Home

Russia?

Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Russia? - 02/22/22 01:33 PM

I heard Russia invaded Ukraine last night, but no posts on it this morning? Seems odd that no one is interested!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 01:40 PM

Old Joe certainly wanted them to fight.
Ukraine President said he didn't need Joe's help that it was ruining their economy
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 01:51 PM

Been following the situation myself. Putin’s 54min speech to his security council was quite interesting, as he laid out the history of Ukraine.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Old Joe certainly wanted them to fight.
Ukraine President said he didn't need Joe's help that it was ruining their economy

Dimwit Joe is toxic! No one wants what he is selling!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 01:58 PM

Headline this morning said the German PM sanctioned the pipeline. That's what needed to be done, but the people pulling Joey's strings won't do it.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 02:30 PM

But dumdum will saction our own pipelines. Who's side is he on.....seems pretty obvious!
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 02:38 PM

Our sitting president (and his sidekick) are an embarrassment in the Ukraine situation. If anything, their inept handling of this will encourage Putin to roll into the Ukraine unopposed.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 02:39 PM

Claims to only picked on the 2 that Russian separatest are in control of so far.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 02:39 PM

We are being invaded on our Southern border and it's no concern to the current administration, Russia will probably come in from the North next and annex Alaska and Joe will give them another sanction. Russia might team up with Canada and squeeze us into submission with the help of China, they sure don't worry about getting another sanction, what a joke this new administration is.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 02:56 PM

I have many Ukrainian and Russian friends here in the US, and many of them are friends with each other. When I ask them about the situation about all I get is a big yawn.

I think the tug-of-war for this piece of real estate between Russia and Ukrainian has been going on for hundreds of years, nothing new here.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 03:22 PM

Germany recently shut down two nuclear power plants, may have been their last two? Anyways now where are they going to get power and heat their homes? Russian natural gas, they don't have their own.

Ukrainian president, did we or the CIA help get him elected?

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:05 PM

That "Hot war" that Adam Schiff was all the time squawking about, what happened to that? So they've been having a "Hot war" over there all this time, but now it's what something different?

Russia was paying Ukraine billions of dollars a year to pipe natural gas across their country. So they were in a "Hot war" and exchanging billions of dollars at the same time.

Just like the big covid lie, there's a lot here kept hidden or manufactured.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:45 PM

I think all of this Russia crap is just a red herring to distract us from the crimes our own government is committing.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo
Headline this morning said the German PM sanctioned the pipeline. That's what needed to be done, but the people pulling Joey's strings won't do it.

The more we hear of Joe & Russia, it might be time to investigate his collusion with them for the favors he's granted Putin.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:54 PM

I think Brandon wanted to stir this pot in the hopes that he would come out looking like a tough guy, and thereby improve his public image.

I think this is back-firing on him.

Let Russia and Ukraine deal with this, it's just two corrupt governments squabbling with each other.
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mark K
I think all of this Russia crap is just a red herring to distract us from the crimes our own government is committing.

I think your spot on….DISTRACTON

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
I think Brandon wanted to stir this pot in the hopes that he would come out looking like a tough guy, and thereby improve his public image.

Let Russia and Ukraine deal with this, it's just two corrupt governments squabbling with each other.

Heard a clip on Hannity of Biden saying there is no person better than him that can stand toe to toe with Putin.
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Oh Snap

I think your spot on….DISTRACTON

Me too. I think it has been orchestrated from the beginning to give Biden a win. Then give Putin whatever he ends up getting for not going in fully.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7

Heard a clip on Hannity of Biden saying there is no person better than him that can stand toe to toe with Putin.

In an Indian leg wrastlin match?

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 05:36 PM

I think that Joe and Hunter have a lot of business in Ukrainian that they want hidden so any of his decisions will be based on a cover up!
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 05:37 PM

"toe to toe" it has to be something other than a coherant sentence.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 05:39 PM

Putin and Biden made a deal.
Putin can take the donbas and Biden can take Alberta.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 06:05 PM

I think it's a lot more likely Biden's people would beg Putin to wait until after the mid term elections. Would be surprised if that hadn't been offered or considered. Wait till after Nov, and then do whatever you want and we'll look the other way.

Biden would have to be completely insane to think there's any way he could look good in this situation.

Democrat rats are abandoning ship on him left and right as it is. No way do they want the clown making things worse on his own.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 06:08 PM

He proved he was tough with his cornpop story.
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 06:34 PM

remember the Obama live mike statement "I'll have more flexibility after the election". Dems always been working with Russia, the mormon was roasted when he said the Russians were more dangerous than Isis or alcada or whatever it was back then. Biden is just following what the boss did.
Funny how it always seems that after a while the truth comes out and we were right and the dems are left with being on the wrong side of everything.
I can hardly wait to find out about the 2020 election, the origin of Covid, and when they knew that masks and mandates were of no value fighting the pandemic.
this is why they are so very petrified about losing control of the committees.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 06:38 PM

The enemy is running our country now. A couple mean tweets would've kept him at bay.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 07:04 PM

Whatever is going on its about money. My guess is Biden and his cronies want kick backs from the pipeline somehow and Putin is posturing trying to get the pipeline finished.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 07:40 PM

“Defending Freedom has a cost” Our President Biden, 2/22/2022. He claims he is working hard to reduce the price at the pump.

He has been wrong on everything his whole career/life! “ Robert Gates

Trump lowered gas prices., easy answer through strength and wisdom! Joe is dumb as a box of rocks and a puppet!
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 08:26 PM

There was one post who describe Ukrainians and Russians as yawning at this, they are right. There is a lot of history that has to be covered, but the basic principle here is that Putin really does not want NATO that close to Moscow. Other than that Russia really does not care that much about Ukraine, historically they have always been very very close. All we are doing is making the situation worse by saber rattling and using our "knowledge" to say what Russia is planning. The sanctions don't mean a thing for Russia nor will they do very much at all. Russia has been sanctioned for a long time now, and has made a lot of moves so that the sanctions wont hurt them. The pipeline ONLY benefits Germany, there is no loss there for Russia, they have no shortage of customers to sell too. If the rest of the world wants to remove that ability except from the countries that work with Russia who are also sanctioned, that's what will happen. Russia has more land, more natural resources and is in a lot better shape to fight another cold war, a real war, or any other sort of conflict than we are.

The other thing is that we do have a wide open southern border, so it's a little hypocritical that we are trying "keep a country's sovereign rights" but refuse to protect our own.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 08:57 PM

Biden, being in his perpetual stupor seems more like a spectator or a man offering commentary than he does a leader. This is the leader of the free world? We're hosed.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Whatever is going on its about money. My guess is Biden and his cronies want kick backs from the pipeline somehow and Putin is posturing trying to get the pipeline finished.

Wouldn't be surprised if once the pipeline is finished we start buying oil from Putin.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 09:10 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if once the pipeline is finished we start buying oil from Putin.

It is being reported that we already are supporting Russia with purchasing oil from them!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 09:10 PM

Last year about 7% of our oil came from Russia. This year, since biden slowed our production, 11% of our oil comes from Russia, from companies Putin owns part of.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/02/21/russia-is-a-major-supplier-of-oil-to-the-us/

Keith

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 09:19 PM

Nordstream is for selling Russian gas to Germany and Europe. To circumvent gas flowing across Ukraine, and Russia having to pay Ukraine.

We've been buying oil from Russia, our worst adversary, all along. What's that tell you, they ain't really adversary's are they.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 09:20 PM

Only two ways to curb inflation and/or a recession: EXPORT IT to another country or have a WAR. There ain't been an economist, that I know of, every solved inflation/recession problems internally to their own country. Any guesses which the left needs?
Posted By: iron rob

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:19 PM

Can someone give me a good reason why the U.S should get involved in this? The way I understand it They’ve been in a civil war for 8 years, many people in eastern Ukraine speak Russian and want to join Russia.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by iron rob
Can someone give me a good reason why the U.S should get involved in this? The way I understand it They’ve been in a civil war for 8 years, many people in eastern Ukraine speak Russian and want to join Russia.

I don't see any good enough reason for us to get involved in Europe's mess. Europe continuously fails to meet their commitments to NATO and the US. Screw Europe!

Keith
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:30 PM

Everyone in Ukraine can speak Russian. Some choose to speak Ukrainian or some other regional dialect. Many people in Ukraine are of Russian descent. That doesn't mean they have any desire to be under the thumb of Putin. That was what the Orange Revolution was all about.

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:31 PM

It is compareable to the anti movement.
Fishermen and Hunters say for the most part-"I dont care about trapping-Its not my bag,who cares if trapping is banned-it doesnt affect me-,I'm a hunter or I'm a fisherman".

Then one more leg is kicked out from under the chair,and the fight comes closer and closer,until there is no one left to stand with you when the wolf is at the door.

Patton understood the concept in 1944.So did Reagan.
Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:41 PM

Many Ukrainians worship Reagan like a god. They attribute their freedom directly to him. I have met older Ukrainians who wish the Soviet Union had never been dissolved.
Posted By: corky

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 10:54 PM

Biden's sanctions are so tough that the Russian stock market was up 6.5% today. LOL

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by corky
Biden's sanctions are so tough that the Russian stock market was up 6.5% today. LOL

He has made the US the laughing stock of the whole world! He thinks of himself as a godfather, but of what I haven't a clue. Maybe cornpop!
Posted By: spjones

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 11:23 PM

Even our own communist party here in Canada is criticizing our leader

Pretty sure we giving you guys a run for “greatest moron” award

Re: Russia? - 02/22/22 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by spjones

We're going to have to go extra innings on this one.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 01:19 AM

I'd like to see Alberta become part of the US. Then we could cross the "border"
without needing a passport to bear hunt.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 01:37 AM

If we got Alberta, might as well get Sask with it, as long as we didn't have to take any of the east libtard provences! lol
Posted By: spjones

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 01:55 AM

Hopefully Canada doesn’t break up

It’s always darkest before dawn

If it did happen, ideally the western provinces would form an independent nation of sorts

Again, sincerely hope it doesn’t come too that. And I doubt it will
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:07 AM

Compare Putin to Hitler in the late 1930's.

Hitler wanted to expand eastward,
and started annexing territory and
countries and nobody wanted to
confront him over it.

He annexed Austria, the Sudetenland,
Czechoslovokia with Chamberlain appeasing
him to avoid war.

Eventually he invaded Poland to start WWII.

Obama, Europe, and NATO should have checked
Putin when He crossed the Ukraine border
and then invaded and annexed Crimea.

Nobody called him out and now he'll keep going
until somebody slams the door on him.

Remember your history.

w
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:44 AM

Well the Ukraine was a part of Russia for centuries .
It became independent in 1991, when the Soviet Union dissolved after the Cold War.
Now to make Russia a better place for himself or for his people Putin wants it back .
It's the bread basket of the area .
https://inews.co.uk/news/world/ukra...nvasion-vladimir-putin-explained-1418901

Personally I think Biden and others have big financual interest in the Ukraine .
Remember how he threatened them by withholding government aid unless they fired the AG ?
Seems he was investigating Hunters and Bidens stake in the Ukraine gas company .

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed

Compare Putin to Hitler in the late 1930's.

Hitler wanted to expand eastward,
and started annexing territory and
countries and nobody wanted to
confront him over it.

He annexed Austria, the Sudetenland,
Czechoslovokia with Chamberlain appeasing
him to avoid war.

Eventually he invaded Poland to start WWII.

Obama, Europe, and NATO should have checked
Putin when He crossed the Ukraine border
and then invaded and annexed Crimea.

Nobody called him out and now he'll keep going
until somebody slams the door on him.

Remember your history.

w

Poland and the baltics are next.Then Finland.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by spjones

We're going to have to go extra innings on this one.

Indian leg wrastlin match!

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:20 AM

It seems as though there are some wanting to make this the next middle east (Afghanistan). I hope I'm wrong!
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 04:50 AM

This is going to be a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) show and lead to the next world War

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 04:54 AM

Why do we let a handful of politicians hold 330 million people hostage? There's got to be a better way.
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 04:54 AM

Putin will do as he pleases
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 05:43 AM

Not so different what Putin is doing than what the US did back in 1848 taking 500,000 sq miles from Mexico. First we annexed Texas, than beat their butts (because we could) and relieved them of the rest of the Mexican southwest.

So Russia has annexed Crimea and seems primed to take the rest of Ukraine now ....because they can.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Not so different what Putin is doing than what the US did back in 1848 taking 500,000 sq miles from Mexico. First we annexed Texas, than beat their butts (because we could) and relieved them of the rest of the Mexican southwest.

So Russia has annexed Crimea and seems primed to take the rest of Ukraine now ....because they can.

Can we please, Please --- PLEASE - give them back californification in reparations ??????
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

Can we please, Please --- PLEASE - give them back californification in reparations ??????

If only we could.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by H2ORat

As long as we require Bernie Sanders to live there since he is a commie lover.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 11:35 AM

I suspect support for shutting down that pipeline is coming from the same people that shut down keystone and are behind the fuel price gouging we all enjoy so much now. Pointing at Putin and squawking about Russia wanting to reclaim a part of the world that has been traditionally Russian is just misdirection. The people in Ukraine even speak Russian.

If a guy from rural GA takes a trip to rural Maine they are both speaking English but understanding each other is not easy. How about a guy from rural Australia visiting in Williamsburg KS. Might both speak English but it will take awhile to get some comprehension. Thats the way Russian is spoken too. Just different dialects.

There is no threat to the U.S. except by the people telling us there is one. Those are the people who are our real enemy. The ones trying to destroy us by destroying the dollar, destroying our ability to manufacture, destroying our ability to produce and distribute our own fuel, destroying our ability to live with each other by promoting racism and class warfare. The guy on TV saying there, there is your enemy, is really your enemy. He is the one taking your liberty.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 11:44 AM

Our northern neighbors are now living under tyranny and there are many in this country he are/would do the same. Invasion from the south and Taliban/Isis among us thanks to China Joe. Russia is the least of this countries worries.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
Our northern neighbors are now living under tyranny and there are many in this country he are/would do the same. Invasion from the south and Taliban/Isis among us thanks to China Joe. Russia is the least of this countries worries.

Settle down, Big Joe has told us that climate change and domestic terrorism is our biggest threat. eek

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 01:59 PM

Anybody know where the troops that stupid sent over there went? I think it was eight thousand troops he sent over there, and haven't heard a peep since. He has a track record of getting our boys killed, I think he is the enemy of this country.

And this theory that putin will just keep going! Sounds like a good excuse to just escalate this thing to me! To bad we can't trust the news services. What a world we live in!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:36 PM

We are now in a debate as to what constitutes an "invasion" Putin can get what he wants and the World will watch and debate. Ukraine is a lot like Yugoslavia was, a country that was made up of many smaller states or smaller units divided a lot by ethnicity and when they were given freedom they have spent many years killing each other. It is now a matter of what will constitute the rationale for a more major invasion. There has been fighting in two of those states since 2014 so that is not new, just significantly increased. It is going to be real easy for Russia to formulate a cause, be it real or fabricated. We will wait to see how much territory Russia feels they can get at the lowest cost to them. When one considers Georgia, Syria, Crimea, and others Putin has never lost nor has he been rebuked soundly in any way. He has won all of these and probably feels he can win this one.

Bryce
Posted By: grampy

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:45 PM

It's all in the timing. Putin must believe in that saying "patience is a virtue". Next.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 02:59 PM

Biden was never particularly bright, not on his best day. He's a puppet and his cognitive decline is easy to manipulate.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:20 PM

"Brent crude prices hit $96.7 per barrel on Tuesday, the highest mark since September 2014, following Russian President Vladimir Putin’s deployment of troops to separatist areas Donetsk and Luhansk in Ukraine. While the West has termed it a blatant violation of international law, the rising global tensions and threat of invasion in Ukraine have caused oil prices to surge and the stock markets to crash."

Who exports oil? Putin is a genius. He is making bank for Russia.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:25 PM

Sniffy Joe needs to wear his aviator glasses all the time as he will look so much tougher. Glasses will also hide some of his horrid skin complexion.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bodycount
Sniffy Joe needs to wear his aviator glasses all the time as he will look so much tougher. Glasses will also hide some of his horrid skin complexion.

Biden lives in the shadow of Obama. It's dark enough without the glasses.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:38 PM

It is a distraction. The media needs to start reporting just the truth. They only report what they're told & censor lots of things

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 03:54 PM

w[/quote]
Poland and the baltics are next.Then Finland.[/quote]

Boco, I really don't think that is likely. That is the same line of talk that is being put forward by the good-old-boy Republican/Democrat swamp. They have always been itching for ways to get the US involved with skirmishes in far away places. It is good for their bank accounts. Brandon is hoping the American people will get behind him on this one; I don't think we are going to take the bait this time.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 04:20 PM

Kamela needs to use lip gloss as her oversized lips are full of wrinkles. When on the world stage she should look her best.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
We are now in a debate as to what constitutes an "invasion" Putin can get what he wants and the World will watch and debate. Ukraine is a lot like Yugoslavia was, a country that was made up of many smaller states or smaller units divided a lot by ethnicity and when they were given freedom they have spent many years killing each other. It is now a matter of what will constitute the rationale for a more major invasion. There has been fighting in two of those states since 2014 so that is not new, just significantly increased. It is going to be real easy for Russia to formulate a cause, be it real or fabricated. We will wait to see how much territory Russia feels they can get at the lowest cost to them. When one considers Georgia, Syria, Crimea, and others Putin has never lost nor has he been rebuked soundly in any way. He has won all of these and probably feels he can win this one.

Bryce

"NATO has been leading a peace-support operation in Kosovo – the Kosovo Force (KFOR) – since June 1999."

Yugoslavia.

Western Europe Population 196,908,727
Russia Population 145,478,097
European Union Population 447,007,596
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Anybody know where the troops that stupid sent over there went? I think it was eight thousand troops he sent over there, and haven't heard a peep since. He has a track record of getting our boys killed, I think he is the enemy of this country.

And this theory that putin will just keep going! Sounds like a good excuse to just escalate this thing to me! To bad we can't trust the news services. What a world we live in!

Agreed 100% Lee!

I may be totally wrong about the situation, but the way I see it Putin has a legitimate point about NATO expansion towards his borders. NATO has increasingly expanded there reaches right to his front door. Somebody appears to be lying. Russia says that NATO promised them they would not continue expand east of Germany. NATO and the US say that they never said that. So.....,someone is lying.

I can see Russia's point about trying to keep a buffer between them and western Europe. After all, it was France and Napoleon and Germany and Hitler that invaded Russia in past history.

After the fall of USSR, it appears to me that all NATO, US, and EU have done is push Russia around and never really give them any compromise or a seat at the negotiation table. The compromise never appears to be in mutual but always slanted towards NATO and its allies.

I think Putin does not want anything to do with globalists, NATO, progressivism, etc. I think he wants a place at the table in how things are done. Currently, the US, NATO, EU don't want him there. Russia has given up Cuba, eastern Germany, Afghanistan, many of the Slavic nations, etc. Now, we are knocking on the front door for Ukraine. All at the same time, NATO and the EU have steadily expanded to his doorstep. What else is he supposed to give up........their sovereignty as a country? Follow suit with the rest of the Progressive world?

I don't think these sanctions will have much affect on Russia; as Putin has positioned himself very well for the crap show that is coming down the pike. It is my OPINION, that NATO and the EU want what Russia has, and they want the US to get it for them.
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 05:59 PM

Thank you! It's nice to hear from a competent, educated and knowledgeable person.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by bodycount
Kamela needs to use lip gloss as her oversized lips are full of wrinkles. When on the world stage she should look her best.

Last time I saw a set of lips like that, they had a hook in them !!!! laugh

walleyed

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 06:30 PM

Kosoi, thanks for chiming in! Since things have got so crazy in this country and in the rest of the western world, my wife and I was talking about where a person could go to find some stability in this world and personal freedom. I mentioned Russia, and we agreed that the Siberia area would be a nice area. Trouble is, I'm 75, and learning the language would be a real obsticle. Also not sure how Putin and the leaders would feel about an American moving there.

Chancey and I are of the same mindset about many things. He spelled out my feelings about this, prolly better than I could have! It's a shame that People always want to fight about things, just over a few differences! All the best to you sir!
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 07:06 PM

Kosoi, thanks for chiming in! Since things have got so crazy in this country and in the rest of the western world, my wife and I was talking about where a person could go to find some stability in this world and personal freedom. I mentioned Russia, and we agreed that the Siberia area would be a nice area. Trouble is, I'm 75, and learning the language would be a real obsticle. Also not sure how Putin and the leaders would feel about an American moving there.

Chancey and I are of the same mindset about many things. He spelled out my feelings about this, prolly better than I could have! It's a shame that People always want to fight about things, just over a few differences! All the best to you sir!

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 07:57 PM

Thanks
Lee Steinmeier for your choice. there are a lot of quiet cozy places in russia. i don't think the migration service will prevent you from moving to russia. you should first inquire locally about it. if there are any questions. email me privately.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:06 PM

Can anyone name the four recent years that Russia did not invade anywhere?

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 3togo
I'd like to see Alberta become part of the US. Then we could cross the "border"
without needing a passport to bear hunt.

Keep dreaming
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Name 4 recent years the U.S has not first.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

You dont understand, This is my question and it was intended for mature audiance only.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:57 PM

grin

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 08:57 PM

I'm not aware of any Russian 'invasions' from 2016-2020.

Invasion is such a harsh word! When NATO does it, they call it 'peace keeping!'

I wonder if this "Ukraine War" is actually a war being provoked by the US and Britain? According to the Pentagon, since 2014, the US has committed more than $2.7 billion in security assistance to build the capacity of Ukraine’s forces, including more than $650 million in 2021 alone. Since 2015, the UK has gifted 2.2 million in military aid to Ukraine.

When you back someone up against a wall, they really only have two options.......surrender or fight. Given the incredible history of the Russian people, I don't see them going gently into that good night.

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chancey
I'm not aware of any Russian 'invasions' from 2016-2020.

Invasion is such a harsh word! When NATO does it, they call it 'peace keeping!'

I wonder if this "Ukraine War" is actually a war being provoked by the US and Britain? According to the Pentagon, since 2014, the US has committed more than $2.7 billion in security assistance to build the capacity of Ukraine’s forces, including more than $650 million in 2021 alone. Since 2015, the UK has gifted 2.2 million in military aid to Ukraine.

When you back someone up against a wall, they really only have two options.......surrender or fight. Given the incredible history of the Russian people, I don't see them going gently into that good night.

The West backed a Revolution in Ukraine months before a scheduled election in 2014, they replaced the democratically elected pro Russian President and the new President immediately backed out of a Russian trade deal in support of a deal with the Europeans. Then you have Biden admitting that he is controlling personnel in the Ukrainian Govt "I said fire that SOB or no loan" (paraphrasing). Beyond NATO there were also talks of Ukraine joining the EU. Of course Putin/Russia did not want a NATO/EU Naval base at their border and to lose their trade partners to the EU.

Biden is trying to look strong/capable after the Afgan debacle (which he know would happen as he stated on video 10 years ago). I'm unsure why they think goading Russia is the best course of action while China continues to claim and make moves all over Asia.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Russia? - 02/23/22 11:26 PM

Thanks Chancey, that also fits with what I have been observing. Nice to hear from Kosoi too.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:02 AM

I don't know if I understand your question. But, no, I can't think of anywhere they have invaded in recent years. Crimea was in 2014 I believe, but I think Russia may have had a strong case for reclaiming title there?? And maybe around the same time they went into Georgia, wasn't that in order to put down Muslim terrorists? Hmm, who else has done that I wonder?
Posted By: MJM

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:06 AM

I could care less about Russia. The European Union, NATO, and United Nations, those are things to be scared of.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:15 AM

I don't know if I understand your question. But, no, I can't think of anywhere they have invaded in recent years. Crimea was in 2014 I believe, but I think Russia may have had a strong case for reclaiming title there?? And maybe around the same time they went into Georgia, wasn't that in order to put down Muslim terrorists? Hmm, who else has done that I wonder?

Syria, Turkey (accidently), Russian Mercenaries have been used in multiple wars in Africa (not sure if that counts)

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:24 AM

[Linked Image]

A fully independent Ukraine emerged only late in the 20th century, after long periods of successive domination by Poland-Lithuania, Russia, and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R.). Ukraine had experienced a brief period of independence in 1918–20, but portions of western Ukraine were ruled by Poland, Romania, and Czechoslovakia in the period between the two World Wars, and Ukraine thereafter became part of the Soviet Union as the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (S.S.R.).

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:55 AM

Thank you for the kind word KOSOI, Lee, and cfowler, but I really didn't put up anything other than what I observe and then base them on the actions I see taken.

What I know for certain is this. Our government lies to us all the time; both parties. My state and the rest of the Union is under Invasion through our southern border as we speak without one shot being fired. For years, and years, nothing has been done by either party to circumvent this. It has increasingly worsened and gotten out of control in the last year. This is how I see it, why would I trust anything coming out of the current administration about any one else's border, when I know they are lying about our very own? Simple observation will prove this point. So, with that said, I don't trust a word about what our government says about your country.

Mr. Lee and I do see a lot in common. He's an expert coyote trapper and makes some very handy trapping tools to boot!

KSOI, I would love to know more about where you live and the circumstances you and your family face daily? Years ago, I watched a documentary called Wild Russia and it fascinated me. Ya'll have 11 time zones! That is hard for me to even wrap my mind around. I'll tell you a bit about myself....

I live in what is called the blackland prairie of Texas. We have row crops consisting mostly of field corn, milo, and cotton. There is also quite a bit of wheat produced as well. These areas are also have pastureland where cattle grazing takes place. Many of the landowners both farm and raise cattle. They try to work them both to get the most production......rotating crops and grazing makes for some good coyote trapping as there are always field roads, fences, stock tanks, etc to work with.

In the last 2 years, our area has been bombarded with development. All of our farmland is being replaced with solar panels and rooftops to provide homes for people that previously did not live here. They call it progress, but for our local small and medium sized farmers it is a death sentence. Most of the farmers around here that own their land or what I refer to as land rich and money poor. They are the ones currently getting their eyeballs screwed out due to rising property taxes, development, etc.

Anyhow, Thank you for your posts, and please keep contributing to this forum. There are some wonderful and very knowledgeable people here. Chancey

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt

[Linked Image]

A fully independent Ukraine emerged only late in the 20th century, after long periods of successive domination by Poland-Lithuania, Russia, and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (U.S.S.R.). Ukraine had experienced a brief period of independence in 1918–20, but portions of western Ukraine were ruled by Poland, Romania, and Czechoslovakia in the period between the two World Wars, and Ukraine thereafter became part of the Soviet Union as the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (S.S.R.).

Dirt, you have an unbelievable ability of stating a valid point with little words!

However, I would love to know what you think about the situation...?

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 01:00 AM

I don't write books on here anymore. It is a waste of time. You did good job though.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
I could care less about Russia. The European Union, NATO, and United Nations, those are things to be scared of.

Isn't that the truth!!

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by MJM

Isn't that the truth!!

Might as well add the US to that list now days too! I can't believe how corrupt this .gov has gotten. Now even the FBI and injustice dept, can't trust any of them anymore!

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:49 AM

Chancey, write me a private message, for technical reasons, I can't start the conversation first. I promised that I would no longer participate in the discussion of politics, so let's talk there.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by KOSOI
Chancey, write me a private message, for technical reasons, I can't start the conversation first. I promised that I would no longer participate in the discussion of politics, so let's talk there.

You may start discussions on Ukraine KOSOI. I was leary of that first post that it may become contentious. It's okay to discuss this as long as it remains respectful by all.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:57 AM

If anybody wants to know what Russia is like....from an outsider perspective, just go around the USA. We have more similarities than you may think based on what people say. What's also true is that the USA is one of the few countries and governments that the Kremlin have always respected.

@Chauncey Agree whole heartedly with your comments, anybody familiar with Russia understands this. A simple read or watch on Gorbachevs response to most of this truly confirms it. It's a lose lose situation for us to get involved, Russia has no more to lose at this point.

The only worrisome thing at this point is that for probably the first time ever since WW2, our troops if they go to Ukraine beyond the ones that are only found in the shadows, is they stand a very real chance of death.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by KOSOI

You may start discussions on Ukraine KOSOI. I was leary of that first post that it may become contentious. It's okay to discuss this as long as it remains respectful by all.

Thank you paul... for allowing this conversation.... while its not trapping related it certainly effects our lives.... i get my best news on trapperman uneddited and un biased !!
from guys like minded as i >>
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 04:02 AM

Who's side are you on anyway

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 04:13 AM

As trappers, outdoorsmen, freedom lovers, lovers of family, God, and Country, we have much much more in common with the Russian (and Ukrainian) people than we have with about 35% (or more) of our fellow, woke, countrymen.
The swamp who are trying to run this Country do not want us to realize this commonality, they want to create hatred.
Do not fall for the bait.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 04:27 AM

As trappers, outdoorsmen, freedom lovers, lovers of family, God, and Country, we have much much more in common with the Russian (and Ukrainian) people than we have with about 35% (or more) of our fellow, woke, countrymen.
The swamp who are trying to run this Country do not want us to realize this commonality, they want to create hatred.

Very well said !! when the shtf ... donnersurivor might find himself in a bad spot..

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 04:45 AM

I'd sooner go to war with the left and to salvage this country I think it's inevitable. I'm more than prepared to do it.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 04:58 AM

Ukraine gave up there nukes long ago in exchange for security from the U.S. , the U.K. , and Russia .

I wonder if they feel betrayed ?

Had they still had them , Russia wouldn't be doing squat right now
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 07:01 AM

White17 any chance Russia and Ukraine are just putting on a big show to get oil prices up?
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chancey

Agreed 100% Lee!

I may be totally wrong about the situation, but the way I see it Putin has a legitimate point about NATO expansion towards his borders. NATO has increasingly expanded there reaches right to his front door. Somebody appears to be lying. Russia says that NATO promised them they would not continue expand east of Germany. NATO and the US say that they never said that. So.....,someone is lying.

I can see Russia's point about trying to keep a buffer between them and western Europe. After all, it was France and Napoleon and Germany and Hitler that invaded Russia in past history.

After the fall of USSR, it appears to me that all NATO, US, and EU have done is push Russia around and never really give them any compromise or a seat at the negotiation table. The compromise never appears to be in mutual but always slanted towards NATO and its allies.

I think Putin does not want anything to do with globalists, NATO, progressivism, etc. I think he wants a place at the table in how things are done. Currently, the US, NATO, EU don't want him there. Russia has given up Cuba, eastern Germany, Afghanistan, many of the Slavic nations, etc. Now, we are knocking on the front door for Ukraine. All at the same time, NATO and the EU have steadily expanded to his doorstep. What else is he supposed to give up........their sovereignty as a country? Follow suit with the rest of the Progressive world?

I don't think these sanctions will have much affect on Russia; as Putin has positioned himself very well for the crap show that is coming down the pike. It is my OPINION, that NATO and the EU want what Russia has, and they want the US to get it for them.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

This boils down to two opposing issues:

Putin wants to keep the warm water ports in the Crimea, and doesn't want globalist scumbag NATO in his backyard.

Brandon and his crackhead offspring want their Burisma cash to keep flowing and that goes away with Putin running Ukraine.

Not my fight. And it's not worth one American kid's life to keep Brandon's/Crackhead's pockets lined.

Biden is more of threat to my liberty than Putin ever dreamt of being.

Also, a little perspective for those afraid of Putin and Russia...

2020 Russian military spending = $61.7 billion.

2020 US military spending = $725 billion.

I wouldn't worry too much about Spetsnaz parachuting into your town anytime soon.

Mike

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

I trust Putiin to look after my interest as much as I trust the current federal government. I have zero faith in the Biden administration who has continued the disastrous Bush/Obama foreign policy moves.

I'm on the side of let's quit meddling overseas and fix the mess we have here.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 01:51 PM

I trust Putiin to look after my interest as much as I trust the current federal government. I have zero faith in the Biden administration who has continued the disastrous Bush/Obama foreign policy moves.

Ya can't argue with that ! This country needs to keep it's nose out of others business, unless they are doing something that seriously effects our business. This meddling in the worlds affairs just causes hatred around the world! We are not the planets cops.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 01:57 PM

We are not the planets cops.

Lee, I don't believe I've ever disagreed with a thing you said but if there is to be a world cop, I can't think of anyone better than us. I'm not talking about meddling but I am talking about a presence. Someone is going to fill the void.

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 02:18 PM

Yeah Posco, when you look at it like that! As crooked as our .gov has gotten, I'm not sure if there is a good choice anymore!
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 03:08 PM

Trump was trying to fix the mess, but got an almost overwhelming amount of resistance......from liberals....like.....
Posted By: adam m

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 05:25 PM

Seeing all these videos of jets and other aircraft flying low got me wondering..... if we were being invaded like this how many of us would be shooting at the low flying aircraft? I'm sure many would be.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Trump was trying to fix the mess, but got an almost overwhelming amount of resistance......from liberals....like.....

And they don't even see their blunder.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
Seeing all these videos of jets and other aircraft flying low got me wondering..... if we were being invaded like this how many of us would be shooting at the low flying aircraft? I'm sure many would be.

I would say almost 0.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Russia? - 02/24/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

I would say almost 0.

Idk about almost 0. There's a lot of trigger happy Patriots who would haves a blast trying to shoot down aircrafts. Add to that trigger happy gang members who love are happy to shoot enemies

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 12:30 AM

I'm on the side of let's quit meddling overseas and fix the mess we have here.[/quote]
Ya can't argue with that ! This country needs to keep it's nose out of others business, unless they are doing something that seriously effects our business. This meddling in the worlds affairs just causes hatred around the world! We are not the planets cops.[/quote]

Lee , I almost always agree with what you're saying , we are on the same side , but I think doing nothing sends a message of weakness . If Trump was still president ( and should be ) he would have taken action to convey the strength of the USA

None of us want to be the world's police but being in the driver's seat of this little planet requires responsibility

What say you ?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 12:49 AM

Well

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 01:12 AM

So Russia seized Chernobyl and it sounds as if it was a piece of cake. Pretty much wiped out Ukraine’s entire armies capabilities to fight back. All in less than a day. 1 stinkin’ day to pretty much take control. With a TON of notice! Ukraine sucks!

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 01:19 AM

So Russia seized Chernobyl and it sounds as if it was a piece of cake. Pretty much wiped out Ukraine’s entire armies capabilities to fight back. All in less than a day. 1 stinkin’ day to pretty much take control. With a TON of notice! Ukraine sucks!

You obviously aren't keeping up, Russia isn't even close to taking control of Ukraine.

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 01:32 AM

Imagine someone entered your house, killed a kid or two, and was making a coffee while you hid in the closet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Russia? - 02/25/22 01:50 AM

I would say almost 0.

I would agree. I would rather wait until they're on the ground. The ground I've hunted and trapped for many a moon.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums