Home

Caught another Red Fox today

Posted By: Trap828

Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 07:58 PM

We’ve got two weeks left of our month long fox season here. Slowly filling tags
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:02 PM

Tags for foxes.....NC should drop that nonsense.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:03 PM

Good job!

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Daily limit 2 and season limit 10. Season runs from the first Saturday in January to the last.

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trap828

Daily limit 2 and season limit 10. Season runs from the first Saturday in January to the last.

Is that a leftover law from the days when fox houndsmen had a lot of politcal pull?
Posted By: GreginGA

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:22 PM

Back in the day, late 70's, one could not trap raccoon in the northern half of Georgia. They could be trapped in the southern half. At that time, I was told the coon hunters had a significant amount of influence with the Georgia legislature. I think that law has been changed, now.

Swamp Wolf,

You probably know.

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:48 PM

Is that a leftover law from the days when fox houndsmen had a lot of politcal pull?[/quote]
I’ve never thought of it but you may be right about that.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 08:55 PM

Is that a leftover law from the days when fox houndsmen had a lot of politcal pull?

Sort of, lots of decisions being made by people with no clue about fox populations. I won't pretend to be the expert that many members from our association are. They have done a phenomenal job fighting this legislation and have successfully gotten fox trapping back into many counties where it has been illegal for some time.

My county being one that did not have a season at all and now does due to efforts by the NCTA. Hats off to those guys

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by GreginGA
Back in the day, late 70's, one could not trap raccoon in the northern half of Georgia. They could be trapped in the southern half. At that time, I was told the coon hunters had a significant amount of influence with the Georgia legislature. I think that law has been changed, now.

Swamp Wolf,

You probably know.

Yes...you are correct. The GTA pushed for that to be changed for years and it finally happened.
Posted By: garyll1959

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 10:16 PM

I’ve never thought of it but you may be right about that.[/quote]
For the most part, yes. Foxes were, probably still are,regulated through the legislature instead of the wildlife commission, due to the number of houndsmen that were either in the legislature, or backed by houndsmen with deep pockets.
Posted By: Bucndoe

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/12/22 11:37 PM

And I thought NJ was silly
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/13/22 12:10 AM

We got one today too. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Maine man

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/13/22 01:18 AM

Congratulations.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Caught another Red Fox today - 01/13/22 02:09 AM

It is crazy how each county is different on foxes. My county opens dec1, lasts thru Feb 20, is unlimited bag, and has no tagging requirement. A county next to me they can't be trapped, only taken with bow or gun with a season limit of 10 and a daily of 2. Plenty of fox in both areas, good luck, keep after them
© 2024 Trapperman Forums