Home

Found gold at Walmart

Posted By: jbyrd63

Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 07:28 PM

My wife wasn’t happy but I loaded her vehicle down with redneck gold ! Cheap !
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 07:29 PM

Yes 50 lb bags
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 07:31 PM

Nice
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 07:46 PM

That's slightly cheaper than the current market price per bushel of $5.80 per 56 pounds, especially with the 20 cent profit fee.

Keith
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 07:50 PM

I'm sure I saw it at $9.00 per bag in The Walmart here.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 08:44 PM

Yea 8.90 at rural king. It was 10.bucks there last week. I wanted more but by the time I found a worker to get the pallet jack the buzzards had already carried it off.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 08:50 PM

Good deal. I just paid 9.99 for a 50 pound bag at our local feed store. As I am typing this the deer are at the pile right now.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 08:55 PM

$12/ hundred lbs at a couple of local farms here.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 09:28 PM

You going to do anything with it besides feed the deer or chickens?

We don't have a "feeding the deer on purpose" culture up here so it takes some effort to wrap my head around buying "deer corn". I do sell "squirrel" ear corn to people in town who want to feed the tree rats. My organic hoarder farmer friend of mine saves me some rows to hand pick. He gets a cut of the action...
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 10:39 PM

You could pick that up for free in Iowa. Just ask a farmer to clean up the pile they dump where they load semis in the field drives. Piles will sit there all winter until animals clean them up, sometimes never touched. Bring some garbage cans or totes.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 10:44 PM

Moonshine??
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 10:59 PM

Check it for fleas, don't want the Wallnut Grove plague all over LOL.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner
You could pick that up for free in Iowa. Just ask a farmer to clean up the pile they dump where they load semis in the field drives. Piles will sit there all winter until animals clean them up, sometimes never touched. Bring some garbage cans or totes.

Yea but gas is too high for me to drive that far !

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 11:24 PM

Yes I’m going to feed the does and hopefully they will birth on my little 40 acres I bought We have to stop March 1st because of those trashy turkeys. FW think people bait turkeys even tho every field is full of them
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/22/22 11:41 PM

Where you at jbyrd? I don’t hardly see any in Allen county.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:02 AM

the must have realized how many other states that is illegal in and sent it to you cheap.

no feeding here , just about the whole Midwest is no bait
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:05 AM

Never considered feeding deer. They find plenty to eat on their own around here.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Never considered feeding deer. They find plenty to eat on their own around here.

well Iowa DNR would just write you a ticket for it any way.

Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

True!
Posted By: Roger Ringgold

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:19 AM

Check your bags. Our local Walmarts all sell corn in 40 lb bags. It may not be the bargain you thought.
Posted By: Trapper Don

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 12:25 AM

Did you get sugar for the mash?
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Yes 50 lb bags

Originally Posted by Roger Ringgold
Check your bags. Our local Walmarts all sell corn in 40 lb bags. It may not be the bargain you thought.

Google only shows that brand in 40# bags...

[Linked Image]

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:42 AM

Ok IF it was 40 lb bags isn’t 5.50 cheaper than 7.95 ???
But I just went out in 11 degrees dropped the tailgate and took this pic just for you !!!
So now was it a bargain ?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:44 AM

Not a bargain for me. I live in Iowa. laugh Glad you had to go outside in the cold too. grin Did you stub your toe or anything?

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:45 AM

So both you can stay awake knowing you didn’t prove me wrong !!
SORRY!!
Lol
Lol
Lol

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:47 AM

Oh so they give it away in IOWA
Glad to hear that So how much is it in Iowa?
Got pics to prove it ? Weight ? Cost ?
One comment was that’s cheaper than current market value Thanks fir letting me know I got took on my corn purchase

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:51 AM

All I have to do is ask any of my many farmer friends, come get all you need,,, but I don't need it. I don't bait deer and I don't make moonshine. I hope you stubbed your toe. LOL

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Don’t live in Iowa but google says you can feed them but not during season I don’t feed during season and HAVE never hunted over a corn pile unless you count 220 acre corn field
Posted By: hippie

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 04:01 AM

Its highly discouraged by our game comm. because of cwd.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 04:08 AM

i thought the new Multi state CWD doctrine addressed no feeding so that you don't concentrate deer on artificial feed and spread disease

aren't you about ready to start mowing the lawn again down there any day now ?

here corn messes with their gut this time of year they need to keep to the high fiber low carb diet maybe it is different down south
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 04:18 AM

In NE you can feed corn to deer so long as your stand isn't within 200' of the pile.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 04:30 AM

I put out a couple bags last week. I feed them and 8ther wild life ftom jan-may to help them throught the slim picking time of year. Helps the pregnant doe's stay healthy and the bucks tired from rut. Also keeps them on our farme more
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 05:05 AM

Don't know about Kentucky , but if you know a grain farmer close by .
Ask them if you can scrape up the corn spilled when loading a truck .
Once it hits the ground , it's not worth it for them to pick it up .
I picked up 4 55 gallon barrels at two different spills .
Deer don't care if there's some dirt in it .
The ones I know will even give you directions to the spill .
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 05:48 AM

[quote][All I have to do is ask any of my many farmer friends, come get all you need,,, but I don't need it. I don't bait deer and I don't make moonshine. /quote]

ADC- a person can always expand their thinking. Never thought about distilling in my younger years but it good to know people in certain places at this point in life... wink
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 06:39 AM

Ok IF it was 40 lb bags isn’t 5.50 cheaper than 7.95 ???
But I just went out in 11 degrees dropped the tailgate and took this pic just for you !!!
So now was it a bargain ?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Always fun to get a deal !!!
Don't let them bug you too much!
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

Yea but gas is too high for me to drive that far !

You can see some big deer though.
Posted By: run

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 10:55 AM

I have seen feed spills at the local feed mill, but I didn't ask about if I could clean it up. I'm not as desperate for corn as Jbyrd63 yet.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 11:19 AM

I'm going to have to look to see what ours is selling it for. That's if they have any. Elk shed hunting season is getting ready to start and people will be starting to feed soon to get them coming in. That does seem like a good deal from previous years here.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 08:28 PM

Just got back from WallyMart. I looked at the corn there. $10.97 for a 30 lb bag. It's the same manufacturer, but the bag was different.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005
Where you at jbyrd? I don’t hardly see any in Allen county.

Somerset
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 09:22 PM

Our local corn is around $16 a hundred. I go through about 1200lbs or so each year just feeding it to my "Yard Cranes" (Sandhill Cranes that nest in my marsh) and tweety birds. The squirrels eat a bunch of it too. We are not able to feed deer here in the Lower Peninsula on account of CWD. That includes baiting AND "recreational" feeding near your house just to watch them. My Bride and I used to do it all winter, supplemented with a 1/2 ton of sugar beets as well. I enjoy the heck out of feeding the various beasts, birds, etc. No mash making here since my Grandad was put out of the 'shine business when my grandmother poured kerosene in his mash......he was taste testing to goods too much.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/23/22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Patrick
Moonshine??
That's what I was thinking, too. What kind of price on yeast?
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 03:39 PM

Well at the Walmart my wife works at they just put the corn on sell its not 50lb sacks just 40lb but I sure don't think I can beat 2 dollars a sack anywhere else. I can't decide if I want all 10 pallets to resell or leave some.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Well at the Walmart my wife works at they just put the corn on sell its not 50lb sacks just 40lb but I sure don't think I can beat 2 dollars a sack anywhere else. I can't decide if I want all 10 pallets to resell or leave some.

Careful some on here will wish bad things on you for gouging your fellow hunters !! I sold something to a PAWN shop and was called all kinds of hurtful things. But I think it was jealousy coming out or maybe they are just B holes...
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 04:34 PM

Careful some on here will wish bad things on you for gouging your fellow hunters !! I sold something to a PAWN shop and was called all kinds of hurtful things. But I think it was jealousy coming out or maybe they are just B holes...

Maybe He was going to sell for less and everyone would think him a hero

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 05:14 PM

I actually agree with Jbyrd63 for once.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 05:18 PM

When we have a lot of deep snow around here, like this year, our sportsman's club puts out cob corn feeders mostly for pheasants. But, the deer hit the feeders too, I guess.
Baiting for deer during hunting season is illegal here too.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 05:33 PM

Good point but I asked what a few guys would pay for a bag of corn they said 7 dollars I said how bout 5. So they set the price not me.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 05:38 PM

You making some squeezins? That's a lot of corn for anything else.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 05:55 PM

When I feed deer I would feed around 200lb a week
Originally Posted by Kre

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 06:09 PM

When I feed deer I would feed around 200lb a week
Originally Posted by Kre

Deer must have a terribly tough time down there if you have to feed them that much.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 06:48 PM

Well they have plenty to eat people just feed deer down here. It nice to see how the antlers grow and progress from year to year. Kinda like bird watching dont make much sense but plenty of dumb people do it.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 06:54 PM

Around here if you don’t feed them they move to the neighbors and eat from there feeder We aren’t thousands of acres of beans and corn around my little spot
Western part of the state is different and there it’s unlimited does

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 07:15 PM

I drove 9 miles and back last night to a neighboring town just before dark, saw no less than 200 deer. A couple huge herds of them and lots of 5-10 groups. I hope no one here is feeding them, driving at night is like running a gauntlet.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I drove 9 miles and back last night to a neighboring town just before dark, saw no less than 200 deer. A couple huge herds of them and lots of 5-10 groups. I hope no one here is feeding them, driving at night is like running a gauntlet.

People down that way must be well fed to let 200 deer just roam around and in the roads.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 08:41 PM

Some do

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 09:00 PM

People down that way must be well fed to let 200 deer just roam around and in the roads.

People who want to eat deer around here don't have any trouble getting all they want.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 09:39 PM

Around here if you don’t feed them they move to the neighbors and eat from there feeder

I'd let the neighbors feed them...or they'd have to fend for themselves, like they should.

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/25/22 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Originally Posted by Ed Patrick
Moonshine??
That's what I was thinking, too. What kind of price on yeast?

grin
I don't drink but that's funny

Re: Found gold at Walmart - 01/26/22 02:24 AM

Deer must have a terribly tough time down there if you have to feed them that much.[/quote]
My thought as well.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums