Home

Need security system no internet required

Posted By: larrywaugh

Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:04 PM

I am looking for a security system with 4 cameras. I currently do not have a internet connection. I am more concerned with having cameras rather than an alarm as I live in a remote area which would take the cops a long time to get here. Anybody got any recommendations as I know nothing about them.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:12 PM

dont forget to get a little house dog. one that will bark and wake you up if somebody is around. if you rig an alarm for motion everytime an owl flys low across the yard your going to get woke up.

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:25 PM

I am mainly interested in getting video of the thieves and their vehicle. I have a driveway alarm that works well when I am home. I am more concerned about when I am not home.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:35 PM

No internet or batteries required for this alarm. The noise is supplied by the perps themselves when they start screaming. And it keeps your feet warm on those nippy days and nights.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:36 PM

grin
Haha Scuba, Nice
Posted By: warrior

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 02:43 PM

No internet means your looking at cellular that works off cell signal. If you got good signal or can get it with a booster then there are several producers with all sorts of options.

This has good reviews and I've seen it recommended for real time game cameras or trap monitors.

https://m.reolink.com/us/product/re...sKG9UALsRiDgigXyeVDKLauPtpAaAjoiEALw_wcB
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 03:25 PM

X2 on the dog. Sister and BIL staying with my mother after holidays. BIL texted me to say driveway alarm went off at 5AM the other day. Loud truck of some sort, but no legit business for anyone to be there at that time of day. Was met by loud barking LGD. Did a U-turn and left. A serious thief would probably shoot the dog......but is a deterrent to most.

BTW, we have infared sensors on our driveway. Lots of stuff sets them off. I assume the same would be the case with trail cameras. Set one up once pointed at a scent post I made to monitor canine traffic, with road in the background. Road traffic filled camera up quick. Even caught neighbors coming and going across the road......at least 50 yards away.

Mom's driveway sensor is triggered by metal object passing by. Not heat sensor. Don't know if there are cameras that work the same, but would cut down on animal photos if it did.

Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 03:30 PM

If you just want video, why not a couple trail cameras set on video mode?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 03:30 PM

I would still get something with an audible alarm. It would at least spook of not-so-committed robbers
Posted By: adam m

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 03:32 PM

Larry, you're best is a wired surveillance system with "local storage". Local storage means the system stores the videos directly to the main unit and not in the cloud like Ring.

There's a wireless system called Eufy which uses SD cards. I have not tried it so I can't give a review. I know Best Buy sells that.

Both Best Buy and Costco always have wired systems on sale.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
No internet or batteries required for this alarm. The noise is supplied by the perps themselves when they start screaming. And it keeps your feet warm on those nippy days and nights.

[Linked Image]

Nice looking animal Scuba, looks about 3 yrs. there bouts?? Yep, and you don't have to worry bout pictures when they're plastered up against the wall. We are about 5 weeks out from a litter tween Moron x Ava. Tri-color, short hairs. She goes in Monday for x-ray to get a count of pups. Gonna keep a female to cross with Baron. :Ears up system armed:
Case
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 05:44 PM

He was 2 years in November . Got him from a breeder that breeds them for the police K9 units around Knoxville. The great thing about a security system like this is that it is mobile and you can leave the car keys in the ignition when going out for groceries. The missus has not misplaced a set of keys since
[Linked Image]
grin
Posted By: hippie

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 05:51 PM

Put a couple trail cams along your drive to get their license plate number.

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 07:36 PM

Thanks Adam that is the route I was thinking I will check it out. If you use trail cameras you gotta worry about batteries.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 07:46 PM

Swann cameras come in multiple camera sets. I have a four camera ($400ish) around my shop and house. One camera on a 200' cable out to the bait site. Records fine, easy to save and download. Simple set up, just need a small TV to view.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 07:47 PM

You're welcome.
Yup there are some cameras (trail and wireless) that you can use solar panels. The downside is the additional cost and installation. Plus with wireless cameras if you don't have strong wifi they become very unreliable. Ring Arlo Blink etc... systems can be wired but you still need a monthly plan and still only record short durations of a motion (about 1 minute tops).
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Need security system no internet required - 01/08/22 11:24 PM

Look at Browning cellular trail cameras. Excellent photos sent to phone or computer. You can instantly request high definition pics or videos sent to you. It saves great photos to SD card. Batteries last 6 months or more. I take more than 100,000 pics and videos per year for customers and myself. All of my cameras are Browning.

Buy them at Trailcampro for best price, double warranty, if there is any problem you return it to them and they FedEx out a new camera. No need sending it to unknown place for repair. They really do honor the warranty in house. I can’t say enough good about them and I have no affiliation with them.

The cellular cameras are available in Verizon and something else. I use Verizon because that is what we have around here. If you can make a call, it will work.

No need for the expense of solar panels or car batteries. 8 alkaline AA batteries last at least 6 months - some went 11 months. Easy to conceal because small without the solar panel stuff.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums