Home

National School Shooting Day

Posted By: yotetrapper30

National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:21 PM

What in the heck is wrong with people? Have you all heard about this? A viral tiktok challenge to shoot up your school today? Insanity. I know a LOT of people didn't send their kids to school today. I don't have kids, but I can't say I blame them. Probably just a prank, but there's always that "what if." The world has gone insane.

Local schools have caught wind of a viral TikTok trend encouraging students to bring weapons to school Friday, Dec. 17 to, “every school in the USA, even elementary.”

D20 warns parents about Tik Tok challenge that encourages students to bring weapons to school on Friday
The viral post has circulated nationally, calls students to commit acts of violence unofficially marking Dec. 17 as ‘National Shoot Up Your School Day.’

While the post does not target any specific schools, school systems across the nation are taking precautions and being hyper vigilant to any potential threats.

Chambers County School District responded to the viral trend on Facebook, recognizing the trend and highlighting the fact there are no active threats currently to the school district.

“The post appears to be part of a national TikTok trend and did not originate in our school district. We have heard reports from other districts that the same post is circulating in their schools. While we do not believe the threat to be credible, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking it seriously.”

The full post can be read below:

TikTok responded to the unnerving trend in a tweet saying they are working with law enforcement to investigate potential violence.

Russell County School District sent out a similar notice earlier today, both school districts do not have active threats at this time.

If anyone has information on a potential threat, they are asked to notify a staff member or local authorities immediately.

https://www.wrbl.com/news/national/...tricts-respond-to-national-tiktok-trend/
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:34 PM

Another thing to keep the masses in fear and under control.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:34 PM

This is not a credible threat. Understand the concern, but not credible, direct from law enforcement.
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:39 PM

Wouldn't that video be a terroristic act? I hope they go after the idiots that made that!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:40 PM

who ever started that needs took out behind the barn. with free speech comes responsibility
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
This is not a credible threat. Understand the concern, but not credible, direct from law enforcement.

But how can law enforcement possibly know that? The challenge is out there on social media. LEOs have no way of knowing what might be in the minds of millions of disturbed/ over-medicated teens. It just takes one kid to decide to take the challenge seriously.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:45 PM

crazy
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:48 PM

Back in 1970s when I was in highschool. Big thing for while was bomb scares. Remember sometimes couple times a week we'd be rushed out in yard like fire drill. Cops coming walk threw the building. As career fire fighter later on I did plenty of them walk through at several schools over years. This just going be newest thing now that some nut have actually shot up schools. I really can't recall any actual bombings.

Mac
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:49 PM

safe thing to do would be to put 2 officers at every school with their patrol rifles , so if there is something it is over fast

ever notice when failure is the outcome the shootings slow down especially when it is a few in a row.

also notice the news hates reporting shooter failure and counter terrorist success.

and nothing disappears faster from a new cycle than a citizen ending a terror attack.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 03:59 PM

It's an act of terrorism and the individuals responsible should be found and prosecuted even if they are in a foreign country, We live in the age of globalism and it's not just the economy. This could be from anyone in the world including a foreign government. All is fair in love and war and in modern times war is seldom formerly declared but it lives in the background.
Posted By: corky

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 04:28 PM

TikTok is a Chinese Company :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TikTok
Posted By: warrior

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
safe thing to do would be to put 2 officers at every school with their patrol rifles , so if there is something it is over fast

ever notice when failure is the outcome the shootings slow down especially when it is a few in a row.

also notice the news hates reporting shooter failure and counter terrorist success.

and nothing disappears faster from a new cycle than a citizen ending a terror attack.

WRONG!

The proper thing would be the Principal and selected staff plus parents being fully armed and willing to meet all threats with overwhelming force.

Or you could just let the politzei handle it as they do in most police states.
Posted By: Boco

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:22 PM

Just another type of Chinese cyber attack to undermine western social order.
They likely instigated the smash and grab crowd too for the same purpose.
Posted By: GRP

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:23 PM

My wife is a teacher, her admin advised them to be aware today, and that there would be LEO presence at school. Why isn't tik tok banned? I mean, look how fast Parler got popped after Jan 6th.
Posted By: Wptourist

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:28 PM

I would think the solution to this is to back track and determine who started the trend and prosecute. I would like to know who is stirring the pot and what they have to gain
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:37 PM

Joke's on them... Wife's school let out yesterday for Christmas break.

Mike
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:39 PM

Just came back from a Christmas musical thing at my kids school. They had at least 2 uniformed deputies there, on top of one or two off duty guys there for their kids, im sure they were carrying too. We are in the middle of nowhere. Im glad to see they are on top of security at my school, but im so brokenhearted that im mad that it has come to this.
Posted By: adam m

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:41 PM

My kids school district has increased officers today even without a credible threat

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:44 PM

With all the stupid and deadly challenges tiktok allows they need to be permanently banned in America.
Chinese owns it too
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by corky

Which Trump Was adamantly Against allowing here in the U.S.A.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

WRONG!

The proper thing would be the Principal and selected staff plus parents being fully armed and willing to meet all threats with overwhelming force.

Or you could just let the politzei handle it as they do in most police states.

I have met my kids principal and he is a fine football coach but he couldn't tell a 223 from a 243 there are few teachers there who could be trained up

I also know 90% of the cops in town

given short notice , I would prefer 2 of the cops or a parent be there armed to watch things.

so if the answer was parents yup I could find some and that could definitely work
Posted By: Camohoyt340

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:05 PM

It’s especially bad at my kids school. Last week the kids had what they called a “gangsta night” at the boys basketball game. It wasn’t a great idea. The newly hired girls basketball coach (who the media made sure to say was black) started pitching a fit and got the entire school labeled as “racist”. Therefore there were students from other schools saying that they were going to come to my kids’ school and kill all the “white cockroaches.” My kids aren’t in school today. Here’s an article written in the local paper. After doing some research we found that the author of the article and the girls basketball coach are avid supporters of blm.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story...tumes-cultural-appropriation/6461112001/
Posted By: KeithC

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:05 PM

The goal is to terrify the impressionable minds of students, so that when they are old enough to vote, they allow their Second Amendment Rights to be stolen.

Keith

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The goal is to terrify the impressionable minds of students, so that when they are old enough to vote, they allow their Second Amendment Rights to be stolen.

Keith

yup all incremental , when I was in high school we went from legal to have guns in our trucks one year to it's a felony so we parked across the street
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wptourist
I would think the solution to this is to back track and determine who started the trend and prosecute. I would like to know who is stirring the pot and what they have to gain

They want to cause as much chaos and turmoil in the US and get th us dollar destabilized so their currency can rule the world!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:43 PM

Our little school is playing it safe today and is in lockdown. Can’t believe we are dealing with crap like this. Only have one left in school and he is trained like his older brothers were. Unless someone in his immediate area needs help there is NO sheltering in place. Break a window and leave ASAP no matter what your teacher is telling you.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by corky

Which Trump Was adamantly Against allowing here in the U.S.A.

For good reason too.
Tiktok admits they scan faces and objects in the video to gather info.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:53 PM

the data shows the face book to be detrimental to the health and well being of 13yo

so FB hid the data they collected themselves cause 13yo is the perfect time to get them hooked so they bury the data and forget they run the study.

tick tock Instagram all in the same boat ,

they say the fastest way to make a woman feel better about her body is to quit Instagram.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Keith

There's probably the truth. These people think 5, 10 and 20 years out. You want to change a society (for good or bad) it starts with the kids.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 09:27 PM

They lock the doors here. (pretty stupid if you ask me) We dont have a town cop. No clue how long it would take a deputy to get here and locate a key. If I am here and shooting starts I am driving my pickup through the double doors out front. That ought to bring a shooters attention to me. If my wife is here she will call 911 so hopefully a deputy doesn't shoot me by mistake. I seriously doubt that plan will have to be followed. With all the schools in this country odds are in the kids favor by a bunch. It never hurts to have a plan though.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 09:38 PM

locking the doors and restricting access from the outside is a good idea , all the doors have to open from the inside

cameras are a good idea

anything to slow them down and make their presence known is good

Avoid , Deny ,Defend .
avoid being seen , deny the shooter a target , defend if you have the tools or no other option.

we are sub 2 minutes response on any emergency average , we ran a full scale training at the school during break on how to best handle a school shooting involved agencies from all over the county , neighboring counties and the FBI even sent a guy

worked the fire and rescue response in even the school bus company has a role to play

if an officer just needs to sit and do paper work or make phone calls for a while they often park between the schools and do the paperwork from their squad officers have keys for the locked doors

it never hurts to have a plan

I am not opposed to armed teachers however there are very few teachers who would be good candidates to being armed. if there are any we should get them good training and make them ready as possible.
Posted By: Kong

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 09:46 PM

I am on the local school board. We had 250 kids gone today . Most because of this threat. We normally have only 30 gone. We are a k-12 school of about 990 kids in seat. So close to 1/4 gone today. They will continue to do this now that they see what they have succeeded in doing.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kong
I am on the local school board. We had 250 kids gone today . Most because of this threat. We normally have only 30 gone. We are a k-12 school of about 990 kids in seat. So close to 1/4 gone today. They will continue to do this now that they see what they have succeeded in doing.

like the bomb threat thing , used as a free day off.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 10:36 PM

the data shows the face book to be detrimental to the health and well being of 13yo

so FB hid the data they collected themselves cause 13yo is the perfect time to get them hooked so they bury the data and forget they run the study.

tick tock Instagram all in the same boat ,

they say the fastest way to make a woman feel better about her body is to quit Instagram.

Agreed..... Kids shouldn't be on Facebook or tic tok. They should be playing and being kids. They only get one childhood and they're wasting it.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/17/21 11:20 PM

We have the technology to find the one that started this. They should be made an example of just like the swatters.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 12:51 AM

locking the doors and restricting access from the outside is a good idea , all the doors have to open from the inside

cameras are a good idea

Locked schools are a good idea , not debating that. But the Sandy Hook shooter shot his way into the locked school by shooting out the panels of wire reinforced glass next to the doors. It only slowed him down for less than a minute. Then he encountered unarmed personnel which he dispatched quickly.

Israel does not have school shootings. They have armed personnel. It works. Having armed pilots and armed air marshals plus screening by the TSA works.

Putting police in every school permanently would work. One thing the media does not talk about is after Sandy Hook , the Newtown school district (which includes Sandy Hook) has police officers in all of their schools.

The anti-gun crowd does not want to do things that work , they want more school shootings to advance their cause.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 01:02 AM

whats good about a locked school? dumbest idea liberals have came up with yet. at least 7456 ways for a mad man to get a gun in and now l.e. is locked out.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 01:11 AM

What can you expect from kids who watched for four years shiff, nadler and pelosie , lie on national tv , daily, with no recource? If you were a kid in school and watched the govt try to impeach a President for being a person and letting millions cross the border illegally with no recourse, well, heck lets have us a little fun for free.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 01:12 AM

Maybe these kids are onto something!

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
whats good about a locked school? dumbest idea liberals have came up with yet. at least 7456 ways for a mad man to get a gun in and now l.e. is locked out.

they are not locked out , here they all the cruisers have keys

they can go in any door they want without asking

it is about good planning

it forces all the visitors to come and go via the front door , which is covered by camera and the school secretary has the monitors above her desk , I would come to the school to pick up drop off or attend a meeting , the Secretary saw me coming as I was at the door it would buzz to let me in , even before I pushed the intercom button some times if she was expecting me. the office is not at the front door but it has a constant view from the parking lot to the office door via CCTV.

there was discussion of dispatch access to the school cctv , not sure if that happened but it was part of the discussion.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 01:50 AM

Fact: As our nation shifts, wiggles, points fingers, and name calls >>>> the level of mental health issues and addictions in our youth is climbing so fast that medical personnel can't keep up. Therapists are now turning people away (yep, saying no room at the inn) due to an onslaught of a "pandemic" of mental issues, and no where near enough therapists for clients > especially children.

Girls are called boys.
Boys are called girls.
82 different genders on national reporting forms.
Evil is hailed as good for you.
Good is for old foggies.
Cursing is the new brand of communication.
Acronyms with F in front of them is all the rage.

Great societies rot from within and the deceiver cheers much of what is going on today in our land as he waits patiently by the door.

Many on this forum are remnants of a virtuous way of life that has been declared by idiots as being hateful and bigoted.
Well, idiots can have their soul rotting lifestyle, and me and mine will pass, thank you very much.

School shootings are a symptom of the disease that is rotting our kid's souls.
Suicides are pandemic in our youth... and increasing, increasing, increasing.
Some of these kids just decide to take some with them when they go.

While the idiots play mask charade games.

A shout out to those on this forum who are fighting hard to raise a family according to the "old customs," of;
God fearing (obey)
Being a married husband and wife.
Doing honest work.
Having compassion for others

These life styles are not being taught as having worth to American society, and in fact, with trans-sports competitions and same-sex scenes in almost every TV show, I'd argue they are being shown as being abnormal.

I am >>> proud to be the new abnormal!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar

cameras are a good idea

Locked schools are a good idea , not debating that. But the Sandy Hook shooter shot his way into the locked school by shooting out the panels of wire reinforced glass next to the doors. It only slowed him down for less than a minute. Then he encountered unarmed personnel which he dispatched quickly.

Israel does not have school shootings. They have armed personnel. It works. Having armed pilots and armed air marshals plus screening by the TSA works.

Putting police in every school permanently would work. One thing the media does not talk about is after Sandy Hook , the Newtown school district (which includes Sandy Hook) has police officers in all of their schools.

The anti-gun crowd does not want to do things that work , they want more school shootings to advance their cause.

you are correct he did shoot the glass and make entry that way

there has been discussion of adding the film that is on windshields to the glass that would allow access , unsure if any have done it but it does toughen up the glass to take a lot more abuse.

the main thing with limiting access is that it lets you know that the person is up to no good , the thing is the plan and response have to be good and have to be fast

buying minutes with barriers has to be coupled with an armed response

get to that armed response in any you need .

Israelis has something we don't every one of their teachers did their time in the IDF Israeli defense force maybe 1 in 30 of our educators did time in armed service.

the Israelis also used their seniors might be a little harder here to get grandma and grandpa to take shifts walking the campus armed well at least in the norther states.

you are absolutely correct they don't want any thing effective done a bunch of hand wringing it would almost seem it is more about taking rights from citizens than managing effective security.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:12 AM

Yes I need to give Suzie her bookbag. She forget it this morning, or Johnny ties a cord to a book bag left outside in the bushes under the bathroom window. A little tape to hold the the trot line cord on the window sill. That still only leaves 7454 ways to get a gun inside. Yeah great plan locking the doors. Probably need to make everybody inside go naked to make sneaking weapons in harder.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Yes I need to give Suzie her bookbag. She forget it this morning, or Johnny ties a cord to a book bag left outside in the bushes under the bathroom window. A little tape to hold the the trot line cord on the window sill. That still only leaves 7454 ways to get a gun inside. Yeah great plan locking the doors. Probably need to make everybody inside go naked to make sneaking weapons in harder.

true but most in the past came right in a door anything is possible but it isn't just about the one threat

in any security plan you control your access where you can

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:32 AM

I'll take the book bag and give it to Suzie. Those bushes were removed when the new locks were put on the doors. There are people in security that are not only smarter than a fifth grader but smarter than you and me. On second thought, maybe just me.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:43 AM

How hard is it for a student to open any of the side doors and let some one inor pick up a bag left there. How about put tap or
A magnets across the locking part of the door so it does not lock.

If they want in they will get in. Just the same as the metal detectors did not stop me from having a knife and gun at the state fare this year. Security theator does not stop much. It just to make the sheep feel safe.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:48 AM

Do me a favor and take a picture of yourself with a gun the next time you're on a commercial airliner. I'll reimburse you for the cost of the ticket.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
Do me a favor and take a picture of yourself with a gun the next time you're on a commercial airliner.

I dont fly commercial. Thats for common people. Knifes are the big threat on a plain after all. Do you feel safe disarmed on a plane. Come on if some one wants to do harm they can do it from the ground and outside the safe zone. Guns and knifes are not the most effective tool for the job any way.

Keep your delusion of safety if it makes you fell better. There is always a way to get around it. Just look at the prisons. Yep safe as can be.

Kind of typical when my ideas are shot through of holes try to deflect and move the goal post. The thread it about school security.

The doors get locked. Ya. Im sure all the exits open from the inside. Kind of a law that make sure of that. So ever one along with the windows can be opened wedged or blocked. Add in all those more relaxed times durring practies games and comps. Thing will get in.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 03:20 AM

No delusion of safety. A firearm doesn't make you invisible and if locks don't work I assume they've been removed from all your doors. A lock and a gun are both deterents and neither is a 100 percent guarantee of safety. The use of one does not have to be exclusive of the other.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by white dog
No delusion of safety. A firearm doesn't make you invisible and if locks don't work I assume they've been removed from all your doors. A lock and a gun are both deterents and neither is a 100 percent guarantee of safety. The use of one does not have to be exclusive of the other.

My point was simply that no matter what messures are put in place they can easily be by passed, avoided or other methods to do harm will be used. Heck explosives can be made in the chemistry lab or with house hold cleaners. Vehicals make a mess when crowds gather and are confined. Lots of confiment getting hearded into the security checks. Why would they even wait to get into the building just attack when they are all hearded and stuck at the front door.fish in a barrel.

The answer is not less freedom so those that cant see or dont want to see the world is a big dangerous place can "feel" safe.

If you want to pay for some flight time or plane rental i will take you up on that.

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
How hard is it for a student to open any of the side doors and let some one inor pick up a bag left there. How about put tap or
A magnets across the locking part of the door so it does not lock.

If they want in they will get in. Just the same as the metal detectors did not stop me from having a knife and gun at the state fare this year. Security theator does not stop much. It just to make the sheep feel safe.

letting people in takes a team , very seldom do we see 2 participants yes it has happend.

your point is not lost , you can't have both easy fire egress and a secure from entry environment easily at the same time some doors do set off alarms when opened , it is something.

a locked door is a barrier to entry without , added pre-planning , a partner , even if it is only a 60 second barrier it is 60 second delay , noise , intent.

you can't stop the planners and teams but you can make the solo actor work harder really make everyone work just a litt

remember these are not necessarily middle aged men with decades of life experience and understanding of structures , planning , and tactics. they often aren't even trained shooters.

if they were you would see much larger numbers , when there is a trained shooter , usually trained by uncle same the numbers of dead and wounded change drastically

every second you buy with a delay to entry , every added step they have to take , is time , time for others to egress , time for an armed response to get there. every second shaved off that response by training and planning is crucial seconds saved in getting to an armed response.

no one thing is a singular answer , a lot of planning and training so that should it happen critical time isn't wasted trying to figure it out on the fly

Re: National School Shooting Day - 12/18/21 04:29 AM

Green county. Good points on age knowlage experience and planning abilities of most of the perps. I seem to prefer not to under estemate them. Looking for the gaps helps make them a little smaller and may stop or slow down the some of them. To bad its one of those jard number cant be gathered on. Kind of like how many times being armed saved someone. They dont keep numbers on the times when confrunted with armed resistance and the bad guys run off with no shots fired.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums