Home

Average age of death

Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:35 AM

The average age of death is 77.3 in the U.S. If I make it to the average I have 16,414 days left and have lived 11,826 days.

Really puts some things into perspective when you break your life down into days. I have a lot of things I want to do yet and when I wake up tomorrow I'll have one less day to get all those things accomplished, I hope I have the stamina, health and ambition to never waste another day.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:40 AM

I get up every morning at the same time, plus or minus a minute or two.

Last Saturday I slept in for an extra hour. When the old lady asked about it, I told her i was on Daylight Wasting Time.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:43 AM

If you wake up tomorrow. Averages are, well, averages. Maybe, you will live to 110. Maybe not. I'm sure my late wife thought she would live til 40, but it didn't work out that way. If I've learned anything in the past 50+ years, you take nothing for granted and appreciate what you have while it's here.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:46 AM

the only days you can count are ones that have passed.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:50 AM

Prepare for the end but live in the present
You'll enjoy life more that way
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:52 AM

I have less than 1,000 days left. DARN!
Posted By: SJA

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 04:12 AM

Death doesn't use a clock nor calendar. When it's your time to go, there's nothing you can do about it.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 04:18 AM

Some of us have cheated it a few times especially if you lived your bucket list! 80 in a few days and no regrets and no bucket list remaining!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 04:53 AM

[quotePrepare for the end but live in the present
You'll enjoy life more that way ][/quote]
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 05:44 AM

Genetics is probably most of the battle, but taking care of yourself, exercise, eat well, regular doctor visits and plus one thing that most of us don't think much about: dental health. Take care of your teeth and you live longer.
Posted By: Owen

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 05:49 AM

Saw a advertisement a few years ago during the superbowl and it said the average life of a man was still in the 50's. Some live longer and some die young.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 09:19 AM

Just the beginning of eternity. Life doesn't end here my friend.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 10:32 AM

DS,
A reflective post sir. The fact that you're pondering this topic of us humans having no more than 120 years here on earth (declared by God) will serve you well in many respects, not all of which are related to the actual days you are alive before physical death happens to you.

I suggest praying to God, asking Him to help you in discerning His Will for your remaining days according to His purpose for you as you deal with those around you and the world at large.
You may be surprised by His heart urgings and pathway, but it will always be for your good, so buckle down, buckle in, and man-o-man, enjoy the rest of your days as written in the Book of Life.

I pray life is going VERY well for you!
Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 10:37 AM

Don’t we have enough on our plate already?
Posted By: DWC

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Some of us have cheated it a few times especially if you lived your bucket list! 80 in a few days and no regrets and no bucket list remaining!

Wow. No regrets and no bucket list left is a goal that the vast majority wont reach. Thats awesome.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 12:46 PM

When I look at the newspaper, I realize that my time is now short, My time with the Lord will be forever.
I am prepared to go now. Planning, as if I will live and continue to witness for Him here forever.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 12:48 PM

Every morning when I wake up I set a new personal record for consecutive days lived.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 01:11 PM

Being average is overrated. For those who think they have no control over when they go. Why waste time and resources taking care of your health?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 01:17 PM

My 2nd child was killed at 16 months old. You beat him by a bunch.

I an 41 really no bucket list i can think of. Just want to be healthy and spend time with my family. Learning the bible well would be nice and being in the spot to help others. There are a few things i would not mind doing but nothing pressing or important.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 01:56 PM

Being a cancer survivor gives you a new outlook. Cherish every day, do what you love, prioritize family, help others, you get the idea.

Just a matter of time before cancer gets me I suppose, it could be next year it could be 20 years. You just never know so don't put things off. I don't want to miss a thing and I live like that.

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 01:59 PM

I have never had a healthy fear of death, now my wife is 16 weeks pregnant. I want to meet and be around for my kid so bad. I've never been so excited to fix drywall and so apprehensive to go cut trees.

With the days left exercise I realize that I need to keep working hard to set myself up for old age and to be able to care for the growing family. I've been very blessed this past year but tomorrow is not guaranteed so I need to get it while I can.
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 02:00 PM

Doom and gloom. Thats not a very good or healthy way to live life Donnersurvivor. Just wake up everyday and enjoy life, every day on this side of ground if a good day.

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by MNTrapper21
Doom and gloom. Thats not a very good or healthy way to live life Donnersurvivor. Just wake up everyday and enjoy life, every day on this side of ground if a good day.

I expressed myself wrong if you got the doom and gloom message. I meant it to be about motivation, the urgency to accomplish our goals and not waste days. I think months I've wasted on video games, youtube even t-man, all okay things in moderation but can become such big time sinks if I'm not careful. I have so many things I want to do and an unknown amount of time to do them so wasting a day playing video games can't happen anymore.
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
If you wake up tomorrow. Averages are, well, averages. Maybe, you will live to 110. Maybe not. I'm sure my late wife thought she would live til 40, but it didn't work out that way. If I've learned anything in the past 50+ years, you take nothing for granted and appreciate what you have while it's here.

We REALLY need a "like" button !!!
Posted By: run

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BuckMink
Just the beginning of eternity. Life doesn't end here my friend.

Well said.
Posted By: huntcook

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 02:58 PM

If earth was made of a giant ball of sand and a dove every 100 years would pick up just one grain of sand when the earth is gone eternity has just started. Life here on earth is not even a speck.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I have never had a healthy fear of death, now my wife is 16 weeks pregnant. I want to meet and be around for my kid so bad. I've never been so excited to fix drywall and so apprehensive to go cut trees.

With the days left exercise I realize that I need to keep working hard to set myself up for old age and to be able to care for the growing family. I've been very blessed this past year but tomorrow is not guaranteed so I need to get it while I can.

I think you have that part backwards. Old age is not guaranteed by any means. DO IT NOW. You're going to have kids, take them with you.
Posted By: nate

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
The average age of death is 77.3 in the U.S. If I make it to the average I have 16,414 days left and have lived 11,826 days.

Really puts some things into perspective when you break your life down into days. I have a lot of things I want to do yet and when I wake up tomorrow I'll have one less day to get all those things accomplished, I hope I have the stamina, health and ambition to never waste another day.

Yep and if you sleep 8 hrs a day that's about 5500 of the days.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 08:49 PM

When old age decides your time has come more then likely your health will be poor and you won think to much about it Do every thing you can do enjoy family and friends another day is not guaranteed
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 10:56 PM

Life in reality is really not that complicated, it is just that we as humans work very hard to make it so. If we worry a lot about the day yet to come and the one that just past we don't live in the present, at least not as well as we could. "Yesterday's tomorrow is Today". Many of us choose to spend most of our time wading in the shallow end of the pool, instead of learning how to swim. Once we can swim it does not matter how deep the water is.

Bryce
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Average age of death - 01/11/22 11:15 PM

All I can say is,,Aint none of us getting outta here alive !! grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums