Home

I think I am going to live

Posted By: danny clifton

I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 02:39 PM

Caught Covid. I thought it was a bad cold. Kept going to work. Was drinking those 5 hour energy shots to get through the day. Finally got to sick. Tested positive. Got pneumonia in one lung. (didnt know that was a thing) CAT scan said no blood clots. Antibiotics are working. I can breathe. Appetite and taste are back. Stuff kicked my butt.
Posted By: gotya

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 02:53 PM

Scary stuff. Hope you are on the road to recovery.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 02:57 PM

Glad your recovering, been 4 months for me. Finally getting it back i walk close to 8 miles a day an the line its been a long haul to get there. Take it slow.
Rich
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 02:58 PM

Get well and stay well
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:00 PM

Did you get the antibodies or just being treated with antibiotics?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:00 PM

Its a tough one and nothing to be minimized. Glad you're on your way to better health again.

Those 5 hour energies really work?

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:17 PM

Did you get the antibodies or just being treated with antibiotics?

Antibiotic was for pneumonia. Took a couple days but I can breathe again. Did not get antibodies. I waited to long to go to the dr. I bet I was asked 50 times why I waited so long to go in. I guess DRs have more confidence in their ability than I do.

They dont like it when you tell them its pretty rare to not heal up without a Dr.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:19 PM

Those 5 hour energies really work?

All I wanted to do was sleep. Yes they took the edge off. Drank them two at a time. Not my best idea. Should have just stayed home and slept
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:27 PM

Glad you're ok.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:37 PM

Glad you didn't blow your engine up. Put them energy drinks/gasoline in an old deasil motor. grin

Mac
Posted By: HayDay

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:51 PM

Jab? Yes or no?

Best guess......where or how were you exposed? Still active and going out like Pre-Covid days? Or being careful?
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:56 PM

Oh well, maybe next time. grin

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 03:57 PM

no jab. bunch of people getting it around here in the last few weeks. not full active yet. worried i may still be contagious. just now feeling good. wont be long. time to trap.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:05 PM

Sorry......prior to catching the K-rona.......you were active and going out? And where do you think you might have been exposed?

My mother turns 90 tomorrow. Sisters think its OK to have another birthday party (first one was yesterday with one of her social groups......about 15 people). One tomorrow about the same with her aged siblings and their kids (our cousins) as drivers. They think no risk. I say no risk, unless any one of those is sick and shedding, in which case they may all get sick and perish. If that happens, was it worth it?

Not saying there is a right or wrong.....but no easy answers.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:14 PM

glad you're on the mend, danny.

I thought covid pneumonia was viral in nature, and not cured with antibiotics...

guess you can get non-covid pneumonia, even if you have covid?

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:18 PM

dont know white marlin. i am better though. dr also gave me prednisone for breathing. i took one and my blood sugar skyrocketed. so didnt take any more. i am feeling pretty pert today.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:20 PM

Pneumonia is a secondary infection from Covid. Glad you are on the mend.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:22 PM

Hoping you have a quick recovery
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:33 PM

Glad you are better Danny, it's been almost 3 mos for me and my taste and smell still aren't right.

I'll be down your way most likely next month. Any recommendations on a good hole in the wall barbeque
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 04:42 PM

Yep, steroids (not the muscle building type) are great stuff for temporary use in fighting back various illnesses but they have the complication of messing with a diabetic blood sugars. Danny, did your "med" people tell you that ahead of time that the prednisone was going to shoot your blood sugars high or did you have to find that out on your own...?

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 05:02 PM

guy and maes williamsburg. get a slab. they make their own dippin sauce. if your going to kc try jones bbq on hwy 32 (kaw drive) between 435 and i70. another dandy

if you show up let me know
Posted By: Drifter

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 05:28 PM

Good to hear you are on the mend Danny.
Posted By: Wptourist

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 06:06 PM

Danny get the antibodies shot. My wife has COVID and was laid out sick. Got the antibodies shots and 36 hours was out of bed getting ready for Christmas. It made a huge difference for her
Posted By: Sharon

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 06:31 PM

Feel better soon, Danny. One thing is for sure, you have very good immunity against this now .
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 07:51 PM

Get well soon Danny.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Caught Covid. I thought it was a bad cold. Kept going to work. Was drinking those 5 hour energy shots to get through the day. Finally got to sick. Tested positive. Got pneumonia in one lung. (didnt know that was a thing) CAT scan said no blood clots. Antibiotics are working. I can breathe. Appetite and taste are back. Stuff kicked my butt.

I just got over having it my self a week ago. I dont know where I hot it at but I could have been my wife she was really sick for about 3 weeks. She took a covid test 2 days after she started feeling bad and it was negative. She lost her smell and taste then I got sick and test positive then she decided to take another test and she was positive. She finally got better after about 3 weeks I got better in about 10 days, she is vaccinated.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 08:03 PM

Glad to hear your on the mend. Time to get some steel in the ground
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 08:53 PM

glad you're doing better, just laid to rest a good friend
Posted By: Catch22

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 11:23 PM

Good to hear you are doing ok ole boy. Waveslider says hey grin
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 11:29 PM

Get well soon
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/05/21 11:57 PM

Heal up soon, Danny boy! I hear there is big money catchin those fur bearin varmits! Just trying to cheer you up, the reality is, there's nothin worth trapping! lol

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 12:07 AM

trapping is good for my soul
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 12:12 AM

Glad you are feeling better Danny.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 01:52 AM

Glad your on the mend. Whole household had it few weeks ago. We went the ivermec route and we're back up an going in a few days. Got a bunch of projects done around home while in quarantine. Be careful an ease into much physical activity Danny it'll feel like ya ran a marathon after few hrs work
Posted By: adam m

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 01:54 AM

I'm glad you're doing better.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 02:37 AM

Seen that Covid first hand….the wife had it on Nov 29….and had gotten the Infusion Drip 2 days ago…and today she is strarting to turn the corner. But she can’t smell my farts …which is a good thing….

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 02:58 AM

trapping is good for my soul

I know bud, that's why I do it! It sure ain't for the money!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 03:11 AM

Get Well Danny
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 03:42 AM

guy and maes williamsburg. get a slab. they make their own dippin sauce. if your going to kc try jones bbq on hwy 32 (kaw drive) between 435 and i70. another dandy

I'll be around sometime this winter. Gotta come down and see the grandson and I suppose stop and a see an ol feller in Wheaton.

i'll let ya know.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

I'll be around sometime this winter. Gotta come down and see the grandson and I suppose stop and a see an ol feller in Wheaton.

i'll let ya know.

Cool! Your always welcome here, Stephen!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 04:45 AM

I hope you make a quick and full recovery Danny.

Try to avoid being exposed to the new Omicron Covid. It looks like having other forms of Covid and the vaccines don't give you very good immunity. People ate getting sick with both Delta and Omicron at the same time now.

Keith
Posted By: martyd

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 04:45 AM

Glad you went into Dr. Freind of mine stubborn and would not go to Dr for 3 weeks. Did not make it. 47. Folks do not wait to long to go to hospital if you get it covid. I would force my Dr to look at me every 3 days not matter if insurance covered it or not. This is from a guy that has not taken the shot yet. MD
Posted By: Deerkiller

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 05:04 AM

I had it a few months back end of firs of September. For 2 weeks I have never felt so bad. Never loss smell or taste. Took me a month to start feeling good thow. I couldn’t breath but started walking everyday. I think that helped a lot.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 05:06 AM

Well fans, here we are at the end of the first five innings and the score is,
Grumpey Old Man 1
Covid variant nothing

That's right Sid. No way that covid variant had a fighting chance against 'Ol Grumpey.
I agree Russell. He's tougher than any variant - covid or otherwise.
Sid, Vegas just in... they have 5:3 odds Grumpey's back in his rock hauler before the engine cools down.
Russell, we're just glad to have him back Grumpey and all. He's something else.
I agree Sid, I agree.

Blessings danny!
Mark
Posted By: James

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 06:38 AM

Best to you in recovery, Danny.

Jim
Posted By: Boco

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 06:49 AM

God Bless for full recovery.
Posted By: VH60

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 10:41 AM

I started feeling a little off last thursday or friday . Runny nose , stuffed up head and a little achy . Saturday climbing a tree to hunt winded me . I got a bear and had a heck of a time dragging it out . Felt like I had no energy or wind at all . Fleshing the hide on Sunday wiped me out . I was winded , body ached all over , stuffed up head , mild fever and no energy . I was pounding shots of espresso to keep going .Took a home Covid test and it came back positive . Funny thing is I lost my sense of taste and smell yesterday like someone turned a switch off . Curious about the timeline of how this thing progresses . I guess I'll get in contact with my doctor today and see what my options are .
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 10:57 AM

Good to hear you are feeling better.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 11:15 AM

yep quit pushing vh60. sleep. dont turn it into pneumonia if you can avoid it. i woke up one morning and had soaked our bed with sweat. that was the turning point. been a little better every day since then.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by martyd
Glad you went into Dr. Freind of mine stubborn and would not go to Dr for 3 weeks. Did not make it. 47. Folks do not wait to long to go to hospital if you get it covid. I would force my Dr to look at me every 3 days not matter if insurance covered it or not. This is from a guy that has not taken the shot yet. MD

This. If you get it start fighting it immediately. If the home brew don't work within a day or two, see about getting the antibodies. The majority of people survive but treat it like it is highly fatal. Who knows it could be fatal to you. The vaccinated should treat it the same way. Good you pulled through Danny.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 01:32 PM

Glad you pulled through.

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 01:37 PM

yep quit pushing vh60. sleep. dont turn it into pneumonia if you can avoid it. i woke up one morning and had soaked our bed with sweat. that was the turning point. been a little better every day since then.

Glad to have you still planting daises partner instead of pushing 'em up.
See you at the next KS convention!

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: MnMan

Re: I think I am going to live - 12/06/21 02:45 PM

Just finishing up a two week stretch of it myself. It is definitely not fun to have but I was lucky and did not lose my sense of taste or smell although some things did taste different. There was about a week where I had no appetite and was pretty weak and achy. I have some thick bloody discharges from sinuses but am able to blow them out as well as coughing up any phlegm from my lungs. Did not see a DR. but did get a test kit and tested positive both times I tested myself. I am back in business and trapped a couple problem beaver yesterday for the city $$$$.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums