Home

Sportsman's terminated

Posted By: adam m

Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 08:43 PM

The deal with Bass pro

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 08:49 PM

That's good news. We had a Sportsman's Warehouse in our area that closed its doors.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 09:04 PM

We needed a new vacuum sealer last week. Called around and Sportsman had the type we wanted. I went to the area where they were and it was loaded with sealers, lots of them and all kind of sealing and wrapping supplies. It was great!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 09:14 PM

I like Sportsman's Wearhouse
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 09:47 PM

Wish we had one here
Posted By: trappinia

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 11:41 PM

This makes me happy .
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by trappinia
This makes me happy .

Me too
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 11:54 PM

I think it's good news. Wondering though, after the announcement their stock dropped. Why is that?
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 11:55 PM

Closest one to us is 75 miles. They are where I go for reloading supplies as none of the smaller shops around stock anything.
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/17/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Wish we had one here

There is still one near the Anoka Menards. Opposite end of the shopping complex from the one that was there years ago. it is about half the size of the originals
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 12:06 AM

I like dealing with Sportsman's Warehouse far better than Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop. As far as I'm concerned, Cabela's quality has steadily went downhill after being taken over by BPS.
Posted By: Thumb Catcher

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 04:47 AM

They were going to get bought out for 18 a share, they didn't meet 4th quarter earnings and I say my guess bass pro realized they over offered and they backed out-- from the stock review I read.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 04:53 AM

Theres one in my town. I live in the heart of great walleye, crappie, and salmon fishing. All they carry is trout stuff. Complained to the manager and she told me HQ in salt lake decides what they carry. It will be shuttered in 2 years.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 05:07 AM

Bass pro would have ruined it just as it did Cabelas! Best thing that could have happened for fans of Sportsman’s Warehouse!
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Theres one in my town. I live in the heart of great walleye, crappie, and salmon fishing. All they carry is trout stuff. Complained to the manager and she told me HQ in salt lake decides what they carry. It will be shuttered in 2 years.

The corporate world is a mess isn't it -- --- ---- support your local smaller businesses. I didn't like it when bass pro bought cabellas or the merger of sportsmans. I don't like that 90% of our ammo manufacturers are tied up under one mega corp. --------- not good for the industry as a whole.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I think it's good news. Wondering though, after the announcement their stock dropped. Why is that?

Originally Posted by Thumb Catcher
They were going to get bought out for 18 a share, they didn't meet 4th quarter earnings and I say my guess bass pro realized they over offered and they backed out-- from the stock review I read.

This. SW was trading below $10 when BP tendered an offer at 18. Once the deal was cancelled SW has reverted back to its market worth as a stand alone company
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Might be because it wasn’t Sportsman’s or Bassabellas. The FTC and some of that pesky antitrust nonsense. The penalty is a payout to Sportsman’s.

Owl
Posted By: EdP

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 12:37 PM

Good news all around IMO. We need competition in the outdoor product industry.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 12:42 PM

AWESOME! SW is a major vendor for us while Bass Pro is a tough nut. BP = Fishing. Fishing. Fish. Fish stuff.
Trapping? What?

wink
Posted By: bandy

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 12:57 PM

I've got to go to Roanoke next month for a doctor's appointment. I will have to stop and pick up a few things always liked the store.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Sportsman's terminated - 01/18/22 01:07 PM

They left SD before i ever dealt with them but i ordered a trapping dvd from them for cheap and it was broken upon arrival. I called them and they replaced it immediately. I hope they come back and tell Cabelas/Bass Pro where to shove it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums