Posted By: Cragar

American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 07:01 PM

It is on it's way. Stewart Varney 1:29

Posted By: AntiGov

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 07:53 PM

Nice !!!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 08:11 PM

They probably have dozens of FBI " agents" on standby to start inciting violence during this protest to give the government goons a reason to put their foot down.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
They probably have dozens of FBI " agents" on standby to start inciting violence during this protest to give the government goons a reason to put their foot down.

The protesters should give anybody starting violence a club up side the head, fbi or not.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 10:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 10:33 PM

YT30 any times? Wish some were coming down 40 from OK to Little Rock.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/20/22 10:35 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 01:01 AM

Any thing left coast?? Like I have said before my vote doesn't count here, but my dollar still does -- might be time to cast a few votes for some good solid people for a change.
Posted By: RustyShacklefrd

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 01:05 AM

Canadians need the support , please get out there if you love freedom !
Posted By: warrior

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 01:19 AM

I'd love to see and help a southern branch. A slow roll through Atlanta I'd take part in.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

The times are listed when they leave each city. It's military time, 1300 etc.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

The times are listed when they leave each city. It's military time, 1300 etc.

Ok, I see it now.
Posted By: Norwestalta

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 03:36 AM

Giv'er guys.
Hold the line.
Posted By: cattails

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:06 AM

Indiana will support the truckers. If they decide to go north from here around the lake, Illinois into Chicago...or Michigan into Itch Whitmer territory....that will get them the most resistance
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:16 AM

Oh. I bet

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:17 AM

Truckstops and lots of parking just east of Indy at Spiceland on I70. The guys coming off the north west coast are going to take 80 to Gary IN then I65 down to Indianapolis and 70 to Spiceland. It will be a rendezvous point.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 01:32 PM

They are doing it wrong. Instead of going to all those big cities to protest they should just stay out of them completely for 10 days or so. They would get a lot more accomplished once Peelousy runs out of Botox and sniffy out of ice cream. Just stay home and watch those idiots fall over each other in DC.
Posted By: run

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:19 PM

This is going to be interesting to watch.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:32 PM

Already putting up fencing and blockades in DC.

George Washington in his early years came thru swpa with some troops looking to engage the french. He built a nice fort out in an open field. The french not being inexperienced idiots, surrounded the fort built in the open field.

And starved the dummy out.

There's lessons to be learned in history.
Posted By: charles

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:36 PM

I don't think a Covid shot has much to do with it now. Maybe in the beginning, but now it is taken on a bigger issue. Possibly racism. Some people may just want to be rebels and pick a fight. Some people say no to everything, even their health.
Posted By: MJM

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by charles
I don't think a Covid shot has much to do with it now. Maybe in the beginning, but now it is taken on a bigger issue. Possibly racism. Some people may just want to be rebels and pick a fight. Some people say no to everything, even their health.

Lost in left field, playing right.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 02:55 PM

They are doing it wrong. Instead of going to all those big cities to protest they should just stay out of them completely for 10 days or so. They would get a lot more accomplished once Peelousy runs out of Botox and sniffy out of ice cream. Just stay home and watch those idiots fall over each other in DC.

That would be my advice as well. Not sure what a few thousand trucks can accomplish going to DC. In the end, if Gubmint leaders chose to use them, resources of the Gubmint will always prevail. On the other hand, if a few hundred thousand truckers refuse to make deliveries into blue coastal areas and deep blue cities........just disappear........no pickups......no deliveries........no nothing........things get dicey in a hurry. Save the fuel....save the expense......save the confrontations. Just park trucks where they are and chill. One snowstorm or a pipeline not pumping has already set off alarms and whistles and brought them to their knees. Imagine what a general trucker strike would do to both blue coasts.

As a lobbyest once told us.......now and then you have to put a choke chain on those old dogs to remind them who is boss. They (old dogs) ought to know better.

But before all that, you have to have a cause and objective the general public will support and get behind. Otherwise, protestors are the bad guys.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 03:52 PM

Buddy of mine came over yesterday. Had two bobcats to skin. Was afraid he would screw it up. I am not able to pull yet but told him I would do the cutting and he could pull. So while we are catching up as I hadn't talked to him since fall he mentions his grandmother died. Got the second covid shot. Made her sick like it does a lot of people only she didn't recover. Coincidence? Maybe. Who knows. WEhen it comes to gene therapy, even when called a vaccine, I think its reasonable for people to make their own choices. especially since this gene therapy isn't keeping anyone from still carrying and transmitting the virus. It only MAYBE protects the person receiving it.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 05:13 PM

This thing has gone way past the virus. Its about the politicritters screwing the people over left right and center and just out to control the masses, no matter how. Sooner or later things will get messy, when the critter that think are in charge find out that they are not.
Posted By: WANNABE-TRAPPER

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 05:30 PM

Not trolling here. What Federal mandates do truckers have to deal with exactly??

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 05:39 PM

Only crossing the border now that OSHA's nonsense was shot down by the courts.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by WANNABE-TRAPPER
Not trolling here. What Federal mandates do truckers have to deal with exactly??

What do they not have to deal with? The trucking industry is federally controlled at all levels, even to the point of when a trucker goes to sleep.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay

That would be my advice as well. Not sure what a few thousand trucks can accomplish going to DC. In the end, if Gubmint leaders chose to use them, resources of the Gubmint will always prevail. On the other hand, if a few hundred thousand truckers refuse to make deliveries into blue coastal areas and deep blue cities........just disappear........no pickups......no deliveries........no nothing........things get dicey in a hurry. Save the fuel....save the expense......save the confrontations. Just park trucks where they are and chill. One snowstorm or a pipeline not pumping has already set off alarms and whistles and brought them to their knees. Imagine what a general trucker strike would do to both blue coasts.

As a lobbyest once told us.......now and then you have to put a choke chain on those old dogs to remind them who is boss. They (old dogs) ought to know better.

But before all that, you have to have a cause and objective the general public will support and get behind. Otherwise, protestors are the bad guys.

The visual of a few thousand trucks is a powerful image. If the truckers just stayed home, the leftist media would ignore the fact there was a boycott at all.

Keith
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:09 PM

That's not what Trudeu said in the court room. It's on video.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:17 PM

Yes, some people like the choice to protect their own health.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:20 PM

Warrior, they force you to park but the boneheads still don't sleep. No matter the occupation there is always a few. Legislators like to think they can legislate people into being responsible. The only result is the responsible majority end up penalized for the actions of a few boneheads. The boneheads just keep on being boneheads.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Warrior, they force you to park but the boneheads still don't sleep. No matter the occupation there is always a few. Legislators like to think they can legislate people into being responsible. The only result is the responsible majority end up penalized for the actions of a few boneheads. The boneheads just keep on being boneheads.

True, so let's regulate them harder.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Yes, some people like the choice to protect their own health.

Amen.
Posted By: WANNABE-TRAPPER

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Originally Posted by WANNABE-TRAPPER

What do they not have to deal with? The trucking industry is federally controlled at all levels, even to the point of when a trucker goes to sleep.

Ok so nothing to do with Covid then?
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 06:53 PM

Was your obesity caused by racism? Were you saying no to your own health when you chose to take in more calories than your body needed to maintain a healthy weight? I don’t want to be a rebel. I’m just sick and tired of bureaucrats and politicians who think they have a right to control my life from cradle to grave.

Your racism comment shows the extent you are controlled.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 07:22 PM

Ya, I'm wondering how truckers boycotting is defined as racism. The answer will be interesting.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The visual of a few thousand trucks is a powerful image. If the truckers just stayed home, the leftist media would ignore the fact there was a boycott at all.

Keith

Keep the US Foods, Sysco and other food delivery trucks out of DC for the week and the media won’t be ignoring things long. lol

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 07:55 PM

It would put the looters out of business for a start unless they make off with the empty shelves for scrap money
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:10 PM

Seems like a copycat excuse to burn diesel. I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the point of this might be. As mentioned above, truckers have no vaccine mandate in the U.S.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:17 PM

It’s a secret. They can’t tell liberals and sensitive republicans until it’s on.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:21 PM

You'd think a lawyer would be aware of what's going on around them. Try asking a trucker.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:24 PM

https://nypost.com/2022/02/17/us-truckers-organize-stateside-convoys-set-to-protest-covid-19/
That was hard to find.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:49 PM

Did you even read the article? It doesn't give a reason either.

Try again.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:51 PM

You can see there are people who hate Trump so bad, they think whatever the guy is doing is good. It's highly evident among the Trapperman democrats. Don't feed the trolls.

Danny would you join if you were still trucking? Any trucker T-man members here going to join in?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 08:55 PM

The article said government over reach in reaction to Covid

That's a pretty good reason wouldn't you say?

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Buy'em books, buy'em books, all they do is tear out the pages and eat them. You know who not to hire if you need a lawyer.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 09:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 09:52 PM

Racism. Care to explain this theory? I really gotta hear this one.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County
Seems like a copycat excuse to burn diesel. I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the point of this might be. As mentioned above, truckers have no vaccine mandate in the U.S.

Monkey see, monkey do.

The point appears to be racism.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 09:59 PM

Busted my ankle and leg about a month ago ADC or I would go. There are still schools making kids wear masks. How long till government forces businesses to close again then prints money and hands it out like Santa Claus tossing candy in a Christmas parade?

We should have stood up two years ago.

I have been ignoring "mandatory masks" and was not going to get the shot even before the court struck it down. As it is you can not cross our border legally, in either direction, with out a vaccine.

My mask ought to say pretty clearly what I thought and still think of it all

[Linked Image]

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:37 PM

Racism? What are you even talking about?!? What does race have to do with government overregulation?

Millions of people say no to their health every day. Just look at how much money fast food restaurants bring in every day. America has the highest obesity rate in the whole world... so obviously most Americans aren't too concerned about their health. Look at the amounts of alcohol and tobacco sold in this country. Not to mention illegal drugs. That said, people should have a right to make those decisions. Should we ban Big Macs and sugary soft drinks? If people choose not to trust a vaccine that has not been being produced long enough for anyone to have any idea of what any long term affects there may be... well, maybe those people just might be the ones saying YES to their health.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:46 PM

I think we all know by now why racism is the first thing on the minds of the left.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:51 PM

That means nothing without reference to a specific policy being protested.

It's no different than the BLM thugs whining about systemic racism. They can't define that term either.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/21/22 11:52 PM

Nope, that doesn't count either. Anybody else want to guess the correct answer. lol
Posted By: Posco

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:00 AM

When Biden and Trudeau use race as a means of inciting their base, it's time for them to go. You don't falsely vilify half the population for political gain.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
When Biden and Trudeau use race as a means of inciting their base, it's time for them to go. You don't falsely vilify half the population for political gain.

the democrats have been doing that for years. Its nothing new. Proud to be a deplorable caveman

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:05 AM

I don’t know if it is scary that half the population can be ginned up by them or exciting.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by cattails

Nope, that doesn't count either. Anybody else want to guess the correct answer. lol

Oh pick me, pick me! Is it.... racism?

crazy

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:33 AM

the democrats have been doing that for years. Its nothing new. Proud to be a deplorable caveman

They have but we've never seen a sitting president stoop to such a low. It's beyond despicable and he needs to go.
Posted By: Squash

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:18 AM

I work in the Forest Industry which is heavily dependent on the trucking industry . Protest or not it has become harder and harder to get Forest Products hauled to market. Mill Quotas are not being met and log landings are backed up. Truckers are already going broke. High fuel costs , lack of drivers, and gov. Regulations are the bigger problem. That’s what they should be protesting, not these authoritarian mask and vax mandates.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Squash

I work in the Forest Industry which is heavily dependent on the trucking industry . Protest or not it has become harder and harder to get Forest Products hauled to market. Mill Quotas are not being met and log landings are backed up. Truckers are already going broke. High fuel costs , lack of drivers, and gov. Regulations are the bigger problem. That’s what they should be protesting, not these authoritarian mask and vax mandates.

And they should stop being racist.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:31 AM

Monkey see, monkey do.

Why would we tell you ? You're not on our side

Don't worry , you won't ever be called upon to help fight any government overreach

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:33 AM

Monkey see, monkey do.

The vaccine mandate opened people's eyes to rogue government in general. It's about time.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:34 AM

Monkey see, monkey do.

Guys quit feeding this monkey. All he does is throw his (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) at you.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 02:48 AM

For some folks a 2X4 used as a training aid is the only option.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Squash

You don't suppose it's all of the above?

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 03:56 AM

For some folks a 2X4 used as a training aid is the only option.

sometimes it needs to be bigger than a 2x4.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:47 AM

.224 maybe?

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 06:12 AM

They have but we've never seen a sitting president stoop to such a low. It's beyond despicable and he needs to go.

obama was a master at using race to arouse his base. In my opinion, obama was the worst president of the United States. obama was in a position to deal a serious blow to racism in the US and instead chose to fan the flames of hate to a new, higher level. Instead of saying the inflammatory statement, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.", just to incite the democrat base.

Keith

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 06:52 AM

Squash, if you can't get your logs hauled its because your not paying enough. If you cant pay more then the mill isnt paying enough. If the mill can't pay more it's because the end user can not pay more. If the end user can't pay more its inflation, or depreciation of the dollar. The depreciation of the dollar is the result of government printing money. Money was printed to offset the ridiculousness of the virus mandates that put so many out of work and closed the doors of so many businesses.

the economy was really booming pre covid

I am just an uneducated driver but thats what it looks like out my windshield

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 07:38 AM

Funny it looks the same out this trapper's windshield as well.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:26 PM

Squash, if you can't get your logs hauled its because your not paying enough. If you cant pay more then the mill isnt paying enough. If the mill can't pay more it's because the end user can not pay more. If the end user can't pay more its inflation, or depreciation of the dollar. The depreciation of the dollar is the result of government printing money. Money was printed to offset the ridiculousness of the virus mandates that put so many out of work and closed the doors of so many businesses.

You are correct, I cannot pay more, so please tell me how I leverage the mills and the end users to pay more ? But don’t worry, Biden will tell us during his State of the Union address , that everything is fine, and half of the country will believe him, even some truckers.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:36 PM

I wasn't making light of your situation squash. i get it. Believe me.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:52 PM

How is it that the view is so clear through the uneducated drivers windshield, but so distorted through the wwindows of the whitehouse?
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

How is it that the view is so clear through the uneducated drivers windshield, but so distorted through the wwindows of the whitehouse?

Because they can't even begin to understand the way of life for common folk...or don't care.
Posted By: mike jerrell

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 03:08 PM

I was wondering the same thing, Since I have a black friend who’s been running coast to coast for decades.
When all else fails, Play the race card.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 03:19 PM

obama was a master at using race to arouse his base. In my opinion, obama was the worst president of the United States. obama was in a position to deal a serious blow to racism in the US and instead chose to fan the flames of hate to a new, higher level. Instead of saying the inflammatory statement, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon.", just to incite the democrat base.

Keith

I don't think there's any doubt Obama set everything we're witnessing today in motion. Bernie Sanders was just some oddball kook from Vermont before Barry came along. This is what fundamental transformation looks like. Hopefully he'll hang one day.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:20 PM

Taking a little time out to Remind your elected representatives they are overstepping the authority granted them by the electorate and remind them who delivers everything is never a bad idea or waste of fuel.

it is how our Representative Republic is supposed to work.

this pandemic was milked for every dollar it could be , enough is enough , were not building back better were building some peoples bank accounts and if you think it is Average Joe citizen , it isn't.

even if it wasn't planned 3/13/2020 by 4/13/2020 there were sure plenty figuring out how to milk the crisis for everything they could , never let a good crisis go to waste

we have seen the current administration blaming truck drivers for shortages , while you can see a live stream of 50 trucks waiting at port of LA to pick up a load and none of the cranes are even moving.

many truckers got treated as diseased 2nd class citizens for the last 2 years in many ways and many places , no being allowed to use the restroom , eating every meal in your truck.

so taking a break and reminding those elected officials of their place is a good thing.

yup it might make for more shipping delays , or shortages , guess someone should have thought about that when the made everything just in time shipping , years ago , people have been warning about the dangers of it for more than a decade.

every time a crisis comes up suddenly there is an executive order by state or fed allowing truckers to drive beyond their normal hours , so is it safe or is it unsafe . if you make the argument it is unsafe 98% of the year then make suddenly safe by executive action when you need to stretch the labor force farther. hire more tuckers all the time or use the NG to move loads if it is that critical

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:28 PM

I still think that it would make more of an impact if all truckers would just take a 2 week time out. Heck one week would bring the liberal run cities to a complete panic and melt down. Just unhitch the trailers where they are and drive the rig home and keep an eye on it so no one takes it. It will never happen but its a nice thought

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:46 PM

I wasnt allowed to load at a chicken processing plant just south of Cullman AL years ago. Was supposed to pick up feather meal for a dog feed plant in Clinton OK. When I asked where the mens room was the secratary pointed out through the glass door at a blue plastic outhouse and said "the truckers bathroom is out there". I walked out that door and peed in the grass in full view of anybody looking out the door.

Have been refused to be allowed to load also because I wont hand over my driver license to be scanned into a computer. I have been told I couldn't unload for the same reason but that never actually happened. They just say dont ever come back. Was told that at the same business multiple times when delivering. Sometimes they really wont let you load. Not often.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:46 PM

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what the point of this might be.

I gotta agree that the vision, purpose, goal, and intended outcome of this convoy needs to be more clearly communicated. I'm not sure why they are doing it or what they hope to accomplish by it.

So, some truck drivers are upset... about what specifically and what do they want to be done about it?

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 04:53 PM

I still think that it would make more of an impact if all truckers would just take a 2 week time out. Heck one week would bring the liberal run cities to a complete panic and melt down. Just unhitch the trailers where they are and drive the rig home and keep an eye on it so no one takes it. It will never happen but its a nice thought

things are already so far behind 2 more weeks , my point being people need to see them protesting to know it is happening however inconvenient that is , could it take place at truck stops just outside DC with a steady slow roll at 10mph down the streets of DC , it could but to have the desired effect it has to be seen.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 05:14 PM

I think we should have ALL stood up two years ago when business was being curtailed and we were told to wear masks. I fail to see how any of that made the death toll any less. Nothing but a dog and pony show.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 05:55 PM

I think we should have ALL stood up two years ago when business was being curtailed and we were told to wear masks. I fail to see how any of that made the death toll any less. Nothing but a dog and pony show.

Well back then, a lot of folks still thought that the government had their health and best interest in mind. Over time they found out that it was not so. To anyone that still believes that, I have a very nice and little used bridge in PA for sale.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 06:06 PM

All hospital employees take a road trip to D.C. and let administration run them for a couple of weeks. The nurses and such who wouldn't take the Jesus Jab have taken the real hit losing their jobs.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 06:55 PM

I wonder if dementia Joe will try to do the same thing the little dictator did in Canada to the truckers.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
I wonder if dementia Joe will try to do the same thing the little dictator did in Canada to the truckers.

Dimentia joe will be much worse than turdeau.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/22/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by H2ORat
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

Dimentia joe will be much worse than turdeau.

He can unleash more government agencies on the people than Trudeau has at his disposal.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 12:09 PM

Those mean ol' truckers done got the Pentagon involved...
https://www.foxnews.com/us/dc-prepares-apparent-us-trucker-convoy-ottawa-protest-ends
Posted By: Cragar

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 12:11 PM

The first of the truckers should start arriving today.

This will get interesting I'm sure. I bet the current administration will have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Stay tuned. laugh

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 12:20 PM

The POTUS will not be meeting with anyone in this manner. So we shall see how the spin is spun.
There's a scene in the movie Braveheart where John Wallace is gathering the men.... and then....

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 02:21 PM

They are already mobilizing the NG in DC ... this could get ugly real quick.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 03:16 PM

I'm with Scuba on this one. They are referring to the truckers as "terrorists"? Little do they know. If I'm in charge of politics, last group I can think of I'd want to get on the wrong side of would be the truckers. Not the sound of roaring engines.....honking horns, etc, but the sound of silence. No trucks deliveries of food and essentials to the big cities and things would get busy real quick.

The deal is they have to have a just cause.....and they have to stick together. They could bring DC to it's knees in a couple days if they stuck together. But likely as not......somebody would break.

The thing in Ottawa that became obvious. It was not a surprise that Truedope and his minions would order the police to break up the protest by having cops stampede those big draft horses through the crowd. It was a surprise there were cops that would actually do it.

The nameless rabble have the ability to take down a government......but they have to stick together to do it.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 03:37 PM

It was a surprise there were cops that would actually do it.

We might "Back the Blue" to our own peril. I was listening to a talk radio program a week or so back and a high ranking police officer said do not trust the rank & file cop to come to your aid in a time of crisis. His thinking was most high level LE were politicized and would do whatever they're told and their underlings would also follow the path of least resistence. They'll do what they're told. Many will come to their senses only after the country has gone up in flames.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 04:37 PM

It was a surprise there were cops that would actually do it.

We might "Back the Blue" to our own peril. I was listening to a talk radio program a week or so back and a high ranking police officer said do not trust the rank & file cop to come to your aid in a time of crisis. His thinking was most high level LE were politicized and would do whatever they're told and their underlings would also follow the path of least resistence. They'll do what they're told. Many will come to their senses only after the country has gone up in flames.

You nailed it, just like the Germans at the Nuremberg trails , who said they were just following orders.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 05:55 PM

Website for one of the convoys. Has routes and such.
https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 06:23 PM

Website for one of the convoys. Has routes and such.
https://thepeoplesconvoy.org/

That's great. You can buy a seat and ride shotgun for $5,000. Diesel fuel ain't cheap.
Posted By: grampy

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 06:37 PM

Don't make the mistake Canada's truckers made, and stay too long . Better to remain mobile, even if in smaller segments throughout the cities, you will be seen and maybe even more so. They can re route a single convoy, but not so easy to re route numerous smaller ones.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by grampy
Don't make the mistake Canada's truckers made, and stay too long . Better to remain mobile, even if in smaller segments throughout the cities, you will be seen and maybe even more so. They can re route a single convoy, but not so easy to re route numerous smaller ones.

From what I understand there are several headed to D.C. I don't even think they plan on entering D.C. Just a moving "blockade" of sorts surrounding D.C.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 07:17 PM

They should put a D-10 in the lead of the convoy when it gets to DC

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 07:18 PM

I don't understand why it has to have a stated purpose. What if they're doing just because they can. Isn't that what FREEDOM's about. This is the USA......am I missing something?
Posted By: hippie

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 07:42 PM

What part of "end the mandates" is so hard to figure out? Been their purpose from the start.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/23/22 11:39 PM

I see the brave folks in D.C. are putting the fences up again. Cowards.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/24/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
I see the brave folks in D.C. are putting the fences up again. Cowards.

I betcha Nancy P has a nephew or cousins kid with a rent-a-fence place outside Baltimore and the Capitol police get a deal on fencing they don't need.

Re: American freedom convoy - 02/24/22 12:07 AM

Yeppers " Fort Peelousy " is going up again. This time the insurrection arrives by semi crazy

I think that fence and wire was going to go up anyway because of sniffy reading some stuff of a teleprompter after his first year of screw ups
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: American freedom convoy - 03/03/22 01:34 AM

Fizzled out or what ?

Re: American freedom convoy - 03/03/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
Fizzled out or what ?

The convoy is not getting covered because of the russian attack on Ukraine. The lack of coverage also keeps the convoy from growing.

If the media doesn't cover something, in many ways, it's like it didn't happen anymore.

Keith

Re: American freedom convoy - 03/03/22 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
Fizzled out or what ?

The convoy is not getting covered because of the russian attack on Ukraine. The lack of coverage also keeps the convoy from growing.

If the media doesn't cover something, in many ways, it's like it didn't happen anymore.

Keith

I don't expect the convoy would have been given coverage if Putin was handing out vodka in Ukraine.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums