Home

Tool/bait field bags

Posted By: Jetmec

Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 10:42 AM

Just curious what other people are doing for keeping baits/lures separate from traps and setting tools etc.
currently I’m using a 5gal bucket with a bucket organizer for my property and toss it into back of my side by side.
Would like to come up with something more portable for setting a line on public lands.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 10:54 AM

I have an old soft sided cooler. Bait and urine in the cooler compartment fox lures on one end coyote on the other in the zippered pockets and miscellaneous in a front pocket. It has a shoulder strap and handle and smells awful lol.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:00 AM

are you going to walk?

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:00 AM

I could imagine how great that thing smells LOL! Soft sided cooler is a pretty good idea. Does it help
With keeping lures and urine from freezing? I won’t even dare think about bringing that stuff into my basement out of fear for what the wife would do…..

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:01 AM

Yes, not allowed to have motorized vehicles on state land here in communist NY….
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:25 AM

If you want to go cheap get you a square 5 gallon plastic bucket, make some straps from a broke camp chair seat/back. just pop rivet them on. flat side is lots more comfortable against your back. take a gambrel with you so you can easy skin and only carry out pelts or plews and glands or whatever. Pop rivet smaller plastic containers on the outside/inside for lure or whatever.

When I was a kid I rode a bicycle. Had a paper route. I dont know where you could find them today, but the canvass bags that went on the handlebars were great for trapping. Been seeing electric bikes for sale. As I understand it they are legal in no motor areas. I think you could easy put something together for one of those bikes.
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:50 AM

I use Husky Bags from THD- I prefer the shoulder strap style for setting and remakes, Electrician style bag for bait/lure and contractor style for set making. I also mounted a fanny pack to my pack basket for beaver trapping if walking longer distances,

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:52 AM

Great idea with the E-Bike Danny👍🏻. I’m not very proficient at skinning just yet as I’m so afraid of putting holes in hides. I would have to pack a lunch if I was going to do that LOL
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:52 AM

if you go electric bike, make sure the size of the motor complies with state land regs. in PA, some e-bikes are okay (SOME places), while others are not.
Posted By: 7887mm08

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 11:59 AM

Hate to say it but an old womens pocket book works great
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 01:14 PM

There's all kinds of predator trapping bags out there made got this purpose. Usually carry traps; n the pack basket wnd tools go in my predator bag.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 03:18 PM

I've been useing a 6 gal bucket with external canvas tool belt round it for 40+ years. If it's not broken don't fix it. Just my opinion, others are free to have their own.
Case
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Tool/bait field bags - 01/16/22 03:59 PM

[Linked Image]

Got this tote on trap shed from fellow tman member. Much easier to carry than a darn five gallon bucket like I did for decades. For coyotes I'm only setting a couple per location and can carry those in one gloved hand, tote in other. Tote has a divider in middle so bait and lure on one half, tools on other.
Works just fine and caught plenty of coyotes. My traps have bullet anchors on cable. After setting dont need to carry my heavy hammer and driver daily to check so swapped out for a light 16 oz claw hammer to redig beds after catches. The drill and auger have been a real time saver too.
Milk jug is clean and full of sifted waxed dirt. That gets stashed in weeds nearby for easy to grab at remakes and don't have to carry it daily either.
Jim
© 2024 Trapperman Forums