Home

Shoulder surgery in the morning

Posted By: jbyrd63

Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 08:01 PM

Well my right shoulder has got a bone spur in it. Been bothering me for most of the year.. Fingers going numb and knee buckling pain when it catches.. So getting it taken off in the morning. Surgeon thinks no damage to surrounding tissue so recovery might be as little as 2-4 weeks. IF he finds damage it goes to 2-4 months. So might not be any late season muzzle loader for me Dec 11- 19.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 09:04 PM

praying all goes well smile
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 09:16 PM

Good luck. Shoulders can take a while to heal. Hope all goes well for you.

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 09:33 PM

Thanks , But crazy thing is surgery is 8 am Thursday morning , First PT is Friday at 10 ! Heck I will be lucky to have my wits about me by then !!
Posted By: corky

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 09:33 PM

Good luck
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 10:43 PM

Prayers jbyrd!
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 11:13 PM

Good luck
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 11:27 PM

Good luck. PT always starts immediately nowadays.
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/01/21 11:55 PM

Do the pt exercises they give you. Good luck.
Posted By: Trapper Don

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:01 AM

I hope all goes well. I had shoulder surgery in March. I suggest a cold machine
Its a cooler with pump that you fill partway with water. I had 6 frozen water bottles in it. Theres tubes that go to a cuff around your shoulder. Theres a timer. I set it for 20 minutes on and 20 off.
Took the pain out. Never needed pills. There about $250.00 but worth weight in gold.
Good luck.
Don LaFountain
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:08 AM

FOLLOW DOCS ORDER TO THE LETTER!!
With that in all caps it means it’s important. I had shoulder surgery many years ago…torn labrum, ripped bicep, etc. That arm/shoulder now makes me realize how bad of shape my other shoulder is in, lol.
I was in a sling for 8 weeks before I even started PT. I picked a PT I went to school with and dated her older sister. Younger sister, my PT, was even better looking. Apparently somewhere along the way I had unknowingly ticked little sister off!! I would leave PT in a pile of sweat and sometimes tears. She claimed she was harder on me because she liked me, lol!!
My son had shoulder surgery a few years ago and like you, started PT the very next day. His was a chair that was delivered and programmed prior to surgery. He would sit in the chair, lay his arm in the slot for his arm, hit a button and the machine would raise his arm for a predetermined range of motion. By week 8 when I was just coming out of a sling, this machine was raising his arm above his head already, lol.
Good luck and reread the first sentence and you be back normal in no time.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:26 AM

Probably have to carry your purse over the other shoulder for awhile.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:33 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: charles

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:40 AM

I have had four rotator cuff surgeries, all full-thickness tears. It hurts, it requires PT, and it will get better.

A over the counter nylon sling is more comfortable than the bulky expensive slings you come out of surgery with. In a few days, consider these,

Sleep in a recliner with a pillow behind the bad shoulder. Do this for three weeks.

Avoid any situation where you might trip or fall. A fall is your worst enemy.

Save your pain pills for PT sessions.
Posted By: charles

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:42 AM

I have had four rotator cuff surgeries, all full-thickness tears. It hurts, it requires PT, and it will get better.

A singly ply over-the-counter nylon sling is more comfortable than the bulky expensive slings you come out of surgery with. In a few days, consider these,

Sleep in a recliner with a pillow behind the bad shoulder. Do this for three weeks.

Avoid any situation where you might trip or fall. A fall is your worst enemy.

Save your pain pills for PT sessions.
Posted By: imissed

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:45 AM

I've had 5 shoulder surgeries. Only 1 was rotator cuff problem. All others were tears.

The quickest I went back to work was 6 months. Therapy 2-3 times a week. Arm in a sling for 6 weeks.

I'd hope for what your doc says is right. BUT???

Posted By: teepee2

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 12:50 AM

Good luck I hope everything works out for you. Just don't throw any deep routes for a week or two. smile
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 01:03 AM

Hope your recovery is fast. Take care
Posted By: James

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 01:14 AM

I hope it goes well for you, even if you do have an abysmal taste in college football.

Jim
Posted By: merganser

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 01:48 AM

A year ago, I had rotator cuff surgery for a tear, but also had a bone spur. Like others said, do what the doctor orders and do all PT. Don't skimp on the PT. Can't emphasize that enough.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 01:53 AM

bone spur is easy had it way better than rotator cuff tear
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 02:57 AM

Shoulders can be tricky. There can be quite a bit of post op pain so take meds accordingly. Do all the PT that is recommended. You will never get strength back if you don't full range of motion! Good luck.

Bryce

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 03:02 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm hoping this is a walk in the park compared to the triple hernia open repair in March. OR the spinal fusion I had 6 years ago.
I have the ice machine that was mentioned. My wife used it on her rotator cuff repair.
Posted By: YaYa

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 03:03 AM

Good luck and take care
Posted By: adam m

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 04:04 AM

Praying for a quick recovery
Posted By: micheal

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 11:08 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Shoulder surgery in the morning - 12/02/21 01:49 PM

Prayers for a complete recovery. Now that the pain is gone I like my total reverse shoulder.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums