Home

Sold coyote's today

Posted By: bowhunterks

Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:10 AM

to the country fur buyer had 8 finished coyotes

6 @ 12.00 each
2 @ 5.00 each

82.00 total 10.25 avg.

I was hopeing for at least 10.00 each done just a little better.
Would like to have gotten paid more but it is what it is.
Posted By: nate

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:34 AM

I've sold for less, great job, thanks for sharing.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:34 AM

Who did you sell to?
Posted By: bowhunterks

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:47 AM

Archer Fur Whiting, Ks

His info is listed in the fur buyer listing at the top of the trapper talk page.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:01 AM

I sold 10 dollar coyotes in the 90's. probably be about 20 today with inflation. I may end up having friends over to drink whiskey and stand around a coyote pelt bonfire
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:04 AM

(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:17 AM

Really!? Why on Earth would you want a $10 average on finished coyotes?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Really!? Why on Earth would you want a $10 average on finished coyotes?

I would guess it was because that is all they were worth in todays market.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 04:27 AM

If I had a $10 coyote walk on the porch of the fur shed, I wouldn't waste the bullet.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 04:41 AM

Eastern Kansas coyotes are not great coyotes. The fur is coarse and the color isn't usually great either. You will catch a nice one occasionally. I would say the OP did well in the current market.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunterks
Archer Fur Whiting, Ks
His info is listed in the fur buyer listing at the top of the trapper talk page.

I sold Dick a lot of fur back in the day. He was always slightly better than others on coyotes but Hinkle would give me a little more for the rats and beaver. Not that I could catch many cats back then but Barrow was good to me when I did.

Im glad to hear someone is still trappin up that way!
Posted By: LDW

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:49 AM

I sold mine last Friday. Got $30 each for 10 finished. Read somewhere the other day, that if you have coyotes, sell now for whatever you can get. This guy said if you hold them till later, that it could be a disaster.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:55 AM

10 dollars is better than nothing, in the 90s i had 28 coyotes that no one would buy put up, ended up tanning them and sold a few years later for 40 dollars each
Posted By: micheal

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 10:31 AM

Can't always catch high quality fur
Posted By: cagemaker

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 12:50 PM

LDW pm me the buyer who bought your coy Thanks John

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:20 PM

I sold mine last Friday. Got $30 each for 10 finished. Read somewhere the other day, that if you have coyotes, sell now for whatever you can get. This guy said if you hold them till later, that it could be a disaster.

He may have given you accurate advice. I don't know. I am having fun with my grandsons and thinning out coyotes for a friend. I wont sell for ten bucks. Its that simple. These coyotes need killing it wont be bother me to toss the pelts. May tan a few. Been a loooong time since I last home tanned. Thinking a trooper hat might be doable and sew it by by hand. Give my young protégées a wall hanger.

I cant see letting a fur buyer show a profit if I am taking a loss. If I cant make money on my fur I am not going to let somebody else make money on it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

He may have given you accurate advice. I don't know. I am having fun with my grandsons and thinning out coyotes for a friend. I wont sell for ten bucks. Its that simple. These coyotes need killing it wont be bother me to toss the pelts. May tan a few. Been a loooong time since I last home tanned. Thinking a trooper hat might be doable and sew it by by hand. Give my young protégées a wall hanger.

I cant see letting a fur buyer show a profit if I am taking a loss. If I cant make money on my fur I am not going to let somebody else make money on it.

You may not make money but you can have a smaller loss.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:40 PM

If your ok with somebody profiting off your efforts while you lose money thats fine. I am not fine with it. 10 dollar coyotes and cabelas is selling for this. No thanks.

https://www.cabelas.com/r/shop/en/SearchDisplay#q=coyote%20fur%20hat&numberOfResults=32
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by nate
I've sold for less, great job, thanks for sharing.

Didn't., thx

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:42 PM

Quit giving fur away and it will change
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by LDW

Sounds like you did ok at $30, but I don't see how turning down a $10 dollar offer could turn into a disaster. There's not much downside left between 10 and zero.
Posted By: WBG

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:03 PM

Pretty bad when a coyote won't pay for a pizza.
Posted By: capt.scott

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:22 PM

I like your thought process. I wonder how many of those Cabelas is selling? Might need to learn to sew.
Posted By: blackhammer

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by LDW

With such advice why is he buying today? If you’re so poor having dirt cheap coyotes go to nothing is a disaster you probably should be spending your time doing something other than trapping coyotes.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:07 PM

Coyotes will always need killing to keep the numbers under control. When it's no longer profitable it turns from a bidness to a sport.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:34 PM

Not if they don't want it. I have heard that there is over 200,000 tanned coyotes waiting for a new home and the price keeps dropping. The country buyers sold coyotes last couple years and the end buyer is stuck with them. Most the buyers in the US ended up getting bailed out by another buyer in the US and he lost $287,000. If no coyotes sell to a end user soon, the price will drop more. The coyotes were all ending up at the same place no matter who bought them from the trapper. If someone has information of coyotes selling to end users I would like to hear it. Some of the bigger country buyers were being financed by the end user and have been cut off too. So that should help them crash more.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:44 PM

If your ok with somebody profiting off your efforts while you lose money thats fine. I am not fine with it. 10 dollar coyotes and cabelas is selling for this. No thanks.

https://www.cabelas.com/r/shop/en/SearchDisplay#q=coyote%20fur%20hat&numberOfResults=32

Well tan them and sell them as hats fot that price. Its value added and you need to be able to find your market.

I cant eve get my fur put up myself and i cant find anyone i can pay to do it. Low fur prices but i would pay what guys are getting for their finished fur to put mine up but no one is intrested. Heck thats just fleashing can do the skinning.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 03:44 PM

The end user is people buying coats. I still see coats advertised with fur ruffs.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Sills
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Coyotes will always need killing to keep the numbers under control. When it's no longer profitable it turns from a bidness to a sport.

Gary I agree with you 100% about the killing. I feel folks in the eastern USA don't understand the damage these predators can do do livestock. Primarily sheep, goats and cattle. Some are waking up however as there prize deer herds are diminishing some.

As for populations even with the high prices of last year and a few years before the populations seem to be down just a tad. In fact it wasn't so many years ago, large, heavy white bellies were selling for $12- $25 and those ugly rainbow colored ones east tof the Missouri River could not be given away. In fact I know today of a few buyers that wont accept some of those ugly rainbow ones.

Maybe the damage they do should be a wake up call that we should stop farming as heavy to support so many mouth breathers in the USA. It's not like they even support farmers anyways, all they want is the literal lowest price they can pay for food. To say that coyotes are doing damage when they are part of the natural ecosystem of kind of silly, this is why wolves are not as widespread anymore. Too many mouth breathers in the farming industry who only don't care about anything else except for whats in between their fence lines. Go to places like Maryland, Northern Virginia, where there are way too many deer as it is, killing coyotes is not going to help that problem, the only thing it's going to do is make the deer overpopulation much worst.

If you could allude or speak to where these "prized" deer herds exist in the east, I would love to know. Once you get south of Virginia the deer all look like small dogs because we love to shoot 1 year old and 2 year old deer instead of letting them reach good maturity size! Again look at the allotment for each of the southern states, it will astound you, because in GA, it may be a little bit different now, but you used to be able to kill 12 every year. Here in LA we can get all the way up to 6, if done correctly, but the eastern states need coyotes, wolves, whatever they can get to help them with the overpopulation of deer.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 05:24 PM

Stop food production Tofan? Are you suggesting that we need to lower the human population to make room for animals? If you are I suggest you start with your own family and your own self.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 05:30 PM

We've been here b4 with fur prices.

Seek other markets if you catch a small enough amount of pelts that you can tan and sell or tan and make into garments and sell.

The longline/big numbers trappers are out of business unless they get paid to trap.

Hobby/wildlife management trappers can continue to make themselves feel good for killing 4 or 5 coyotes, and a few coons and possums.

Nothing we, as trappers, can do will change the current narket conditions.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:09 PM

Danny there not listening But you are absolutely correct.
Or better yet do not trap or shoot till prices come back.
There is 250,000 to 300,000 tanned. Coyote sitting waiting that they can not move , starting to sound familiar???

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:33 PM

Swampwolf, we have never been here before, in so many ways, including the fur market.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by WBG
Swampwolf, we have never been here before, in so many ways, including the fur market.

You must be a young man. Im 57 and have seen prices worse than this in the early 90s.

So yes.....we have been here b4.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by WBG

The big way is in 1990 we hadn't developed the new markets of China and Russia. Now they are developed and prices are worse. Not counting inflation.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:44 PM

So...yall think we are plowing new ground? Dont seem like it to me. Same deal...different decade.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 06:56 PM

Sorry JR., but You did not see worse prices in the 90's when the buying power of the dollar is taken into account, as it should be. When talking about the great crash of 87 many items recovered in a few years. For example I was selling male Mink for 30 dollars by 92 or 93, of course there was still an Italian market at that time.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 07:45 PM

Farmers been saying for years they aren't making money, but they can't help but bulldoze more ground so they can give more grain away. Ten dollars ain't much but it beats nothing.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 07:56 PM

The "buying power of the dollar"?

For sure most things cost less back in the early 90s so the dollar bought more, but our lives were financially adjusted to those times...as they are now.

Low fur prices then...low fur prices now.....tomato...tamatoe....
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 08:36 PM

The fact that there is 200-300,000 tanned coyote sitting somewhere and not moving shouldn't be making anyone in a hurry to sell. You know a whole lot of those end users are in China with lockdowns, travel restictions and a failing economy. There's a reason the end product is not moving.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
The fact that there is 200-300,000 tanned coyote sitting somewhere and not moving shouldn't be making anyone in a hurry to sell. You know a whole lot of those end users are in China with lockdowns, travel restictions and a failing economy. There's a reason the end product is not moving.

Just like coons supply and demand .
It will take awhile clean out the pipe line ,,but if there is a constant flow of coyote's looking for a home will cause price to falter imo.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:39 PM

[quote=Swamp Wolf]We've been here b4 with fur market
Yes we have
Agreed ,, as you stated need to be I. Your late 50s or 60s
to have seen it .
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:42 PM

I sold 10 dollar coyotes in the 90's. probably be about 20 today with inflation. I may end up having friends over to drink whiskey and stand around a coyote pelt bonfire

No kidding! That's a lot of work for such a paltry amount!
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 09:56 PM

Swamp Wolf you must get [aid pretty good for your southern fur. Im guessing it is mostly ADC trapping. As I said before that isnt fur trapping. I doubt Phil Brown and other big producers are going to quit their day job to go ADC. Whatever you are doing in Georgia just isnt/doesnt happen for the most part in PA.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
Swamp Wolf you must get [aid pretty good for your southern fur. Im guessing it is mostly ADC trapping. As I said before that isnt fur trapping. I doubt Phil Brown and other big producers are going to quit their day job to go ADC. Whatever you are doing in Georgia just isnt/doesnt happen for the most part in PA.

Where/when did I say it would work.

Please quote me...
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 10:23 PM

In our area with almost all dairy farming the coyote ranks below Coon, skunk, grinner, deer and wild turkey when it comes to wanting them gone. Even with thousands of 80-120 lbs. calves housed in outdoor calf hutches, the yotes rarely attack those calves. The coyotes do a great job on cleaning up the hundreds of after births which saves work and time. Many farmers see them finding mice in the hayfields after the haybines run them through.

Bryce

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 10:30 PM

Beef calves in KS dont live in little calf quonset huts 50 yards from the house. They are in pastures. When they are little the cow will hide them and wander off to graze. Coyotes dont kill huge numbers but they do kill them. The further west you get the more depredation there is as human population in some counties is less than the population of a city park on a Sunday summer afternoon.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 10:57 PM

To me one thing that is way different, is that one man was buying all the coyotes in North America to sell to manufactures and planned to corner the fur market in North America with the help of a big road buyer. How many buyers do some of these bigger US buyers have? Some of them have a buyer at every trapper sale in the US and have expanded into Canada. When there is a monopoly and the king pin can not sell what ever it is he has, the price drops. I hear talk of "we are not going to use as many coyotes" from manufactures on top of it. Some of the coyotes traded hand three or four times before they left the US and everyone that touches them wants to make a few dollars. That does not work. The only way the coyote market is coming up is for what is in the pipe line to be sold. It could happen any minute, but it could take years and lower prices for fur that was bought at high prices. I worked for a old fur buyer in MT at Pacific Hide and Fur that told me he saw bales of coyotes sell for $1 each. So to think we have bottomed could be wrong. One of the big speculators on fur died a couple years ago, and his wife stayed in it for a couple years and has got out 100% The year coon went so high at NAFA he shipped semi loads of baled coon up to the sale. He had been a big broker in NY back in the 1970's and 80's. When NY quite being the fur hub of the United States he started buying and reselling fur rather than working as a broker. He spent millions of dollars is my point which helped keep the fur market a float. Is there anyone left like that? I am not talking about a guy that buy from trappers, NAFA and FHA called him and ask him if he wanted fur they could not move. I some how don't see any fast recovery for wild fur.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 11:12 PM

I think as trappers we need to understand the reality of the industry we are selling into. If one person or firm is buying say 250K of coyotes in one year and let us say that they bought an average priced coyote at $65 or an average between fair and good with decent price structure. That is $16,250,000 which is chump change when you figure how many billionaires we have just in the USA not counting businesses, investment firms, hedge funds etc. If desired it is not hard to really control the market.

Bryce

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/12/22 11:20 PM

Can/will anyone in the know give some background on this person that tried to corner the coyote market?

I'm intrigued by someone that would try this and would like to know more.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 12:04 AM

There won't be any forward movement on fur unless people want to use it. Or the finished product is within the regular persons reach.

Most people feel it's to costly to use as a regular thing, more for show or prestige, there are small pieces that move a bit, fur hats caps and collars, mittens, in this country hardly anything moves on a regular basis, they are not going to be wanting attention drawn to them by others who feel it's harmful to populations, we know this is not merited, however force and education don't always go together.

Here it's presentably a niche market for small end users, other countries people use it as regular duty in smaller amounts every year.

I think it will continue to die out in our country completely except for singular use by those who harvest it primarily as hobby sport, as well as those end users who do worthy work to continue to sell as a special interest use.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 12:12 AM

How do you know the buyer is making money on Eastern Kansas coyotes this year? Are you certain of that?

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 12:53 AM

I know they intend to make money. I know at ten bucks finished I would rather burn them. Why contribute to a market thats flooded ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 01:10 AM

614.99,good deal.
The 14.99 is the cost of the pelt-1200 should cover the cost of the tanning and leave a little profit,lol (2 hats per coyote).
Posted By: Joe krogman

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 01:44 AM

I hope Richard doesn't ship those coyotes, he will probably lose money.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
We've been here b4 with fur prices.

Seek other markets if you catch a small enough amount of pelts that you can tan and sell or tan and make into garments and sell.

The longline/big numbers trappers are out of business unless they get paid to trap.

Hobby/wildlife management trappers can continue to make themselves feel good for killing 4 or 5 coyotes, and a few coons and possums.

Nothing we, as trappers, can do will change the current narket conditions.

I moved to WY in 94 fox were 10-12. Coyotes 15- 17 . I'd left KS you hardly give coyote or coon away only the best were sellable. Nothing new under the sun. Done the Rendezvous thing for a decade, live market for a decade also and retail fur end use . If trapping is your passion there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 03:07 AM

Just think ,with 25 doller coyotes 12 dollar fox dont look so bad now do they , unless you're glass iss half empty. wink

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by lumberjack391

Where/when did I say it would work.

Please quote me...

What exactly would work? Im not following?

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 03:28 AM

Im not following you Lumberjack391. There is nothing trappers can do to improve the fur market. It is supply and demand. And it seems like its controlled much more by demand. Low supply isn't gonna make much difference.

Where in any of my posts did I say that what is done in Ga will work in Pa? Heck..I didnt even imply that it would.

I simply stated that anyone wanting to tan/fur craft should keep doing fur tanning/crafts. Hobby trappers should keep killing a few critters. And former bigger numbers guys are out of luck unless they get paid.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/13/22 04:09 AM

OG
Said it first, it's the end of the era, that man is a genius,light years ahead of the rest.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 05:35 PM

I know they intend to make money. I know at ten bucks finished I would rather burn them. Why contribute to a market thats flooded ?

Isn't that kind of like burning your stock portfolio when the stock market goes way down? And, why would they buy coyotes if they didn't intend to at least make a little profit?

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 05:45 PM

Danny the latest survey of trappers nationally has only about less than 5 % of trappers saying the money is important to them. Buyers have been buying ( and end users) from the other 95% for decades. They really do not comprehend that there are a few trappers that do it for money. I tried to explain to a buyer, I can't trap for that price. His eyes glazed over. I don't think he understood what I was saying.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 06:03 PM

why would they buy coyotes if they didn't intend to at least make a little profit?

For the same reason you trap to not make money I guess.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 06:06 PM

Dirt, he understood all right. Just didn't like it

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 06:16 PM

Dirt, he understood all right. Just didn't like it

I'm not sure. We had a good long talk comparing notes and basically he told me a story about how he offered to make trappers more money on a product ( and they would have made probably twice as much) and they turned him down and sent fur to a Canadian auction. We both shook our heads on that one. frown

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 06:24 PM

why would they buy coyotes if they didn't intend to at least make a little profit?

For the same reason you trap to not make money I guess.

Maybe recreational/hobby fur buying is what's happening with the market this year.........just couldn't resist!
Posted By: danvee

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 06:56 PM

Kinda like going to the proctologist doesn't pay but its fun for some!!

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 07:09 PM

I know i'm new to trapping, but I just want to make the point that the mere fact that we can get some sort of return on trapping is amazing to me. Spending as much money as I have on hunting stuff year in, year out, has me asking myself why I didn't start trapping sooner.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 07:35 PM

Tofan, 40 years ago 100 Kansas coyotes would buy the best NEW 4wd pickup on any dealers lot. In 1980 my best bobcat paid the ENTIRE bill for the birth of my first kid. I cant sell coyotes for what I got in the 90's when 10 bucks bought what 20 will now. If you want to give stuff away so someone else can make money on it, I will buy all the 1964 and older U.S. coins you have for face value.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 07:43 PM

Tofan, 40 years ago 100 Kansas coyotes would buy the best NEW 4wd pickup on any dealers lot. In 1980 my best bobcat paid the ENTIRE bill for the birth of my first kid. I cant sell coyotes for what I got in the 90's when 10 bucks bought what 20 will now. If you want to give stuff away so someone else can make money on it, I will buy all the 1964 and older U.S. coins you have for face value.

I'll be, that would be a sight to see. Dang, I bet that was a great time man. One can only imagine the excitement trading furs for that type of return, sort of like checking the traps everyday, never know what you might get. Another coin collector....I do have some liberty dimes that I have acquired over the years, I was even lucky enough to find a silver quarter when I was on a jobsite in upstate NY about 15 years ago.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 07:44 PM

I agree Danny I have a certificate for a top lot coon of $58 fox for 80 nose count, coyote topping 120 and even pale beaver for 60 plus, rats paid all my expenses for traps lures and gas, though cats can sell for more now averages were over 350 always. Gas for under a buck, everything has gone up except fur.

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/14/22 09:37 PM

In the 80s trapping I did not do anything in the winter for a job because I could not afford to go work. I lost money If i did.
Trapping was a good way of life .
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 02:26 AM

I had been procrastinating clearing out some coons for a farmer-hoarder friend of mine. I haven't hit his place for 2 years. I told him today we're waiting until April 1 and we'll do the state tail bounty thing. Why waste time messing with finishing coon fur when the state will pay a better average for turning in the tail? I'll double lung the old boars and take their skulls and bone and that adds a little coin to the bounty. Still get a few 2xl unbred coon sows that have nice fur in early April, tan the main fur off of them. The naked grinner tails worth the same as a coon's, although the hoarder-farmer think possums a "good ratters". I'll let Law Dog turn in most of the "tainted" pepe tails grin wink...
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by WBG
Sorry JR., but You did not see worse prices in the 90's when the buying power of the dollar is taken into account, as it should be. When talking about the great crash of 87 many items recovered in a few years. For example I was selling male Mink for 30 dollars by 92 or 93, of course there was still an Italian market at that time.

BULL sent 44 coyote to FHA in those years every sale i'd get a check for 5 bucks maybe 7 or 9 for a couple years then nothing shipped 14 beaver to NAFA received 110.00 actually got more for a kit then a super blanket (dark silky) and those were winter caught
went to a fur sale in Kalkaska,mi one kid had a mink it was bid up to 40.00 the rest of the lots never broke 20 So you could have got 30

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 03:21 AM

Question, what has more value 14 beaver for 110.00 1990 dollars or 14 beaver at 140.00 2022 dollars?
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 02:53 PM

tofan if your just starting out i bet you havent came close to cover the cost of your start up costs let alone your time and gas price of meat now days hunting is a good investment heck to buy a 1500 pd calf now and have it processed will cost you 2500 to 3000 dollars id rather have a freezer full of meat i harvesed than fur

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 04:35 PM

I didnt have a problem with 90s prices, sure they bounced around but you could switch species and we still had a few rats around, Plus there was the chance of prices going up- that hasnt happened for a while lately. Now ALL species are low..

Re: Sold coyote's today - 01/15/22 04:49 PM

Yep. Figure 30 pounds of deer meat at the price of beef is 150 bucks. Doe tag here is 20. Ammo hasn't been bought at inflated prices by me. Maybe a half tank of gas to shoot 3-4. So a hundred pounds of boned out venison for roughly 100 bucks. My rifles have all paid for themselves many times over so I am not figuring that in. I have only bought myself 3 new guns in the last 20 years. I figure guns I bought for kids and grandkids are just gifts. I did spend a little on a pheasant hunt last year. Went out to the KS CO border and split the cost of a motel room with a buddy. So sometimes it costs. First time in a while though I have spent that much to go hunting.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums