Home

Wyoming trappers ?

Posted By: Miley

Wyoming trappers ? - 01/07/22 01:07 PM

Is there any regulations on foot hold, trap size for dry land furbearers or predators on state ,fed or private land? Wyoming dec website is exhausting! Lol
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/07/22 01:52 PM

call cheyenne
Posted By: Lurp

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/07/22 02:56 PM

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH4_BROCHURE.pdf

Page 17 has trap specifications. No size regulations on leg hold traps.
Posted By: Roy Greenfield

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/07/22 04:08 PM

You do need to have a trap ID number that they assign for life.
You do ot need a licences for several species but you do need the traps tagged with the WY trap tag.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 06:06 AM

Nope,last time I went there you don't need a license to trap or hunt fox, coyote, coon, but bobcat an badger are fur bearers, you need a license for them
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 12:21 PM

Wy do you ask, no pun intended. Are you going to come and trapp some wolves and griz for central Park, thank you thank you!!!!
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 12:35 PM

Call HQ in Cheyenne. They will send you current regs. Read and re Read! No need for anything larger than a modified #3 or 650s unless like Giant Sage said, if your after wolf or griz.

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 01:06 PM

Oh, and if you do come out to trap ,we would appreciate it if you would join our trappers association.

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by E.J. Kelley
Oh, and if you do come out to trap ,we would appreciate it if you would join our trappers association.

I did, I think it expired, send me info on it

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 02:30 PM

WSTA P.O. box 45 Dixon, WY 82323. 30.00 without the post, 40.00 with. Thanks Tac.20! Great catch on youre coyotes by the way! Keep after them!!!!

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/08/22 06:57 PM

Thanks!
Maybe someday I'll make another trapping trip to Wyoming, I went 13 times a few years back

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/10/22 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Wy do you ask, no pun intended. Are you going to come and trapp some wolves and griz for central Park, thank you thank you!!!!

If they let me I’m up for it! Lol

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/10/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by E.J. Kelley

I did join last year and will again thanks!

Re: Wyoming trappers ? - 01/10/22 06:19 PM

Thanks to all for the info! Will be heading out this summer to Hyattville to my brothers place to lug trapping gear for next fall. Thanks again!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums