I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 02:07 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Newt

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 02:19 PM

Ol' Possum Skinner
Sure do miss him.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 02:22 PM

He and Scott Painter were always a joy to visit with at the conventions. I miss him as well. Good trapper and lure maker.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 02:22 PM

Me too! I just opened a jar of some of his lure Last week that I’ve been holding.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 02:50 PM

I'll never forget the time at the Bland convention when he tasted my Skunky Backbreaker. I would never in a hundred years think someone would do that. He also tasted my cat essence. He said he had a really hard time getting that taste out of his mouth.
He was one of a kind, for sure, and I too miss him.
Posted By: GaTurkeyHunter

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 03:00 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what happened to him?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by GaTurkeyHunter
Excuse my ignorance, but what happened to him?

Passed away. If I remember right a heart attack
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 03:24 PM

He pestered me to no end to try his beaver lure on these lack luster summer beaver down here that won't come to anything. I hauled it around for weeks then remembered it at a spot that had zero sets to be had and rest is history, stuff worked better than any lure id ever tried on summer beaver, few years later he up and left this world and far as i know took the recipe with him.

Met up with him and Newt on their way to Tx. to film Newt's hog snaring video as they came through town, then again on their way back home. Lot's of laughs and he's dearly missed by all who ever met him.
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/04/22 03:43 PM

A good man--good memories !
Posted By: bandy

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 03:00 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ya that's for sure just got back from the funeral of another VA trapper here in my area 37 years old.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 03:23 AM

He had a very extensive mouse line for making bait !
Always was fun to listen to .
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 03:36 AM

He was the real deal. Talked with him at length at one of the Lima, Ohio NTAs.

I bought some of his liquid beaver lure (in an 8oz squirt bottle)....that stuff worked great. Wish I had a case of it.

RIP..PSkinny!!
Posted By: gwc

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 04:39 AM

I really miss talking to him too,super nice guy.I remember a couple times sittn up most of the night at the Md Convention listening to him and Scott Painter tell stories.Very down to earth too.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 04:40 AM

A lot of Tman members have passed away over the years. Pskinny probably hit me the hardest. And Belin. I think about them both often.

Still have 2 jars of Pskinny's beaver lures. The one J is talking about, and another called Headache.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 04:44 AM

P Skinny died way to young. It was kind of shocking.

Keith
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 05:01 AM

I have memories of him telling me his mice trapping secret formula saying, “peanut butter and cheese are for old women and girl scouts”.

Belin on the other hand slippin around the NCTA convention on Friday night with a big jug and some little dixie cups grinning sayin, “want some apple pie?”.

We have lost too many good ones that can never be replaced, PASS IT ON!

We are the only one’s that can do it!
Posted By: DWC

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 05:03 AM

That guy looks no older than my buddy who just passed. We used to do all night catfishing trips and talk on the phone regularly every couple weeks. I miss talking more than catfishing.

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 05:09 AM

Anyone remember P-Skinny doing the mouse skinning tutorial complete with pictures of skinning, fleshing and boarding a mouse. Lord that man didn’t have good sense.

I still have a bunch of his baits and lures and even one of his t-shirts.
I wear the shirt to conventions every now and then but nobody notices, his baits and lures are all sitting on a shelf
Because they were his.
Posted By: DWC

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 05:14 AM

What did he die of

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 08:33 AM

Heart attack

He was also famous for his constant smile
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 03:32 PM

He was also famous for his constant smile

haha, is there even a picture in existence of him smiling?

Oh lord, oh Belin, what a hoot he was, i remember him hugging maw cat with a piece of chalk in each hand, i had no clue what it was for as she didn't either, he said it was to mark a line on each side so he could hug her all the way around, hahahahaaha. YES he got attacked again for that comment. Was our CBA test dummy to try out new anti cat attack gadgets we came up as well, none worked of course, haha. A million laughs when he was around.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: I miss talking to this guy - 02/05/22 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leary Sink
Anyone remember P-Skinny doing the mouse skinning tutorial complete with pictures of skinning, fleshing and boarding a mouse. Lord that man didn’t have good sense.

I still have a bunch of his baits and lures and even one of his t-shirts.
I wear the shirt to conventions every now and then but nobody notices, his baits and lures are all sitting on a shelf
Because they were his.

I remember that plus all the online courting of Tsarvena. The guy was a riot around here back in the day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums