Home

ADA public toilet's

Posted By: BigBob

ADA public toilet's - 02/15/22 11:12 PM

Anybody else hate the new ADA compliant public toilet dimensions? They're like 2-3 inches higher, than the old standard and I hate them. For some reason they make the "After Action Clean-up" very difficult. And, I'm disabled, so they're supposed to be helpful to me, But I'd almost prefer to suffer and hold it, or crap myself, rather than use them.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/15/22 11:19 PM

get you a battery powered high pressure water gun. just aim and wash
Posted By: 080808

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/15/22 11:48 PM

If you have bad knees ya like the “tall” dumpers. lol

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/16/22 11:03 PM

I do, but I sure don't!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/16/22 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Anybody else hate the new ADA compliant public toilet dimensions? They're like 2-3 inches higher, than the old standard and I hate them. For some reason they make the "After Action Clean-up" very difficult. And, I'm disabled, so they're supposed to be helpful to me, But I'd almost prefer to suffer and hold it, or crap myself, rather than use them.

You must not have back trouble or you would love them. PLUS I take it your not in a wheel chair or you wouldn't be mouthing about them. Height is so a wheel chair person can slide over using arms . But don't worry just back up to a urinal if you don't like them .Or crap yourself , just remember WHO they are designed for and be thankful your not one of them !!!

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/16/22 11:48 PM

I DO have a back that's killing me, along with my knees due to be replaced soon. But the new John's ain't working for me at all.
Posted By: 080808

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/16/22 11:56 PM

Better than a 5 gal. bucket?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 12:29 AM

I have been installing the 17 height elongated bowl toilets for years , I really like the tall ones

the ADA requirement is between 17 and 19 inches to the top of the seat for height

my toilet is 17 3/4 to the top of the seat

I am fairly tall maybe that is why I like these
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by BigBob

That's bad
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 03:07 AM

I put a new toilet in the upstairs bathroom about a year or so back. Got the most powerful flushing one I could find being I have boys. I don't go upstairs often but the downstairs was occupied and I noticed it sits a little taller. I believe I prefer it.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 03:23 AM

I replace standard height toilets with ADA height toilets for at least 40 customers a year. Never had heard one complaint from the new toilet owners.

Chris
Posted By: KeithC

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 03:30 AM

The woman who lived in our house before us was in her mid nineties. We have a high toilet and I like it. I hate the little, short squatty potties. My mom has those and it's like sitting on the floor. I like the throne. We have pull up/support bars near the toilet, by all the stairs and in the shower and I like them too now.

Keith
Posted By: charles

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/17/22 03:50 AM

My partner would idle toward his first crab pot before daylight. After a cup of coffee, the bucket was his friend. He cut the bottom off of many t-shirts also.

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 06:19 PM

LOL, I can't believe the amount of "crappy" T-shirt/socks I've seen in the woods over the years!
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 06:28 PM

bunch of old decrepit guys on here
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 06:34 PM

I find you get better torque useing the tall ones.
Posted By: coonrich

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 07:27 PM

LOL Diggerman
Posted By: run

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 07:51 PM

I just like going in the great outdoors. Sometimes animals come eat my scat. I think it depends if I am taking fish oil or not.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner
bunch of old decrepit guys on here

Hahaha grin
Posted By: KeithC

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/19/22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by run
I just like going in the great outdoors. Sometimes animals come eat my scat. I think it depends if I am taking fish oil or not.

I don't llke going in the great outdoors, but I have noticed that animals do quickly eat my scat. Human scat, a new bait idea I will never use except in a really crappy situation.

Keith
Posted By: Mark K

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/20/22 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by run

My understanding is that it is usually possums eating your turds. I don't remember where this info came from. Probably here.
Posted By: run

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/20/22 10:53 AM

Thank you for the info, Mark K.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/20/22 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 080808
Better than a 5 gal. bucket?
Or one of those wooden ammo crates that holds 2 ammo cans. Never leave the wire without one.

Re: ADA public toilet's - 02/22/22 11:27 PM

Those "leavings" need to be buried, or left under a rock or log.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums