Home

8 buck bacon

Posted By: jbyrd63

8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:15 PM

[Linked Image]
Been seeing this on the news but it finally happened here
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:21 PM

Not quite eight dollar bacon. Get the turkey bacon, it cost less and is better for you.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:25 PM

I ain't paying 8 bucks I got ton of deer bacon that taste lot better.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:27 PM

I just paid $10 for some of the natural nitrite free stuff. Probably be a long time before I splurge like that again.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Not quite eight dollar bacon. Get the turkey bacon, it cost less and is better for you.

Except it's not really bacon and it's not really better for you. So you're one for three.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Except it's not really bacon and it's not really better for you. So you're one for three.

The turkey bacon I've seen around here has more sodium than regular bacon.
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:00 PM

Just bought farmland for $3.99 each - limit 3
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:19 PM

Expensive
Posted By: BFP

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:23 PM

I just bought 3 15lb. Boxes for 50 dollars a box at cloverdale country store in Mandan, best bacon you can buy.
Posted By: corky

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:23 PM

At least that is for a pound. Here they raise the price and downsize from a pound to 12 ounces thinking many people won't notice.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by corky
At least that is for a pound. Here they raise the price and downsize from a pound to 12 ounces thinking many people won't notice.

That's going on everywhere and most people don't notice, they just grab it.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 05:56 PM

Problem is hog growers arent making the high profits the secondary is making......... let the high price stuff sit on the shelf, when they cant sell as thier supplies are overstocked they have to do something providing people dont pay the higher prices....
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 06:01 PM

Some stuff ya have to buy, no matter the price ..... like fuel.... bacon is not one of those things. Let it sit there and it ill be on offer for half that in a week.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 06:04 PM

Last week, I bought 8 # of bacon from a butcher set up at the Lewisburg Farm Market. It was $6 a pound. Best I’ve ever had.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 06:11 PM

That's blasphemy. Lol.
Posted By: hippie

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 06:35 PM

6 something here, but can get it on sale for under 5 pretty regular.

You need to get out of those chain stores jbird, they are ripoffs.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 06:42 PM

Costco $5 pound thick sliced
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:34 PM

bought 3 lbs at $9/lb about 3 weeks ago.

Good stuff, at my age I take quality over quantity.
Plus I like to support my local small butcher shop and its small local farmers they buy from instead of walmart
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
I just paid $10 for some of the natural nitrite free stuff. Probably be a long time before I splurge like that again.

Contrary to what you have been told. Nitrates are not bad for you, neither is salt and cholesterol. Bacon is part of our natural diet. We used nitrates as a perservative for a long time.

They had to blame something for the heart disease caused by carbhydrates and sugar. so they picked random things that dont effect their bottom line. FDA is as corrupt as all the other Amercan institutions.
Posted By: Short Track

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:49 PM

What is the fasciation with bacon?? It's 90% disgusting fat!! Greasy fatty nasty fat. and pigs are the most disgusting animal on the planet. I'd rather eat Raccoon.
then you're all proud of eating healthy venison, and ruin it by adding fat !!

You might as well eat McDonalds.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:52 PM

PS Animal fat ..(even pig) .is part of our natural diet and is good for you.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:53 PM

Guess the 49.99 I paid for a 10 pound box was a good deal.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:54 PM

No such thing. smile
Posted By: black beaver

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:57 PM

sick
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 07:58 PM

Local grocery store near here...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: black beaver

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 08:03 PM

Good thang I got hogs running all over the place here.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 09:03 PM

Except it's not really bacon and it's not really better for you. So you're one for three. blush

Bernie, you are correct. But that news hasn't reached everyone yet.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 09:19 PM

Why is it not better for you? It has about half the saturated fat pork bacon has.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 11:02 PM

Blasphemous! whistle

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 11:12 PM

Turkey bacon ...... whats next ???? Tofu jerky ?? No wonder the world is going to pot
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/22/22 11:17 PM

Why is it not better for you? It has about half the saturated fat pork bacon has.

Comparing Oscar Mayer's turkey and original bacon, the turkey bacon has more sodium, more cholesterol, and less protein. The original does have 2g more of fat, and 10 calories a slice difference. But fat in moderation is not unhealthy. Personally, I'd rather have the additional 3 grams of protein, than worry about the 2 grams of fat.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 01:07 AM

We raise pigs every other year
Posted By: Posco

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 01:15 AM

Lettuce and tomato sandwiches for me.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Short Track
What is the fasciation with bacon?? It's 90% disgusting fat!! Greasy fatty nasty fat. and pigs are the most disgusting animal on the planet. I'd rather eat Raccoon.

Cool!!!!!
I’ll sell ya coon for $4 a pound!
Half price!
Posted By: LDW

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 01:58 AM

We buy 3lb packages of Farmland bacon at Wally World for $18 and change.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 02:06 AM

There is a commie amoungst us, boys! whistle
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 02:29 AM

I've known many people over the years , that watched what they eat , and died at an early age .
Knew a lot that lived into their 90's and ate what they wanted , with the quote ( Rather enjoy life than do without ).
Watched them eat bacon bread , where they would soak the bread with hot bacon grease .
It all depends on your metabolism , everyone's different .
I eat all the fat and bacon grease I want , and have low cholesterol both combined is under 100 .
Just lucky is all .

I bought 30 pounds of bacon for $97.50 last fall .
Amish friends have a store they buy bulk from .
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 03:52 AM

[Linked Image]

Make your own. We just did 5 bellies ~55lbs at $2.58/lb
Posted By: furstroker

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 04:23 AM

I had to log back in to LOL at this guy. From New Yuck naturally.
Folks been living hap-hap-happy and long on good clean bacon, son.
You dont know much about pigs, do you?
So, outside of snacking on trash eating coons, what else you eat?

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Blasphemous! whistle

This guy's from the "other" side of PA. grin wink grin

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 04:34 AM

[Linked Image]

Raise yer own and sell them at a price to pay for yours and butchering. Everyone wants fresh pork, as long as
your taste buds arent broken. I gotta look up what i charged per pound this year.
It may of seemed high at the time, but now it's all a bargain.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 04:38 AM

I made some of the buck board bacon that was made by another fella on here. I couldn't tell the difference between it and "regular" bacon. Cheaper and just as good. Whoever it was THANK YOU !!!!

I do still buy Kroger bacon from time to time for 4.99 a lb. It is NOT consistent, but usually real good bacon.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
You can't put a price on one of the three basic food groups.

AMEN!

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by il.trapper
I made some of the buck board bacon that was made by another fella on here. I couldn't tell the difference between it and "regular" bacon. Cheaper and just as good. Whoever it was THANK YOU !!!!

I do still buy Kroger bacon from time to time for 4.99 a lb. It is NOT consistent, but usually real good bacon.
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...acon-or-whatever-you-call-it#Post7404372
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:05 AM

Thanks ADC!!! I have made it a few times now and really like it. My wife is VERY picky and even she likes it.
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:08 AM

I try to buy 10 lb boxes of ends and pieces for about a buck a pound.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:09 AM

What I made is long gone but I have a few pork butts in the freezer I got on-sale for $1.49lb. About time to thaw another one out. I got 5lb of Farmland bulk bacon for $20 a week or so ago, so I'm good for a few more days.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

No, no it doesn't. It never will either.
Prove me wrong. Send me some. wink laugh
Posted By: newfox1

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 12:52 PM

That old dude is my hero!!!

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by furstroker
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

No, no it doesn't. It never will either.
Prove me wrong. Send me some. wink laugh

Oh you are so wrong!! First off how do you know what mine taste like? I had it made from showalters the Amish butcher shop. It is addictive it’s so good !!
Posted By: MTHunter

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 06:56 PM

What is the fasciation with bacon?? It's 90% disgusting fat!! Greasy fatty nasty fat. and pigs are the most disgusting animal on the planet. I'd rather eat Raccoon. then you're all proud of eating healthy venison, and ruin it by adding fat !!

We grew up cooking with bacon fat. Grandparents lived into their 90’s! In lab studies, bacon fat is similar to Olive oil.

What’s killing us is Vegetable oil! Look at the label. 100% Soybean oil! When did Soybean become a vegetable? It’s in everything you buy!

As far a farm animal go, pigs are the smartest and the cleanest if you give them a chance.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:24 PM

I don't know how our parents and grand parents lived to such an old age,I guess what they didn't know didn't hurt them

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:34 PM

Fat is good for ya ..... but ya got to work it off. Its no good to have a high calorie diet, living a low calorie lifestyle. If ya don't burn the stuff off, it sticks to ya

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Fat is good for ya ..... but ya got to work it off. Its no good to have a high calorie diet, living a low calorie lifestyle. If ya don't burn the stuff off, it sticks to ya

Fat doesn't "Stick" to you, carbohydrates do. Carbohydrates are more easily converted to body fat.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)

I don't know how our parents and grand parents lived to such an old age,I guess what they didn't know didn't hurt them

They didn't have such easy access to an abundance of sugar.
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Buckboard bacon, $1.99 lb. Pork butts and a little time.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by ND FTA
You can't put a price on one of the three basic food groups.

AMEN!

Classic !!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 09:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Raise yer own and sell them at a price to pay for yours and butchering. Everyone wants fresh pork, as long as
your taste buds arent broken. I gotta look up what i charged per pound this year.
It may of seemed high at the time, but now it's all a bargain.

It's what we do

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/23/22 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by MTHunter
What is the fasciation with bacon?? It's 90% disgusting fat!! Greasy fatty nasty fat. and pigs are the most disgusting animal on the planet. I'd rather eat Raccoon. then you're all proud of eating healthy venison, and ruin it by adding fat !!

We grew up cooking with bacon fat. Grandparents lived into their 90’s! In lab studies, bacon fat is similar to Olive oil.

What’s killing us is Vegetable oil! Look at the label. 100% Soybean oil! When did Soybean become a vegetable? It’s in everything you buy!

As far a farm animal go, pigs are the smartest and the cleanest if you give them a chance.

Thats totally true. Bacon grease is a" good fat" that is included in the Ketogenic diet even recommended to cook with it. You can drizzle it on your salad if you want.

The" vegetable oil" is actually seed oil and very bad for you. It will make your joints ache and slowly poison you. All of them are bad. And they put it in everything. Olive oil, avacodo, and coconut oil is all you should consume. Along with beef tallow,duck and goose fat, and Yup...lard.

People eat alot of sugar and carbs that store as fat and cause all the heart disease and obesity and then blame bacon, salt, cholesterol for their poor health.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/24/22 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

They didn't have such easy access to an abundance of sugar.

Or it could by they worked twice as hard as we do, at much more physically demanding jobs. Don't burn much fat sitting at a computer screen 8 hours a day.

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/24/22 02:08 AM

[/quote]
Oh you are so wrong!! First off how do you know what mine taste like? I had it made from showalters the Amish butcher shop. It is addictive it’s so good !![/quote]

Jbyrd, I was trying to sucker ya into sending me some to try out.
I want to try it. grin grin
Posted By: Getting There

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/24/22 03:23 AM

Cannot wait to see the cost of bacon in CA.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/24/22 03:24 AM

I switch to SPAM!
Posted By: run

Re: 8 buck bacon - 02/24/22 01:17 PM

I agree with you, sir.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums