Home

Thanks NRA

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Thanks NRA - 12/15/21 11:21 PM

As per the Political Report in the December issue of the American Hunter magazine.concerning defeating anti-gun David Chapman, Biden’s nominee for ATF director. The NRA organized and staffed 26 townhall meetings for members in key battleground states to educate the members in order to correspond with their senators to oppose the Chipman nomination. The NRA also ran television ads in Maine, Montana and Maine and placed digital ads in numerous other states where Senators have yet to take a stance on Chipman’s nomination. NRA had 600,000 postcards that went out to stakeholders in Pennsylvania. Hundreds of thousands text message and e-mails where also sent. Again, thanks NRA.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 12:09 AM

Whatever you think of them, they're about the only game in town!

BTW: I joined when I was in the 'Nam in '71, went life in '78.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 12:18 AM

They been fighting for years but now we also have GOA. Never agreed with either on all issues but they both get my vote. Send them $ when I can

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by mississippiposse
They been fighting for years but now we also have GOA. Never agreed with either on all issues but they both get my vote. Send them $ when I can

Agree
Posted By: AJE

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 01:56 AM

NRA has been so awesome. I've been a proud life member for over 30 yrs
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 03:00 AM

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. LOL I’ve been a NRA member most of my life and joined the GOA last year we would be throwing rocks without them just look around.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 03:19 AM

I'm an NRA certified firearms instructor. Have to be a member to keep that piece of paper. Not sure I would otherwise. I do like GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation.

GOA gets a little crazy but they've calmed down in recent years and I would rather deal with a little crazy than have my gun organization be soft on gun control.
SAF has had a lot of success fighing in court quietly. Worth looking at.
NRA is too soft in my opinion. They supported the bump stock ban. I don't want a bump stock but I don't want my gun rights organization willingly giving up even a tiny little bit of a right. I'm also unhappy that such a large part of my membership goes to Wayne's wardrobe.

I'd be okay if GOA or SAF took over the #1 spot in the 2A protection business.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 03:29 AM

Great post. Stories like these keep me joining the NRA. In the past I would just join at banquets when I was able to go, but now sign up every year. I also don't agree with everything they support, most any limitation to second is not alright with me, but if they weren't out there, if we weren't organized in some way, where would we be? Even if it costs a closet full of nice suits. There are plenty of guys out there who willingly donate "suit money" and don't blink an eye, so my $35 or $40 a year or whatever is a drop in the bucket anyways, but at least I feel I have more of a nation wide voice.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 03:33 AM

Just don't forget that no one is perfect , same with any organization ,
Mistakes are made , but the goal stays the same .
Any organization that backs the Second Amendment gets my backing .
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Just don't forget that no one is perfect , same with any organization ,
Mistakes are made , but the goal stays the same .
Any organization that backs the Second Amendment gets my backing .

Amen!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy
I'm an NRA certified firearms instructor. Have to be a member to keep that piece of paper. Not sure I would otherwise. I do like GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation.

GOA gets a little crazy but they've calmed down in recent years and I would rather deal with a little crazy than have my gun organization be soft on gun control.
SAF has had a lot of success fighing in court quietly. Worth looking at.
NRA is too soft in my opinion. They supported the bump stock ban. I don't want a bump stock but I don't want my gun rights organization willingly giving up even a tiny little bit of a right. I'm also unhappy that such a large part of my membership goes to Wayne's wardrobe.

I'd be okay if GOA or SAF took over the #1 spot in the 2A protection business.

Ditto , but right now GOA and SAF make so much progress because the DNC had a big target painted on the NRA

the others can do a lot of good

well almost ditto I might be as crazy as the GOA , we should all have build your own suppressors, store bought suppressors and Short barreled rifles and shotguns with no extra papers needed.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
we would be throwing rocks without them just look around.

I’d like to think we would be shooting long before that and put an exclamation point on the Right to Bear.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 10:45 AM

The NRA unfortunately is failing bad right now. They are in serious trouble due to bad management and infighting. Not much of it is making the news but It's a horrible mess, I'm not sure if the NRA is going to survive.

They are not the only game in town fortunately, Gun Owners of America is coming on strong.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 10:55 AM

I support GOA. FWIW GOA played a big role in squashing Chapmans nomination. Lobbying key senators and organizing voters to contact them.

You will NEVER get me to support gun control. Gun control is not only illegal its just wrong. Self defense is a right. Including the right to defend against a government that refuses to protect civil rights like the right to be armed. Any organization that BLATANTLY supports gun control will not get a nickel from me.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 11:54 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 01:13 PM

We've been round and round on this, but support which ever one you want, or support all of them. As I've said before, any organization that gun grabbing liberals hate as much as the NRA must be doing something right, and gets my support.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
We've been round and round on this, but support which ever one you want, or support all of them. As I've said before, any organization that gun grabbing liberals hate as much as the NRA must be doing something right, and gets my support.

X2
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 02:25 PM

If given a knife with a guarantee and the first inch of the blade snapped off and one side of the handle broke off. I guess it is okay when you call the company and they mention that you still have most of the knife so live with it.
Posted By: nh toe pincher

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

X2

X3 life member for over 40 years
Posted By: hippie

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 05:53 PM

They've done more good than bad by a longshot, ill continue to support any org. that fights anti-gunners.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 06:18 PM

and i will continue to stand against organizations that support gun control
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

2x. Just like never pro Trumpers. NRA fan boys try to pretend It walks on water. Would be better to openly admit they have supported gun restrictions and that they are ok with that if it comes from their team. If they would grow a pair and hold them acountable maybe the orginization would become the from my cold dead hands group they claim to be. Man i wish they were the group i once thought they were.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 07:47 PM

Don't see anything in this post about NRA walking on water.

And what's a never pro Trumper?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 07:57 PM

Was going to put never trump and pro trump fan boys in the same catagory. Both sided are blind and not rational. Read confusing so I decided to deleat the never trump part. Guess i didnt get it all.

More groups than the just NRA worked for this goal im glad they did. Glad the NRA was on the right side this time.
But they dont get all the credit.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Was going to put never trump and pro trump fan boys in the same catagory. Both sided are blind and not rational. Read confusing so I decided to deleat the never trump part. Guess i didnt get it all.

More groups than the just NRA worked for this goal im glad they did. Glad the NRA was on the right side this time.

Well the rational thing about both Trump and the NRA is that neither is perfect, but have been on the right side far more than the wrong side.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:07 PM

Don't see anything in this post about NRA walking on water.

And what's a never pro Trumper?

Its kinda like a third party promising the moon with no compromise because they know they'll never have to back up their no compromise claims and never have. They won't get elected yet people vote for them.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:16 PM

Well the rational thing about both Trump and the NRA is that neither is perfect, but have been on the right side far more than the wrong side.

Yet 80% of those in those groups get all bent out of shape if you say anything negitiave about either group.

The NRA lost my membership by their actions. I voted for Trump but know and wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes. Example mouthing off about Mcain gettuing caught and not being a hero. From a draft dodger no less. No I did not like Mcain but had he keep his mouth shut Obumer care would have been gone. Well maybe the rino would not have showboated durring that vote to make a point.
?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:18 PM

Its kinda like a third party promising the moon with no compromise because they know they'll never have to back up their no compromise claims and never have. They won't get elected yet people vote for them.[/quote]

You dont compromise rights. Sad some just dont seem to get that.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:27 PM

Didn't say it was right to compromise, but some believe there are groups that won't is my point.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:28 PM

It really doesn’t matter if you are pro or con or neutral NRA, they helped defeat the Bateman nomination along with the GOA. I doubt it would have happened if both organizations weren’t involved. So give credit where credit is due.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:30 PM

The NRA lost my membership by their actions. I voted for Trump but know and wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes. Example mouthing off about Mcain gettuing caught and not being a hero. From a draft dodger no less. No I did not like Mcain but had he keep his mouth shut Obumer care would have been gone. Well maybe the rino would not have showboated durring that vote to make a point.
?

Well, we derailed the thread here, but since you brought it up, the rational thing would be to focus on Trumps policies and accomplishments during his administration and not so much on the mean things he said. If you need a benchmark you can compare to the current administration.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
It really doesn’t matter if you are pro or con or neutral NRA, they helped defeat the Bateman nomination along with the GOA. I doubt it would have happened if both organizations weren’t involved. So give credit where credit is due.

THIS

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 08:43 PM

?

Well, we derailed the thread here, but since you brought it up, the rational thing would be to focus on Trumps policies and accomplishments during his administration and not so much on the mean things he said. If you need a benchmark you can compare to the current administration.

Told you it was coming the same old BS forget the wins and focus on the loses! Happens every time.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 09:01 PM

what losses?????????????????????????????????????

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 09:07 PM

[/quote]

Told you it was coming the same old BS forget the wins and focus on the loses! Happens every time.
[/quote]

Funny how the wins any more are just not taking a loss. So staying where we are at and never getting ahead. But losses well we lost something else that not going to come back.

So a win is not a win more of a draw and a loss is a loss. We dont often get a real win.

But hey if your happy with that im happy for you.

Focuse on staying the same and throw a party if we dont loose something. No wonder we cant ever win or get ahead.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 09:14 PM

If you advocate for a law requiring permission and a fine to own something, and that law passes its a win not a loss

If you advocate for registration at point of sale and that law passes its a win not a loss.

If you advocate for permission to buy and it passes its a win not a loss.

If you advocate to ban something and it passes its a win not a loss.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 09:23 PM

Did the NRA not turn over Cali gun/mag bans in the last year? Can we carry in more states then we could in the past even IL something that I never thought we’d see ever.

All I know is I had guns and ammo my whole life without being denied that right ever so I find it tough to complain about it much.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 10:17 PM

Absolutely yes to your questions. Just dont forget it wasn't the NRA standing alone to do those things like it was for the gun control that they advocated for. For the gun control they support they only have the support and backing of gun control groups. Lobbyists like GOA and the 2nd Amendment Foundation were not participants. They were opposed and did not hide it. In fact it is gun control support by the NRA that was the catalyst for those groups to organize. If your OK with the NRA's position on common sense gun control (I do not think there is such a thing) that is certainly your right. Just say so.

When a thread starts out suggesting the NRA blocked the appointment of Chapman I have to speak out. They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/16/21 11:39 PM

[quote=They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination.[/quote]

Prove it
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 12:01 AM

Yeah, I'd like to see the numbers on that claim as well. Watta ya you got Danny?
Posted By: gman

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 12:09 AM

The NRA lost my membership by their actions.

You won't be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 01:49 AM

Email I just got from G.O.A.

I have bad news.

It appears that Republicans just cut an anti-gun compromise during negotiations over the passage of H.R. 1620, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021 (VAWA).

Gun owners need to TAKE ACTION immediately to tell their Senators to oppose this ridiculous anti-gun compromise.

On December 16th, anti-gun leaders Senator Feinstein and Senator Durbin joined arms with Republican Senators Ernst and Murkowski to announce:

“After nearly three years of negotiations, we have reached an agreement…

“We are committed to introducing a bipartisan, modernized VAWA reauthorization next month.”

Senator Feinstein went on to brag that this compromise would expand the misdemeanor gun ban.
Given the makeup of the Senate, there is NO REASON that gun control should pass this Congress.

And to be sure, Senators who were elected on a pro-gun platform have no business HELPING the Biden Administration enact its gun control agenda.

So please, take action to oppose this anti-gun “deal.”

Republicans have been negotiating with the Democrats over this for years.

And for years our grassroots activists were clear: NO GUN CONTROL IN VAWA.

Please, use our tool to quickly send a message to your Senators, notifying them that you are opposed to this deal!

Gun owners demand the removal of these anti-gun sections from the bill:

Section 102: federal grants to fund firearm seizures.
Sections 801 and 802: a new form of “red flag” gun confiscation orders, and new and expanded misdemeanor gun bans.
Sections 1201 and 1202: greater funding to prosecute tens of
thousands of NICS denials—including law-abiding gun owners who receive false-positive denials.
Section 1203: special appointments and deputizations to prosecute new gun controls.
These sections have NOTHING to do with reducing violence against women and EVERYTHING to do with enacting President Biden’s gun control agenda.

Which is why it’s disturbing to see the anti-gun compromise that was just cut.

Send your Senators an email here, and then give them a phone call to hold them accountable at (202) 224-3121).

In WHAT WORLD is this a win for the Second Amendment?

IT. IS. NOT.

Tell your Senators to quit negotiating with your rights!

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 01:50 AM

P.S. do your own research, it will do you some good

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 02:04 AM

I’m going back to my original post what was reported in the American Hunter magazine not other things the NRA did or did not do. What was false about that article and how do you know it is false. Again, I am only referring to the items I quoted. Did they not do any of it or even part of it.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 02:08 AM

When a thread starts out suggesting the NRA blocked the appointment of Chapman I have to speak out. They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination.

So you got nothing to back up your claim?

Just your usual NRA-bashing bullcrap?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 02:12 AM

https://www.gunowners.org/na09092021/

Even NPR recognized the work of GOA and our grassroots activism, saying:

The struggle to get a confirmed director on the books over the years has been due in large part to opposition from gun rights groups…

That dynamic played out again this time… Gun Owners of America… blasted Chipman’s nomination, calling him a threat to law-abiding gun owners.

Like I said "They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination."

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 02:14 AM

Where does the NRA stand on this latest round of gun control being supported by Republicans?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/17/21 02:23 AM

https://www.gunowners.org/na09092021/

Even NPR recognized the work of GOA and our grassroots activism, saying:

The struggle to get a confirmed director on the books over the years has been due in large part to opposition from gun rights groups…

That dynamic played out again this time… Gun Owners of America… blasted Chipman’s nomination, calling him a threat to law-abiding gun owners.

Like I said "They PARTICIPATED in the effort to block him but they were not instrumental by any stretch of the imagination."

Again, how do you know. So none of the things I mentioned were not instrumental in blocking the nomination? That is an assumption on your part with no facts unless you have proof. Seems to me all those things they did would be very instrumental.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 05:14 AM

You ragging on them gets old. Good grief. They don't support gun control. People like you ragging on NRA makes anti's happy. The energy you spend on tMan regular ragging on NRA is unreal. Luckily most people on here see through your NRA bashing bs. What they've accomplished over the decades is amazing. No 1 says they've been perfect. Thank god most gun owners don't think like you. You thrive on derailing all NRA threads.

AJE
NRA Life Member
SAF Life Member
WI Carry, Inc Member

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 09:39 AM

They don't support gun control.

Your wrong. Not only do they support it they have written multiple bills

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 09:42 AM

AJE I wont quit bashing them as they are a bunch of thieves. The goal of the NRA is the same as PETA's goaL. MAKE MONEY FROM A CONTROVERSAL ISSUE.

If there were no more gun control the goose that lays the golden eggs will have been butchered.

Wake up and smell the coffee

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by AJE

You ragging on them gets old. Good grief. They don't support gun control. People like you ragging on NRA makes anti's happy. The energy you spend on tMan regular ragging on NRA is unreal. Luckily most people on here see through your NRA bashing bs. What they've accomplished over the decades is amazing. No 1 says they've been perfect. Thank god most gun owners don't think like you. You thrive on derailing all NRA threads.

AJE
NRA Life Member
SAF Life Member
WI Carry, Inc Member

You're wasting your time on this one AJE. Many times in the past I have made long posts in response to his endless NRA-bashing detailing the great things the NRA has done for gun owners over the decades. The hundreds of millions of dollars spent on public shooting ranges, firearm education and training classes and programs for children and adults. And of course the staggering amount of successful court cases won in favor of gun owners through the use of NRA money.

He never responds to that stuff, just ignores it.

I've also suggested multiple times that, instead of hijacking every single positive NRA thread, he should post positive stuff about the pro-gun group he supports. He never does that, he just bashes...endlessly.

I support the NRA.

I also support the GOA and the SAF.

Bashing any of these organizations is not in the best interests of gun owners. And to me, it's stupid.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 02:10 PM

The NRA has great programs thats for sure. Another thing thats for sure is when you loose or trade a right away to keep something else thats is a loss. Keep what you allready have is staying the same. Every single gun law is unconstituional and an infrengment there for illiegal. They useed to try to claim they were a no compermise group i dont know about now becuse i have not been a member and got their nonstop fund raising stuff in seveeal years.

But they are not and they have supported gun controle several times. Thats a fact.

If you are ok with traiding rights for a range or program to a group that built them with donated money cool carry on. I guess a lot of the fuds are ok and luke some gun restrictions. If so its the group for you.

So they did their job and sent out mailers and had a grass roots effort along with other groups good thats whars they are there for. WHAT THEY ARE NOT FOR IS TO SUPPORT GUN CONTROLE YET THEY HAVE, DO, AND WILL. When that happens the restrictions happen. LOOK EVEN GUN OWNERS THINK THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE REASIONABLE AND NEEDED..

You think it gets old hearing a few rag on the NRA. Try hearing many blinded fuds champion them selling out my and my childrens rights. You can be ok with that but i am not. Expect an aposing view. Its not like a single thing i have ever said was not a documented fact.

Just becuse someone builds a childrens hospital does not wash away war crimes in some 3rd world country. Or the great man beating his wife behind closed doors.

If the mmenbership stood and held them to account it would not happen. I made my stand. Those that wont and white wash it ARE the problem. They are ok with more restrictions if its from their group.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/18/21 03:57 PM

I’m going back to my original post what was reported in the American Hunter magazine not other things the NRA did or did not do. What was false about that article and how do you know it is false. Again, I am only referring to the items I quoted. Did they not do any of it or even part of it.

Again, I ask these questions.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 01:44 AM

Now Grandpaw we all know there is no way to tell what groups work did the most. Not only do we need it all but 100x more than we have. Im 100% sure the NRA had a big part in this going our way. They have a ton of clout and are well known.

Im just guessing but I think Danny is like me and feels let down and betrayed by a them. For years I thought they were what they said no compermise "from my cold dead hands" gun right group. When I started seeing that was not true and they infact supported gun controle I got mad. Now I hear people talk about them in the same manor that I used to think about them I asume they are just uninformed as I was. When I hear the excused trying to white wash it I get a little wound up. I love my country and its under constant attack. One of the bigest groups that people think are there to protect it is failing and selling us out but given a pass by many. ( no one is perfect, its the best we got, well whats your group doing better) So I call them out on it. Its not popular and it doesn't make a lot of friends but if everybody keeps making excuses and gives them a pass they will never be held accountable will never be the organization that I used to think they were. They could be that group. But just like our government they won't change until they're held accountable.

They are still a good group and do a lot of good things but please dont let them off when they are darn wrong. Like a child they need corrected when they are wrong. Calling them and e mail from me did no good im just one person so did the only other thing I could. Had them remove me from the roster. You know taking a stand for what I believe in even when it really suckes.
I promise if .5 million members did the same at the same time they would take notice and change the direction they are heading. But they won't. They make excuses read their magazine and complain about how dumb the anti gun people are. Then send another check to a group selling them out a small piece at a time.

Then wounder why guys like Danny and I get worked up. Its not truly anger any more for me its sadness and dissapointment in my fellow Americans especially gun owners. I mean NRA membership is only what 5 million vs the number of gun owners. Kind of like how many trappers join trapping org. But trapping groups don't ever support more trapping restrictions do they?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 04:04 AM

Now Grandpaw we all know there is no way to tell what groups work did the most. Not only do we need it all but 100x more than we have. Im 100% sure the NRA had a big part in this going our way. They have a ton of clout and are well known.

Im just guessing but I think Danny is like me and feels let down and betrayed by a them. For years I thought they were what they said no compermise "from my cold dead hands" gun right group. When I started seeing that was not true and they infact supported gun controle I got mad. Now I hear people talk about them in the same manor that I used to think about them I asume they are just uninformed as I was. When I hear the excused trying to white wash it I get a little wound up. I love my country and its under constant attack. One of the bigest groups that people think are there to protect it is failing and selling us out but given a pass by many. ( no one is perfect, its the best we got, well whats your group doing better) So I call them out on it. Its not popular and it doesn't make a lot of friends but if everybody keeps making excuses and gives them a pass they will never be held accountable will never be the organization that I used to think they were. They could be that group. But just like our government they won't change until they're held accountable.

They are still a good group and do a lot of good things but please dont let them off when they are darn wrong. Like a child they need corrected when they are wrong. Calling them and e mail from me did no good im just one person so did the only other thing I could. Had them remove me from the roster. You know taking a stand for what I believe in even when it really suckes.
I promise if .5 million members did the same at the same time they would take notice and change the direction they are heading. But they won't. They make excuses read their magazine and complain about how dumb the anti gun people are. Then send another check to a group selling them out a small piece at a time.

Then wounder why guys like Danny and I get worked up. Its not truly anger any more for me its sadness and dissapointment in my fellow Americans especially gun owners. I mean NRA membership is only what 5 million vs the number of gun owners. Kind of like how many trappers join trapping org. But trapping groups don't ever support more trapping restrictions do they?

I understand. Good post. As I said, I was only referring to the actions they said they did against the Chipman nomination, nothing else. Does the NRA screw up other things, I would say yes. I feel Wayne LaPierre must go. However, anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more than any other pro-gun organization.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 04:25 AM

I understand. Good post. As I said, I was only referring to the actions they said they did against the Chipman nomination, nothing else. Does the NRA screw up other things, I would say yes. I feel Wayne LaPierre must go. However, anti-gun politicians fear the NRA more than any other pro-gun organization.

You are correct. The big question is is it possable to get them to be the no compromise group and how? I darn sure would like it to be. I would buy 5 lifetime memberships tonight if i thought they would be .

You think they have clout with 5million members what do you thin would happen if they got the die hard gun guys like me to join that they made mad? I know a lot. Their membership would go up a lot. Talk about gaining power.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 04:33 AM

Neal Knox

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Knox

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 05:03 AM

Providence Farm, I don’t know what it will take to bring back the no compromise group (I am actually one of you) I guess a start would be to replace Wayne LaPierre. Do you have any other opinions how to do it. My personal opinion we need to join forces and not against each other. We need to get back to the mentality one for all, all for one.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 05:18 AM

No i dont know how the upper end of the group works or how to get it fixed. I sure wish i did boy do we need it. I did all i could do and failed as an single person. That why i alway point out their failing. Its not to down them but to get people to realize whats going on agree there is a problem and figure out a solution. But either I dont comunicate clearly or NRA guys just automaticly take as a hit and puff up. Who can blame them guns are always under attack after all. Its natural to be defensive after being attacked on every day day in and day out.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 05:24 AM

Agree. However, the NRA needs to get the message one way or other. However, I will still support them. Just hoping some things with them will change. Again, starting at the very top management.. I idoubt it will happen.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 06:33 AM

I think it is ironic that NRA today is saying the same stuff the black panthers were saying in the 60's about private ownership of firearms. In the 60's black people arming themselves is one of the reasons the gun control act of 68 was supported by the NRA.

They still support insta check. The creation of a gun owner registry. The NRA still supports MOST of the gun control act of 68. A bill Charlton Hesston strongly and publicly advocated for. The nra still supports the original bill that nra lawyers wrote, The national firearms act. Only recently have they said they want to repeal PART of it. The restrictions on noise suppressors.

I was very naïve when I joined in the mid 70's but the Clinton years were a real wakeup up call. I was politically asleep when Ronny Raygun decided to limit the number of automictic firearms FREE PEOPLE of the United States could legally own. Any automatic produced after May 19, 1986 is illegal for purchase by the public. I was too busy with a new family to worry about much of anything else. Economy was improving daily and I was happy and blinded.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...nd-system-fact-checking-the-fact-checker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act (supported by the NRA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act ronny ray guns gun control bill while president (supported by the nra)

I could go on but most of you "support the NRA no matter what" folks already know this stuff and choose to ignore it

Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 08:38 AM

Did the NRA not turn over Cali gun/mag bans in the last year? Can we carry in more states then we could in the past even IL something that I never thought we’d see ever.

All I know is I had guns and ammo my whole life without being denied that right ever so I find it tough to complain about it much.

The California mag ban has been reinstated by the 9th Circuit for the time being.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 11:59 AM

Providence Farm, I don’t know what it will take to bring back the no compromise group (I am actually one of you) I guess a start would be to replace Wayne LaPierre. Do you have any other opinions how to do it. My personal opinion we need to join forces and not against each other. We need to get back to the mentality one for all, all for one.

I completely agree. Job one has to be getting rid of LaPierre. He has done a great deal of good for many years but it's past time he steps down. There has been a lot of political infighting in the top echelons of the NRA. LaPierre always seems to come out on top of the power struggles and is said to use dirty tactics to control or eliminate board members who oppose him. I think with LaPierre it is no longer about the good of the organization and is now about the good of Wayne LaPierre.

His actions over the last several years have cost the NRA money and membership, he has to go.

That being said, the NRA is still the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the Country and will continue to get my support while I continue to vote for change via the Board of Director elections.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

The California mag ban has been reinstated by the 9th Circuit for the time being.

For now.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/19/21 01:08 PM

I think it is ironic that NRA today is saying the same stuff the black panthers were saying in the 60's about private ownership of firearms. In the 60's black people arming themselves is one of the reasons the gun control act of 68 was supported by the NRA.

They still support insta check. The creation of a gun owner registry. The NRA still supports MOST of the gun control act of 68. A bill Charlton Hesston strongly and publicly advocated for. The nra still supports the original bill that nra lawyers wrote, The national firearms act. Only recently have they said they want to repeal PART of it. The restrictions on noise suppressors.

I was very naïve when I joined in the mid 70's but the Clinton years were a real wakeup up call. I was politically asleep when Ronny Raygun decided to limit the number of automictic firearms FREE PEOPLE of the United States could legally own. Any automatic produced after May 19, 1986 is illegal for purchase by the public. I was too busy with a new family to worry about much of anything else. Economy was improving daily and I was happy and blinded.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...nd-system-fact-checking-the-fact-checker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act (supported by the NRA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act ronny ray guns gun control bill while president (supported by the nra)

I could go on but most of you "support the NRA no matter what" folks already know this stuff and choose to ignore it

I was 6 in 86 so it good to say i was not paying attention. I was raised by an single mom that did not like guns so most of my exposure was at scout camp where the NRA was it and hung the moon. They were yhe only reason we still hqd our guns dont you know. I was NRA all the way.

An amasing thing happend when I got into NFA. None of them were pro NRA. I could not believe it all these guys tith money to buy that high dollar full auto and custom work did not like the NRA? So i asked why? At first i did not believe what they said but when checked out they were right. I told myself that was a long time ago maybe they changed. Then i saw them in action. Nope they did not change. I started pointing ut out then in places like this i was the bad guy as you have experenced as well.

But us calling them out them saying its the big group and they do more harm then good and we just keep butting heads is not productive getting our rights back. I assume that is all of our goal once we get past my groop is better than yours and yours did this and that.

So civil discourse opening doors of comunication and figuring out how to get the best way to get back to shall not be infrenged is in order.

I dont have the answers maybe you have some good ideas? 1 can the NRA be fixed? 2 how. .3 if so what would it take to earn your support again? Or is it to far gone and should be wrote off and attempt to build GOA to the NRA sizecand standing nationally?

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/20/21 07:39 AM

I think right now its going to be tough to keep what we have. There is a new bill being supported by many in big R called the womans protection act or some nonsense. Has more restrictions in it. Of course they are "reasonable" restrictions. Since big R supports it I am afraid the NRA will too. They may not, and I hope they do not, but based on previous actions I wont be surprised if they do.

Nobody except male cowards wants to see a woman beaten by her husband. There are men who beat them though and women who like a man that does it. You see it over and over that a woman leaves one man that beats her and finds another that will. I dont think we can do anything about those people. They are mentally ill.

Its already illegal to beat anybody. Lock the coward up. Leave him in jail. Thats too simple I guess. So instead of enforcing and punishing under the laws we already have lets pass more laws. More laws will fix it. Its what we hear constantly. More law is needed.

I long to hear a mainstream politician say that we need to repeal laws. Not pass more. When somebody steals put them in jail. Thats what jails are for. When somebody has a garage sale without paying the city for a permission slip, well thats what kind of STUFF free people do. They dont get permission to open a business because people creating their own wealth is what built this country.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/20/21 08:00 AM

Heres a good example of what is going on today. People really believe that passing a law will fix most anything

https://www.yahoo.com/news/life-let-often-best-not-055315014.html

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/20/21 08:05 AM

FWIW when I was a kid, a twelve year old could take the money he earned from his paper route, especially at Christmas time when tips were big, to the post office to buy a money order. He could send that money order to Sears and the mail man would bring him his brand new Ted Williams shotgun right to the door.

I never even heard about a school shooting even though in rural schools lots of kids brought a gun to school.

More law fixes NOTHING
Posted By: gman

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/20/21 04:22 PM

Merry Christmas to the NRA bashers!
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/20/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I completely agree. Job one has to be getting rid of LaPierre. He has done a great deal of good for many years but it's past time he steps down. There has been a lot of political infighting in the top echelons of the NRA. LaPierre always seems to come out on top of the power struggles and is said to use dirty tactics to control or eliminate board members who oppose him. I think with LaPierre it is no longer about the good of the organization and is now about the good of Wayne LaPierre.

His actions over the last several years have cost the NRA money and membership, he has to go.

That being said, the NRA is still the most powerful pro-gun lobby in the Country and will continue to get my support while I continue to vote for change via the Board of Director elections.

That sums it up very well.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/21/21 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by gman
Merry Christmas to the NRA bashers!

Merry Christmas to you.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/21/21 01:41 PM

I have a hypothetical question for all of the no compromise bunch.

First off, I'm right there with you, but we have the NRA, a huge lobbying group that lobbies politicians. Say a bill was introduced that bans "assault weapons" and Congress had enough votes to pass it. The NRA lobbies against this but cannot get enough votes to keep this from going through. Would the next step be to throw hands in the air and say no compromise, or maybe you offer an alternative, like a 3 day wait on "assault weapons." With that " compromise" you now have enough votes to keep the ban from going through. Would you be no compromise here or compromise?

I don't spend time on capitol Hill or in lobbying groups, but I know that these politicians are always playing games with our rights. If the NRA wasn't around, I would think my generation (I'm 35) would never know that we had the right to keep and bear arms. Again, I'm against any anti gun/anti personal rights policy you put in front of me, but I'm not on capitol Hill voting for this stuff either. I have 2 senators and a congressman who has to speak for me out there. Luckily I have good ones representing me, but not everyone does.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/21/21 03:31 PM

I think right now its going to be tough to keep what we have. There is a new bill being supported by many in big R called the womans protection act or some nonsense. Has more restrictions in it. Of course they are "reasonable" restrictions. Since big R supports it I am afraid the NRA will too. They may not, and I hope they do not, but based on previous actions I wont be surprised if they do.

Nobody except male cowards wants to see a woman beaten by her husband. There are men who beat them though and women who like a man that does it. You see it over and over that a woman leaves one man that beats her and finds another that will. I dont think we can do anything about those people. They are mentally ill.

Its already illegal to beat anybody. Lock the coward up. Leave him in jail. Thats too simple I guess. So instead of enforcing and punishing under the laws we already have lets pass more laws. More laws will fix it. Its what we hear constantly. More law is needed.

I long to hear a mainstream politician say that we need to repeal laws. Not pass more. When somebody steals put them in jail. Thats what jails are for. When somebody has a garage sale without paying the city for a permission slip, well thats what kind of STUFF free people do. They dont get permission to open a business because people creating their own wealth is what built this country.

You know the U.S. does not have the jails to do this. Yes, that answer is too simple. The correct answer is build a lot more jails $$$$$$$$$, or execute immediately ( no appeals) more criminals. Neither will happen. The criminals will continue enjoying the benefits of American justice and the government will continue to pass more laws they cannot enforce.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/21/21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by fishnhunts

First off, I'm right there with you, but we have the NRA, a huge lobbying group that lobbies politicians. Say a bill was introduced that bans "assault weapons" and Congress had enough votes to pass it. The NRA lobbies against this but cannot get enough votes to keep this from going through. Would the next step be to throw hands in the air and say no compromise, or maybe you offer an alternative, like a 3 day wait on "assault weapons." With that " compromise" you now have enough votes to keep the ban from going through. Would you be no compromise here or compromise?

I don't spend time on capitol Hill or in lobbying groups, but I know that these politicians are always playing games with our rights. If the NRA wasn't around, I would think my generation (I'm 35) would never know that we had the right to keep and bear arms. Again, I'm against any anti gun/anti personal rights policy you put in front of me, but I'm not on capitol Hill voting for this stuff either. I have 2 senators and a congressman who has to speak for me out there. Luckily I have good ones representing me, but not everyone does.

Nope Im at the point I will not comply with further restrictions. Each person must make up his own mind and know where their line in the sand is. I comply with the NFA bs but when things like bump stocks, binary triggers or pistol braces the meet the letter of the law are made illiegal without congress its not a legal law or ban. Its not legal with congress but darn sure is not without them.

The only thing that makes it work for them is the fact Amaricans comply becuse they are spineless wimps and wont take a stand and prefer their comforts to freedoms.

If someone will get introuble for their bump stock the meets the letter of the law the same as having an illiegal full auto well may as well have real full auto the same sentence will apply.

Besides if and if then its ok then. No its still not. Mass noncomplience is.

Re: Thanks NRA - 12/21/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by fishnhunts

Your smarter than most regarding politics.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums