Home

Dry shod boots

Posted By: Bigfoot

Dry shod boots - 02/12/22 06:34 AM

Which ones are toughest
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/12/22 11:40 AM

i have a pair of the "Big Bobby" style. They are warm, light and comfortable. Have had them two years now, no complaints. They have made two trapping trips to Kansas also. Good boot for the money.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/12/22 02:47 PM

Ran a pair of hog wash 12" boots all year from april to december crabbing, so far so good....Have a pair of the low slip on boots and they are holding up nicely too. I've tried all the "commercial" boots including xtra tuffs, la cross,,muck....The dry shods are better...ymmv
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/12/22 03:21 PM

I’ve been wearing daily my first pair. They are the haymakers. They are a fairly tall boot and have a little more room in the calf area from other manufacturers. I like that as I tuck my pants inside. They are not the warmest boots that Dry Shod makes but they were fine for trapping even in below zero temps having a heated side by side to jump back in to. The boots have been flawless so far and the neoprene uppers seem to be better construction than other manufacturers as well. So far so good happy with Dry Shod
Posted By: charles

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/12/22 04:19 PM

We I crabbed and fished, the most comfortable white gum boot was made by Royal. Stood in them all day. All morning on a boat deck then afternoons on a concrete dock. Those Royal boots made a big difference. Good socks matter as well.
Posted By: Dale Brehe

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/13/22 04:27 AM

Mark, the pair I'm using now are haymakers. Like them quite a bit more than mucks boots and it looks like they will last the whole winter, that is unusual for me.
Posted By: K52

Re: Dry shod boots - 02/13/22 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by BigJoe.
i have a pair of the "Big Bobby" style. They are warm, light and comfortable. Have had them two years now, no complaints. They have made two trapping trips to Kansas also. Good boot for the money.

These are the ones I have worn for 3 years. Great boots.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums