Home

My struggle with really cold mornings

Posted By: Yes sir

My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 04:15 PM

Is the hot coffee tastes too good therefore I drink more than normal. Which in turn causes me to have to "water the ducks" about 6 times while I'm out feeding with about six layers of clothes on.....that's what I hate the most about the cold
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 04:21 PM

Yes sir...I know what yer sayin'. It was down to 66 here this morning.....83 this afternoon.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 04:28 PM

They have pamper pull ups that can help with the pit stops. smile Cut back on the liquid intake which I always limit when working or driving on the road. Only partake as absolutely needed. Had a buddy that would travel with me that just had to have coffee all the time. Made me stop way more then I would if traveling alone. Told him the coffee had to go on long road trips or he had to pee in a cup.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 04:28 PM

27 below here this morning. It can be frustrating trying to clear three inches of underwear when it is that cold.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 04:31 PM

I didn’t have enough clothes on here. I just got done breaking 10 drinkers for the cattle. Pretty sure my plumbing is froze!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:05 PM

Same for me Brad. My “livestock” isn’t as plentiful as yours, but the twenty minutes it took to do my chores was enough for me! Three above now with about a thirty five mph wind outta the NE. Hard on my old bones, but I made sure I emptied out before I walked out the door.

How cold are you and Seth?
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:15 PM

I struggle with cold morning to many layers.We have 30 with light snow wind 25 out of the north.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by MnMan
27 below here this morning. It can be frustrating trying to clear three inches of underwear when it is that cold.

Bingo! Just cause you get things opened up doesn't mean it's easy to coax your Johnny out of hibernation laugh

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:20 PM

6 degrees here with -15 wind chill. Temp has been falling all day hetr6

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
They have pamper pull ups that can help with the pit stops. smile Cut back on the liquid intake which I always limit when working or driving on the road. Only partake as absolutely needed. Had a buddy that would travel with me that just had to have coffee all the time. Made me stop way more then I would if traveling alone. Told him the coffee had to go on long road trips or he had to pee in a cup.

After the warning light went off for the third time this morning diapers were looking like a good idea.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:26 PM

Seth, I’m getting ready to bed 1500 in some wheat straw. This Cat loader is the place to e on days like this.

Attached picture 249B737E-B826-4214-97B9-FE57C55C32E5.jpeg

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:32 PM

Brad my thoughts are with u! I got my 300 fed . They are bedded in waist high bluestem and I'm in the house cooking stroganoff. When we aren't calving cold weather isn't too much more woek for us cow guys.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:34 PM

Bigger operations than I have land for
12 head of beef here.Just enough for Spring calves to break even
Posted By: kabguy

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:43 PM

-31 here this morning; the house was doing it's cracking and contracting early so I knew it was cold before climbing out of bed!!!!

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by kabguy
-31 here this morning; the house was doing it's cracking and contracting early so I knew it was cold before climbing out of bed!!!!

Never experienced that kind of cold before but would like to if I didn't have livestock to take care of
Posted By: Marty

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 05:53 PM

little chilly here also..stay warm fellas.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 06:23 PM

Gotta be carefull if ya hang it out too far ya gotta worry about frostbite!! eek grin
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 06:27 PM

Catheter
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 06:28 PM

And we are supposed to hit 80 today…
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 06:58 PM

My pickup said 2 F. Wind was 20-30 mph no breaks. I went to the south side of a barn twice today to skin. Got a square tube thing in my receiver hitch to skin off of. Wasnt bad out of the wind. Got some stuff needs set but I figure Monday is soon enough.

[Linked Image]
(Didnt want to put my boots back on for a better picture of what I skin with a lot)
Posted By: Michigander

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 07:02 PM

Send the cold east! Sick of this mud and rain garbage. My pigs have one heck of a mess going on. A couple weeks of cold would firm things up nicely.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 07:03 PM

Grandson had to go sort earlier. Calves had managed to knock a gate down in the pens and got all mixed together. He looked a little frosty when he got back
Posted By: rvsask

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 07:15 PM

-43 F here this morning. Too cold to fire up the snowmobile and lay down a fisher line. It’s been -30 F or cooler for over a week. frown
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 07:45 PM

Thank you all I was starting to miss Kansas but after reading this I probably wont miss it until April or May now
Posted By: jarrett

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 08:47 PM

[Linked Image]
The bottomless pits were a little chilled this morning. Glad I don't have any more momma cows than I do. There turn out cows that are supposed to calf starting in Feb.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 09:00 PM

Today wasn't too bad. Tomorrow will be rougher chopping ice....
Posted By: jarrett

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 09:06 PM

That yellow extension cord leads to my ice chopper the heater in the water tank. it was 2 degrees this morning.
Posted By: TC1

Re: My struggle with really cold mornings - 01/01/22 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Is the hot coffee tastes too good therefore I drink more than normal. Which in turn causes me to have to "water the ducks" about 6 times while I'm out feeding with about six layers of clothes on.....that's what I hate the most about the cold

Around here, people that struggle with watering the duck are said to be suffering from “Arctic frustration”. Which is an inch of hose and three inches of clothes! Lol laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums