Home

Wives and cars.

Posted By: Finster

Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:35 AM

When I was a kid. Let's say (16-20 something) I had a 69 Mustang Coupe all souped up and that car was everything to me at that point. However, I was a young man so it go beaten pretty good mechanically wise. I assume most young men were the same way. Along comes the wife who is in her 50's. She can neglect and beat a car better than I ever could in my 20's. What is with that? Did I marry a special car killing woman? Anyone in my boat? What is it with women beating the snot out of a car that, with a little care, would last a decade or more?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:42 AM

Nope......I get scolded for drag-racing at the stop lights.......love those turbos.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:45 AM

... mine drives like a grandma... keeps the maintenance up to date and still had the motor go out on a Ford Expedition... I’ve beaten the crap out of my Toyota’s and no issues to speak of

... so I solved that problem around here ...4 runner for the wife

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:47 AM

You're spoiling her Savell...
Posted By: run

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:48 AM

At this point, I am the vechile destroyer.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:53 AM

My wife and daughter or very hard on the cars. Fixing flats or fixing dents. It’s always something!
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:55 AM

Walking shoes will fix that problem.

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
You're spoiling her Savell...

... yeah I know... but she’s a nurse and makes good beer money for me lol
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 01:34 AM

My brother just got a new car for his wife. Told him I thought that was an excellent trade!
Posted By: run

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 01:37 AM

Get your wife a good quality pair of walking/ running shoes.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 01:39 AM

Mine could by a military track vehicle and keep it spotless and chew me out for even thinking of taking it on a dirt road.
Posted By: jk

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 01:43 AM

My little buddy got married 1 1/2 years ago and his wife is a deer magnet. 6 in that time, oh and a bear. The insurance compnay must just hate to see her telephone number come up......jk
Posted By: DWC

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Savell
... mine drives like a grandma... keeps the maintenance up to date and still had the motor go out on a Ford Expedition... I’ve beaten the crap out of my Toyota’s and no issues to speak of

... so I solved that problem around here ...4 runner for the wife

[Linked Image]

Mine refuses to do a mini van so thats whats next when the ford edge takes a crap. She was spose to take it in for an oil change but waited 4k more miles to do so. I dont change oil in something i cant slide underneath. With that kind of maintenance we’ll have that 4runner in no time.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 02:16 AM

my wife will tell me if a light comes on , will tell me about a noise she might be hearing , or if anything feels off.

she will tell me if she needs gas often by stopping at the house after work she works a whole mile away and is in the drive way about the time I get off work. she will say hop in then drive me to the station and park at a pump.

that little sticker in the corner of the window , it's there but she never sees it . I noticed to day she needs an oil change only about 400 miles over so not bad.

needs a new thermostat also it is taking forever to get heat. better they stick open than closed I guess.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 10:56 AM

Only thing on our cars my wife is hard on is brakes. It doesn't matter if it's a dry road or an ice covered one, she'll drive up to an intersection at 70 mph and about 40 feet away slam on the brakes.

Oddly enough she's never had an accident. She did used to go down the one hill on her way to work backwards a few times. It took me a minute or 2 to get her convinced that flying to the crest of the hill then slamming her brakes on is what was causing it.

She also doesn't pay attention to her speed a lot. I've seen her beebop down the hi-way at 80-90 mph and not even realize it. Heaven forbid I go 2 mph over though and she's got a grip on the oh crap handles that the jaws of life couldn't loosen.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 11:07 AM

It worked ok last week,,
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 03:50 PM

Most women are hard on brakes.

Ford has issues with many of it's current motors.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 04:56 PM

Yep ......pole at drive through , mail box , the tall curb that jumped out of nowhere , dumpster , shopping cart , ............." What noise ? I don't hear any noise " ......lol
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 05:27 PM

Went out last week and saw that the windshield wiper blade on the driver side was peeled down about 4 inches on the wife's car. I don't drive her car so I asked her how long it's been like that. Now in the last week we have snow rain and sleet. She told me I didn't notice anything wrong with it!
Posted By: billy

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 05:41 PM

i hear what you are talking about,but they sure like to drive ay. we just gotta cover for them check oil,tires fluids,lights etc.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 06:00 PM

My paw paw always said we used our heads and waited over 140 years before we let them vote, but as soon as the automobile was invented we just handed them the keys like complete morons and said here ya go! Lol always makes me laugh when I think of him saying that.

Re: Wives and cars. - 01/09/22 06:04 PM

Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums