Home

Is it our turn?

Posted By: Big Possum

Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 01:56 PM

Been an uneventful winter with little snow ( 5 inch) and some cold but not frigid weather. Looks like I am right on the edge of the 6-12 and 12-18 Inch line for the coming snow. Knowing the accuracy of our forecasts it will end up being a dusting. Worst looks to be south of me
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 01:58 PM

Stop talking about snow.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 01:58 PM

Calling for a good ice storm possible here. I reckon a power outage may occur towards the end of the week.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 02:00 PM

How far south BP? I’m in the middle of this communist state.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 02:02 PM

I hope it misses you'll and stays away from us.
Posted By: jk

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 02:07 PM

Come on snow!!!!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 03:15 PM

Hey Joe, good to see you're still kicking! Sure don't miss the snow up there... you can have my former share of it.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Stop talking about snow.

Lol....... grin
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 05:01 PM

I doubt it will be 4 inches. I was downriver yesterday having a cup of coffee and watching FOX news and they had coverage of some big snowstorm that was in Boston. The headline was" 2 foot of snow in Boston" The video of all this snow was maybe 6 inches. I am pretty familiar with what 2 foot of snow looks like. The video was not showing anywhere near 2 foot of snow.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 05:24 PM

Forecasting anywhere from 8-22 inches here. I will be pleasantly surprised if we even get 8. Hopefully it goes from rain to snow quickly. Ice and 35 mph winds will have power out in no time.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Is it our turn? - 01/31/22 11:22 PM

They say St. Louis will be dumped on pretty heavy.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Big Possum
Been an uneventful winter with little snow ( 5 inch) and some cold but not frigid weather. Looks like I am right on the edge of the 6-12 and 12-18 Inch line for the coming snow. Knowing the accuracy of our forecasts it will end up being a dusting. Worst looks to be south of me

Reported to miss me. Just to the south. Glad to hear you are out Joe.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 02:19 AM

Ok Jim, smile
Think I had better clarify your response so no one thinks I’ve been in jail. Lol. Had a couple surgeries the last couple of years that kept my trapping and other outdoor activities more limited than I would have thought. Ready for the tractor though if this snow happens.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 02:33 AM

Our area is looking to get very, very light snowfall the next week. We have had 4 snowfalls this winter that don't add up to more than 6 -8 inches of very dry light snow. We have been very dry since last September here. We need moisture but not hoping for a couple feet in a storm like some are getting.

Bryce
Posted By: Page

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 12:49 PM

The latest NOAA warning for Peoria County is calling for 5"-17" of snow tonight through Thursday...in other words, some form of precipitation is expected to come in some amount at some point lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big Possum
Ok Jim, smile
Think I had better clarify your response so no one thinks I’ve been in jail. Lol. Had a couple surgeries the last couple of years that kept my trapping and other outdoor activities more limited than I would have thought. Ready for the tractor though if this snow happens.

What cha do to get penned up?

whistle
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Is it our turn? - 02/01/22 01:17 PM

I am right in the 10 to 20 inches with high winds, should be fun digging out Friday with my Bobcat. Glad I am retired and don't have to plow the Airport runways anymore.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums