traper theif nevada

Posted By: skippyturtle

traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:09 AM

seen this on fb so lets make her famous [Linked Image]
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by skippyturtle
seen this on fb so lets make her famous [Linked Image]

Report her to the Game Warden. To bad she didn't try to set that coyot free. Isn't her dog required to be on a leash? Sounds like a few tickets are in order. Exhibit A
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:23 AM

Would be tempting to hang out and catch her.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:24 AM

Ahh, Sprinkles doesn’t know any better.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:32 AM

Bridger #3 dogless?Thats my go to in possible trap theft area.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:36 AM

Seems to me she is breaking the law by tampering with some one else’s traps. Plus, if she has the trap, she is in possession of stolen property.

Hope they catch her and punish her for the laws SHE broke. Should be easy since she posted it on a Public forum.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
Seems to me she is breaking the law by tampering with some one else’s traps. Plus, if she has the trap, she is in possession of stolen property.

Hope they catch her and punish her for the laws SHE broke. Should be easy since she posted it on a Public forum.

Someone there has to follow up on this and not let her get away with it... if the trap was legally set. Are trap tags required there?
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Someone there has to follow up on this and not let her get away with it... if the trap was legally set. Are trap tags required there?

X2!!
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:41 AM

Just shaking my head.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:45 AM

It’s kind of her to let you know where your trap went.
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:45 AM

I had this happen to me a couple years ago. The game warden is a friend of mine and knew I was trapping in the area. The lady here was so mad she got my double staked trapped pulled out by hand!! I actually thought it was funny after the fact. Got my trap back from warden. Talked about pressing charges but didn’t think it was worth it. These big city people moving in with there dogs that need walked are sure a pain!

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 12:47 AM

Her FB profile says she lives in Las Vegas but is from Massachusetts. Figures………..

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:07 AM

I'm pressing charges if it happens to me. I've had enough traps stolen over the years I'm due that pound of flesh.
Posted By: DWC

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:12 AM

A fun experiment for the FB supporters in here: comment on her post. Something colorful yet nonthreatening. See if you get a timeout.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:15 AM

She sounds like an expert in wildlife biology to me. How else was she able to diagnose that it was a "juvenile" coyote that she found in a leg trap?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:17 AM

X2
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:18 AM

How did Fido get his leg in a foot hold ?
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:24 AM

Yes, trap tags are required. Either a paid for number or Name and address
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:33 AM

My wife checked out her Facebook page, and you probably won’t believe it, but she is one of the “81” million.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
She sounds like an expert in wildlife biology to me. How else was she able to diagnose that it was a "juvenile" coyote that she found in a leg trap?

Turns out it was a fox according to the comments on her post. LOL
Posted By: bearcat2

They won't bother to do anything to her. They never do. And no I don't believe dogs are required to be on a leash in Nevada. I know I've hound hunted there and they certainly weren't on a leash, so I assume it would be legal to let your dog run on BLM, unless they have some odd law that says only hunting dogs can be loose. Boggles the mind how people can be so stupid as to post illegal actions on the internet, but they do it all the time.
Posted By: Lugnut

In the last few years I've had three encounters with dog-walkers that were trespassing on private properties where I had permission to be and they did not. In two cases they left me nasty notes. In all three cases they stole my traps and were dumb enough to call the game wardens and the police to report my "illegally" set traps.

I successfully pressed charges on all three.

One of my best spots is also a trouble spot. The local anti-trappers/dog-walkers know I trap there and I know where they live (I do my homework). They know I had one of their neighbors prosecuted and he paid over $400.00 in fines and court costs (judge let him of easy). Things were quiet a few years after that but this season I had a fox stolen and traps smashed there.

I smell another prosecution coming. It's the only thing these clueless idiots understand.

Posted By: MattLA

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:46 AM

WTH, She is a marine man, and attends shot show.

IF anybody knows the owner, the appropriate law is NRS 8194;501.3765, and there are more than that, it's definitely allowed on BLM land.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by YamaCat

I zoomed in on the trap photos but can see no trap tags on it, it could of been real close to the trap or stamped on, or they took it off. Says DNR found several other traps in the area in the replies to her post. I hope they were legally set traps.

Several of our guys are giving her guff now. They tagged the DNR our there too, so they can see it. Kinda puts them on the spot.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 02:11 AM

Or on part of the cable that was out of the picture. It loops out of the picture.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 02:19 AM

Unfortunately with the laws nothing will be done, its now legal to trip traps in Nevada if there is immediate threat. Might be able to get her for theft but i doubt they even try. As for the blm they'll just push to make a trap free zone. This may have been in one but not sure of those zonez in vegas area. She should move back east, after seeing the trash in the mountains around Vegas don't know what would be enjoyable about walking in most of those areas.

As for facebook im on the Nevada big game hunters site and a chucker hunter posted a week or 2 ago about missing his dog. Long stort short found the next morning in a trap cold bit no injuries, not a bad word was posted about trappers in the thread.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler

Probably thinks coyotes are as big as German shepherds.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Unfortunately with the laws nothing will be done, its now legal to trip traps in Nevada if there is immediate threat. Might be able to get her for theft but i doubt they even try. As for the blm they'll just push to make a trap free zone. This may have been in one but not sure of those zonez in vegas area. She should move back east, after seeing the trash in the mountains around Vegas don't know what would be enjoyable about walking in most of those areas.

As for facebook im on the Nevada big game hunters site and a chucker hunter posted a week or 2 ago about missing his dog. Long stort short found the next morning in a trap cold bit no injuries, not a bad word was posted about trappers in the thread.

It's unfortunate the law won't do anything to this thief. They need to push for the blm and the rest of the country to be an idiot free zone. The traps aren't the problem.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan

IF anybody knows the owner, the appropriate law is NRS 8194;501.3765, and there are more than that, it's definitely allowed on BLM land.
She’s a Marine? Where do you see that?
Posted By: Bryce Traps

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 05:21 PM

I'm in Nevada and we are huge on not letting people steal our traps. She'll get busted, she literally just posted her crime.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bryce Traps
I'm in Nevada and we are huge on not letting people steal our traps. She'll get busted, she literally just posted her crime.

I sure hope so.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 05:23 PM

Yes trap tags are required in Nevada

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 05:30 PM

"Poor young coyote.... they were here first!" I wonder if she would say the same thing if a coyote killed some of her chickens? Hmm...
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 05:55 PM

Whether she is a Marine or just a Massachusetts humroe, she is still STUPID! Any of these dummys that don’t even know that trapping exists, but think they can walk their dog anywhere and any time of the year, are just short of having a single brain cell. She will be yelling for more control on the wildlife when her dogs get chewed up by coyotes or killed. Not even smart enough to know that there are no baby animals this time of year! Disgusting!
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 06:11 PM

Stupid is as stupid does. I'd like a follow up story to see if she was charged?
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 06:11 PM

She does have one redeeming virtue. She apparently hates the fact Biden left people and service animals in Afghanistan. Other than that, I've got nothing good to say, so I guess I'll keep my mouth shut.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 07:09 PM

She claims the traps were not tagged. If this is truly the case, she will get in no trouble, and the trapper should be admonished. I hope they were stamped with the DNR numbers or something.
Posted By: Hendricks

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan

SHOT is an industry personnel only event. Meaning she likely works for someone in the hunting or shooting industry. Would be a shame if we were to play by her own rules and let her employer know that she public posted about being proud of hunter harassment.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 07:19 PM

She claims the traps were not tagged. If this is truly the case, she will get in no trouble, and the trapper should be admonished. I hope they were stamped with the DNR numbers or something.

What’s to say she didn’t remove the tags herself so she can claim the traps were not tagged. Wouldn’t put it past some one like her. Just saying……..

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 07:25 PM

What’s to say she didn’t remove the tags herself so she can claim the traps were not tagged. Wouldn’t put it past some one like her. Just saying……..

I agree but in the replies the BLM found several other traps in the same area that were untagged, plus the stolen one and the one with the fox in it.... I'm not saying that is the truth, it is what she claimed.

I hope that is a lie, or this trapper just gave us a black-eye.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 07:41 PM

"Poor young coyote.... they were here first!" I wonder if she would say the same thing if a coyote killed some of her chickens? Hmm...

Or her dog Bubba

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 08:07 PM

He should be admonished for that janky staking system. Lol.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 08:09 PM

This supports the idea that trapper education isn’t a bad idea.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 08:17 PM

I hate thieves

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
He should be admonished for that janky staking system. Lol.

Agreed. lol
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
I hate thieves

Yep, hate liars and thieves...They will both do you wrong behind your back.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 10:52 PM

Seeing the trap in the pic, I wondered if it wouldn’t come down to something like that….no tag. Most real trappers are a bit more professional than using an old rusty trap, and using a long length of cable to anchor it. Prolly a young inexperienced fella or someone that just don’t care! Bad deal, either way!
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 10:58 PM

Beware hyphenated women.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/09/22 11:02 PM

It sounds like the whole thing was staged to me.

Keith
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 12:04 AM

Do you guys think it's possible in Nevada trap tags aren't required?

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Do you guys think it's possible in Nevada trap tags aren't required?

I already asked that...

Yes trap tags are required in Nevada

Posted By: keets

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
It sounds like the whole thing was staged to me.

Keith

yup
Posted By: gregh

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 12:42 AM

If she will steal your trap she will take your tag off of it also to cause you problems.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Here you go did a quick serch. And this is what I found on it.

Each trap, snare, or similar device used to take wild mammals must either be stamped with the trapper’s name and address or registered with the Department. Each registered trap snare or similar device must bear a number which is assigned by the Department and is clearly stamped on the trap, snare, or similar device or on a metal tag that is attached to the trap, snare, or similar device. There is a $5 fee for each trap, snare, or similar device registered with the Department. If a trap, snare, or similar device is not registered with the Department, it must have the name and address of the person who owns the trap, snare, or similar device clearly stamped on the trap, snare, or similar device, or on a metal tag that is attached to the trap, snare, or similar device. These registration provisions do not apply to a trap, snare, or similar device used exclusively on private property which is posted or fenced in accordance with NRS 207.200.

(Refer to NRS 503.452 and NAC 503.150)

This they have the option of a tag or stamping their trap

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Originally Posted by dirtydogtrapping
Here you go did a quick serch. And this is what I found on it.

Each trap, snare, or similar device used to take wild mammals must either be stamped with the trapper’s name and address or registered with the Department. Each registered trap snare or similar device must bear a number which is assigned by the Department and is clearly stamped on the trap, snare, or similar device or on a metal tag that is attached to the trap, snare, or similar device. There is a $5 fee for each trap, snare, or similar device registered with the Department. If a trap, snare, or similar device is not registered with the Department, it must have the name and address of the person who owns the trap, snare, or similar device clearly stamped on the trap, snare, or similar device, or on a metal tag that is attached to the trap, snare, or similar device. These registration provisions do not apply to a trap, snare, or similar device used exclusively on private property which is posted or fenced in accordance with NRS 207.200.

(Refer to NRS 503.452 and NAC 503.150)

This they have the option of a tag or stamping their trap

That's what I said I had hoped they had done when I saw no tag on the trap in the picture, stamped onto the trap. I don't think we'll ever know as she has deleted the post and unless someone in her area hears it'll probably remain a mystery.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 03:22 AM

I zoomed in on the trap photos but can see no trap tags on it, it could of been real close to the trap or stamped on, or they took it off. Says DNR found several other traps in the area in the replies to her post. I hope they were legally set traps.

Several of our guys are giving her guff now. They tagged the DNR our there too, so they can see it. Kinda puts them on the spot.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/10/22 11:01 AM

i agree , looks like a set up . no pic. of animals in trap , anything on dnr web about this or just what she posting on facebook , someone from Nevada trapper acc,should check this out
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 03:37 AM

I wonder how many states still have "no tag required" trapping regs? Just shows how much one metro )Las Vegas) can dictate what happens in the rest of a mostly remote and empty state.

ADC- Does Iowa government require trap tags? And are you guys ever going to get to hunt deer with rifles in Iowa? I heard southwest Minnesota is starting to be allowed to hunt with longer range firearms. Let Freedom ring!!

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 03:41 AM

No trap tags needed in Indiana .

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
ADC- Does Iowa government require trap tags? And are you guys ever going to get to hunt deer with rifles in Iowa? I heard southwest Minnesota is starting to be allowed to hunt with longer range firearms. Let Freedom ring!!

Yes, unfortunately they still require trap tags on all traps with name and address. There is no reason what-so-ever for them to require tags, especially with name and address. Trap tags are simply a revenue getter for the DNR, they prove nothing. The tags don't prove you own the trap & they don't prove you set the trap. There is ZERO reason for anyone to ever touch a legally set trap, EVER! Not the DNR or anyone else. If the trap is set illegally, the tag won't prove who set it there, unless the DNR sets on it and sees you tending to it, they have no proof you set it. The tag law also requires traps in your vehicle to be tagged, whether or not you are going to set it. They love writing fines for untagged traps in your truck. I had them dig through a pile of over 200 tagged traps (pull day) to find two that coons had ripped off the tags so they could write up me and buddy for it back when I was about 18-20 years old.

We can use rifles but only certain straight-walled cartridges for deer.

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 05:29 AM

Yes, unfortunately they still require trap tags on all traps with name and address. There is no reason what-so-ever for them to require tags, especially with name and address. Trap tags are simply a revenue getter for the DNR, they prove nothing. The tags don't prove you own the trap & they don't prove you set the trap. There is ZERO reason for anyone to ever touch a legally set trap, EVER! Not the DNR or anyone else. If the trap is set illegally, the tag won't prove who set it there, unless the DNR sets on it and sees you tending to it, they have no proof you set it. The tag law also requires traps in your vehicle to be tagged, whether or not you are going to set it. They love writing fines for untagged traps in your truck. I had them dig through a pile of over 200 tagged traps (pull day) to find two that coons had ripped off the tags so they could write up me and buddy for it back when I was about 18-20 years old.

Wow, that's sort of sad!

When I was an undergrad, I started off in wildlife science but by the end of my sophomore year, I decided "do I really want to chase people down for shooting ducks ten minutes after official sunset?" I decided not. I would be embarrassed to dig through 200 pulled traps to find 1% that had no tag and write up a ticket. Just don't have that sort of mentality that every law is equal to every other one. Just watch some of what the cops are doing in Canada and Aussie land enforcing the current situation "laws" when it turns out that the "v is going to v" and all the stupid repressive actions doesn't change a thing.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 12:07 PM

Why not? We have 2 game wardens here in MN who will gladly do it.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 04:54 PM

Wow, that's sort of sad!

When I was an undergrad, I started off in wildlife science but by the end of my sophomore year, I decided "do I really want to chase people down for shooting ducks ten minutes after official sunset?" I decided not. I would be embarrassed to dig through 200 pulled traps to find 1% that had no tag and write up a ticket. Just don't have that sort of mentality that every law is equal to every other one. Just watch some of what the cops are doing in Canada and Aussie land enforcing the current situation "laws" when it turns out that the "v is going to v" and all the stupid repressive actions doesn't change a thing.

With that kind of attitude you might have made a good warden afterall.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/11/22 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark K

Why not? We have 2 game wardens here in MN who will gladly do it.

shocked

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/12/22 03:18 AM

Yeah 20scout maybe but how long would they have kept me around if I was hitting my quota of tickets...? I guess warnings count for some brownie point metrics as well.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: traper theif nevada - 02/12/22 01:48 PM

Yeah 20scout maybe but how long would they have kept me around if I was hitting my quota of tickets...? I guess warnings count for some brownie point metrics as well.

True, there's always the politics that come into play.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums