Home

Tannery options

Posted By: Mnsnowcat

Tannery options - 12/27/21 01:56 AM

Does anyone know turnaround times for moyles? I know USA fox offers a rapid tan that is rather quick. What about other tannery options? Just hoping to get some info and options. Thanks
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 02:34 AM

Info is on Moyles website to answer your question. Have heard mixed reviews on USA Foxx
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 03:46 AM

Personally I have always had great results from www.sleepycreektannery.com
Posted By: dakidsmn

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Personally I have always had great results from www.sleepycreektannery.com

X2

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 04:46 AM

Thanks for input adc on sleepy creek. I’ll just have to give them a shout to see what their turn around time is?
Posted By: Mike Kelly

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 04:57 AM

If time is of the essence, Moyles does a 40 day or 90 day tan for a extra costs. Cost IMHO right now is reasonable given the current slug of fur headed to tanneries.

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 05:03 AM

Do you have any idea mike what moyles charges for faster tanning service? Just don’t really want to wait 6-8 months or whatever time frame would be, if a guy could get done in possibly a month or two, at not to much of an up charge. Thanks

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 05:07 AM

I just found it on their web page 50% up charge.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 05:08 AM

I use Z&L in New Jersey. They might be a little more expensive to ship to, but they tan at almost half the cost. I’ve always been happy with the work they do. Turn around is usually just about 60 days
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by robert.d12
I use Z&L in New Jersey. They might be a little more expensive to ship to, but they tan at almost half the cost. I’ve always been happy with the work they do. Turn around is usually just about 60 days

Do they have a website??
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mnsnowcat
Thanks for input adc on sleepy creek. I’ll just have to give them a shout to see what their turn around time is?

The last batch I got back took 5 months. Might be more now with the busy season coming up.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Tannery options - 12/27/21 10:45 PM

I have used Sleepy Creek for several years now. They do good work and they have reasonable turnaround time. I prefer a good job over a fast turn around personally.
Posted By: keets

Re: Tannery options - 12/28/21 12:02 AM

talked to sleepy creek last week....4 month turn around

Re: Tannery options - 12/28/21 12:56 AM

4 months is not bad for a turn around.
Posted By: Oley

Re: Tannery options - 01/09/22 03:43 PM

I contacted Z&L in New Jersey via email and asked him three times what his turn around times were and he wouldn't answer. When I mentioned that I would take my business elsewhere because he couldn't give me an answer to a simple quest he replied, "you might as well." Moyles it is then!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Tannery options - 01/09/22 03:59 PM

I just called Sleepy Creek last Friday. I dropped off my order July 21 on the way to the NTA convention. The lady told me it will be done later this month.
Posted By: Dirty trapper 73

Re: Tannery options - 01/09/22 04:04 PM

Moyles
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Tannery options - 01/09/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by keets
talked to sleepy creek last week....4 month turn around

Thats what they told me on 45 beaver but they actually beat it by a week or so. Great job I thought and as fast or faster than the others.
Posted By: SE.Current

Re: Tannery options - 01/09/22 06:10 PM

I sent 20 wolves and 35 otter to sleepy creek last year and they did a great job in under 6 months.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums