Home

What a mess

Posted By: Tactical.20

What a mess - 01/17/22 03:34 AM

Floor done wrong too many times, too many years.
Way to many layers of wax, dirty wax from improperly prepared floor, too thick of wax coats [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I am completely done in
Some people don't know what they are doing or don't care
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 03:56 AM

Interesting. I bet you notice all the floors in whatever building you enter, and most folks like me won't take a bit of notice unless its sticky or real slick.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:26 AM

What a mess

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:32 AM

Your right, I see a lot of dirty carpet and ect,

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
What a mess

It really sucks when it is deep, or thick wax, our courthouse is even deeper, I won't do any work there anymore

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
Your right, I see a lot of dirty carpet and ect,

Carpet is different for me at least in restaurants, I do notice it. I was referring more to the tile floors. My wife says the guys that do her school floors notice every little scuff too.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:44 AM

Truck stop?

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Truck stop?

Lumber yard in town
Posted By: adam m

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:21 AM

That is a mess.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Truck stop?

Lumber yard in town

If you're a contractor, I wish you the best...if you work for the lumber yard, you deserve a raise! God Bless!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:56 AM

I hope you didn't beat yourself up too bad doing that floor. Now I know how come you like tooling around on your 4-wheeler with the dog chasing those northern Iowan yoders grin grin

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
I hope you didn't beat yourself up too bad doing that floor. Now I know how come you like tooling around on your 4-wheeler with the dog chasing those northern Iowan yoders grin grin

Trust me lol, I would much rather dig my ATV out of deep snow than do this stuff!
I normally make 50-100$ an hour, I probably got 25$ this time

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 02:08 PM

I've done floors n carpet for 33 years now, it looked so bad this time I might think an employee had tried to wax it
My back hurt so bad the knee and bad heel pain were hardly noticeable
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 02:14 PM

Even the karate kid would have problems with that.......lol

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 02:18 PM

I was so tired when I finished it I forgot to take after pictures, I'll try today when I drop off the key, it would be nice to not have numb hands, it's really bad for days after this kind of work

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:54 PM

I was so tired when I finished it I forgot to take after pictures, I'll try today when I drop off the key, it would be nice to not have numb hands, it's really bad for days after this kind of work

Sounds like you need to hire a "helper" pay them $18 an hour or so and make them use that scraper. Pretty easy work for a young guy with a strong back.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 04:57 PM

Soon all those floors and carpets will be in the past or at least when you want to do a few at your convenience AND price grin

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Sounds like you need to hire a "helper" pay them $18 an hour or so and make them use that scraper. Pretty easy work for a young guy with a strong back.

Yup if I knew of someone

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 05:33 PM

I did the stripper, scraping 4 times where it was deep, almost got it all
Most jobs I use a dry machine to remove the wax, it didn't do good enough two years ago, the dry machine is less work and time normally
Posted By: Cattrax

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 08:38 PM

Don't envy you on that!!

Re: What a mess - 01/17/22 10:43 PM

I didn't think it would take more than two strips because I hit it hard a couple years ago with my big dry machine, someone added a lot of dirty wax last time
© 2024 Trapperman Forums