fall.

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:50 PM

They definitely think they are entitled to anything they want it looks like the kid texted me back said he can get supplies other places and his Dad wants to talk to me, well OK I’m not hard to find come on over. LOL

Lazy, stupid or narcissistic I will see when I meet with them.
Posted By: drasselt

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 06:57 PM

Could be that it's the landowner running everybody else away in preference for these guys. Just a possibility.
Posted By: rex123

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:00 PM

That is so wrong it's sad but you tried to help some one.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:20 PM

I like helping people but it's cost more good property than it's worth. Especially when it comes to deer hunting.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:23 PM

Been there...done that
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:25 PM

Yep some people will use you till there is nothing left, than just move on to someone else.

I know the feeling today, did a beaver job a couple years ago today I stopped and wanted to
Use my payment just wanted to hunt some deer and got told no.

I reminded him of that and he still said no, so no more hand shake Free B's for him.
He will have beaver again, an if he wants me it will cost Deerly lol
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:32 PM

My younger brothers-in-law did that to me. I've also seen older trappers take on a kid and teach him to trap and the same thing happens. There should be better parenting but some of those kids don't have parents worth a hoot.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 07:40 PM

Its nit just with hunting and fishing. Trash low quality people take advantage and use others in many areas. I had "friends" for a few years that I helped out every time they had an issue without being asked. The husband can not do anything. Not even hook up a washing machine. Fixed their fences, horse watering systems , bush hogged, mowed, installed applinces, and on and on. Untill they wanted to go in and buy the land behind me. Agrements were made then they backed out and cut me out of the deal. Well made the price so high changing the agreement i could no longer afford it.

Lying users are everywhere.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Yep some people will use you till there is nothing left, than just move on to someone else.

I know the feeling today, did a beaver job a couple years ago today I stopped and wanted to
Use my payment just wanted to hunt some deer and got told no.

I reminded him of that and he still said no, so no more hand shake Free B's for him.
He will have beaver again, an if he wants me it will cost Deerly lol

Did that for guy having coyote problems in the spring killing lambs, caught the pair and said no charge, see you in the fall. November rolls around and I stop for permission and he said they don't allow trapping. I said, what do you think I did in the spring ?

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 09:04 PM

I was loyal and followed the rules this landowner had a no drive policy and I followed it. I mostly trapped badgers from the roads if I seen any activity I’d grab a snare, stake and hammer and walk. if they had a skunk in a cage I’d go get right away. In the last 15 years I’ve caught dozens of badger for the guy.

It’s the son in law that worked this guy into the place now the kid can deal with it and we will see how it goes for them.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Its nit just with hunting and fishing. Trash low quality people take advantage and use others in many areas. I had "friends" for a few years that I helped out every time they had an issue without being asked. The husband can not do anything. Not even hook up a washing machine. Fixed their fences, horse watering systems , bush hogged, mowed, installed applinces, and on and on. Untill they wanted to go in and buy the land behind me. Agrements were made then they backed out and cut me out of the deal. Well made the price so high changing the agreement i could no longer afford it.

Lying users are everywhere.

Local auctioneer would stop an auction and say "boys, friendship ends where business commences" and boy was he right.

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 09:56 PM

My old neighbor judged Hog shows said he was going to see some old enemies and make some new ones, that stuck in my head. LOL
Posted By: Ave

Re: The nerve of people - 11/26/21 09:58 PM

That stinks, I know the feeling. A couple years back, I took a kid turkey hunting on a woodlot my family owns. Not even a week later, I find out that he tried to get permission on the block behind us. They said no, so he started hunting our place as he pleased, without even asking. Needless to say, we don’t talk much anymore lol.
Posted By: Boco

Re: The nerve of people - 11/27/21 12:00 AM

So,you got another guy permission to trap the same private land you had permission on,then brought him out on your trapline,showed him where and how to trap.What did you expect? You made him feel it was OK for him to trap there.
What did I miss in this story?
If you dont control the acess to a trapline why would you be surprised?

Re: The nerve of people - 11/27/21 12:16 AM

He moved in without me knowing I gave him supplies before I knew it was him moving in, I’d help the kid as he was no problem until the tied up the rats then never trapped them was the issue. I told the Son in law those rats would dry up if not trapped and they were late on trapping them already they still said they would trap and never did.

The kid sent me a photo of tracks asked if they are bobcat tracks he’s a slow learner it seems.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: The nerve of people - 11/27/21 09:34 PM

Or he thinks YOU are!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums