Home

Stink bonanza!

Posted By: Law Dog

Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:39 PM

Landowner called today said I had 2 skunks at his house that he houses his summer workers at. I had a double a few days ago there, so I get there and I had a triple he missed the one by the A/C unit next to the deck. One had huge set of sacks, one large sacks the other average sacks. All big Pepes seldom get small ones during the winter here.

Tapped the sacks and started with a new 4oz bottle to get a accurate measurement of what they had in them. I ended up filling the new 4oz topped off another 4oz and still had some to start a new bottle. Almost 5oz from 3 skunks but we have some big skunks here I’m still surprised they are carrying that much stink they must getting ready for the spring nesting wars. LOL

Tough keeping track but that’s 15-16 in the last 10-14 days I’ll take all I can get this year the pelts are sellable so with the skulls and pods they re worth more them a yote this year will easier skinning. Love the warm ups during the winter months it gets them out and about.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:41 PM

Way to go LD!
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:42 PM

Good going buddy
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:44 PM

Good deal.Having one for a pet is on my bucket list.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:47 PM

Nice catch.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 07:52 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying your pepe juice! That's what's nice with a rural acreage, eh?

Nice colors for those Dakota stinkers. I usually have ones with yellow-white stripes. I had 3 skunk skulls under a backyard spruce tree from last season getting cleaned up but when I looked this fall, they were gone. Too many neighborhood house cats walking around here...

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 08:00 PM

If they had better stripes with less of a beige color tint they would be selects then the pelts would be top dollar but I have markets for them lucky we have huge skunks.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 08:17 PM

Those are nice, your skunks do look like bear cubs, especially when you walk up on your lab in some grass and she is eye to eye with a biggun!! I called her over to me and no problems but I have been out there when guys in a Suburban with a dog got sprayed, not good. It was a rental!!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 09:37 PM

Nice big skunks and what a haul of essence.
Them are nice stripes too.
Posted By: jk

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 10:10 PM

Law Dog you said if they had white......boy those are WHITE compared to most of the ones around here......jk

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 10:28 PM

White yes but beige worked into them.

Beige
[Linked Image]

White on the left.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Actor

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/16/22 11:43 PM

Good looking critters Law Dog... I think everyone around my area has skunk problems, but considering I don't have a truck or an outside facility to skin them .... I tell them NOPE I Want anything to do with them.

Garry-

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/17/22 02:46 AM

I can’t get enough of them myself but I understand it’s not for everyone. I’m just set up to handle them and the wife is not bothered by them.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/17/22 04:00 AM

After my son caught one last year, wifey said, NO MORE! I caught one around Thanksgiving, and after a day in the shade, it didn't stink at all, so I skun it. Could have gotten lucky though.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/17/22 10:49 AM

WTG cuz, $$$ smile
Posted By: Mac

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/17/22 12:45 PM

Nice.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Stink bonanza! - 01/17/22 10:45 PM

My wife would leave me if I did skunks, lol 😆
© 2024 Trapperman Forums