Home

Bad news News last night.

Posted By: Law Dog

Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:43 PM

It seems the Blue State folks are also flocking to SD now to escape the liberal BS they created in their original states. So desperate they can’t rent a U haul in Cali so they come here rent a truck and drive out empty to haul their junk to SD. NY and Cali states were mentioned during the report we need more red state folks to balance that out. LOL
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:47 PM

California folks make up the highest percentage of new residents here too....unless you count illegals.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:48 PM

Why don't they just stay and fix the problems they voted in?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:48 PM

Thing is, all those people leaving to get away from all the ridiculousness, start it all over again where they end up.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Thing is, all those people leaving to get away from all the ridiculousness, start it all over again where they end up.

Yep. They are going to try and flip the red states.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:52 PM

So many conservatives sick of New York politics moving away,,,I think U-HAUL made Governor Cuomo salesman of the year. smile
Posted By: DWC

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 04:54 PM

I know some of you worship the ground she walks on, but Kristi Noem is doing the exact opposite of John Dutton as he announced running for gov on Yellowstone. He wanted things to stay the same and doesnt want outsiders. She has been inviting all these blue staters here for a year and a half now. Every chance she gets. She doesnt want things to stay the same. She wants “progress”. And now progress is coming. Theres a very real chance Sewer Falls could elect a Liberal Muslim immigration lawyer as the next mayor. Dont think for a second this isnt gonna spill out into the rural areas.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:29 PM

Maybe the people moving away are not the one's that caused the problem, they might be the good guys moving away from a bad situation.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Maybe the people moving away are not the one's that caused the problem, they might be the good guys moving away from a bad situation.

In some cases , yes . But most " no comprende " that they created the mess they are leaving , and therefore don't change their ways wherever they land
Posted By: k snow

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:34 PM

I would hope that. But i have family that left IL because of the lib politics and they still vote lib.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:48 PM

They are like cockroaches. One day none the next day infested. Only its illegal to
Poison liberal cockroaches
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:52 PM

Florida and Texas have been gaining Republicans voters. Have you seen numbers on who’s moving in? I’d be curious what the breakdown is on the amount of Leftist moving in!

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 05:55 PM

Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Washington, Oregon say that may not be the case they bring the liberal baggage with them it’s like a cancer.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by DWC
I know some of you worship the ground she walks on, but Kristi Noem is doing the exact opposite of John Dutton as he announced running for gov on Yellowstone. He wanted things to stay the same and doesnt want outsiders. She has been inviting all these blue staters here for a year and a half now.

I've listened to the governor from Texas do the same thing.Talks about Texas values and then invite everybody and their brothers businesses to relocate to Texas.You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:03 PM

Oregon got Californicated 50 years ago.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:10 PM

It happening all over the West and maybe to other places but more noticeable in the West it seems. We have people moving here and immigration activist charities bring in immigrants by the thousands so it’s hard to blame it all on one person.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:15 PM

Enjoy the ride. They showed 1984 on TV last night. Maybe throwing it in our face to show us what's coming?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:20 PM

Been dealing with libtards fleeing Massachusetts for years..Now our state is full of mass.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:25 PM

This is true for a lot of folks.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:29 PM

People who may be in the middle in CA are going to be a ways to the left in SD. It doesnt seem that there are many middle of the road people anymore. Its a pick your side kind of country now. What amazes me from talking to people or seeing them get interviewed on the news is just how much of a pansy (wanted to use a stronger word) your average person is now. Weak minded, weak bodied just overall weak. I can only imagine these types all vote left.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 06:40 PM

Are you sure that they are not like minded people wanting to move to a better state and support hunting trapping and such.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 07:56 PM

From the ones I’ve encountered, they are no friends of conservatism. Is that clear enough for ya D? There are so many rainbow flags in sewer falls now, you’d think it was the My Little Pony capital of the world.... Hopefully we can give them a swift kick in the rear and head em on down the road.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Are you sure that they are not like minded people wanting to move to a better state and support hunting trapping and such.

Look at the states that have made the change because of the influx of people fleeing the liberal holes they came from you just need to look at the changes in the west over the last decade.

My honest guess is your not from WY originally. Just a guess based on your views often.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:13 PM

I hope your wrong but I could see it being like it is here in mn. 95% of the state is red. It’s just those crap hole cities that got the numbers to outvote the rest of us.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Look at the states that have made the change because of the influx of people fleeing the liberal holes they came from you just need to look at the changes in the west over the last decade.

My honest guess is your not from WY originally. Just a guess based on your views often.

Are you saying he IS what he's saying they're NOT? lol

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:22 PM

Good observation Jerry, often wondered the same. Most people that grew up free, won’t give it up freely.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:22 PM

Will you guys take Sioux Falls over there in MN? Swap you our 200,000 for 20,000 of sw MN people. Rapid City and the black hills are getting overran. You are absolutely right tho. Our 2 biggest cities mixed in with Brookings and Vermillion (our two university towns) will turn this state blue.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 08:23 PM

Left field is left field no matter who’s playing in it!
Posted By: T-REV

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/06/22 10:25 PM

Surprising number of California people moving here to Georgia too. Naturally us conservatives hate it. Wish we could transplant the whole city of Atlanta out of this state. That would solve a bunch of problems here.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 02:52 AM

Whaaat
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:31 AM

Iam a refugee from NY, pretty naive to think the west would be safe from the Govt. I hoped that people would mind their own business and leave me alone. These people are right out of Animal Farm, "all animals are equal, some are more equal".
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:47 AM

Truth
Posted By: Marty

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 04:39 AM

none of this ends well..... smile
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 06:29 AM

Most here are missing what's really going on. Do you really think the people who are up and moving to one of the most conservative states in the union (and likely totally fed up with their state) are moving because they want to change your state? NO...they are tired of the liberal nonsense just like you are.

Face it...nobody moving to SD for the warmth, water and glorious beaches.

And no....the ones that are fleeing didn't vote for the sillyness in Calif. That's kind of why they are moving....

We understand why calif libs moved into Colorado and some of the scenic western states. SD aint, and has none of that.

I know some very conservative Minnesota residents that moved to SD because they were fed up with our libtard state. Not everyone that lives in these lib states like it. Most are stuck due to careers, kids, etc. The right opportunity opens up and poof they are gone.

Drive through the desert of Calif. You'll still see Trump flags flying.
Posted By: greenetrapper

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 07:56 AM

It seems the Blue State folks are also flocking to SD now to escape the liberal BS they created in their original states. So desperate they can’t rent a U haul in Cali so they come here rent a truck and drive out empty to haul their junk to SD. NY and Cali states were mentioned during the report we need more red state folks to balance that out. LOL
I was born and raised in up state NY. I am the farthest thing in the world from a liberal. There are also many like me up here. We can't change the balance of power because of so many people in the city. Most of upstate New York are Republicans. We don't like liberals just as much as you do. So don't be to quick to judge . They may be trying to escape the crap others created. I would be gone if I didn't have so much family here and a great job. No disrespect intended sir .

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 12:09 PM

I’m not judging by any stretch of the imagination and neither is Law Dog. It is as plain as the nose on your face what has happened and is happening in our population centers. True, they aren’t moving here for the weather or beautiful scenery, but rather our flourishing job market and industry growth. Due in large part to our tax structure and the fact that we refused to shut our state down for the most part last year. Sure some of the people moving are interested in keeping things as is, but if you follow trends, the libtards are gaining ground quickly in our population centers where most all are moving. So don’t sit back and talk about something you have no clue about please. Law dog has lived here a great number of years and I’ve been here since conception. I wished with all my heart that the vast majority moving here were conservative, but that just isn’t the case unfortunately. I’d love to turn that around, so if you like freedom, trapping, hunting, and fishing, come on over. Otherwise, kindly stay where others like you have already done your damage. I wished we could have signage something along those lines as our border greeting. grin
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 12:36 PM

One of New Yorks greatest Exports,,,is people ! A lot of them are conservatives sick of our libtard politics though.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 01:05 PM

I truly believe you, my cousin and his wife were looking to move to upstate early last year due to a tremendous job opportunity. Taxes and regulations kept them here though. I wished the majority landing here were like you and fellow conservatives. Sadly, that’s not the case. I consider liberalism a parasite, always looking for a new host to destroy. I’m afraid it will continue to spread until something or someone finally hits the reset button. Until then, I will continue to be a thorn in their side though!
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 01:34 PM

This is what there saying about the Californians moving into Idaho, Jim. So far we are remaining a red state but I still don’t trust them.
Posted By: trap-alaska

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 02:33 PM

That's disturbing, I plan to move to SD when I retire from the Army in three years. Was planning on the Black Hills area but have been watching property prices skyrocket (way ahead of the overall real estate market) and starting to wonder if it will work out. This seems to be happening more frequently where a large liberal population in a couple cities rule an entire state of (largely) conservative citizens.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TC1
I truly believe you, my cousin and his wife were looking to move to upstate early last year due to a tremendous job opportunity. Taxes and regulations kept them here though. I wished the majority landing here were like you and fellow conservatives. Sadly, that’s not the case. I consider liberalism a parasite, always looking for a new host to destroy. I’m afraid it will continue to spread until something or someone finally hits the reset button. Until then, I will continue to be a thorn in their side though!

X2 on the reset. I love my country and I believe in peace. But all the great governments of the world have fallen. We will too unless someone draws a line in the sand.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by trap-alaska
That's disturbing, I plan to move to SD when I retire from the Army in three years. Was planning on the Black Hills area but have been watching property prices skyrocket (way ahead of the overall real estate market) and starting to wonder if it will work out. This seems to be happening more frequently where a large liberal population in a couple cities rule an entire state of (largely) conservative citizens.

Ya i would maybe look outside that area. I think the uhaul article law dog started this conversation about was based out of Rapid City and focused on the record influx of people specifically there. That, and once all the newbies to sioux falls get sick of looking at a foam filled river falling down the rocks, they spend their weekends in “the hills” as they call them.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 02:56 PM

You think the Black Hills are spendy, buy a lake home in SD. YIKES.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:06 PM

The most disturbing part of that news story was the in flow was just over 19% but the out flow of people was around 22% seemed like a double whammy.

You look at some of the more remote counties to get away from people and good property can be found at a reasonable price still. Some have the most favorable weather in the State also. You just can’t fall out of bed and hit the Walmart down the street.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
You think the Black Hills are spendy, buy a lake home in SD. YIKES.

Looked into the Black Hills years ago it was nuts then even more if you wanted water on tap. LOL
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gator Foot

Yep. They are going to flip the red states.

This is what will happen.
Posted By: pineymoboy

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:20 PM

My wife and I worked hard all our lives, raising our kids, building a good future for us and our kids. We, like a lot of people, didn't pay a whole lot of attention what was happening to the country. We were just too darn busy. We paid taxes, voted, and kept busy shuffling kids around to every ball game, dance recital etc. Now I look at what is happening to us normal people, and it's like watching a 40-50 year old western on tv, only we are the indians now. In these old flicks, thousands of people were moving west for a better life, getting away from high taxes, over crowding, bureaucracy etc., kind of like people in this thread. But back to my comparing us with the indians. We are now being controlled by a handful of loonies in Washington. We are losing our rights one by one, we are losing our history, one statue at a time, we are told what to do or else. Once in awhile we have a few "indian uprisings and skirmishes" which are put down quickly. (ask the folks from January 6) Writing to our congressman is a joke, voting is a joke, believing a politician is a joke. We still have the numbers but they have the power, and if it continues they way it is, we are all headed to the govt. reservation. Hopefully I won't get spanked for being political.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:22 PM

Look at what MT is dealing with they don’t tell about like minded conservatives moving there and then blending into the red lifestyles, we have no problem with folks moving here I’ve helped a few work on that I just don’t see the happy outcome others do.

I remember as a kid a remote drag strip in IN that had houses built around it then years later the housing increased. Years later it was shut down because of the noise. LOL
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 03:30 PM

I checked on land prices out there. I decided maybe i should spend the cash on my farn instead.

I was thinking about doing some traveling in western red areas learning about then, the people, jobs, and the weather with the idea of selling out here and moving in the future. I mean i cant hardely comprehend having so much area and varity of game. So much area to ride horses and less people sound like heaven. But i would need 10x the ground to keep as many cows as i can here and growing a garden may be tough in a lot of areas. Then add in the odd water rights and lack of water in some places in the west.
Posted By: trap-alaska

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/07/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I checked on land prices out there. I decided maybe i should spend the cash on my farn instead.

I was thinking about doing some traveling in western red areas learning about then, the people, jobs, and the weather with the idea of selling out here and moving in the future. I mean i cant hardely comprehend having so much area and varity of game. So much area to ride horses and less people sound like heaven. But i would need 10x the ground to keep as many cows as i can here and growing a garden may be tough in a lot of areas. Then add in the odd water rights and lack of water in some places in the west.

I'm originally from IN and have no desire to go back there but it is a great area for a rural lifestyle and still affordable compared to a lot of places.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/08/22 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by pineymoboy
My wife and I worked hard all our lives, raising our kids, building a good future for us and our kids. We, like a lot of people, didn't pay a whole lot of attention what was happening to the country. We were just too darn busy. We paid taxes, voted, and kept busy shuffling kids around to every ball game, dance recital etc. Now I look at what is happening to us normal people, and it's like watching a 40-50 year old western on tv, only we are the indians now. In these old flicks, thousands of people were moving west for a better life, getting away from high taxes, over crowding, bureaucracy etc., kind of like people in this thread. But back to my comparing us with the indians. We are now being controlled by a handful of loonies in Washington. We are losing our rights one by one, we are losing our history, one statue at a time, we are told what to do or else. Once in awhile we have a few "indian uprisings and skirmishes" which are put down quickly. (ask the folks from January 6) Writing to our congressman is a joke, voting is a joke, believing a politician is a joke. We still have the numbers but they have the power, and if it continues they way it is, we are all headed to the govt. reservation. Hopefully I won't get spanked for being political.

Yep
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/08/22 09:53 PM

I think some of my fellow South Dakotans actually need to look at some a real voting data instead of imaging some blue horde moving into the state. I doubt that this state is going to turn turtle to blue any time soon.

In 2016 DJT beat the Witch 61.5% to 31.7%. The Witch carried 5 counties--4 reservation and Clay (University of SD). In "upper sewer falls" and its east-west-north suburbs, Trump beat Hillary 53.7% to 39.1%. In "lower sewer falls", the smack down was worse, Trump 61%. The Witch couldn't even carry the largest university town in the state in Brookings Co. with DJT 53.2% to 38.5%

Fast forward to 2020, President Trump beats Sniffy Joe 61.8% to 35.6%. Biden picked up another reservation county but everything else remained the same. In "upper sewer falls" and surrounds Trump still got 53.3% of the vote and Joe gained on the Witch and ended up with 43.8% so DJT still beat him by 10%. Southern sewer falls, Pres Trump beat Sniffy 60/6% to 37%. Slow Joe couldn't even gain on the Witch in Brookings as Trump gained a percentage point on the Dem compared to 2016.

As for Mayor Paul losing to an Muslim immigration lawyer this year, I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/08/22 10:11 PM

How close was the Governor’s race the last go around against a Bernie fan of a candidate?

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/08/22 11:35 PM

[quote=NonPCfed]I think some of my fellow South Dakotans actually need to look at some a real voting data instead of imaging some blue horde moving into the state. I doubt that this state is going to turn turtle to blue any time soon.

In 2016 DJT beat the Witch 61.5% to 31.7%. The Witch carried 5 counties--4 reservation and Clay (University of SD). In "upper sewer falls" and its east-west-north suburbs, Trump beat Hillary 53.7% to 39.1%. In "lower sewer falls", the smack down was worse, Trump 61%. The Witch couldn't even carry the largest university town in the state in Brookings Co. with DJT 53.2% to 38.5%

Fast forward to 2020, President Trump beats Sniffy Joe 61.8% to 35.6%. Biden picked up another reservation county but everything else remained the same. In "upper sewer falls" and surrounds Trump still got 53.3% of the vote and Joe gained on the Witch and ended up with 43.8% so DJT still beat him by 10%. Southern sewer falls, Pres Trump beat Sniffy 60/6% to 37%. Slow Joe couldn't even gain on the Witch in Brookings as Trump gained a percentage point on the Dem compared to 2016.

As for Mayor Paul losing to an Muslim immigration lawyer this year, I'll believe it when I see it. [/quote

Quoting 5 year old stats for something happening now isnt really relative. Whats real and now is knowing realtors who dont know what to tell their clients to offer on a house because unseen offers of 25-40k over asking from CA. Reading articles like the one that started this thread. Maybe im wrong and only the best conservatives are moving to SD. And thinking its impossible for Tenhaken to get beat is dangerous. Im afraid too many people think that and think he has it in the bag. He didnt get THAT many more votes than Letcher and her activist blm supporting pick for police chief the last go around.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 04:20 PM

DWC- 2020 Presidential election was 5 years ago...?

I never said it was impossible Tenhaken to lose the Sioux Falls mayor election, just don't think its going to happen. I guess we'll find out this year. The Soo Foo business community has always supported Lutheran Social Services relocation programs because it gives them cheap entry-level labor. Perhaps that ends up biting them in the arse in the end, don't know. Most of the meth heads in Soo Foo aren't the immigrants.

Law Dog- Billy Sutton's heart-tug story was worth 10% of his vote in 2018. I doubt if Sutton wouldn't have been a crippled rodeo cowboy he would have gotten as close to Noem as he did. The Hughes County cabal didn't vote for Noem but for Sutton because they knew they would still be in charge with control of both houses of the Legislature and having a weak young Democratic governor.

We'll test all the theories this year.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 04:32 PM

2016 is what u started quoting. Your “facts” are incorrect sir. Time to turn off keloland and burn your copies of the argus liar.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 04:37 PM

Good luck NonPCfed! Trappers don't like facts. Schadenfreude! smile

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 04:48 PM

Thats the thing about stats. U can make them say whatever. For him to say most of the methheads arent immigrants, he would be right if talking sheer numbers. But percentages of the population? This line if thinking is exactly what liberals use in their defund the police or police reform arguments. Numbers will say whatever you want them to.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 04:56 PM

I've met conservatives in every state I've been in and that includes California. Many rural areas of California are conservative. My suggestion is to get to know them. We have more than a few members on here from crap hole states like Washington and Oregon
Posted By: wytex

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Whaaat

Sad for you all because that is what happens frequently in Wyoming except for areas such as Jackson.
The very reason I moved to Wyoming 34 years ago from Texas was for the hunting.
All it takes is one to 2 good winters and the not so hardy go back to warmer climes.
I guess danvee and I are lucky in the quality of folks we've met that moved to Wyoming and the residents that have made us friends. No one I've met in the last few years would ever think I'm not from Wyoming, they are quite surprised to hear I moved here from Texas.
You all have a mess it seems.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 05:31 PM

O (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) John Dutton sent Jimmy down to Texas to become a man!

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 06:37 PM

DWC- I think you're the one reading the Argus Liar if you know about some Muslim immigration lawyer going to run against Tenhaken. That was news to me and live closer to Sewer Falls than you do.

Both local tv "news" stations here are (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to the local corporate controllers, especially the 2 medical systems. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) serving (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)...

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 06:39 PM

I guess the filter didn't like my more vernacular term for prostitution

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
DWC- I think you're the one reading the Argus Liar if you know about some Muslim immigration lawyer going to run against Tenhaken. That was news to me and live closer to Sewer Falls than you do.

Both local tv "news" stations here are (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to the local corporate controllers, especially the 2 medical systems. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) serving (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)...

If you quote it the words show up:). Im not disagreeing about our media or medical systems. But its fairly common news not just available on the Argus that someones running against Tenhaken. Taneeza Islam is her name. Her and AOC appear to share a husband or bf or whatever he is. Her winning should terrify this state. Think of who may leave and who may move in if she is in office the next 4 years.

Re: Bad news News last night. - 01/09/22 08:52 PM

Maybe AOC can hire her on as staff and the 3 of them can do the trouple thing to their hearts content....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums