Home

About time to quit

Posted By: CaseXX

About time to quit - 02/21/22 04:13 AM

Chewing scrap tobacco. I buy my stuff buy the box. Beechnut, Bout 24 bucks a box, 12 packs and I get 2 boxes at a time. I realized I was almost out so I asked her to stop and just get me one bag for tomorrow. 1 bag redman chew 13 bucks at the gas station. That's just retarded, thinking bout givin it up.
Posted By: Posco

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 04:44 AM

$20 a bag here at a local convenience store. I used to chew it and couldn't believe the price. You know they've gone woke and are dropping the name. Going to be labeled America's Best.
Posted By: Marty

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 04:48 AM

just dump it.
Posted By: waggler

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 04:57 AM

"Retarded"
You said it.
Just stop, I did it years ago. Not really that hard, get past three weeks, then never go back. Not even to just bum one chew off a friend.
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 05:10 AM

Waggler your post says it, that 3 week thing might just do it. How bout smokes? I've never smoked, anybody know how much are they? not going to smoke, can't, just curious.
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 05:21 AM

Stand strong, you can make it happen. Days 3 - 7 will be the worst. There’s a lot of people behind you.

Owl
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 05:38 AM

Smokes 8 to 10 bucks a pack, i smoked when i drank or drove long distance. Stopped in Arizona about 8 years ago to grab a pack for the 11 hour drive home $ 9.95 a pack. Bought jerky instead haven't had one sense , do have a good cigar maybe once a year.

Now Copenhagen is a different story and its 7 bucks a can .
Posted By: MattLA

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 05:41 AM

Stopped jeez gotta be atleast 3 years ago, used to dip. I still have dreams every now, where I will throw a dip in and relive the rush, but I wake up saying NO NO NO! Ha, you can do it brother. Agree with day 3-7, and then again after 3 weeks.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 07:42 AM

Chew gum it helped me quit.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 10:05 AM

Yep. Big brother has taxed tobacco so heavy its tough to pay for. I smoke a cigar 3-4 times a year. Everytime I do though I have a thought in my head to buy another. I like tobacco. A lot. I miss my Levi Garrett.
Posted By: VH60

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 10:32 AM

Dipped two cans of Copenhagen a day since about 1978 . Several years ago the doc told me I had precancerous tissue in my mouth . I had burned two holes into my cheeks and jaw on either side of my mouth . I could reach in and scrape a fair size gob of flesh out of either side . Then I had to have a chunk of the roof of my mouth taken out . It was time to quit . Hardest thing I've ever done .
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 10:36 AM

When I was a kid I would go in the grocery store and buy cigs for 25 cents a pack "for my Dad" laugh My body told me I had to quit over 40 yrs ago.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SpottedOwl
Stand strong, you can make it happen. Days 3 - 7 will be the worst. There’s a lot of people behind you.

Owl

Yes
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 11:32 AM

Chew beef jerky in a can instead
Posted By: micheal

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 01:19 PM

Trade one habit for another
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 02:02 PM

Quit tobacco about 20 years ago. Grew up with chew on the farm very young. Smoked camel humps for years. 3 packs a day sometimes. Giving up chew wasn't bad because I smoked too. Gave up cigarettes for love of a woman. God bless her. Still craved one over a year but never caved in. You can quit if you really want to. Good luck it will be for the better.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 02:04 PM

everyone has a price , they just can't get over mentally .

my grandma decided her price was 25 cents a pack for smokes , when they went to 25 cents a pack she quit and got out a big jar and started dropping 25 cents in each day rather than buy a pack

after 2 years she took that jar and bough a 3/4 length Mink coat , she is 93 and still has the coat and was still wearing it.

so what year did smokes go to 25 cents a pack , don't know but a fur coat can last someone a very very long time.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 02:20 PM

They were 25 cent in aboat 1962 or 64.
Posted By: charles

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 02:31 PM

Years ago my barber had mouth cancer from chewing all day. Said he had to switch to the other side after a disfiguring and painful surgery.

I grew up in tobacco county. Worked in the fields and in the warehouses. We grew it also. The stuff is nasty.
Posted By: run

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
"Retarded"
You said it.
Just stop, I did it years ago. Not really that hard, get past three weeks, then never go back. Not even to just bum one chew off a friend.

I agree.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 03:57 PM

They still have Redman. Looks like the pc police missed this product. Try smoking a pipe, it helped me quit.
Posted By: coondagger2

Re: About time to quit - 02/21/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
They still have Redman. Looks like the pc police missed this product. Try smoking a pipe, it helped me quit.

No they didn't. It isn't called Red man anymore. It's "America's Best" now
© 2024 Trapperman Forums