Home

Carrying wax sand/dirt

Posted By: kurtansky

Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 01:58 PM

What do you guys use to carry your wax sand/dirt from set to set? I do a lot of walking and I currently use gallon jugs to carry it in my pack basket. Wondering if there's a better way to haul it without leaving jugs near the set when needed.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 02:09 PM

I don't.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 02:09 PM

Kitty litter jugs or coffee cans for me. Backpacks are best for long walks.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 02:25 PM

Above works well Badland canvas bag also,nice to carry enough for 3 sets at a time varies with what trap size you are using 550 size is about a 1/2 gallon #3s coil springs about 3/4 of a gallon per set.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 02:38 PM

I am not carrying it but would think cloth sacks with handles sewn or tied like lead shot bags that you could stick a funnel in and fill at home then easily grab a few at a time , but when they are empty weigh near nothing and fold up small
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Carrying wax sand/dirt - 01/11/22 03:10 PM

Anything from a plastic bag in my cat bag to a plastic ice cream bucket if I’m walking in to make cat sets. I also stash 5 gallon pails along the line in some places before the weather gets bad in places where I have multiple sets at. In my truck I have a short bucket 3 1/2 gallon and 5 gallon size to add to the smaller one so it’s easier to handle getting it in and out of the truck.

It seems if you put expensive dirt in any container it’s the first thing to spill or bust open. LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums