Home

Catahoulas

Posted By: jv220

Catahoulas - 01/02/22 12:37 AM

Just curious who all has a catahoula on here and for what reason? We have them to protect and guard our property. And tracking game. Very loyal dog.
Posted By: ttzt

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:05 AM

I had several, for the same reasons you listed, plus at that time it was hard not to have one, they were fairly common, I was living in Catahoula Parish Louisiana at the time. Took one to Alaska and helped others get them up there to work cattle. Great dogs!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:08 AM

Never seen them
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:09 AM

I have a blue lacy catahoula cross. Best trapline dog I've ever had. Nothing gets in our yard either !
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:09 AM

[Linked Image]

Here’s my Katahoulas….
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:11 AM

Here's mine crashed on my german sheppard...She's a guard dog, and a great all around family member.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:16 AM

Neighbors found one as a stray. Best dog they ever had.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:21 AM

Here's a ultra rare walrus toothed catahoula wink....Or maybe she just likes deer antlers, Lol.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:30 AM

[Linked Image]
This is my half Catahoula half black mouth. He's my ride or die buddy and goes everywhere I go except deer hunting and welding. Trees squirrel, coon, and bobcat, tracks wounded deer and loves the trapline. Smartest dog I've ever owned and protective to a fault.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Davisfur
[Linked Image]
This is my half Catahoula half black mouth. He's my ride or die buddy and goes everywhere I go except deer hunting and welding. Trees squirrel, coon, and bobcat, tracks wounded deer and loves the trapline. Smartest dog I've ever owned and protective to a fault.

Thats a real good looking dog.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 01:51 AM

Awesome Looking Dogs
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 03:09 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This here is Clyde, he’s my best friend. He’ll most likely be my last dog I ever own. He’s one of a kind and I could never replace him
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 04:04 AM

Dad had one when I was a kid. One of the smartest dogs I have ever been around.

I think he weighed around 50#, had parvo when he was a puppy and think that stunted his growth
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 04:30 AM

Had one for awhile. Awesome dog in every respect except one. She chased horses to exhaustion. If I was around not an issue. She’d run them in circles til they collapsed. The horses were in shape though.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Catahoulas - 01/02/22 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Originally Posted by Davisfur
[Linked Image]

Thats a real good looking dog.

Thanks Matt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums