Home

Garmin Livescope

Posted By: trapperkeck

Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 02:27 AM

Took my buddy's livescope out on the ice yesterday. It sure makes a difference when you can stay on the school, even if they aren't biting well. Ten is the limit and I could have kept my limit, but I only wanted to clean enough for a meal for the two of us.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 04:07 AM

Nice, them livesvopes are sweet.....
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 01:05 PM

I have one, I got it first part of Dec. I still havent used it. But did send it to Lake of the Wood with a coworker.

Hope he has good luck with it.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 01:18 PM

I just got one for Christmas. It's really amazing.
Posted By: K52

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 01:23 PM

My buddy that I fish with has one and they can really help you find and stay on the fish. The down side is he gets mesmerized watching his lure trying to catch that one fish. I tell him he has turned into a video fisherman. I’ve seen the same thing with other people with live scopes.

One lake my son & I spider rig on for crappie has a lot of people with Live Scopes on their boat fishing for crappie. Whiles we troll through the schools we’ll pick up the active ones and get our baits in front of a lot more fish. We see people with the live scopes try to catch a particular fish, just glued to that screen. We invariably end up with more fish, because we cover more water and find more schools.

The Live Scope can be a great tool but don’t let it turn your fishing into playing a video game!
Posted By: Kre

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by K52
My buddy that I fish with has one and they can really help you find and stay on the fish. The down side is he gets mesmerized watching his lure trying to catch that one fish. I tell him he has turned into a video fisherman. I’ve seen the same thing with other people with live scopes.

One lake my son & I spider rig on for crappie has a lot of people with Live Scopes on their boat fishing for crappie. Whiles we troll through the schools we’ll pick up the active ones and get our baits in front of a lot more fish. We see people with the live scopes try to catch a particular fish, just glued to that screen. We invariably end up with more fish, because we cover more water and find more schools.

The Live Scope can be a great tool but don’t let it turn your fishing into playing a video game!

This is very true. Sometimes you can see a lot of fish and they just won't bite. Or, you spend way too much time trying to find what they want.

Excellent tools though. Very expensive.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 02:15 PM

Crappies in the winter, that's some of the best eating there is right there!
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 02:38 PM

My buddy was just telling me about them last night...he ordered one a couple days ago. Should be fun
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by K52

wink
Posted By: jk

Re: Garmin Livescope - 01/14/22 02:47 PM

Describe it use please, thanks......jk
© 2024 Trapperman Forums