Home

Lacrosse ice kings?

Posted By: mudtracker

Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 01:45 AM

If you have a pair of them for you like them? Ice fishing and deer hunting, gets fairly cold here.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 01:47 AM

yes I have a pair , they are old , heard they aren't what they once were , I think mine are about 1994 vintage
Posted By: Zim

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 02:20 AM

I have had a pair for 20 years or so and don't think I have ever had cold feet in them.
Your not gonna set any track records while wearing them however.

Zim

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 02:24 AM

Zim, I am not built for track records. But I hate having cold feet
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 02:30 AM

had mine since 1994. replaced the liners a few (five?) years ago.

they ARE heavy/clunky; but they're good boots...at least they were back then.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 02:56 AM

I have had a pair for years. Good boot for sitting. They are a big boot don't want to walk miles in them. I really like mine.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 03:17 AM

I worked construction for a numer of years and the wore what was considered "top of the line" boot back then but froze my feet consistently. Bought me a pare of LaCrosse Ice Kings and never looked back! Bulky, yes but a small price to pay to keep my feet warm regardless of how cold it was.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 04:03 AM

Yes they are warm but if you dont have to walk in them. I have a pair of sorel something or other artic boots that are far warmer.

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 04:42 AM

160 user, are the sorels lighter and better for walking?
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 04:57 AM

I've had a pair since 1993. They were the best boot I owned UNTIL I punched a pair of Bafin Impact.
Posted By: GWGjr

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 10:54 AM

I got a new pair 5 years ago for ice fishing. No issues with keeping my feet warm but early last ice season I noticed a rip in the rubber right where it is attached to the leather upper - thought I must have hit the boot with my ice auger blade. Patched it a piece of Flex Seal tape and back in business until the other boot ripped open in pretty much the same area and I am positive I never hit that boot with the auger. I've read a lot of other complaints that the rubber on the Lacrosse boots just isn't what it used to be - I'm inclined to agree.

I also wear a pair of Cabela's Trans-Alaskans - very warm boot, but much stiffer to walk in compared to the Ice Kings.
Posted By: Black dogs

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 10:54 AM

Ice kings are great. I personally like the white “Mikey” boots far better. Same though, heavy as a boat anchor!

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 11:33 AM

Hornytoad, how are the baffins for weight and for walking?
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 12:05 PM

I've had a pair for 20+ years. They're warm, but a bit cumbersome to walk any distance in. Also, not much ankle support.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 12:22 PM

Super warm. I don't use mine anymore because reasons stated. I like a good walking boot and just use chemical warmers.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 12:25 PM

I have the ice kings, mickeys, and baffin titans. I prefer the ice kings for walking over the titans. All are warm
Posted By: Osky

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 12:25 PM

Baffin as well.

Osky
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 12:26 PM

I think you would be very happy with the lacrosse ice kings. Great liner which you can remove and dry also.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mudtracker
If you have a pair of them for you like them? Ice fishing and deer hunting, gets fairly cold here.

I love Mine
Posted By: Zim

Re: Lacrosse ice kings? - 12/10/21 01:40 PM

I wear size 13. Do not try to drive a compact size pickup with a manual transmission.

Just sayin, Zim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums