Home

Ouell Rudy Traps

Posted By: K-zoo

Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 10:49 PM

In the Jan. issue of The Fur Taker, PCS Outdoors has an ad for Canada made Ouell Rudy traps. PCS is now the ONLY U.S. distributor of the traps. The ad only mentions body grippers. Do they make CS or LS? I've never heard of them before. Anyone have experience with these traps? Canada guys?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 10:56 PM

Coils, yes. I believe they make one with composite, non metal, jaws iirc.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 10:59 PM

https://www.ouell.ca/en/collections/pieges-1

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 11:02 PM

I was wrong. A longspring using coni springs.

https://www.loysrudy.com/rudy-redwolf-
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 11:09 PM

Wont ever use any trap with plastic, no matter what. Last thing we need is the anti-environment people against us too. Cool concept using the conibear springs though.

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/12/22 11:12 PM

I think the plastic serves two purposes. Less freeze down and less momentum induced injury due to lighter weight.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/13/22 12:08 AM

That certainly is a unique looking trap.I know O Gorman put Conibear style springs on his Big Iron beaver traps at one point,but I've never saw composite jaws on anything.I wonder if that $119.95 price tag is Canadian
Posted By: uncleduck

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/13/22 12:40 AM

Has anyone ever ordered one of the Rudy footholds?
Posted By: trapperchris

Re: Ouell Rudy Traps - 01/13/22 12:54 AM

I ordered 2 of the 330 size after I saw the ad. They remind me of the old Species Specific body grippers. Not terribly impressed with the swivels, their big fishing looking swivels. That being said, I've yet to set or use one yet. Figured I'd use one and put the other in the collector pile for the time being. Haven't seen the foothold yet.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums