Home

Posted By: bowhunter27295

. - 12/27/21 04:01 PM

Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 04:11 PM

Science hasn't even been science for the last two decades at least, it looks more like religion than science these days.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 04:21 PM

Its been longer than that.

Eisenhower warned us about it but was lost when the attention was on the military industrial complex warning.

Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocation, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet in holding scientific discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite.[
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 05:59 PM

If you don't go along with the green crowd, you don't get tenure or the grant/research money. That pretty much shuts everyone up. I went to Penn State and they have a prof in the geoscience department who fudged data on global warming and he is still there! When they call for money, my reply is when they fired that prof, I will donate again. Till then pound salt!
Posted By: charles

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 06:25 PM

Religion in health and science is not good either. Not good ina courtroom either.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Religion in health and science is not good either. Not good ina courtroom either.

DNA wasn't brought to us by chance, it's intelligent design. Carry on.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 07:12 PM

Shhh if you listen quietly we can probably hear liberal minds exploding
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Shhh if you listen quietly we can probably hear liberal minds exploding

One of these days we are going to see it up close.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 09:57 PM

The days of gov't backing science without putting their spin on it are over.

Its a sad reality but the lines have been drawn when we the people tried to put someone in that wasn't one of "Them".
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 10:24 PM

I have not noticed either political camp especially beholden to science. Mostly when it suits their purposes.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Politicizing science - 12/27/21 10:25 PM

Other way around beaverpeeler.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 01:28 AM

I consider myself as a scientist. These days I feel like I am by myself, stranded on a deserted island. Any discussion which requires the application of scientific analysis quickly turns into the other party attempting to turn it into a shouting match.
When this happens, I simply stop and move on. No need for me to continue since once someone feels the need to raise ones voice, they have lost the debate.
The problem is, while I may believe that I came out on top, the idiot probably believes that he successfully shouted down another racist, homophobic, sexist, climate denying Trump supporter.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
I consider myself as a scientist. These days I feel like I am by myself, stranded on a deserted island. Any discussion which requires the application of scientific analysis quickly turns into the other party attempting to turn it into a shouting match.
When this happens, I simply stop and move on. No need for me to continue since once someone feels the need to raise ones voice, they have lost the debate.
The problem is, while I may believe that I came out on top, the idiot probably believes that he successfully shouted down another racist, homophobic, sexist, climate denying Trump supporter.

Its ok to let them be wrong. It will help you keep your blood presure in check. If you are going to debat some one make sure thry have the ability. Otherwise its a wast of time
Posted By: danvee

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 02:48 AM

Watch "Look up" on Netflix captures it perfect!
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 10:08 AM

Denying man’s impact on the climate is not the same as denying climate change. The climate has been changing since the beginning of time. What’s insane, is thinking we can do something to stop it. lol
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 10:51 AM

https://www.investors.com/politics/...admits-real-motive-behind-warming-scare/
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Politicizing science - 12/28/21 12:02 PM

Science has lied about so much I wouldn't know where to start
How about starting with a true timeline of world history
And not the crap in the history books.
Science is a political party, the side that pays the most gets the science
© 2024 Trapperman Forums