Home

Just Learned Our Sheriff

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 12:31 PM

Is going to testify in our state legislature regarding a bill addressing ghost guns.

He probably could use some prayer.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 12:41 PM

For or against?

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 12:48 PM

He favors the citizens‘ right to build a weapon to protect themselves.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 12:50 PM

If the supremes would do their job, and reiterate "shall not be infringed", you could buy a gun at the local bait store by just handing over the cash again.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If the supremes would do their job, and reiterate "shall not be infringed", you could buy a gun at the local bait store by just handing over the cash again.

His opinion is that not everybody can afford to purchase a gun, your right own one includes building one yourself.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 01:06 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
He favors the citizens‘ right to build a weapon to protect themselves.

Good
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 03:42 PM

one of the bills here proposed it be a felony for merely having or sharing the information , plans to build "untraceable ghost guns"

that is the most un American thing I have ever heard , simply drawing a sketch on a paper and never building it could be a felony , that is when you know what they are up to is NO good and not for safety.

Ideas should never be illegal !
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 04:07 PM

The ads I see for 80% lower kits are more expensive than just buying a stripped lower. Don't seem less expensive.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
The ads I see for 80% lower kits are more expensive than just buying a stripped lower. Don't seem less expensive.

there had been some sales on them in the past when demand was low , if you paid yourself basically anything for your time and didn't have 10 of them to amortize the tooling over it was a lot more expensive

however it is a great education
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper

Not everyone buys kits. Restrictions like this go way beyond that. Have know how and access to a shop and you can make anything.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 05:01 PM

You guys are still going to be able to build your own firearm, there just will be a serial number and record of who purchased it. Not any different from buying a gun from the local firearms store.

They could get this info now from the 80% manufacturers, just no serial number on it.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan
You guys are still going to be able to build your own firearm, there just will be a serial number and record of who purchased it. Not any different from buying a gun from the local firearms store.

They could get this info now from the 80% manufacturers, just no serial number on it.

You can't make guns to sell if you don't have a manufacturing license/sot. If you have that you would only sell through license dealers and they would be stamped with a # and background check Done at the time of sale.

There would still not be a record of a private party sale if you stamped a # on them. It's about controle and restrictions on your rights nothing more.

If you make them for your self ther is also no record so not like buying a gun from a shop.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 05:43 PM

You are correct Providence Farm, this thread wasn't about building firearms to sell though. There is already a very easy process to go through to accomplish just that, and in my opinion it's very reasonable. The FFL process is there for multiple reasons, and for me personally it's ensure that a firearm that somebody buys is put together correctly and if not there is somebody to hold accountable. Building most guns isn't like legos like a M4, building them is an art and takes an immense amount of practice, experience and know how to correctly function in a safe manner.

You can say that it's about control and restrictions, but it's no surprise that shootings with home built firearms are up. They still don't touch the massive amount of pistol deaths in the country which unfortunately gets ignored all too well because of the very thing that's occurring now, media propaganda. At the end of the day no matter the outcome of the proposed action, ordinary citizens such as yourselves will still be able to build firearms at home. There is not much the ATF or any other executive branch organization can do when congress enacted a law that specifically has the exemption fore home building of firearms for personal use.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 05:46 PM

Tofan are you from China or something? or just a communist plant trying to get people upset?

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 05:51 PM

they are using media to distort this way out of proportion up 100% selling fear before people catch on

you realize when you had zero and now you have 1 it is up 100%
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 06:06 PM

You are correct Providence Farm, this thread wasn't about building firearms to sell though. There is already a very easy process to go through to accomplish just that, and in my opinion it's very reasonable. The FFL process is there for multiple reasons, and for me personally it's ensure that a firearm that somebody buys is put together correctly and if not there is somebody to hold accountable. Building most guns isn't like legos like a M4, building them is an art and takes an immense amount of practice, experience and know how to correctly function in a safe manner.

You can say that it's about control and restrictions, but it's no surprise that shootings with home built firearms are up. They still don't touch the massive amount of pistol deaths in the country which unfortunately gets ignored all too well because of the very thing that's occurring now, media propaganda. At the end of the day no matter the outcome of the proposed action, ordinary citizens such as yourselves will still be able to build firearms at home. There is not much the ATF or any other executive branch organization can do when congress enacted a law that specifically has the exemption fore home building of firearms for personal use.

What shootings with home built firearms. Never heard of one. If there was one, I guess that would be way up from zero.

But, that doesn't even matter. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That was written into the constitution to protect us from right now when the government believes they have a justified reason to infringe, a reason like home built firearms shootings are way up.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 06:06 PM

Well they are a thing ya know

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
grin

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 06:09 PM

With added restriction. If there is no requirement to number and report that number a change would do nothing. If I have to let them know I made something and the # I put on It that's a restriction. Engraving on form 1 items is an added pain it the butt.

I prefer free market economics. Meaning if a product is made poorly they will not be in business long. Anyone can be sued for anything. The following process dose not protect you from a single thing. Well I guess if you "need" to have government involvement in your life it can fill that roll.

Knowing where a gun came from after the fact never stopped a crime.

I don't care I'd a gun used in a murder was made at colt or in someone's living room. If it was bought giftedness stolen. The victim is dead still and not a single new law or total ban would have saved them. Criminals dot follow laws.

Some people like restrictions. I'm not one. Shall not be infringed is simple and direct.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

With added restriction. If there is no requirement to number and report that number a change would do nothing. If I have to let them know I made something and the # I put on It that's a restriction. Engraving on form 1 items is an added pain it the butt.

I prefer free market economics. Meaning if a product is made poorly they will not be in business long. Anyone can be sued for anything. The following process dose not protect you from a single thing. Well I guess if you "need" to have government involvement in your life it can fill that roll.

Knowing where a gun came from after the fact never stopped a crime.

I don't care I'd a gun used in a murder was made at colt or in someone's living room. If it was bought giftedness stolen. The victim is dead still and not a single new law or total ban would have saved them. Criminals dot follow laws.

Some people like restrictions. I'm not one. Shall not be infringed is simple and direct.

@ Providence Farm The entire point is to not prevent crimes, it's to be able to understand how and where it's happening. I agree with you that criminals do not follow laws, but this would prevent criminals from having this avenue of purchasing kits that are easily assembled at home with just a drill. If you are of the opinion that violent felons should still be able to own firearms, then I understand your opinion completely, we will agree to disagree on that principle. Restrictions come into play when the users do not hold each other accountable for things that affect the entire community.

@MaintenanceGuy Did you try to find any through searching? It's not groundbreaking that home built guns have been on the rise for the last several years, although I am going make the point that they are nowhere close to the amount of pistol deaths in the USA.

@Danny Are you a democrat that wants to censor me for my opinions?

@Scuba1 Very nice lower, I have an AR10 I still need to build along with a few AK74s.

One of many, I don't really need to post all of them.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ve-led-to-bust-of-gang-making-ghost-guns
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Is going to testify in our state legislature regarding a bill addressing ghost guns.

He probably could use some prayer.

OK, Hobbie. I'll stay on point. Prayers sent, if he's for shutting down the legislation. Looks like the 2020 attempts failed 1 HB, 1 SB, also looks like their already against the law in Baltimore where they have seized quite a few. But only face local civil charges on first offense. Criminal mist. For second.

Scuba, cool what's it gonna be when it grows up?
Case

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 07:38 PM

the issue is Tofan they are selling these ideas to the uniformed masses that it will prevent crime , prevent murder

it is a dangerously slippery slope when is a block of steel automatically a gun because it could just be a zero percent lower

a solution that ensures the publics ability to continue to build arms is essential.

for NO Mater how you abuse your law abiding you will never keep the criminal from evil deeds.

every abuse of the law abiding to gain control in the name of safety is a crime against the people
Posted By: hippie

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 07:43 PM

I honestly don't know why some join here after reading their posts for awhile.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:19 PM

Tofan are you from China or something? or just a communist plant trying to get people upset?

He’s one of those people that leave their safety to somebody else.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:27 PM

I doubt many criminals are going to make a gun when stealing one is so much easier. lol

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:32 PM

If you are of the opinion that violent felons should still be able to own firearms, then I understand your opinion completely, we will agree to disagree on that principle.

I am of the opinion that violent felons should be left in prison. If they are in a cage they pose no threat to the public. P.S. Express your opinion as often as you like. I just want to know how you conceive of them ? You say on one hand laws don't protect the public then say why your in favor of trampling on the law abiding. Sure sounds like Chinese style communism to me.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:42 PM

@ Hobie

Only a bootlicker makes a comment like that, I'll put a mental note by your name.

@Danny Absolutely, if criminals were actually punished we wouldn't be so far down this road. My opinions on this topic is because I am a federal firearms licensee who manufactures machine guns, suppressors and other cool weapons. I also have my firearm import license. I have a lot of firsthand knowledge of the ATF agents who are great people and why a lot of these proposals came to light.

I never said I support the proposal, only the reasons behind it and why some of them make sense to me.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:48 PM

@ Hobie

Only a bootlicker makes a comment like that, I'll put a mental note by your name.

@Danny Absolutely, if criminals were actually punished we wouldn't be so far down this road. My opinions on this topic is because I am a federal firearms licensee who manufactures machine guns, suppressors and other cool weapons. I also have my firearm import license. I have a lot of firsthand knowledge of the ATF agents who are great people and why a lot of these proposals came to light.

I never said I support the proposal, only the reasons behind it and why some of them make sense to me.

You’re the one making bootlicking statements, already had a note by your name. lol
Posted By: warrior

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 08:54 PM

The only bootlicker here is the quisling who sold his birthright of liberty for a permission slip.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
The only bootlicker here is the quisling who sold his birthright of liberty for a permission slip.

Did that mentality do anything for you ever? Or did you sit back and criticize everybody instead of taking real action?

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 09:09 PM

The thing about ATF agents is nobody forced them to fill out that job application. I dont need to know anything else. They don't believe in free people and I do.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 09:26 PM

Tofan when guys were let out of prison they used to give them their guns back. Either they are safe to be on the street or not. If not keep them locked if they are they have the same right to protect themselves as you and I.

Face it further restrictions never stop or slow down crime. More often it creates a bigger black market. It only effects the law abiding. So it's not about stoping or reducing crime just one more incremental step in gun restriction. That's all.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 09:51 PM

Please describe your definition of a bootlicker .I always thought they were the NAZI soldiers who followed Hitler .Funny how name calling is OK with liberals until someone says it back to them .I do my best to not call names , but when others start calling names , then     IT'S OPEN SEASON .I first heard of ZIP GUNS  in the 50's  and just wonder why they weren't the problem that ghost guns are now ?Seems to me society has gone soft on discipline and like good little liberal democrat followers blame guns for everything .This law or bill they're trying to pass has nothing to do with most people , but it effects everyone's rights .You can have your opinion , but don't push it to become law on others !
This law also won't stop criminals .
In their minds , nothing is against the law unless caught .
Just look at Prohibition and how crime took over and became worse. Look at the laws on pot  , it didn't stop people from getting it of using it .It just made criminals rich..A lot of politicians also got rich from the bottom on up .
Posted By: Camohoyt340

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 10:22 PM

“Ghost guns”. Just another fabricated term intended to scare the general public who don’t know what they are. Watch out or those “ghost guns” will get you.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 10:39 PM

Tofan at least be honest about it. You see people making their own firearms as a lost profit for your pocket.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 10:40 PM

The thing about ATF agents is nobody forced them to fill out that job application. I dont need to know anything else. They don't believe in free people and I do.

x2
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Tofan when guys were let out of prison they used to give them their guns back. Either they are safe to be on the street or not. If not keep them locked if they are they have the same right to protect themselves as you and I.

Face it further restrictions never stop or slow down crime. More often it creates a bigger black market. It only effects the law abiding. So it's not about stoping or reducing crime just one more incremental step in gun restriction. That's all.

This. Sounds like Tofan supports banning ghost guns because they might cut into his bottom line.

The federal government knows we own 4 guns... and that's 4 too many in my book.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/08/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

This. Sounds like Tofan supports banning ghost guns because they might cut into his bottom line.

I agree with you about 4 too many, unfortunately we are well past that point. Also I encourage every American citizen who can legally own a firearm to build them vs buy. It gives you a much better understanding and appreciation for the firearm. I am in the completely different market, ghost guns business wise not even something I ever think about.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 02:28 AM

Good to hear this sheriff supports people's rights, we need more like him.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 02:33 AM

Good grief. I feel like we are being infiltrated here. How can you agree with everything being recorded? Too many records of things that shouldn't need to be recorded already.

No matter what you say, the atf and their constant changing regulations are useless as a rubber beak on a woodpecker.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

I agree with you about 4 too many, unfortunately we are well past that point. Also I encourage every American citizen who can legally own a firearm to build them vs buy. It gives you a much better understanding and appreciation for the firearm. I am in the completely different market, ghost guns business wise not even something I ever think about.

You should be thinking about it -- pretty soon those are all we will be able to have -- look at the european gun control model to see where we are headed. Already gun liability insurance talk and soon we will only be able to shoot at a club or range. Permit to transport to and from?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 03:13 AM

Tofan what exactly did you mean "ordinary citizens such as yourself"
" At the end of the day no matter the outcome of the proposed action, ordinary citizens such as yourselves will still be able to build firearms at home"
You a fed?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 03:15 AM

Ordinary as in politically connected.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 01:06 PM

Tofan wrote
My opinions on this topic is because I am a federal firearms licensee who manufactures machine guns, suppressors and other cool weapons.

Since except for the suppressors, the only people who can legally buy what he is manufacturing are L.E., might as well be a fed. I am sure thats who his customer base is. He is just another guy profiting off unconstitutional gun laws.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 01:09 PM

Tofan wrote
My opinions on this topic is because I am a federal firearms licensee who manufactures machine guns, suppressors and other cool weapons.

Since except for the suppressors, the only people who can legally buy what he is manufacturing are L.E., might as well be a fed. I am sure thats who his customer base is. He is just another guy profiting off unconstitutional gun laws.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 01:17 PM

Tofan wrote

I can't believe I did not pick up on that. Good catch.

I got hung up on him saying something to the effect the ATF some how holds manufacturers accountable to making safe products. Then that he supports/thinks some gun laws are good ideas. Gun laws is just a cleaner way of saying gun restrictions.

The ONLY restrictions I support are SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Notice how that restriction is on the Government not the people.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 01:28 PM

I didn't catch that angle either.

Sounds like Tofu supports registration and restrictions. Obviously doesn't understand the concept of shall not be infringed.

Re: Just Learned Our Sheriff - 02/09/22 01:42 PM

I for one don't need the gubmint to know what I have or what I am up to ..... None of their bloody business. It may just be me, but me paying them to make my life more difficult and to spy on me and tell me what I can and can not do, seems pretty superfluous as I have a wife that does that already.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums