Posted By: Savell

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:00 AM

Good deal... keep it up
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:18 AM

Toe caught?
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:23 AM

No Wanna Be. It looks like that in the pic but it was a deep pad catch. If it was toe caught I would not have took the time to take pics. Eric

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by ABeardedTrapper
No Wanna Be. It looks like that in the pic but it was a deep pad catch. If it was toe caught I would not have took the time to take pics. Eric

Haha!! Had me wondering! I always look at the foot and trap and that pic just made it look like a toe catch. I snap a very quick pic and dispatch quick. Knock on wood, I haven’t had an animal escape while I was there, but I’m sure it will happen eventually.
Posted By: ABeardedTrapper

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:29 AM

That’s the first thing I look at when I walk up to see if it’s held tight for a photo opportunity. Eric

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 01:31 AM

Me too!! Congrats on #2.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Originally Posted by ABeardedTrapper

Haha!! Had me wondering! I always look at the foot and trap and that pic just made it look like a toe catch. I snap a very quick pic and dispatch quick. Knock on wood, I haven’t had an animal escape while I was there, but I’m sure it will happen eventually.

I have. I was messing around trying to take a picture of a coyote and the sun was all wrong. He had a perfect pad catch so I wasn't too worried about it. My gun was leaning on something several feet away. All of a sudden the coyote made another lunge and was gone. I was so shocked I never even thought to grab the gun, lol. He broke the jaw of the trap.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 03:05 AM

I could never get tired of catching cats- selling them is the new agony tho
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 04:32 AM

Nice cat
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 06:05 AM

Really Nice
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 02:23 PM

I watched an episode of freedom outdoors where Jeff Dunlap had a big bobcat pull out of the trap right in front of him! Lol
Posted By: wytex

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 03:54 PM

Nice cat sir !!
Do you get a decent price for those VA cats?
Leftlane sadly your Texas cats do not get the recognition they deserve. I've seen some really pretty spotted cats come out of Texas and not get a good price.
Our bobcats bring good money even on bad years.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 04:16 PM

I have. I was messing around trying to take a picture of a coyote and the sun was all wrong. He had a perfect pad catch so I wasn't too worried about it. My gun was leaning on something several feet away. All of a sudden the coyote made another lunge and was gone. I was so shocked I never even thought to grab the gun, lol. He broke the jaw of the trap.

One of the funniest videos on here several years ago was one Andy S put up of a day on his line. He was videoing a coyote in a trap where it did just what you are describing Angela. Andy's reaction to the whole scenario was priceless!!

Nice cat by the way Beard!!! Keep at it...
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 04:19 PM

Excellent job
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/07/21 09:23 PM

Nice bobcat.Congrats
Posted By: SeeEmSwans

Re: Kitty #2 - 12/08/21 01:00 AM

That’s a beautiful cat. I got my first one last week! I caught it in a cage trap that was my great grandpas
© 2024 Trapperman Forums