Home

Asian lady bugs

Posted By: VaBeagler

Asian lady bugs - 02/03/22 11:06 PM

Anybody know any secrets on keeping asian lady bugs out of the house? I must have built this house on the motherload.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/03/22 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by VaBeagler
Anybody know any secrets on keeping asian lady bugs out of the house? I must have built this house on the motherload.

Not sure on the remedy, but it sure seems they can fit through the smallest of pinholes. They'll fill a window. Got rid of every Box Elder tree because of those bugs, now have these in summer.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/03/22 11:40 PM

I don't think anything is 100%. Spray permetherin around all doors and windows. It will slow them down. The permetherin will leave a film on glass though.

They are horrible here in the summer, like a never ending invasion.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/03/22 11:42 PM

Rather have them then black flies grin
Posted By: JD Nichols

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/03/22 11:54 PM

I use "Tempo". I used to just spray around the doors and windows, now I spray the entire house minus the roof. Siding, doors, windows, soffit, facia, deck, and foundation.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 12:06 AM

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ortho-Ho...r-2-With-Comfort-Wand-1-33-Gal/173879184 - this stuff ever couple or three weeks around the foundation, all the windows and doors will do a great job, works on the boxelder bugs too.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 12:08 AM

It was -31 below here this morning and I still get those little buggers in the house every once in a while. I am afraid to look in the attic.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 12:17 AM

In my finest voice I sing: " Lady Bug, Lady Bug-Fly away! House is on fire and your children at play!"
Posted By: OKforester

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 01:29 AM

We usually just have them for a couple of weeks in the fall. The last couple of years we haven’t had many at all. Some years they are awful. Funny thing is many of the locals think the timber companies are releasing them to control pine beetles. Even had pest control guys telling people the timber companies were responsible.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JD Nichols
I use "Tempo". I used to just spray around the doors and windows, now I spray the entire house minus the roof. Siding, doors, windows, soffit, facia, deck, and foundation.

This is what we use also. Fall can be a real mess with them things. We have farmers with soybeans here every year and that might be the problem???
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 02:03 AM

The boxelders are all we have this fall and still into the Winter.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 02:10 AM

Y'all are wrong.
You need to go directly to the source.
Find out where that Asian lady lives...
Posted By: keets

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 02:38 AM

I got a guy that sprays for skeeters 2 times a year, and asian beetles once in early fall.....handles em pretty well
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 02:47 AM

Bugs or beetles.?
Depends on the season and the amount of aphids that build up in the soybean fields to feed the beetle larvae.

Just consider that ever Beetle larvae has eaten 10,000 aphids
What do you really want, sticky tree aphid sap going on your truck all summer= or one pesky beetle, well maybe a 1000 at a time.

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Y'all are wrong.

She bugs me...

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 03:29 AM

Used to only have an issue about 2 weeks a year. First warm week in spring and warm days in the fall. Sprayed Ortho Home Defense around the doors and windows. It worked great for 2 years. The few that came in were dead on the floor. Now nothing works and it's a year round problem.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Y'all are wrong.

She bugs me...

grin .....lol

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by JD Nichols

Thanks, I will try this. Wife just ordered it from Amazon.

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ortho-Ho...r-2-With-Comfort-Wand-1-33-Gal/173879184 - this stuff ever couple or three weeks around the foundation, all the windows and doors will do a great job, works on the boxelder bugs too.

Getting me some of this

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Rather have them then black flies grin

Crap we have them both....
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 12:00 PM

I use Tempo too. Night and day difference.

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 12:04 PM

The only bug that totally stresses me out, and I loose sleep over is the Gypsy moth....Other I can suffer through. Those in Northern Michigan can attest, they defoliated my entire hunting property last spring. Including every white pine, all my blue spruce Christmas trees everything. Except the Red pine/Norway pine. Most oaks and maples re leafed pines did not. Wish the Asian beetles attacked them gypsies...
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 01:17 PM

Treat the perimeter of your soffit and facia , exterior window frames where it touches the house and every other crack/crevice noticeable entry point. Like stated they are quite small and like flies,stink bugs and other insects most enter in common areas like mentioned. Cluster flies are best treated externally when activity is noticed and in the attic space on and around attic windows. They are photo sensitive/ attracted to light. It may take several seasons to get cluster flies under good control. Foggers are effective in tight space areas not easily accessable.

We generally treat homes/businesses and out buildings in Mid September in Pa. other climates may vary with the best time frame to achieve the best result. A common product that we use commercially is bifethrin a.i./ Talstar One. There are others you may get as a consumer just make sure the product is labeled for the intended specie. Wettable powder pesticides are quite effective for longer control.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 160user
It was -31 below here this morning and I still get those little buggers in the house every once in a while. I am afraid to look in the attic.

It was -18 here the other day,,and we found three of them Stink Bugs in the house.My wife don't like those. smile

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/04/22 08:02 PM

Flat glue traps work in certain locations

Re: Asian lady bugs - 02/05/22 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Jameson
Treat the perimeter of your soffit and facia , exterior window frames where it touches the house and every other crack/crevice noticeable entry point. Like stated they are quite small and like flies,stink bugs and other insects most enter in common areas like mentioned. Cluster flies are best treated externally when activity is noticed and in the attic space on and around attic windows. They are photo sensitive/ attracted to light. It may take several seasons to get cluster flies under good control. Foggers are effective in tight space areas not easily accessable.

We generally treat homes/businesses and out buildings in Mid September in Pa. other climates may vary with the best time frame to achieve the best result. A common product that we use commercially is bifethrin a.i./ Talstar One. There are others you may get as a consumer just make sure the product is labeled for the intended specie. Wettable powder pesticides are quite effective for longer control.

Thank you for the well informed reply. Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond. Mr. Jameson I think you nailed our problem. We have a two story house. We don't have attic storage but have kneewall attic storage. My 12 year old daughter went into her kneewall space tonight to retrieve a game and found a huddle of asian beatles on the sunny side of the house that contained 2000 beatles guessing conservatively. I need to treat the soffit in the fall
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums