Home

Normal?

Posted By: Finster

Normal? - 12/15/21 10:03 PM

Does anyone else forget their exact age? I'm not talking because you want to, but you actually forget within a year or so? I think I'm losing my mind, or at least a year or so, someplace. crazy
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:05 PM

“New Normal” lol.
I do all the time.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:06 PM

Forgot my birthday once....sometimes I hafta think how old I am, lol...It happens....
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:08 PM

Only time I did that was during an eight month solo stint in western Alaska. And I was only 22 at the time.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:09 PM

Yup.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:11 PM

I usually have to do the math... Which means I have to know the current month and day... Which I don't always pay attention to.

Mike
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:19 PM

After thirty, we would just rather not know.

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 10:30 PM

I don’t think it’s a fair question when you get pulled over and they are attempting to ascertain your sobriety.

“Well I forget that even when I’m sober officer. I can remember the alphabet though!”
Posted By: Finster

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 11:35 PM

Glad I'm not alone.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Normal? - 12/15/21 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
Forgot my birthday once....sometimes I hafta think how old I am, lol...It happens....

I no longer want to remember my birthday.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 12:18 AM

It is an accomplishment to forget how old you are...
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Trapset
I don’t think it’s a fair question when you get pulled over and they are attempting to ascertain your sobriety.

“Well I forget that even when I’m sober officer. I can remember the alphabet though!”

But you can't say it without singing it. laugh
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:01 AM

A few years ago my younger cousin laughed at me for forgetting my age. Asked how that was even possible. This year he confessed that he had forgotten how old he was. His wife keeps reminding him about giving me such greaf about that. Bless her!

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by Trapset

But you can't say it without singing it. laugh

And dancing a little. grin
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 03:30 AM

I got pulled over for suspicion of DUI... He was really just fishing.

I passed 2 of his tests then he asked me to do the alphabet backwards. When I said it fast he said he should've started with that one because he wouldn't have needed to go any further.

As for the question at hand I have to do the math. Usually proceeded by "What year is it?"
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 04:24 AM

Yep
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 04:29 AM

I've had issue remembering my age for the last 1/2 dozen years or so.
It really makes no difference, To me my birthday is just another day of the year.
My wife wishes me happy birthday and my Mom will send me a card and call.
Maybe one of my kids will call but thats about it.

I have to ask what day of the week it is at times. I can tell when its the weekend and the stores are more crowded.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 04:41 AM

I forget my age and my kids ages all the time. Lol.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 09:59 AM

Yes, just last week and me and the wife had to do the math. Your not alone Finster
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 10:10 AM

Now days I associate my age with something. Example, back in March I turned 76 and I remembered a song called "76 Trombones Led The Big Parade. Next year I will use 77 Sunset Strip. If I make it to 78 I will have to come up with something.
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 11:04 AM

I was celebrating my 40th with a big get-together at a restaurant with my wife and friends when my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. He also informed me that I was only 39. Was pretty funny.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jiggamitch
I was celebrating my 40th with a big get-together at a restaurant with my wife and friends when my dad called to wish me a happy birthday. He also informed me that I was only 39. Was pretty funny.

If someone else picked up the tab..it was worth it!
Posted By: oldtrapper

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 12:54 PM

Happens to me all the time...
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:02 PM

What was the question? smile
Posted By: SJA

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Now days I associate my age with something. Example, back in March I turned 76 and I remembered a song called "76 Trombones Led The Big Parade. Next year I will use 77 Sunset Strip. If I make it to 78 I will have to come up with something.

If you're 78 next year, you should remember the old "78 RPM" Records :-)
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:50 PM

Naw.........then he'll think he's 33 1/3......or 45...
Posted By: SJA

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:56 PM

78's were made into the late '50s :-)

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggamitch

Ha ha ha! Good one! Better than informing you your 41! Ya got a free year!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Does anyone else forget their exact age? I'm not talking because you want to, but you actually forget within a year or so? I think I'm losing my mind, or at least a year or so, someplace. crazy

You're not that old. I hate to admit this, but it gets worse as you get older.
As you get older, you ignore things like age and birthdays especially.
Posted By: russ32

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 03:56 PM

Always forget my wife's birthday. Remember mine as next year i will be 90 never thought i would make to that.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 04:21 PM

What do you mean by exact? I'm able to fill out a form correctly that asks my age. I also know my date of birth. I even know my name.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 05:14 PM

I was 57 for a couple years.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Naw.........then he'll think he's 33 1/3......or 45...

grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Normal? - 12/16/21 06:25 PM

Yes I occasionally have to do the math

in the middle years what does age really matter been old enough to drink for longer than I wasn't although never let that little law get in my way. and I am around that far from the next age that means any change.

So I can just take my time getting any older I am 40 something till I am not
© 2024 Trapperman Forums