Home

Boston Baked Beans !

Posted By: Nessmuck

Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 04:49 PM

[Linked Image]

Beans on !! Done in 6-8 hours ,on low. Using the crock pot today. [Linked Image]

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 04:50 PM

I leave the salt out…..that salt pork has plenty . Don’t ask me how I know this…lol
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 05:09 PM

I don't have any salt pork and don't feel like going to town. I wonder how ham would work? Would that be weird? lol

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I don't have any salt pork and don't feel like going to town. I wonder how ham would work? Would that be weird? lol

Bacon works too

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 05:13 PM

I do have some bacon. Think I'll make this tomorrow. Gonna be a cold snowy day and this will go good with whatever meat I decide to make tomorrow night.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 07:23 PM

Yup, that'll get the old blood sugar going real nice. Looks good, tho.
Posted By: Squaretimber

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 08:06 PM

I do have some bacon. Think I'll make this tomorrow. Gonna be a cold snowy day and this will go good with whatever meat I decide to make tomorrow night.

It snows in MS?
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Squaretimber

It snows in MS?

if they have 2 inches of snow in MS, they would probably declare a State of Emergency; and shut everything down !!

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/15/22 09:05 PM

2" is what we're supposed to get. No salt trucks or plows here so the snow just gets packed down into ice.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 01:40 AM

[Linked Image]

All Done….and came out excellent !
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 01:48 AM

Looks yummmy!!!!! Guessing you'll be sleeping in da barn eating all of dem beans.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 01:51 AM

I made Beenie Weenie last night for dinner.

Bush’s baked beans doctored with brown sugar, ketchup, a dot of mustard, and a package of Nathan’s beef weenies cut into coins.

Trashy, but good! Yum!

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
Looks yummmy!!!!! Guessing you'll be sleeping in da barn eating all of dem beans.

Iam giving out free Covid tests here…if anyone needs one. It’s a rapid test too….if you can smell my farts ,your Covid free !
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
[Linked Image]

All Done….and came out excellent !

That looks amazing! great before and after pics
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:40 AM

Ever tried cutting the water? I prefer the "soup" bit thicker myself
Posted By: charles

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:55 AM

Don’t want sugary stuff in my beans.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:57 AM

Baked beans are dessert!

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Ever tried cutting the water? I prefer the "soup" bit thicker myself

It will be thicker in the morning…aftah sitting in the fridge ovah night
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 06:06 AM

Did you make it in a crock pot ? Cause if you did they are not baked and they are not made in Boston grin
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 10:53 AM

Only way to make them better is to trim up a hind quarter from a beaver and put in the bottom of the pot, good stuff.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:27 PM

Can you show the rest of that recipe?

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 02:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Just google this …for the recipe

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 04:17 PM

I just realized, while making these, that's there's no tomato anything in them. I don't know about that! LOL. I made them as the recipe says and we'll see I guess.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 04:51 PM

I just realized, while making these, that's there's no tomato anything in them. I don't know about that! LOL. I made them as the recipe says and we'll see I guess.

Just don’t have too much water ovah the beans …..check them every hour ,to make sure they don’t dry out….just enough water to cover them..or you’ll end up with soup. Did you put “real maple syrup “ in…I hope.
Posted By: run

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 10:48 PM

Looks great to me, nessmuck.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 11:03 PM

Of course I used real maple syrup, lol. Tried them after 6.5 hours on low and beans are still rock hard. But the flavor was good. Plenty of liquid so bumped them up to high.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 11:11 PM

Of course I used real maple syrup, lol. Tried them after 6.5 hours on low and beans are still rock hard. But the flavor was good. Plenty of liquid so bumped them up to high.

Did you soak the beans ovah night ? …And did you par boil them for like 10 minutes ?

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/16/22 11:12 PM

Did you soak the beans ovah night ? …And did you par boil them for like 10 minutes ?

Soaked them over night but didn't parboil.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 01:22 AM

They done yet ?

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:08 AM

Nope! After two hours more on high, I dumped them into the Instant Pot. 10 minutes. Still hard. Fifteen minutes more. Still hard. By then everything else was ready so I said screw it. We ate. Dumped them back in the Instant Pot for 40 minutes. Either they'll cook, or they'll burn one and at this point I don't care, lol.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:18 AM

Nope! After two hours more on high, I dumped them into the Instant Pot. 10 minutes. Still hard. Fifteen minutes more. Still hard. By then everything else was ready so I said screw it. We ate. Dumped them back in the Instant Pot for 40 minutes. Either they'll cook, or they'll burn one and at this point I don't care, lol.

Navy beans is what I use…

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:41 AM

Not sure what these were... some kind of small white bean. Maybe Great Northern? Last round in the IP and they came out still hard but tasting burnt, lol. Dogs will eat well tomorrow. I'm going to try again but going to boil the beans soft FIRST, then add the other ingredients.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:45 AM

Not sure what these were... some kind of small white bean. Maybe Great Northern? Last round in the IP and they came out still hard but tasting burnt, lol. Dogs will eat well tomorrow. I'm going to try again but going to boil the beans soft FIRST, then add the other ingredients.

You sure you didn’t have a bag of rocks ….
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:46 AM

You sure you didn’t have a bag of rocks ….

X2

I suggest canned beans next round. Want my recipe? They are excellent.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:53 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ There not beans if they have any type of tomato in it
Posted By: run

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:56 AM

It's nice to hear from Angela. Sometimes I have some cooking issues too.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 02:57 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ There not beans if they have any type of tomato in it

Does ketchup count? laugh

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 03:00 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

[Linked Image]

You call that cooking ?

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 03:19 AM

No it's smoking. You can call it whatever you want but it's GOOOD!

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 03:23 AM

I would need some Tums …after eating those . And the sodium alone ,would kill me….lol

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 03:26 AM

I should of mentioned they aren't for girly guys who can't handle some spice. laugh

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 04:12 AM

My normal homemade baked bean recipe is similar to yours Jayme. Everyone always says they love them. I was just wanting to try something new today. I'm not admitting defeat yet! I'm gonna PC dried beans until they're almost done, then transfer them to the crockpot and try again,

My sourdough sandwich bread turned out pretty good though! Gonna toast some of that up in the morning and slather it with butter and homemade jam.

Re: Boston Baked Beans ! - 01/17/22 04:17 AM

My normal homemade baked bean recipe is similar to yours Jayme. Everyone always says they love them. I was just wanting to try something new today. I'm not admitting defeat yet! I'm gonna PC dried beans until they're almost done, then transfer them to the crockpot and try again,

My sourdough sandwich bread turned out pretty good though! Gonna toast some of that up in the morning and slather it with butter and homemade jam.

After the beans soak ovah night….I just par boil them for 5 minutes…or until you can blow the skin off them a little. No need to turn them to mush.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums