Home

Atheists

Posted By: yukon254

Atheists - 01/04/22 10:47 PM

You might want to have a look at this article.

https://ericmetaxas.com/media/articles/science-increasingly-makes-case-god/
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Atheists - 01/04/22 11:06 PM

Mr. Metaxas is the author, most recently, of “Miracles: What They Are, Why They Happen, and How They Can Change Your Life” ( DuttonAdult, 2014).

But he does have a hard time keeping his numbers and facts straight it seems.

But whatever got of the many that there seem to be, I am sure you believe in the right one.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Atheists - 01/04/22 11:24 PM

Interesting
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Atheists - 01/04/22 11:36 PM

I’ll give him credit, he knows how to pad his pockets, speak to a group that wants to hear it. Kind of like Joe Rogan (not saying I disagree with everything he says), I suppose. Savvy businessmen.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Atheists - 01/04/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
I’ll give him credit, he knows how to pad his pockets, speak to a group that wants to hear it. Kind of like Joe Rogan (not saying I disagree with everything he says), I suppose. Savvy businessmen.

Wall Street Journal is a "group that wants to hear it"?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 12:31 AM

I always remember the words of the Apostle Paul, written to the believers at the church in Corinth.

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God,
God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom but we preach Christ crucified,
to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,
but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 Co 1:21–24

It paints a perfect picture of how the world has remained through the millennia and how God's call regenerates.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Choo

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 02:17 AM

How anyone who has studied biological science and still comes to the conconclussion of we simply evolved is choosing to turn their head from the truth. Spend some time in a physiology class even more so a reproductive physiology or genetics class and the shear perfection of what takes place so that we come into existence is nothing short of a work of art.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 01:53 PM

Choo with one of these did your guy put together ??

[Linked Image]

For me the more interesting question is.

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??
Posted By: AirportTrapper

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

[Linked Image]

Due to or rapidly changing environment and with that changes in medicine etc. Is evolution speeding up ??

Looking at the picture time line. Why are there still hominid apes running around but none of the others?

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 03:37 PM

Im not sure how much money the author of this article has made, but I saw a media ratings chart the other day and Joe Rogan is dominating the ratings. His closest rival is Tucker with about 3.5 million viewers. Rogan has just over 11 million!

Joe is popular not because of what he says, but because of the questions he asks. He has the reputation as being one of the best interviewers of our time, and after watching a few of his interviews I tend to agree. He has a very good understanding of what average people want to know. His recent interview with Dr Malone, is a great example.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 04:16 PM

We have remarkably little knowledge of mankind and his time on the planet, just a few short years in the scheme of things. Cro-Magnon 'man' supposedly existed just 10,000 years ago...not even a speck of dust in time to go from that forehead to man unraveling the genetic code...some three billion characters in length...and the most sophisticated code ever written.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 04:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Nothing is evolving faster than that chart. They keep changing it, dropping some off, adding some. Changing the dates. Laughable.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

[Linked Image]

Nothing is evolving faster than that chart. They keep changing it, dropping some off, adding some. Changing the dates. Laughable.

Exactly

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Lol, ain't that the truth. Watch any ten 'science' shows claiming to date the earth or man and you'll get ten wildly divergent answers. They're that desperate.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 05:50 PM

talk about laughable. According to the bible, this whole lot was created around 4000 years ago and of course there is zero evidence that anything in the universe is older than that. So who is getting the numbers wrong ??

I'll leave it at that as I have no intention to get drawn into a pointless argument like before . Just ain't worth it .... To quote a great philosopher of of the 20th century. " Sir this parrot is dead "

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 06:25 PM

talk about laughable. According to the bible, this whole lot was created around 4000 years ago and of course there is zero evidence that anything in the universe is older than that. So who is getting the numbers wrong ??

I'll leave it at that as I have no intention to get drawn into a pointless argument like before . Just ain't worth it .... To quote a great philosopher of of the 20th century. " Sir this parrot is dead "

The bible doesn't put a number of years on it, and what it says about the origin of man is a LOT more believable than what's been tossed around these last 50-60 years or so. You have to put your faith in something. It's hard to believe people are putting their faith in these millions of years and phony charts. Scuba you are making it way too simple, which is a sign you don't really want to look at facts.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 06:39 PM

People aren’t putting their “faith” in millions of years and charts. Faith is belief in something you hope for. People are just exposed to more know therefore some of them are not putting “their faith” in anything.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 07:19 PM

People aren’t putting their “faith” in millions of years and charts. Faith is belief in something you hope for. People are just exposed to more know therefore some of them are not putting “their faith” in anything.

See that's the mistake many make. Science doesn't deal in facts nor do scientists claim to have facts. So yes, there's always belief involved. The various theories are constantly changing, because they are just that, theories.
And that chart is not what scientists believe happened. It's a much more fragmented tree of life and there's room for lots of speculation.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 08:11 PM

Jeepers folks. I just copied that drawing of the inter web without bothering to look at the numbers on it as that was not the point I was trying to make. Just got back from fixing a boat and I think I heard a sonic boom and can only presume that it was made by said point going over some folks head wink
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 08:12 PM

On the backs of bigger fleas are little fleas that bite them,
and on the backs of little fleas are lesser fleas ad infinitem
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 09:05 PM

I sure believe something created the world we live in and it wasn't formed by a big boom. But, as soon as mankind got involved and started writing stuff things got out of hand quickly......same as the stuff we hear from the media today. Walking on water would be a magic thing and I don't believe in magic. Turning water into wine is possible with a little sugar and yeast however.
Posted By: Archeryguy

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 09:14 PM

No doubt in my mind about God. I believe in and love God and thank him everyday for his gifts. I also believe in Evolution. When the Bible was written, people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. I can love God and believe in the science of evolution at the same time. I see no contradiction. People are dying everyday in this country due to complications of Covid. The majority of those people didn’t believe in science either.

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Archeryguy
No doubt in my mind about God. I believe in and love God and thank him everyday for his gifts. I also believe in Evolution. When the Bible was written, people thought the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. I can love God and believe in the science of evolution at the same time. I see no contradiction. People are dying everyday in this country due to complications of Covid. The majority of those people didn’t believe in science either.

Now thats ^ a 'loaded' post if I've ever seen one. According to the life insurance companies the death rate among those aged 18-64 is off the charts, and its not deaths from covid. Heart attacks and strokes maybe ?? Maybe those people didn't believe in science either ??

Re: Atheists - 01/05/22 09:50 PM

One fortunate thing about Covid.........death by any other means went away! wala.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

One fortunate thing about Covid.........death by any other means went away! wala.

LOL,,aint that the truth.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:13 AM

Whatever your belief we all came from "nothing". Evolution by chance or by some god or alien beings. What or who made god?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 01:22 AM

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sorry-science-doesnt-make_b_6392000
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 01:39 AM

1 Corinthians 3:19

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 02:18 AM

I always enjoy reading a Charles Spurgeon sermon and this excerpt from sermon #3215 is pretty straight forward as to why believers place faith in the God of the Bible.
It's the Spirit who regenerates hard hearts, not logic.

Gather My godly ones to Me, those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.” (Psalms 50:5)

"My first question will be, Who are to be gathered? I think we must understand the text as relating to all the chosen people of God, including those who, as yet, have not been called and quickened, and have not, in the strict sense of the term, by faith made a personal covenant with God. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the divinely appointed Representative of all the elect, whatever He did, He did as their covenant Head, their Sponsor, Surety, and Substitute. When He made a covenant with God on behalf of His people, they virtually made that covenant too." - Charles Spurgeon

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mark June
I always enjoy reading a Charles Spurgeon sermon and this excerpt from sermon #3215 is pretty straight forward as to why believers place faith in the God of the Bible.

Gather My godly ones to Me, those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.” (Psalms 50:5)

"My first question will be, Who are to be gathered? I think we must understand the text as relating to all the chosen people of God, including those who, as yet, have not been called and quickened, and have not, in the strict sense of the term, by faith made a personal covenant with God. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the divinely appointed Representative of all the elect, whatever He did, He did as their covenant Head, their Sponsor, Surety, and Substitute. When He made a covenant with God on behalf of His people, they virtually made that covenant too." - Charles Spurgeon

Blessings,
Mark

The most important word in that quote in my opinion is 'chosen.' Its impossible for fallen man to have faith unless he is first called.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by yukon254

Blessings,
Mark

The most important word in that quote in my opinion is 'chosen.' Its impossible for fallen man to have faith unless he is first called.

Amen. Sovereign grace.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 10:56 AM

I see. Its only the unworthy that don't believe. If your special you will be called. Are the unworthy created to show the special just how special they are?
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:15 AM

Nope Danny...HE died for all. You choose to accept HIM to be called the chosen...

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:23 AM

Blessings,
Mark

He is not willing that any should perish. All are called. John 3:16.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:25 AM

you folks remind me of a dog chasing its tail

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:30 AM

"I shall call you woman. Your desire will be for your husband and he shall rule over thee. " Genesis 3:16
There's a fight starter at the neighborhood card party.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:34 AM

I'm going to leave this thread with just one more comment for people who have sold out to Neo-Darwinism and Macroevolution.

There is tons of evidence that the Earth as we know it is not millions of years old, but it is overlooked every day. The peoples of the earth in relation to tectonic movement, a major flood event, the ozone layer, the ice age and mammoths frozen in the arctic with tropical plants in their mouths, the evidence of humans and dinosaurs in the same strata, and much much more. Life suddenly springing from non-life? Come on man.

Fake scientists want me to believe that fossils of dinosaur tracks that are millions of years old suddenly turned back to mud just long enough for a person to walk through the dinosaur tracks and leave footprints in the mud inside the dinosaur tracks, then it suddenly turned back into a fossil. These fossils occur on several continents. That issue alone should make you question what you have been taught.

There is little evidence of true science today, it is all agenda based. Question everything.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:50 AM

i wonder about those footprints. dragon tales came from somewhere

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
I see. Its only the unworthy that don't believe. If your special you will be called. Are the unworthy created to show the special just how special they are?

No sir. Simply put, the natural man hates God because my flesh prefers to sin when I want, how I want, why I want and absolutely hates anyone or anything trying to stop me.
Atheists have shallow answers or mostly no answer to the evil in the world,
yet they scoff at the answers given us in the Bible.

Romans 8:6-8 is quite clear and the Apostle Paul words are really helpful to see the full picture at hand;

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God;
for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

The mystery in the calling is not much debated. Sin hates God. God hates sin. Only God can initiate a regeneration of this situation. No human naturally wants to. Seeking lusts, greed, and illicit pleasures are simply too deeply ingrained in the human makeup.

Simply stated; The mystery of God's love for all of us is truly in God crafting our capacity and allowing people the ability to make their own decisions in this life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:53 AM

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:59 AM

danny, Where's the Youtube video on why some atheists can't walk on by and pay no attention to the discussion of Christianity without chucking a rock? shocked wink smile

Look under the heading;

Falsehood knows where Truth resides. whistle

Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:02 PM

Science is not agenda based Bernie, religion is. The irony of your statement is immense. Tell me how the agenda of science is more than that of religion. Religion is about power, control, and money. It’s not just your religion either so it’s not under my attack. Question everything, you say, while not questioning anything you’ve been taught. You do know those mormons you think are like organized crime could be looking at your denomination as the very same right??

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:17 PM

Cmon Mark. The title of the post is Atheist. I did NOT use the word chosen then try to crawdad my way out of it. I didnt post untill you folks started bragging about being "chosen".

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:17 PM

Science is not agenda based Bernie, religion is. The irony of your statement is immense. Tell me how the agenda of science is more than that of religion. Religion is about power, control, and money. It’s not just your religion either so it’s not under my attack. Question everything, you say, while not questioning anything you’ve been taught. You do know those mormons you think are like organized crime could be looking at your denomination as the very same right??

I have no interest in religion. I am loyal only to truth. And what passes for science today when it comes to origin of the earth is basically religion. You are correct that science is not agenda based, but just try to find science these days! Seriously, just try to find some science that isn't tainted. History of the Earth and science? HA! COVID and science. HA!

Become loyal to truth, put your personal agenda aside, and see how it changes the way you see everything.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:18 PM

P.S. I know you dont like me pointing out the holes in your religion but I dont like being told I have no morals or reason to be moral.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:27 PM

So I have a personal agenda if I question everything stated by religion? Much of it is some of the most ridiculous stuff I’ve ever encountered. That’s funny. So too is stating that origin of the earth science is basically a religion.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:30 PM

danny, Where's the Youtube video on why some atheists can't walk on by and pay no attention to the discussion of Christianity without chucking a rock? shocked wink smile

Look under the heading;

Falsehood knows where Truth resides. whistle

Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Mark

Where's the video of the missionaries forcing their religion on the island dwellers and getting killed when they set foot on shore?

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:41 PM

Gary, we could play this game all day. Christianity was used to justify the deaths of an awful lot of people. I’ll give it this though, it has “evolved” enough to not be stuck in all of it’s archaic beliefs.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Donnie H
Nope Danny...HE died for all. You choose to accept HIM to be called the chosen...

Eph. 2:8 - 9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 12:53 PM

Cmon Mark. The title of the post is Atheist. I did NOT use the word chosen then try to crawdad my way out of it. I didnt post untill you folks started bragging about being "chosen".

I don't see the context of bragging. That's your worldview.

It's the orthodox Christian answer to how we could possibly be transformed from one way of thinking to another... both of which are polar opposites.
So it's the explanation for believers and should NEVER be used as nah-nah-nah-na-na (the way the flesh views all things).

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 01:00 PM

P.S. I know you dont like me pointing out the holes in your religion but I dont like being told I have no morals or reason to be moral.

Common grace is given by God to all people. Good thing too, or we'd have a hard time breathing in and out, or killing each other off over trivial stuff grin
There are many good people who claim faith in all sorts of things.
Everyone has faith.
In something.

Noted philosophers claim that the religion of science is the mark of the 20th and 21st century.
"Religion" has been redefined just as so many other words have been in the last 100 years.
Remember when coke was just coke? Sing it Tim McGraw.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Donnie H

Eph. 2:8 - 9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation is a gift. We still have to accept that gift. What kind of gift is forced on some and denied to others?

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 01:08 PM

Gary, we could play this game all day. Christianity was used to justify the deaths of an awful lot of people. I’ll give it this though, it has “evolved” enough to not be stuck in all of it’s archaic beliefs.

Yes, the word Christian has been used in many ways, by many people, and we read about it all centuries later, just as they will read about our times 500 years from now.
The Truth of God's Word never varies. People.... well, we try but are imperfect even when redeemed, so who is it that expects perfection from any person on earth?
Salvation in Jesus' name is just that. The father of all lies is the only one whispering that "those people should be perfect now, right?"
We're not.
Never will be this side of Glory.

Oh, and there's been more than a couple people in human history that used any situation at hand to garner power. Don't blame the faith, but instead blame the motive of the person.
COVID for example. Will history document perfectly the years 2020-2022? Could we now? Future generations will judge us yet never lived when we lived.
See how history works yet,
The Truth of God's Word never varies.
Humans sure do.

Blessings rvsask!
Mark
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 03:26 PM

I have read this whole thread. One thing comes to my mind.

Civilization as we knew it a couple years ago is not the same. So many have died and quickly from a plague!

As I ponder this thread I realize that there will be a day where the truth will be known to each of us INDIVIDUALLY!

I believe that GOD’S word was and is inspired by GOD! I believe in the TRINITY, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are ONE! I rest in the assurances of GOD’S word. I have accepted JESUS CHRIST as my savior for my sins!

You are welcome to believe whatever you choose just consider there will be a day that your faith truly becomes personal!

With all the time contributors to this thread have on your hands I challenge you to read GOD’S word and reconcile your personal relationship with GOD!
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 03:43 PM

The smartest man that I have ever known told me many moons ago, “never argue about religion or politics because you’re never going to change their mind”.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by claycreech
The smartest man that I have ever known told me many moons ago, “never argue about religion or politics because you’re never going to change their mind”.

Add covid to the list Clay. Your guy was spot on.

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 03:50 PM

He also told me “never brag on your dogs or your kids because they’ll both make a liar out of you” lol.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 03:52 PM

He also told me “never brag on your dogs or your kids because they’ll both make a liar out of you” lol.

Was it my dad you were talking to? lol

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
He also told me “never brag on your dogs or your kids because they’ll both

make a liar out of you” lol.

Was it my dad you were talking to? lol

Lol No mine!!

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap

Civilization as we knew it a couple years ago is not the same. So many have died and quickly from a plague!

As I ponder this thread I realize that there will be a day where the truth will be known to each of us INDIVIDUALLY!

I believe that GOD’S word was and is inspired by GOD! I believe in the TRINITY, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are ONE! I rest in the assurances of GOD’S word. I have accepted JESUS CHRIST as my savior for my sins!

You are welcome to believe whatever you choose just consider there will be a day that your faith truly becomes personal!

With all the time contributors to this thread have on your hands I challenge you to read GOD’S word and reconcile your personal relationship with GOD!

Why would you assume that non believers haven’t?
Often it is analytical thinking in regards to the bible that leads many people to not believe. I think I was about 12 when I decided genesis sounded much like every other creation myth I’d read or heard.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:46 PM

[/quote]
Often it is analytical thinking in regards to the bible that leads many people to not believe. I think I was about 12 when I decided genesis sounded much like every other creation myth I’d read or heard.
[/quote]

You have made your choice and I have made mine. Thank you for your opinion!
Posted By: .204

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap

Yeah, that seems legit! LOL

Re: Atheists - 01/06/22 11:25 PM

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums