Home

Sewer line question

Posted By: coonman220

Sewer line question - 02/22/22 11:41 PM

I had my line roto rooter out 5 years ago an fine, I see roto rooter next door before , they extremely expensive, I went thru local mechanical place , so when left work, they stand street an walk toward my driveway with long electronic thing lites on street, I have old lines on 1 ft there property that were for rv in my 2 ND drive, many yrs bfore move there, not I'm use am no idea where go to, mine don't run street but go out back an to another property out street , if they start dig, what if there lines are under my 2 ND drive who h close them , could this start legal trouble , could they try make me pay ? My lines are not there an drain fine, also street assem
Ent project this summer an what happens when go hook up water line an see my sewer line not there as on back an go elsewhere , would that work out , it works fine, not got $10 k for sewer if some city code update , I can't see why they have to have sewer hookup there an can't leave as is, not go Ask about it ahead time an tell them if ask that fine, , could what go on now if start dig, make me pay for there lines of on my property ? They walk to my drive when I left
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Sewer line question - 02/22/22 11:45 PM

Just buy poto pot to stand pee next tree go winter time say you don't live next door you run from doorbell hide in truck next to fence under tree
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sewer line question - 02/22/22 11:50 PM

There might be a TV show embedded in all these topics Dave. Call a TV producer, and when they bring the cameras in, sign up to be the show's literary producer.
And then hire a roto-rooter jobber.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sewer line question - 02/22/22 11:50 PM

They place they call are ripoffs or extremely expensive , I pay $150 for what they charge $700, I can't see how I responsible if dig out there sewer line or what happens if under my driveway , I not pay none there stuff if go my driveway , other place always busy , he married an wife probly want fix immediately as woman are like that , I had froze water pipes 7 years ago from early Feb till mid April
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Just buy poto pot to stand pee next tree go winter time say you don't live next door you run from doorbell hide in truck next to fence under tree

Yeap
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
They place they call are ripoffs or extremely expensive , I pay $150 for what they charge $700, I can't see how I responsible if dig out there sewer line or what happens if under my driveway , I not pay none there stuff if go my driveway , other place always busy , he married an wife probly want fix immediately as woman are like that , I had froze water pipes 7 years ago from early Feb till mid April

If the City finds out you have a broken Sewer line on your property, you can be certain that the City will MAKE you pay for the repairs on that line. It's called a Health and SAFETY ISSUE!! Then the Building Inspector and Zoning Enforcement Officer will do an Inside and Outside inspection of your WHOLE PROPERTY!! ANY Code Violations, you will be forced to correct at your own expense !!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:21 AM

waiting for English translation...
Posted By: DRF

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:25 AM

Have a look see tomorrow. If they were locating sewer you should see green paint marks showing where the sewer is. Not sure if I understand but sounds like part of their sewer runs under your driveway and your sewer goes through another property?

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

If the City finds out you have a broken Sewer line on your property, you can be certain that the City will MAKE you pay for the repairs on that line. It's called a Health and SAFETY ISSUE!! Then the Building Inspector and Zoning Enforcement Officer will do an Inside and Outside inspection of your WHOLE PROPERTY!! ANY Code Violations, you will be forced to correct at your own expense !!

So if there pipe runs on my property an my sewer line works fine , I have to pay for there sewer ? I wouldn't do it , what would happen ? So this summer when hook up new sewer line an water lines, they could make me dog a sewer line an disconnect old an run to street ? Not gonna happen, what could they do if refuse ? For $8-$10 k, I see bankruptcy attorney for $1500 an when attorney has $$$, done it , wonder if I should ask city clerk about sewer lines likely go straight out back , not positive but that plumber say 5-6 years ago that he thought they were an another property an out street , not straight out street , noway I pay for neighbors sewer pipe
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:33 AM

coonman,

You are most likely fine, it sounds like it won't be too much of an issue.If I were you, I would let them know that they do not have permission to go on your property, what so ever. The city also cannot force you to pay for a sewer upgrade if it doesn't already exist, you will be grandfathered and typically in other places they will just make it very difficult that you will get persuaded to get a sewer hookup. Also if there is some issue about old lines going under your 2nd driveway, whether it's their old lines under your 2nd driveway, or your lines on their land, just tell them it was all agreed to when they bought the property, when you bought it, must have been an old agreement. No worries my friend.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:39 AM

Dave if it's a private deal and not the city all you'll probably have to give them is permission to dig on your property. I'm glad I don't live there though because I can not imagine any of my plumbing electrical or anything that is mine running on someone else's property. Ya'll must get run through the ringer when you buy or sell a house or property there with other folks utilities running on it.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:40 AM

Grandfathering might not work, if the City wants to bring every property up to a new Code.

Example: You have an old house where the drilled water well is actually located in your Basement. It may have passed code years ago, but if you want to sell that House, you will have to pay to have a new water well drilled out in the front or back yard. Otherwise, it will not pass inspection, and will not be able to get a mortgage on that house.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tofan
coonman,

You are most likely fine, it sounds like it won't be too much of an issue.If I were you, I would let them know that they do not have permission to go on your property, what so ever. The city also cannot force you to pay for a sewer upgrade if it doesn't already exist, you will be grandfathered and typically in other places they will just make it very difficult that you will get persuaded to get a sewer hookup. Also if there is some issue about old lines going under your 2nd driveway, whether it's their old lines under your 2nd driveway, or your lines on their land, just tell them it was all agreed to when they bought the property, when you bought it, must have been an old agreement. No worries my friend.
So legally if neighbors sewer pipe would be broke under my driveway an there pipe from there house, nothing do my pipe , they can't make me pay ? Or legally this summer , make me do upgrade to sewer, to go out street in front house , instead leave it like is, go out back to another property , who guy told me it goes to an out new lines in, an goes out main street ? I don't like city ppl at all in small town, nasty an phoney , I can refuse to let them in my house ? If so, tell them everything fine an don't want none nose around

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:04 AM

I shouldn't have to pay for neighbors sewer pipe if broke on my lot , I wouldn't do it or even try to
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:07 AM

Dave,

Why don’t you call the local sewer department and ask a real life person? They will know a lot better than people who don’t work there.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:13 AM

Dave - relax. You're getting worked up over something you don't know is happening or going to happen. Deal with the problem when and if it comes up, and only then. Most likely it will amount to nothing.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:14 AM

coonman,

No you would not be responsible at all in that situation, they should have done a proper inspection before they bought the house. They will likely just cap off the old line, and run a new line that is contained within their property. If they ever try to give you a hard time, you just go dig at the property line, and take your sawzall and cut their line where it enters your property. It likely wont ever lead to that, but sometimes people want to be dumb, you will be more than ok. You do NOT have to pay for a broken pipe on your property that happens to belong to your neighbors.

@Canvasback, You are correct in that situation, but as it stands the city cannot force coonman to upgrade to sewer no matter what. They could offer him money, they could offer him 100 corvettes, they still cannot force him to upgrade to sewer. If coonman wants to send his sewage out to his older leach field until the day he dies, he will be able to do so.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:20 AM

Our city made us pay to have our outdated septic tank filled and attach to city sewer even though it was still working fine. Cost us just under $4000.00 two summers ago.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 01:25 AM

Sewer laterals are the underground pipes that connect your home wastewater to the main sewer line in the street. Homeowners are responsible for their sewer laterals, while problems to the public sewer main line are managed by the city or municipality.

There are two types of sewer laterals: upper laterals and lower laterals. The upper lateral is part of the residential sewer system that runs from your home to the property line, which is usually the curb or sidewalk. The lower lateral is the section of residential plumbing that runs from the property line to the public sewer main line in the street.

Many homeowners assume that lower lateral piping is not their responsibility since they run past their property line. This is not the case. In most situations, it is the residential property owner who must maintain and repair the lower lateral piping. Lower lateral repairs can carry a higher price tag than other plumbing fixes since it may involve digging into the street or sidewalk.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Our city made us pay to have our outdated septic tank filled and attach to city sewer even though it was still working fine. Cost us just under $4000.00 two summers ago.

That kinda stuff really sucks, mine works just fine, goes out back, to another street , hundreds feet away , not straight out to street in front, I thinking if ask now, they gonna say yeah have to dig new sewer line, I think better wait an see if they say anything , when tear out street an hookup as it be to late to dig new sewer line out on my lot an I tell them it goes out street out thru backyard an that how it been forever
Posted By: Pirogue

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 02:45 AM

Jamie....you gonna give Coon
ie a stroke !! Hahahaha
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 02:49 AM

smile

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 03:48 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 03:52 AM

Dont worry about it coonman.

If they have to dig on your property make sure you get it in writing that they will remediate the work to your satisfaction.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 04:03 AM

Hold the phone !

Which coonman is this ?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 04:49 AM

It's pretty hard to predict what another state or municipality will require? This is your the first time you have asked about this dave. Call the engineer and ask him these questions.

There is a really good chance they have inspected the mainline in the front street and know your line doesn't go that way.

Figure it out, it's not going away
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 03:25 PM

I think Dave could solve his financial problems if he would write a book on his daily struggles in life. Looking back on his past posts, it appears there is enough material to publish several volumes.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mark June
There might be a TV show embedded in all these topics Dave.

Yea,,Its called Jerry Springer. smile

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 08:46 PM

"You may need an editor to make it readable."

Very true. There have been times when I've had better luck deciphering the writings on the inside of a cave.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Sewer line question - 02/23/22 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
"You may need an editor to make it readable."

Very true. There have been times when I've had better luck deciphering the writings on the inside of a cave.

Not this thread

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 02:44 AM

They move out or temporily , maybe gank on house , bankrupt stuff with project come , he seems get unemployment for half year some how an probly big stimlous from kids don't live there
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 03:24 AM

Dude…you need a TV show….Call it …” Leave it to Dave “…. I’d pay to watch it too..
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 11:59 AM

this needs to be a show!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Firemandivi

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 01:13 PM

I had my line roto rooter out 5 years ago an fine, I see roto rooter next door before , they extremely expensive, I went thru local mechanical place , so when left work, they stand street an walk toward my driveway with long electronic thing lites on street, I have old lines on 1 ft there property that were for rv in my 2 ND drive, many yrs bfore move there, not I'm use am no idea where go to, mine don't run street but go out back an to another property out street , if they start dig, what if there lines are under my 2 ND drive who h close them , could this start legal trouble , could they try make me pay ? My lines are not there an drain fine, also street assem
Ent project this summer an what happens when go hook up water line an see my sewer line not there as on back an go elsewhere , would that work out , it works fine, not got $10 k for sewer if some city code update , I can't see why they have to have sewer hookup there an can't leave as is, not go Ask about it ahead time an tell them if ask that fine, , could what go on now if start dig, make me pay for there lines of on my property ? They walk to my drive when I left

I have designed septic systems in NY, NJ and PA for close to 20 years now. If you have a question about this feel free to PM me, but I think you will be fine. good luck.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 04:58 PM

Don't worry Coonman, you can't change much anyhow.

Like ADC postsed, I went through the same when the higher ups decided our little village needed sewage lines. We had to fill or take out our tank and pay to hookup. I was special as they took about 500' of my property as right-of-way and if the guy behind me sells a lot they can come dig up the line to hook him on regardless of what I say.

The line under your drive is probably such a right-of-way you are not aware of. Go to the sewage dept and check their maps, it won't be on your deed.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 06:34 PM

Here the term 'right of way' is used for roads to be used by those that live on them. To have power brought out to our house we had to grant them a easement.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tofan
coonman,

No you would not be responsible at all in that situation, they should have done a proper inspection before they bought the house. They will likely just cap off the old line, and run a new line that is contained within their property. If they ever try to give you a hard time, you just go dig at the property line, and take your sawzall and cut their line where it enters your property. It likely wont ever lead to that, but sometimes people want to be dumb, you will be more than ok. You do NOT have to pay for a broken pipe on your property that happens to belong to your neighbors.

@Canvasback, You are correct in that situation, but as it stands the city cannot force coonman to upgrade to sewer no matter what. They could offer him money, they could offer him 100 corvettes, they still cannot force him to upgrade to sewer. If coonman wants to send his sewage out to his older leach field until the day he dies, he will be able to do so.

Don't make assumptions. Depending on where you live and the laws in place you can be made to do lots of things that are not right. Just because it's how it is where you live does not mean that's how it is everywhere.

I have a friend that had a well . They put city water in his development. The water comp sent him bills even though he was not even connected to it. It went to court and he lost. The local government made a deal the water company would get all the customers if they put the line in or some such crap. He paid what he had to then sold the place and moved.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Here the term 'right of way' is used for roads to be used by those that live on them. To have power brought out to our house we had to grant them a easement.

One in the same here, they have the right to do what they need to do on your property.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 07:39 PM

They move out for now an a green marker flag in mid driveway , just today, where they normally drive at , not in my driveway but there's , roto rooter was there other day , wonder that means , sewer pipe dig out ? Don't sound like water pipe to me ? Couldn't they unclog it , I can't imagine dig in street if go tear it out in spring , ur talk $6-$7 if dog out line go in street , owners responsible to mid Street to line , under street , big money , some probly give up bankrupt abandon house , I probly would as don't got lots $$$, no idea if they do, if so probly from folks , as that case not all but lots in town , I concern the vibrations from infrastructure project this spring are go damage stuff or foundation or pipes underground or foundation or center beam on jackstands in basement hold house up ? No idea , cause housecats to become I'll from be scare , one my cars got infection from depressed once from nit be able go porch nice day as scared noise outdoors I think

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 07:56 PM

You could put your big boy pants on and go ask.... Hey fellas, what's ya doing?
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

One in the same here, they have the right to do what they need to do on your property.

No it isn't. If you have a right of way you have a right to drive on it. An easement gives them the right to go out there to fix it or modify whatever the easement is there for. They can not just drive out there without a reason. There is a difference.

Re: Sewer line question - 02/24/22 11:27 PM

Then its a right of way here as I said because to dig the line up, they're gonna drive a backhoe in. it'd be alot of digging with a shovel.

Regardless of what ya want to call it, its there and if they need to repair it, I can't stop them.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/01/22 11:22 PM

Got home after work to see com underground internet an pH lines all remark again from when put in last fall an neighbors an sewer line, they can't surely start dig out my yard an driveway without notice an say hey, u got pay ? There local contracter who phoney an dealt with an he call a year ago an say come out for stuff I never order up except talk it an cancel an 6 years ago froze water pipes an he want dig an I didn't an wait out till thaw , they surely can't just dig without notice or say hey we're dig out ur yard an here bill an I did t give go ahead or my word against theres as kinda shovy ?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/01/22 11:57 PM

Sure man

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 12:03 AM

I hope not some kinda a scam an call sheriff an town cop in on it , who I don't like an scam, if happen I call ins agent , hope no trouble
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 12:24 AM

I hope not some kinda a scam an call sheriff an town cop in on it , who I don't like an scam, if happen I call ins agent , hope no trouble

Is there TTOORUBEL citazin? [Linked Image]

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 12:34 AM

I wouldn't be only one alarm with all underground utilities mark , how would u like it with 3 vechiles an mark yard up flags an paint , they did it last fall an something go on as only my house an neighbor s now , I don't subscribe there junk , it be nice able afford live country , there is where u have burgurly concerns , when wrong ones find out alone an noone around for neighbors

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 12:55 AM

Dave, Is there anyone you do like? After reading your posts regarding the Sewer line question, you haven't had a positive thing to say about anything. Many people have offered you advice and you have turned a deaf ear to them. Now you won't even take the time to walk to the end of your driveway and simply ask the utilities people outside your home what's going on.

It's time to stop the speculating and the guessing about what is going on. So, I'll make this offer to you. Get me the phone number for your City Hall or the Mayor or your Councilman and I will call them for you and find out what is going on. For the size and kind of project you have mentioned, there is a process a city would have to follow. I served on our city council for ten years, so, I know there are answers available if all you do is ask. I promise you, these people are not out to get you.

You are welcome to PM me the information. I will be waiting to hear from you. Thanks!

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 01:24 AM

Sorry, I mean, nah, you’re good.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 01:34 AM

I wouldn't be only one alarm with all underground utilities mark , how would u like it with 3 vechiles an mark yard up flags an paint , they did it last fall an something go on as only my house an neighbor s now , I don't subscribe there junk , it be nice able afford live country , there is where u have burgurly concerns , when wrong ones find out alone an noone around for neighbors

I’d be ok with it, then I would know they aren’t cutting my electric line or anything if they dig.
Paint will go away after the grass grows and I cut it.

I live in the country and I have zero worries about a burglary. But I also trust my neighbors. One is retired and the other works from home. So, if they saw a vechile ride down my lane when I’m not home, they would go ask the person what they are doing and call me.

But, I’m friendly with the people that live nearby.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

SO THERE !

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 01:58 AM

You got annexxed.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 02:04 AM

They move out for now an a green marker flag in mid driveway , just today, where they normally drive at , not in my driveway but there's , roto rooter was there other day , wonder that means , sewer pipe dig out ? Don't sound like water pipe to me ? Couldn't they unclog it , I can't imagine dig in street if go tear it out in spring , ur talk $6-$7 if dog out line go in street , owners responsible to mid Street to line , under street , big money , some probly give up bankrupt abandon house , I probly would as don't got lots $$$, no idea if they do, if so probly from folks , as that case not all but lots in town , I concern the vibrations from infrastructure project this spring are go damage stuff or foundation or pipes underground or foundation or center beam on jackstands in basement hold house up ? No idea , cause housecats to become I'll from be scare , one my cars got infection from depressed once from nit be able go porch nice day as scared noise outdoors I think

I hate it when my cars get infection. Especially with the computer chips in cars today.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 02:07 AM

Summa u gize really know your Sh** !

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 02:48 AM

I do my own calling , I just can't see how they could go in ur yard an tear it up or rip out part driveway an sidewalk for neighbors pipes or whatever , without say a thing an say hey, pay now , can they do that ?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 02:59 AM

Earth to Dave....Earth to Dave....come in Dave..... Numerous people have just posted that no, they can't do that.

Dave, you're messing with people. You are way smarter than you let on. I'm on to you..
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 04:53 AM

Obviously, this is not really happening in the present time and dimension. It is happening in the past or the future. Please protect yourself by exercising caution. What have you noticed that could confirm this? For security reasons we cannot discuss specifics here. Be very wary!

Consider this - you would be wise to only communicate using highly secure polysyllabic abstract code. Why? You may be monitored! Maybe the sewer workers are installing a complete system to watch you?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/02/22 05:20 AM

Does a company need approval from the property owner to work in the easement?
No. Easements give the city and utilities the right to construct and maintain facilities, or infrastructure, in the area of land designated as an easement. They are not required to notify the property owner before they begin work in this area.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 12:53 AM

So how far is easement ? They can tear out water pipes an gush all over ? Something go happen soon as they not park driveway like normal an there drive an mine is all mark up , about 15 ft up curb maybe mine , I well go bezerk if rip out my drive , so I thought easement was curb, not believe they can rip out that far , water pipes an all an let go like that , it could come cellar a broke water pipe , I think time get gun out if they do that, I well loose my temper

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 12:57 AM

I mean a private contracter , that put neighbor sewer pipe in, I think go happen can rip out my driveway , like 10 or more ft from curb an come to me with a bill ?have town cop enforce it, throw me jail for refuse empty my bank acct ?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 01:03 AM

So how far is easement ? They can tear out water pipes an gush all over ? Something go happen soon as they not park driveway like normal an there drive an mine is all mark up , about 15 ft up curb maybe mine , I well go bezerk if rip out my drive , so I thought easement was curb, not believe they can rip out that far , water pipes an all an let go like that , it could come cellar a broke water pipe , I think time get gun out if they do that, I well loose my temper

Dave if you want to know give me your address and I should be able to look up how much right of way is in your street.

Pm it to me. If you don't want to give out your address give me at least the town you live in.

I'm here to tell ya, you are getting worked up over nothing.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 01:05 AM

The sewer is going to back up and flood your basement too.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 03:51 AM

I just rember, old sewer lines for rv pump station unused for years, 2 outlets cap in 1 foot neighbor property , but we're mine from years before here, they go my sewer , an I pretty sure start sewer work tomma, I don't think he even know there , that not were dig but if they remove old sewer an no idea if they go to his from old lines an they dig out line,, if my line is 60 ft away an underground , deep 60 ft away from where there dig, an it break the old unused sewer line, how far would vibrations go deep underground or if pull onit with escavater or however they get them out , would it break at the point where action is, or could it pull sideways the line if connected to mine , like 60 ft away ?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 03:55 AM

Absolutely...I see nothing but despair and agony.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 03:59 AM

If escaveter is pull or however remove old line, an another line hookup they not see, wonder if the ground pack around it would cause to snap at close where machine dig out or break way back , I completely forgot old line , probly I only one who know it, the contracter may not even notice it

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 04:00 AM

Yep...if ground is pack the old line will snap off way back. $$$

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 05:01 AM

Dave looking at your county gis it looks like right of way is 66 feet. It looks like your road is pretty well centered on right of way. One thing to keep in mind is the road and right of way isn't an easement the city owns the 66 feet. I feel comfortable saying the city owns 18 feet behind the curb line.

I believe you have said your sewer runs to the street behind you, if so are you sure?

The guys doing the underground are professional and are pretty good at figuring things out as they go along. I'd be surprised if the city or engineering firm hasn't run a camera down the sewer main. If they have they will know where laterals tie in if they dont, the contractor will figure it out, it's their job.

My advice is get a hold of who ever is the engineering firm or city and find out who the project inspector is, talk to him, he'll answer your questions and help with concerns. They will be happy to educate you about what is going on. It's their job.

If there is something you don't understand we will try help you. Don't worry about them doing a code inspection on your house. You don't live in NY where the commies run everything

I'm here to tell you are blowing this way out of proportion. If it makes you feel better it's happening in front of my house this summer too

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 05:02 AM

From the sounds of things, I'd say you have already gone "bezerk". Talking about getting out your gun like you did just confirms my suspicions.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 05:10 AM

What's going on in your town happens thousands of times every year in front of other peoples homes. Sounds like they're replacing some sewer and water lines. The difference is the other people aren't off their rocker.
The talk of you getting your gun out really does confirm it, unfortunately.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 11:46 AM

I'd have asked my neighbor if he was having any trouble with his line first. If not, and if he didn't know what was going on, I'd be that guy Coonman was earlier and make a call.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 07:32 PM

I got home work, half his driveway , the neighbors is gone an gravel , lawn undisturbed , I think it that crazy com internet that tunnel in lines last summer, that who mark up, my driveway an his an lawn mark up , so if it the row or easement , some crazy underground internet co. Who not subscribe to , can come an tear out ur drive while gone without ask an say hey, u fix ur own driveway ? They already have these stupid plastic box covers that are 2 ft square or access panels , all over lawn, I don't see how they could tear ur drive out for it without ask , if I was neighbor , I be head out with shotgun , hope there done an not come here

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 07:37 PM

You'd do squat like you've been doing....except whining about it.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 07:38 PM

Well I do get a couple of Iowa channels as I'm on the border. I'm wondering when I'm going to see breaking news and coonman220 as the star.

Re: Sewer line question - 03/03/22 08:11 PM

coonman220]I got home work, half his driveway , the neighbors is gone an gravel , lawn undisturbed , I think it that crazy com internet that tunnel in lines last summer, that who mark up, my driveway an his an lawn mark up , so if it the row or easement , some crazy underground internet co. Who not subscribe to , can come an tear out ur drive while gone without ask an say hey, u fix ur own driveway ? They already have these stupid plastic box covers that are 2 ft square or access panels , all over lawn, I don't see how they could tear ur drive out for it without ask , if I was neighbor , I be head out with shotgun , hope there done an not come here

Coonman220 has gone back to SCHOOL ??? You have HOMEWORK ??

Is it any of these Courses ??

EN 114 - Public Speaking
EN 140 - Creative Writing I
EN 141 - Creative Writing II

grin

Re: Sewer line question - 03/04/22 01:56 AM

Dave I put in natural gas along the streets for a living. I'm here to tell you I've tore out a lot of driveways in the ROW

Take a deep bdeath budch it will work out. Also remember, where those utility peds isn't your land as you put. The city owns out to 33 feet west of your centerline

Re: Sewer line question - 03/04/22 03:09 AM

I wonder how many more comments involving a gun there is going to be before someone with a badge shows up at his door?

Re: Sewer line question - 03/04/22 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by CTRAPS
I wonder how many more comments involving a gun there is going to be before someone with a badge shows up at his door?

Oh, they surely have enough for premeditation or intent by now. Dave is threatening to pull a gun on a man for doing his job… sure seems stable.

© 2024 Trapperman Forums