Home

Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th

Posted By: Big Dave

Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/18/22 12:22 AM

Guys and gals. We are at 94 lots for our OSTA Kidron sale with over 3 weeks remaining to get signed up. This is a request for help. If you can't make it early then come after lunch and help for the late shift. If you are selling fur then come early and help or stay afterwards and help. There are plenty of jobs for everyone to do. Counting furs, writing tags, moving fur down to the auctioneer etc. The mink master Tim "Ack" Ackerman will be doing fur handling demos throughout the day. There will be food and drinks available for purchase also.
Posted By: Keith Daniels

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/18/22 01:48 AM

That's going to be a long day. Peggy will need one of those hemorrhoid pillows and Dustin needs to make more jerky, I think I'll just stay home.
Posted By: ack

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/18/22 12:57 PM

Already have the cushion packed.
Lookin like a 2 meal break . Been awhile since I have seen one of them.
Posted By: Big Dave

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/19/22 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Keith Daniels
That's going to be a long day. Peggy will need one of those hemorrhoid pillows and Dustin needs to make more jerky, I think I'll just stay home.

Keith that is a big negatory.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/19/22 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Keith Daniels

grin

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 02/20/22 01:12 PM

Early in the sale will bring bigger $$$ than you'll see in Canada, I'm afraid the buyers will get a belly full and drop off later though.
Posted By: smellslikecastor

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/12/22 05:17 PM

the weathers not the greatest up here. i couldnt make it to the sale. hopefully there is a good turn out and prices realized!
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/12/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by smellslikecastor
the weathers not the greatest up here. i couldnt make it to the sale. hopefully there is a good turn out and prices realized!

Better here than it is in SE Ohio, down home has 6", might of had 2" in kidron. Not many cancellations so far.

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 01:22 AM

how did the auction turn out? we got about 5" here with quite alot of wind.
Posted By: Tooltime

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 01:44 PM

Any result’s?
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 05:20 PM

Rats 10 high, mink 25 dollar high, coon 30 dollar high, coyotes 80 dollars high, red fox 50 dollars high, otter 75 dollar high, and beaver 60 dollar high. Possums even went for 5 dollars.

This is why nobody is talking. Don't want the word to get out!!!

If you believe one ounce of what I posted above, I have some swamp land in Arizona that I will sell you!! grin grin
Posted By: coonrich

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 09:52 PM

LOL

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 10:54 PM

How many acres and what ya asking per acre? need somewhere warm to go! hahaha

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 11:32 PM

I don't know why the results haven't been posted yet. It was definitely a long day and that may be the reason.

The prices were ok, and given the uncertainty of what is going on in the world, they were pretty decent in this market. Glad the buyers showed up and were willing to take a chance.

I can post what I got and what I saw a few others get.

These aren't necessarily the highs for the sale but are what I saw.

Rats - $5.20
Male mink = $9.75
Female mink $5.75 On everyone's sheet that had mink, the large males were being put under females so you will see a $7.75 high for females but those were large males. There were 2 designations for females and none for large males.
Otter = $33.00
Beaver$23.00
Coyotes $28.00
Coon - $7.75
Red Fox - mid teens I think.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 11:35 PM

Thanks CH! Those sound like better prices than many have reported.

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 11:39 PM

Those prices were the highs that I saw. They are not the averages. I saw a lot of fur go for a lot less. Saw one batch of about 100 coyotes go for 18.00 nose count.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/13/22 11:41 PM

Thanks for the post , you guys did well.

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater
I don't know why the results haven't been posted yet. It was definitely a long day and that may be the reason.

The prices were ok, and given the uncertainty of what is going on in the world, they were pretty decent in this market. Glad the buyers showed up and were willing to take a chance.

I can post what I got and what I saw a few others get.

These aren't necessarily the highs for the sale but are what I saw.

Rats - $5.20
Male mink = $9.75
Female mink $5.75 On everyone's sheet that had mink, the large males were being put under females so you will see a $7.75 high for females but those were large males. There were 2 designations for females and none for large males.
Otter = $33.00
Beaver$23.00
Coyotes $28.00
Coon - $7.75
Red Fox - mid teens I think.

Still a bit early yet for sale results to be sent out and the person that sends the results had to leave early so it might be a few days before they're posted on the website.
Posted By: hobbes

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 12:13 AM

Those prices are better than I would have expected.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 12:31 AM

Thanks for the update and prices. Thank you to all those involved for doing the auction

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by hobbes
Those prices are better than I would have expected.

Beaver prices were definitely better than expected.

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 02:27 AM

It was a really long day, and it did do what I predicted and tailed off a bunch late in the sale. A lot of 250+ raccoon did get pulled, maybe 3 lots from the end, I didn't notice very much other no sales through the day. I think a lot of the sellers were mostly just looking to get something instead of shipping. With the way everything has been going the last few weeks, I was impressed and thankful that the buyers held in there as long as they did.

Re: Kidron, Ohio Auction March 12th - 03/14/22 02:35 AM

Full results should be up on the OSTA website in a day or two.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums