Home

Roadside find & it works perfectly

Posted By: Chuckles84

Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 12:43 AM

[Linked Image]

Went to my parents house last weekend, they live on long gravel drive shared by 2 other houses. When I pulled on the drive I saw the stand and a metal roll cart and grabbed them to throw on a coworkers scrap pile. Well a couple hours later my brother calls me and asks me if I need a table saw because he just picked one up at the end of the driveway, and said he plugged it in and the motor runs but it didnt have a balde so he couldn't say if it had the umph to cut wood.

Well a trip to get a cheap 10in blade and a scrap piece of 1/2 plywood and it cut it like a hot knife through butter. Guess my parents neighbor got a new saw for christmas and so did I but I like the price of mine better.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 12:51 AM

Nice find there.

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by k snow
Nice find there.

My wife and kids give me a look and think I am nuts, because I cant drive by a pile of stuff on the curb without at least driving up to it and looking from the window or most of the time a physical inspection. Well I do it because sometimes you find a discarded jewel.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 01:03 AM

Heck! Thats better na tarp strap with both hooks.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 01:42 AM

One mans trash is another mand treasure-good score.
Every time I take a truckload of junk to the dump,I never come back empty.
Lots of people throw away perfectly good stuff just to get rid of clutter.
Posted By: DavidInMT

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 03:22 AM

Last year, someone set a brand new circular saw by a dumpster. Picked it up, plugged it in and it worked perfectly... they just had the blade facing in the wrong direction. crazy
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/03/22 04:46 PM

Some where i have the Dado blade and molding heads with cutters and blade guards for that saw.
Gave my saw to my Brother few years back to help him out.

It remodeled 2 homes for me ,
Hvy but it was a work horse.
Posted By: run

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 01:51 AM

Nice work.
Posted By: Kired

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 03:44 AM

Boss was going to toss a skil saw table saw when the motor stopped working, he went and got a new one and I took the old one and replaced the brushes in the motor and it works just fine. Cost me 15 bucks to get the parts and less than an hour to take apart and reassemble.
Posted By: run

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kired
Boss was going to toss a skil saw table saw when the motor stopped working, he went and got a new one and I took the old one and replaced the brushes in the motor and it works just fine. Cost me 15 bucks to get the parts and less than an hour to take apart and reassemble.

Great job, kired.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
Guess my parents neighbor got a new saw for christmas and so did I but I like the price of mine better.

Or maybe his wife didn't get the chocolate diamond she was expecting

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
Originally Posted by Chuckles84
Guess my parents neighbor got a new saw for christmas and so did I but I like the price of mine better.

Or maybe his wife didn't get the chocolate diamond she was expecting

Possibly, hopefully if that was the case she gets disappointed again. Cause I could use a drill press. LOL
Posted By: Mac

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 05:41 PM

Nice
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Roadside find & it works perfectly - 01/04/22 06:12 PM

Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums