Home

Anyone seeing this?

Posted By: Oh Snap

Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 07:39 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://trapperman.com/forum/attach...7343897_548b_4924_94b7_7d3dcfc3537d.jpeg[/ankeimg]

This is Walmart Fairbanks, shelves are getting slim, some gas stations closed NO GAS!

What do you see in your area?

Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 07:41 PM

Haven't been in a week or so but no it was nothing like that the last time I went.
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 07:44 PM

There's tons of empty shelf space at Walmart around here. It's like they aren't even trying anymore. Go down the soup aisle and look. College kids are gonna starve without their ramen noodles lol.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 07:55 PM

There's some shortages yes but not like that. Yesterday I had a hard time finding chicken food, carrots, and cigarettes.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 09:23 PM

Was in Menards Saturday.
A bunch of the shelves were empty.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 09:31 PM

Most stores around here are spreading out what they have in stock so it looks likes more than there really is, many things are set 4 or 5 wide but only 1 deep, to cover the missing merchandise spaces, as opposed to 4 or 5 deep.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 09:32 PM

Looks like pictures of shelves in Russia that I use to see.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 09:44 PM

Doesn't help you Alaskan guys when everything comes in on boats through Anchorage, eh? Our shelves are pretty well stocked but it's sticker shock looking at the prices.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 09:45 PM

Last couple times out...Big Box: Lots of shelves were empty...choices were limited. Grocery store: You could get just about everything, but sometimrs not much selection. Gas: It's here...for now. Around 3.45

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:00 PM

I just talked to a fellow trapper that lives on a river I trapped beaver on and he said that they got a foot more snow than Fairbanks received and it’s hurting the moose . They can’t get around because of the double layers of ice and deep snow. There goes out meat source for next fall!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Sadly it looks like shelves in Urbanna, Ohio too. We have to drive out of county now, if we want to buy over half of what's on our list. I think Walmart and Kroger stock their big city stores, near their warehouses first and then ship any leftovers out our way. The big chains aren't going to ship their merchandise any further than they need to, to sell it. It makes no economic sense to ship merchandise out to us if they can sell it closer to their warehouses. It's getting progressively worse and very expensive.

Keith
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:04 PM

Dollar General still has Busch Light for 9.95 a 18 pack.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:06 PM

Yes, not to that degree but yes. And it's weird random items not just stuff that I know comes in on ships. I'm still having difficulty finding regionally produced goods such as smoked ham hocks or neckbones. Conecuh sausage from next door Alabama is hit or miss in stock. Sugar which is all American made seems to have taken a big hit as well. (holidays?)
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:10 PM

The roof on the IGA In Delta collapsed do to snow load. So everyone In Delta Is having to buy groceries In Fairbanks

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:11 PM

If we aren’t hurt by a plague we’re going to be shut down with shortages! You think?
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:11 PM

Was in the store yesterday. Out of those Pillsbury Cresent rolls, pie crusts, orange juice. A lot of the packaged sliced cheese is gone. Shortages of Butter, Toilet Paper, juices, baking supplies, canned soups

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:18 PM

The cashiers at the stores around here used to always ask "Did you find everything you were looking for?" I believe it was a job requirement. None of the cashiers have asked me that in well over 18 months now. It would take to long to listen to every customer list 20 to 30 items they could not find and no matter how they looked, the cashiers and baggers could not find the items to sell.

Keith

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

Sadly it looks like shelves in Urbanna, Ohio too. We have to drive out of county now, if we want to buy over half of what's on our list. I think Walmart and Kroger stock their big city stores, near their warehouses first and then ship any leftovers out our way. The big chains aren't going to ship their merchandise any further than they need to, to sell it. It makes no economic sense to ship merchandise out to us if they can sell it closer to their warehouses. It's getting progressively worse and very expensive.

Keith

You're probly right. Here in Florida there's no problems finding everything we need. Even Fritos. laugh The only bare shelves I've seen is Glidden paint in Home Depot.
Wait until everyone gets an electric car, then China shuts us off from their lithium.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 10:59 PM

I'm seeing sporadic shortages of this and that. Sometimes you can't find X,Y & Z . Then the next week they will have that but be out of A,B&C. Seen it at Wal-Mart , Aldi's and other stores.

Definitely looks like a supply chain problem , but it is getting slightly worse.

Several news articles are talking about it and a new hashtag -

#emptyshelvesbiden

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 11:04 PM

#bidenbuildingbackbetter

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
#bidenbuildingbackbetter

Let's go Brandon!

Keith

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/11/22 11:51 PM

COSCO veggie department!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:03 AM

Thats what you get for electing a commie.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 01:04 AM

The problem lies with some Trump era policy, I'm sure.
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 01:12 AM

I’m in the grocery business it’s gonna get worse for the next 3 months.produce is about 70 percent out of stock ,a lot of it is due to truckers coming in from Mexico that have to be fully vaccinated.Almost all federal inspected plants are in rolling closures because of omnicron,get a few people test positive they have to shut down.As Biden would say ask president Harris lol
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 06:30 AM

Posted By: waggler

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 06:55 AM

There is a Walmart in Tacoma WA that has been completely close for the past couple of days.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 07:03 AM

All of the illegal immigrants are going to get here and look at the bare shelves and wish they never left home.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 07:16 AM

Larry, do you really shop at Walmart? smile
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 08:31 AM

No shortages here that I’m aware of.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 09:06 AM

Yeah, shelves are getting bare here.. pasta, milk, canned goods.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
All of the illegal immigrants are going to get here and look at the bare shelves and wish they never left home.

I hope!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 09:57 AM

yes lots of shelves empty or little on them
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 10:53 AM

They widened the aisles, eliminating whole shelves. 4 carts wide now. Before two carts almost rubbed passing. Brandon needs to go already!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 11:13 AM

Sporadic shortages here. As someone mentioned an item will be out of stock one week but in stock the next. While another item that was in stock is now out of stock.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 11:21 AM

Same here,Let's go Brandon!
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 11:33 AM

Good thing everyone avoids Walmart being pretty much just Chinese made stuff and all. grin
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:11 PM

this is nothing but lies....antijoe prpoganda......our economy is the bestest its ever been. the pandemic is corralled, everyone has money even if they don't wanna work,border issue solved, Russia is dismantling its military ..joe is the bestest ever!! even cats and dogs are sleeping together!!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:13 PM

Not enough truck drivers. Yet every day there are more D.O.T. regs. Nothing thats voted on by the people we elect to represent us. Regulations with the force of law. I sent emails back to back for awhile. Sent letters before that. What a joke. People that never worked outside an office or even pulled a boat trailer to the lake, are making the rules. Probably be awhile before its better. A loooooooong while.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:21 PM

There's no veggies here cause the veggie farm workers left Mexico to come to the US to mow lawns, shingle houses, and build apartment buildings and houses.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:32 PM

Was in at local farm store the other day. They told me the delivery truck had been in that day, out of 7 pages of items ordered for delivery , 4 pages were short. It's going to be more than just food.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 12:56 PM

Looks like china does not have to fire a shot just quit shipping their stuff to us and we will fold.

I always said making everything here was a stradegic advantage.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
There's no veggies here cause the veggie farm workers left Mexico to come to the US to mow lawns, shingle houses, and build apartment buildings and houses.

..& get free health care, and vote somehow, and govt assistance..... and on and on and nearly all are non citizens. I don’t blame them, I blame people that are trying to destroy our country. Sorry, felt I needed to add a few more.
#bidensanidiot
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 01:23 PM

Yes Sir I bet the truck was full.
Posted By: run

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 03:07 PM

I did go to Kroger last week. Didn't see too many empty shelves. I stay away from Walmart as much as possible.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 03:51 PM

Imagine that, sold out by our “elected officials”! They are all working for the cccp. Clean the slate this Nov….
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 03:55 PM

Those that can't take care of themselves are going to be in for a rude awakening. Those of us that can, should be prepared to defend and protect our own. I agree with Lee....clean the slate this November!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 04:07 PM

I stopped at one of the mega HEBs, had to park at the Whataburger next door as the parking lot was full and found probably 1 in 5 products out of stock.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
this is nothing but lies....antijoe prpoganda......our economy is the bestest its ever been. the pandemic is corralled, everyone has money even if they don't wanna work,border issue solved, Russia is dismantling its military ..joe is the bestest ever!! even cats and dogs are sleeping together!!

And there some that believe this…..
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
Originally Posted by foxkidd44

And there some that believe this…..

sadly true..........some simply cannot see with their own eyes whats goin on in their own backyard and will eat up the propaganda by thje leftist controlled media.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 05:52 PM

We are living in a divided society and it’s all based on where your information comes from!
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap
We are living in a divided society and it’s all based on where your information comes from!

Very true. It still amazed me people will believe what they see on TV vs what is happening right in front of their face.

We have had shortages here, not as bad as the op's pictures. I only expect it to get worse though.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 09:23 PM

Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 09:52 PM

Was in Walmart today, shelves were stocked, everything was full just like normal. I did buy 9 pounds of bacon just in case the world is going to end.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/12/22 10:01 PM

I see you got your priorities in order. wink
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/21/22 03:16 AM

Back in the day a Russian City Mayor visited our city mayor and want to see a grocery store, so they went to one. No not good enough as they drove away, pull into this one was the next request. He figured they could have time to fill the first one, but when he pulled another on the way, he was rest assured it was not a scam.

With the new vax passport required in Canada for international truck drivers we are seeing some new bare shelves with trucks not getting up here.

Re: Anyone seeing this? - 01/21/22 03:45 AM

The pilot in the true story MIG PILOT had the same experience when he ended up in a Virginia suburb. He was sure that the stores were just staged for his eyes. Full shelves and meat coolers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums