Home

Suppressors

Posted By: Cougarw

Suppressors - 01/26/22 02:29 AM

Hey guys, haven't been on here for awhile but I need help from experts. I'd like to save what hearing I have left and looking for a suppressor for calling. What do you all recomend. I'd like a multi cal from .30 on down.
Thank.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 02:51 AM

https://www.silencercentral.com/products/banish-30/
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 02:53 AM

A license…….
Reloading Dara…
Posted By: alann

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:09 AM

Thunderbeast
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:40 AM

Im happy with my supressed armorment systems arbitor.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:43 AM

If'n you but a Mack Bros silencer, My son will have touched it.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 04:02 AM

Dead Air Nomad
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cougarw
Hey guys, haven't been on here for awhile but I need help from experts. I'd like to save what hearing I have left and looking for a suppressor for calling. What do you all recomend. I'd like a multi cal from .30 on down.
Thank.

It depends way more than just the caliber to be honest with you. Do you have a standard weight bullet you are going to be shooting? Do you just want to take the crack out of a supersonic shot or will you be shooting subsonic rounds? Is the firearm a semi auto, bolt action, lever action? I don't mean to play 20 questions, but these are all things I would ask if you asked me to make a suppressor.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 05:44 AM

https://www.griffinarmament.com/30sd-k-7-62mm-qd-silencer/ for the .30’s down to .556. No barrel length restrictions for its use.

Rimfire specific cans are much better suited to the .22/.17 hosts than a multi cal. due to size/weight. https://deadairsilencers.com/products/mask/

Posted By: garyll1959

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot

This^^^. To my ears, the best one I've used or been around. Got another one in the works now. Their 30 cal. can is quieter on a 5.56 than another well known dedicated 5.56 can is, at least to my ears.
Posted By: washxc

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 11:55 AM

x2 on the Banish 30. I can't say I've used other brands, but I am using the Banish on all my calibers and am very pleased.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 12:33 PM

30 cal yankee hill machine phantom m2 for me. Idk if they still make them or not. I would look at the above recommended stuff. I have used gemtech and dead air suppressors before. They all do good. Some may be slightly better than others but you probably would need a machine to tell you the difference. I have a quick detach system for mine, it is nice however buying a 75 dollar brake/mount for each rifle is expensive. i may have went with a direct thread on and used some adaptors if i did it again.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 12:42 PM

I would order soon if you want to use it this year.Still waiting on mine from silencer central orderd 8 months ago.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 12:57 PM

I was at a gunshow a few weeks ago and the salesman for Silencer Central was telling a guy that Coyotes dont even hear the rifle go off. Any time he calls in multiples they just stand there. I didn't walk over and say anything, just shook my head and walked away. I have heard many rifles with silencer on them and you do hear them. If shooting subsonic round that different. Also i shooting a AR-15 you have the rifle cycling that makes a lot of noise.
Posted By: schweg2

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 02:18 PM

Check out silencer co Hybrid model.
Posted By: e4mo

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:16 PM

I've got 3 silencers (waiting on my 4th), and I think it's kind of like comparing pickup trucks. They've all got slightly different features but will do basically the same thing (get you down below 130dB).
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:25 PM

Is it a big deal to put one on a Ruger varmit barrel , and also have it fit a regular barrel ?
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 03:38 PM

SilencerCo Hybrid
Posted By: Machias

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 04:55 PM

Ordered my first one last July. I think I may order my second one with the new E form and probably get it before I get my first one.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Suppressors - 01/26/22 08:01 PM

Why do you have to purchase a license for a suppressor?
Posted By: Cougarw

Re: Suppressors - 01/27/22 02:21 AM

The questions you ask is what I'm trying to learn before I buy. I would like to put it in my bolts or AR guns. If I cant get max performance I will buy what I need for both. More than likely it will be on a bolt .223 and an AR .223. Would like to put on my 3006 deer rifle also if I can but not necessary.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Suppressors - 01/27/22 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by seniortrap
Why do you have to purchase a license for a suppressor?

Its not a license its a $200 tax stamp. Part of The NFA law.

I would not ever buy a .223 can for my first supressor. Its to limiting and you will not notice any extra supression.

Get a .30 cal can for your first one and use it on everything. Wait tell your next several befor you limit yourself.

The AR platform sucks for supression also you will probably need to add an adjustiable gas block to help with being over gas and reduce gas in your face.

Decibal reduction # only tell part of the story. Tone and pitch play a big part. A can can meter a little louder but may sound quiter to your ear. Deep tone will sound more quiet than a higher pitch. Yet the higher pitch may meter more quietly.

NFA talk is a good place for info. Tons of independent meter data on thst sight. Some taken at my farm. I host an event most years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums