Home

Truth Social climbs to #1 app

Posted By: Cragar

Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:36 AM

It is gathering steam , especially for an app only a few days old. Most are getting on a waitlist due to volume.
Video 1:21 long.

Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 09:35 AM

My son in law sent me a link to the ap. I never signed up for facebook though either. I am not convinced Trump is any more honest than Zuckerberg. If he lets liberals post too I may sign up. Meanwhile I will sit back and watch.

Free speech means your going to hear stuff you don't like. Another outlet where only one side is heard is not something I am interested in.
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 11:13 AM

The first time they remove a legitimate threat or gore video they are going to get blasted for censorship. In fact, those who want the app to fail already have their plans in place and the media outlets have their scripts written.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 11:21 AM

The first time they remove a legitimate threat

Legitimate threat to what? Serious question.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 11:39 AM

You can’t remove threats. cnn has been a threat for years and they are still on the air. lol
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:01 PM

No other global social media site/app exists where a person can voice conservative ideologies without facing censorship. There are smaller sites/apps like Parlor and MeWe but this one is going to be huge. It may get big enough to pull users and seriously dent the profits of social media giants like Facebook and Twitter.

Mainstream media and libtards everywhere are already ridiculing and bashing the app and the owner. That is good enough for me to hope it goes to number one.

I haven't signed up, don't know if I will or not. I'm on Facebook to sell stuff I make and to keep up with my friends and family scattered across the Country and the world. And I do Tman. I don't know if I have time for anymore social media than that.

I am curious though...
Posted By: jk

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:24 PM

Danny Clifton nailed it "Free speech means your going to hear stuff you don't like." !!!!!!!!!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:37 PM

So you guys think they should just let the site get overrun with libtard trolls?

Wouldn't be any different than any other big social media app then.

Except they wouldn't be removing the conservatives.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
My son in law sent me a link to the ap. I never signed up for facebook though either. I am not convinced Trump is any more honest than Zuckerberg. If he lets liberals post too I may sign up. Meanwhile I will sit back and watch.

Free speech means your going to hear stuff you don't like. Another outlet where only one side is heard is not something I am interested in.

Is there anything in this world you trust or agree with?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:46 PM

Are you saying its ok to censor liberals?

What about the first amendment? I agree with that. I trust free speech is a good thing. With free speech the bad ideas end up marginalized . With censorship you end up with tyranny. Doesn't matter who the censor is.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
So you guys think they should just let the site get overrun with libtard trolls?

Wouldn't be any different than any other big social media app then.

Except they wouldn't be removing the conservatives.

Yes, let the trolls troll. Free speech.

Allowing conservative speech is a huge difference than other social media.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:47 PM

How abouts,lets give it a chance before we pre-kill the app?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:50 PM

I am not trying to kill anything. I just want to see what its about. I think I made a good choice by never signing up for facebook.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:52 PM

made a lot of money flipping DWAC a few months ago

Our finance minister here in Canada, flat out said that if your a trump supporter they would seize your bank accounts. Sad times forsure!!

they have been following thru on the threat

Free speech is certainly under attack

Haven’t down loaded the app

Hopefully it’s extremely successful

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 12:53 PM

I miss Marketplace, Other than that facebook had no draw for me.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:07 PM

What about the first amendment? I agree with that. I trust free speech is a good thing. With free speech the bad ideas end up marginalized . With censorship you end up with tyranny. Doesn't matter who the censor is.

I say it’s okay to censor lying, so I guess yes, it’s okay to censor liberals. LOL!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I say it’s okay to censor lying, so I guess yes, it’s okay to censor liberals. LOL!!

Yep!

grin

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:17 PM

That is exactly how the liberals justify censoring everything conservative, label it lying or disinformation. Free speech is only free until it isn't. I say keep it free.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:29 PM

I don't believe the Damage FB is able to do can be stopped without counteracting

What that takes to counteract might be more than some can justify

But we're beyond allowing only the Left their ways

*** I don't like debating with ----- well debating

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101

That is exactly how the liberals justify censoring everything conservative, label it lying or disinformation. Free speech is only free until it isn't. I say keep it free.

But they are lying about that. Lying should have consequences, especially if you knowingly lie. When the media is caught in a lie how about they get taken off the air for 30 days with progressive punishment after the first offense.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:38 PM

A private business, including "the Truth", can censor whatever speech it wants.

It's however an incredibly bad idea for Facebook, Twitter, etc. and now Trump to censor differing views. It kills critical thinking and fuels the cancel culture. Both are ripping this country apart.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:38 PM

Considering the former President unlike the one before and the current looked everyone in the eye and took whatever came his way head on. Took on all questions from anyone as I recall. It would shock me if his new venture now started censoring. However.
This site of his will be a monstrous target for the left especially in this election cycle and I think his/our opposition will go to any lengths to cloud and overwhelm that site to try and shut it down. This may lead to steps being taken to keep the site flowing that people may consider censorship or heaven knows what. I could be wrong.
Uncharted waters for sure thru a vipers den no doubt. One way or another I hope it succeeds.

Osky

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:42 PM

And who determines what's a lie? We can see how that's working now. Censoring free speech is wrong no matter who controls the censor button.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:42 PM

Very well said Osky

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:48 PM

And who determines what's a lie? We can see how that's working now. Censoring free speech is wrong no matter who controls the censor button.

Well there is truth and then there is a lie. If you are fine with having your version of truth then you are the enemy.

Who here has not watched a politician knowingly lying and not wanted to shove an ice pick right in their gullet puncturing their pituitary gland?
Posted By: kbuck

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Blaine County

It's however an incredibly bad idea for Facebook, Twitter, etc. and now Trump to censor differing views. It kills critical thinking and fuels the cancel culture. Both are ripping this country apart.

Bingo. There is the 'publisher vs. platform' issue that the big social media companies have been toeing the line on, though.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Very well said Osky

Just my first thoughts, I do not do the Facebook etc. BUT……..
Remember why that site has been created. Many many people besides Donald Trump have had their voices silenced when they did not go along with the woke, government, liberal points of view. No justification, no true reasoning, mainly out of arrogance and narcissism.
If this new site favors more conventional and conservative voices so be it. It was created for a purpose and an opposition if you will. The site owes no one “fairness” in any way.. It’s his and it is what it is.

Osky
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:55 PM

Awesome. Another real important thing for adults to download and spend their time staring at and becoming even more miserable. My condolences to their loved ones,
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:55 PM

A flood of truth being allowed to flow for a change might just counter the lies and deceptions.
Keep it free, let them say what they want, then they can be picked to pieces by telling the truth ... where EVERYONE can see it !

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:57 PM

Well there is truth and then there is a lie. If you are fine with having your version of truth then you are the enemy.

Who here has not watched a politician knowingly lying and not wanted to shove an ice pick right in their gullet puncturing their pituitary gland?

I like what you said....but

Gullet is the Stomach I f you shove an ice pill there it's not going to puncture the pituitary Gland.
grin

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 01:59 PM

"And now Trump", What a tool you are. It hasnt even launched and you have already pre-convicted. Your kind are what ruins social apps for evryone else.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:00 PM

I like what you said....but

Gullet is the Stomach I f you shove an ice pill there it's not going to puncture the pituitary Gland.
grin

I was wound up and “Pie Hole” escaped me.....my apologies. lol
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:01 PM

I think when the media gets caught reporting a lie, the 4 to 1 rule should apply. The correction should be at the same time of day, for the same amount of time/space and be repeated 4 times for every original time. That’s the only way to possibly reach all the people the original lie did.

I think this would be more effective than fines etc. If it’s a good lie and fits their agenda, they just apologize or print a retraction at end of news cast/paper, pay their fine and move on. Message delivered!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by rvsask
Awesome. Another real important thing for adults to download and spend their time staring at and becoming even more miserable. My condolences to their loved ones,

Why does anything even remotely conservative bring you so much displeasure?
Posted By: gman

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:09 PM

. ..?,..
Posted By: rvsask

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:26 PM

Nice response diggerman, I voted C.

It’s a displeasure for apps sucking away the human existence. I bet some people on this site don’t even trap, but they’ve got time for apps. Lol
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:39 PM

A lie and therefore truth, exist outside of human opinion. So your question doesn't make sense. No one determines what's a lie and what is truth. That's not for us to determine.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

A lie and therefore truth, exist outside of human opinion. So your question doesn't make sense. No one determines what's a lie and what is truth. That's not for us to determine.

Try that with your Wife sick
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 03:25 PM

Exactly how long has this app been available?

The site can't handle the influx of new members. This shows an overwhelming need for balance. Last I saw FB actually had a net loss of members last month.

I have no doubt I will get more of the truth on the Truth than I would ever get on FB, TW, YT or any of the other lib controlled media.

Just like the massive amount, I MEAN MASSIVE, of support Trump had that scared the libtards to death, this will also scare them to death. But instead of pointing out the facts about the liberal sites, they will try to be magnanimous and pull a Rodney King saying "Can't we all just get along?"

No, as humans, we can't all just get along. I wish we could but reality says we can't. How boring would it be if we all got along.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 03:43 PM

Trump has to make money somehow his empire is collapsing.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Osky
Very well said Osky

Just my first thoughts, I do not do the Facebook etc. BUT……..
Remember why that site has been created. Many many people besides Donald Trump have had their voices silenced when they did not go along with the woke, government, liberal points of view. No justification, no true reasoning, mainly out of arrogance and narcissism.
If this new site favors more conventional and conservative voices so be it. It was created for a purpose and an opposition if you will. The site owes no one “fairness” in any way.. It’s his and it is what it is.

Osky

Many truths have been censored lately that have effected this country. I hope it undoes this & turnes this country around

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by danvee

Even if this were true, he would still have a place to live, rent free.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 04:15 PM

I don't know why anyone would need another social media app or Google or anything else for that matter. Just ask rvsask. He knows everything and has all the answers. We are indeed the lucky ones to have him on this site. Should have " The oracle " under his avatar.
Here is one that keeps me awake at night. .... What are the brooms for in curling ??
Posted By: Posco

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Just like the massive amount, I MEAN MASSIVE, of support Trump had that scared the libtards to death, this will also scare them to death.

Trump owns the Republican party and it's not just liberals who are running scared, the Rino's are right there with them.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Here is one that keeps me awake at night. .... What are the brooms for in curling ??

To keep their tears from sticking to the ice.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 05:31 PM

I have a possible prediction.

With this new social site that does not ban people or put them in FB jail , conservative voices will be heard.

This will infuriate liberals to no end. With leftists unable to cancel conservative voices , liberals will join the site in droves to try to shout down conservative views. The two sides will fight like cats&dogs. BIG time. The CCP trolls will be there too.

Because of the squabbling people will camp out for hours to shout down the other side.

This will create massive website traffic. Maybe that is the master plan , ya think?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar
I have a possible prediction.

With this new social site that does not ban people or put them in FB jail , conservative voices will be heard.

This will infuriate liberals to no end. With leftists unable to cancel conservative voices , liberals will join the site in droves to try to shout down conservative views. The two sides will fight like cats&dogs. BIG time. The CCP trolls will be there too.

Because of the squabbling people will camp out for hours to shout down the other side.

This will create massive website traffic. Maybe that is the master plan , ya think?

Do the liberals here shout down conservatives?
Posted By: jht

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 05:38 PM

For whatever it may be worth: I think Danny Clifton, walleye101, and rvsask seem to be thinking most clearly here. I also say this knowing full-well that Tman itself is a social media platform, albeit of a different (and perhaps better?) kind. Speaking against social media on social media is hypocritical, but I'll embrace my own inconsistencies and agree with those three. Most of us would be much better off if we followed in the footsteps of The Mad Farmer and quietly walked away. When "truth" is mediated to us via corporations, politicians, or the masses (big social media seems to be a weird combination of the three), then we are not going to find whatever truth actually exists. Love your neighbor. You can do that without the aid of social media.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar
With this new social site that does not ban people or put them in FB jail

I actively root for FB to fail and I voice that on FB. They decommission you at the drop of a hat. This new Meta thing they took off with isn't going well from what I'm reading and may make FB an also-ran in the long run. Zuckerberg deserves every sleepless night coming his way.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

"And now Trump", What a tool you are. It hasnt even launched and you have already pre-convicted. Your kind are what ruins social apps for evryone else.

He heard CNN and MSNBC say Trump was censoring so it must be true! LOL
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:44 PM

Facebook stock dropped 30% it was the biggest drop ever. Zuk lost billions. I cheered.

Those of you that still support FB and twatter need to know when our election is stolen you financed it. When your bank account gets seized.FB probabaly gave them all your private information and turned you in.

Here is the latest from the guys putting together Truth Social.

https://rumble.com/vvnmbo-truth-social-has-arrived-whats-next.html

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:44 PM

Your TDS has been diagnosed as incurable hasn't it?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Correct, but the truth/lies are currently being "fact checked" by humans with opinions who determine what is allowed and what is taken down, censored.

I may like what I read more when it is "fact checked" by someone that thinks more like me, but there is still no assurance I'm getting all the facts.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 06:56 PM

Be interesting to see how this plays out. There has to be some guidelines to abide by, you can’t yell fire in a movie theater. I liken social media much like the early automobile industry. There’s not much of a safety net, i.e. windshield wipers, turn signals, seat belts, let alone traffic laws. Those all came along after we realized there was need. We’re still getting a grasp on this new technology and guidelines, laws, safety protocols are still being figured out. It’s a work in progress.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:01 PM

Not against the law to yell fire in a movie theater.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

It certainly is if there is in fact no fire.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

Is that true even if the person yelling it “believes” there is “truly” a fire in the theater?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:16 PM

Shouting fire in a crowded theater" is a popular analogy for speech or actions made for the principal purpose of creating panic.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker

Is that true even if the person yelling it “believes” there is “truly” a fire in the theater?

If it looks like a fire, smells like a fire and feels like a fire, go ahead and yell fire.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 07:38 PM

I glad to see this thread is already 3 pages long, and for the most part everyone stayed on topic!!!!!
Posted By: hippie

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 08:01 PM

Good for those that want a place like Twitter without it being liberal content only, but I don't see me going there.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 11:38 PM

I'm taking the low road on this. (Libs way) No liberal views or opinions. Nothing would make the libs madder and anything that makes them mad makes me happy!!!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/23/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by jht
For whatever it may be worth: I think Danny Clifton, walleye101, and rvsask seem to be thinking most clearly here. I also say this knowing full-well that Tman itself is a social media platform, albeit of a different (and perhaps better?) kind. Speaking against social media on social media is hypocritical, but I'll embrace my own inconsistencies and agree with those three. Most of us would be much better off if we followed in the footsteps of The Mad Farmer and quietly walked away. When "truth" is mediated to us via corporations, politicians, or the masses (big social media seems to be a weird combination of the three), then we are not going to find whatever truth actually exists. Love your neighbor. You can do that without the aid of social media.

So if we don't go on a media site or the internet then where do we find this mysterious "truth" you speak of?

TV? Radio? Local hardware store? Water cooler at work?

I hear people like yourself insinuate we are suckers to big media and big tech. I also hear people like yourself say we should just put our head in the sand.

Wonder what would have happened if the revoutionaries of pre 1776 had just ignored what the King and England were doing to them? If they would have just chopped wood, grew food and animals and just kept to themselves?

If you choose to not stay informed, that is your choice. However if you choose to stay uninformed, don't call others a sucker for not following you out into the open field.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:00 AM

If its wrong for facebook to censor conservative posts, why is it ok for Right Social to censure liberal posts? The truth your looking for bowhunter27295 will have to be decided on by yourself. You may find that your truth changes some if your allowed to see the posts of people you don't agree with. Free speech and free press are good things and should championed. You know there are people who have different views than you so don't be surprised, or offended, when you encounter them. Give them your thoughts and hopefully something to ponder.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:04 AM

Have you ever asked a liberal to explain their different view?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:09 AM

If its wrong for facebook to censor conservative posts, why is it ok for Right Social to censure liberal posts? The truth your looking for bowhunter27295 will have to be decided on by yourself. You may find that your truth changes some if your allowed to see the posts of people you don't agree with. Free speech and free press are good things and should championed. You know there are people who have different views than you so don't be surprised, or offended, when you encounter them. Give them your thoughts and hopefully something to ponder.

Dude I always do that. I said nothing about censoring them. I know I will and can decide what the truth is myself.

I asked, if I can't use a social media of any kind to get information, then what should I use? Those who say there is a bunch of junk on the internet are correct. They are also 100% wrong by ignoring there is a bunch of truth on the internet as well. And everyone knows the real truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Ignoring stuff and just saying it is a bunch of hooey is purposeful ignorance. It is a choice. Being informed is difficult because you have to do a lot of sifting. If someone choose not to sift, that's fine. Just don't call the sifters stupid.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:24 AM

It's not "right" for either site to censor anyone due to their political views but I imagine that is exactly what will happen on this one and I really can't say I blame Trump. For the past 6 years Trump has watched as all of his supporters were deleted, edited and banned from sites like FB and Twitter if they dared to say anything good about the President. If I was in Trump's shoes it would be tempting to make a site to do the same to them. Is it any different if a trapper gets banned from a anti's website and then makes a website that doesn't allow antis?

I DO think the world could use a social media site as popular as FB or Twitter that doesn't censor either side. But I don't think that's what this site of Trump's is going to be... don't think it's what he ever intended it to be.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:36 AM

You aren't playing the Game - the rules shouldn't matter to you. Generally speaking

Not directed at the above poster

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:43 AM

If I were Trump I would have taken the money spent on this project and made some people disappear. lol

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:45 AM

If I were Trump I would have taken the money spent on this project and made some people disappear. lol

Ahahahaha! laugh
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:47 AM

Might just learn something going to this site .

https://www.prageru.com/

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

It's not "right" for either site to censor anyone due to their political views but I imagine that is exactly what will happen on this one and I really can't say I blame Trump. For the past 6 years Trump has watched as all of his supporters were deleted, edited and banned from sites like FB and Twitter if they dared to say anything good about the President. If I was in Trump's shoes it would be tempting to make a site to do the same to them. Is it any different if a trapper gets banned from a anti's website and then makes a website that doesn't allow antis?

I DO think the world could use a social media site as popular as FB or Twitter that doesn't censor either side. But I don't think that's what this site of Trump's is going to be... don't think it's what he ever intended it to be.

Exactly , everyone knows the leftists will flood the site with their propaganda .
Same as the MSM and social media sites like FB .
Even the browser news sites only allows what they want , anything against their agenda , is blocked and not posted .

https://www.prageru.com/
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 01:46 AM

there is no correct censorship. censoring idiot left wingers is no more correct than censoring intellectual conservatives. Same with racism, "woke" racism is as bad as any other.
How am i to decide who is the moron if I can't hear them speak or enunciate their views?
I want to hear from the KKK AND BLM so i can dismiss them both as racist pieces of "banned word". I want to hear the gibberish from the squad, when i read the opinion page from the Star Tribune and it is absolutely opposite of my views, I know I'm on the correct side of the issue.

What the MSM media did by NOT airing anything from Incoherent Joe is also despicable. Would the election have gone differently if we knew BEFORE the election, he was senile?

I want an unfiltered access to as many opinions as possible, to make my own decision based on as much information or disinformation and how it applies to me. I am capable of deciding for myself which is misinformation (we used to call this BS) and which is not.
I would guess that the haters of Trumps new site will not venture on it to try to "win the hearts and souls", I think they know their ideologies don't play well outside their cult, they will take the cowards way out and hack it to oblivion.
Let's hope that recent events have pulled the curtain back on the bat guano crazy progressives, and the political pendulum will swing back to some resemblance of sanity.
Posted By: Quartermastersir

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 01:54 AM

May or not be true. But I really don't care. He had his money before he had a political office
But if he was a career politician like Clintons, Obama, Bidens Pelosi, he would NEVER be in peril of his empire collapsing. He would have added millions to his net worth by earning a gov't salary???..
And yet there is never a cry by the MSM to check their taxes or businesses.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by gman
I'm taking the low road on this. (Libs way) No liberal views or opinions. Nothing would make the libs madder and anything that makes them mad makes me happy!!!

This is the only way to go. laugh Give them taste of their own medicine.
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by gman

This is the only way to go. laugh Give them taste of their own medicine.

I am on this boat also. If you want to get the lefts view just go to one of their sites.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:20 AM

Trump, his family and followers are being persecuted by leftists in and out of government. I can't wait to push back.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:34 AM

You can’t remove threats. cnn has been a threat for years and they are still on the air. lol

Strange when I talked to my brother in Germany last month .
He said CNN is the only news channel they get !
Posted By: Dillon Benda

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 04:46 AM

It's enlightening to see how many people would prefer to see opposing viewpoints censored rather than consuming as much information as possible to make well informed opinions. I don't think most conservatives are all that different from liberals. They both want to be spoon-fed a narrative, they've just grown to like different narratives.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 04:54 AM

persevering lying. the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. yet where does this anarchy exist? where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? and can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. they were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. god forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. the people cannot be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure. our Convention has been too much impressed by. . .
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by jk
Danny Clifton nailed it "Free speech means your going to hear stuff you don't like." !!!!!!!!!

Free speech is over , it's time to pick a side , and the Donald will give a place to reside

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 10:16 AM

Antigov, if Trumps site is where you can express yourself then yes, get after it. I really do hope its not as onesided as facebook though. The free exchange of ideas is MUCH more productive.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 10:37 AM

In a fair, open, objective debate our conservative ideas and values hold up pretty well compared to the liberal mantra. I don't see the need to hide in a site where we only hear "our side".

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 11:30 AM

I'm thinking it will be a site where conservatives can freely attack the lies, hypocrisy and stupidity of liberal ideology without having to worry about being censored like they are now on every other large social media site.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:40 PM

[quote=HobbieTrapper]Have you ever asked a liberal to explain their different view

I have many times and I always come away from the conversation thinking the person is mentally challenged.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 12:50 PM

In a fair, open, objective debate our conservative ideas and values hold up pretty well compared to the liberal mantra. I don't see the need to hide in a site where we only hear "our side".

When a person cannot effectively defend their view in an open debate, the only thing they have left is to silence the opposition. That's what's been happening in this society for the past 3-4 decades. It's become blatant and overt in the last two decades.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 01:01 PM

Philosophers have long written about the two worldviews y'all are going back and forth about;

Liberalism = an emotional argument

Conservativism = a logical argument

And the emotional is not swayed by the logical just as the logical rarely listens to the emotional.

The lead educators in the large public sectors know all this and so...
there has been a steady changing of teaching from;
being the pursuit and transfer of knowledge from one generation to the next (logic and critical thinking skills) to,
more delivery of knowledge in order that the student be made to use emotion rather than logic (which side do you "feel" you are on).

You should use emotion to speak into emotion.
You should use logic to speak into logic.

If you go against these principles, philosophers tell us, anger results.

The Greeks were the mighty philosophers and we are still baked in the ways Aristotle to the this day (logic). They used logic and would disqualify any sort of emotional argument in their great debates.
Some of you would probably vote for that in a heart beat.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quartermastersir
there is no correct censorship. censoring idiot left wingers is no more correct than censoring intellectual conservatives. Same with racism, "woke" racism is as bad as any other.
How am i to decide who is the moron if I can't hear them speak or enunciate their views?
I want to hear from the KKK AND BLM so i can dismiss them both as racist pieces of "banned word". I want to hear the gibberish from the squad, when i read the opinion page from the Star Tribune and it is absolutely opposite of my views, I know I'm on the correct side of the issue.

What the MSM media did by NOT airing anything from Incoherent Joe is also despicable. Would the election have gone differently if we knew BEFORE the election, he was senile?

I want an unfiltered access to as many opinions as possible, to make my own decision based on as much information or disinformation and how it applies to me. I am capable of deciding for myself which is misinformation (we used to call this BS) and which is not.
I would guess that the haters of Trumps new site will not venture on it to try to "win the hearts and souls", I think they know their ideologies don't play well outside their cult, they will take the cowards way out and hack it to oblivion.
Let's hope that recent events have pulled the curtain back on the bat guano crazy progressives, and the political pendulum will swing back to some resemblance of sanity.

THIS^^^!!! I like you QM.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quartermastersir

THIS^^^!!! I like you QM.

DITTO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Ditto

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 02:57 PM

Leftists want to send me to a reeducation camp. I can't fault them for that, that's where I'd send them. I have no use for them but we gotta let them squeal.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 03:56 PM

Doesnt look like we can get the app here in Canuckistan....

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 04:23 PM

Anyone get on yet? I am still number 400 thousand something in waiting.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 04:26 PM

That ship sailed , time to choose which dugout you belong to
Posted By: jht

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jht

So if we don't go on a media site or the internet then where do we find this mysterious "truth" you speak of?

TV? Radio? Local hardware store? Water cooler at work?

I hear people like yourself insinuate we are suckers to big media and big tech. I also hear people like yourself say we should just put our head in the sand.

Wonder what would have happened if the revoutionaries of pre 1776 had just ignored what the King and England were doing to them? If they would have just chopped wood, grew food and animals and just kept to themselves?

If you choose to not stay informed, that is your choice. However if you choose to stay uninformed, don't call others a sucker for not following you out into the open field.

Apologies bowhunter, I didn't mean to imply that you (or anyone else here regardless of the method they use to hear the news or discuss it) are a sucker. I don't know you (or anyone else here), so that's not a judgement I'm qualified to make. I was merely sharing my opinion about social media. You are, of course, welcome to have a different one, and I appreciate the feedback on mine. Excellent points. I meant no offense.

As to "truth", I only used the word because Mr. Trump used it as the name of his new platform. His use of the word seems awfully fishy to me. He seems to be making a fairly serious claim, especially for a platform where people are expected to share their opinions and one which specifically targets opinions that are aligned with his own. I assume he's selling something or that he's attempting to buy allegiance (probably both, isn't that how all corporations and politicians operate?). I desire neither to buy nor to be bought. My allegiance lies elsewhere. If, however, Trump's Truth ends up being a place where all opinions are freely shared and dissenting views are not silenced, then that's great. I'll stand corrected, but I still won't use it. Tman is as much social media as I can handle, and that's a personal, philosophical choice for which I don't expect agreement or approval.

Though "truth" seems to imply a cosmic or grand Truth (meaning the philosophical or religious type, which is a completely different conversation), what you seem to be talking about is merely the facts about current events. It seems to me that, no matter where you find them, facts are always neatly packaged within some other opinion, interpretation, or motive. I see no way around that, so I have no better answer than you do (though I am open to suggestion). Check multiple sources, keep in mind who they are and what their motives are. Read between the lines and try to triangulate the location of the facts. Think independently (Philosophically, that's probably a technical impossibility. Are any of us capable of having a thought that isn't influenced by another's? But you know what I mean).

Who can say how history would have unfolded if more people had their heads in the sand pre-Revolution, but, assuming technology advanced in a similar fashion, I bet we'd all be sharing our opinions about it on social media!

I guess the point I was hinting at in my earlier post is that the most important things in life happen much closer to home. It's good to be informed. It's good to care about your country and its future. It's good to be upset about the injustices of the world. However, my primary responsibilities are to my family and my community. What happens in Washington is important and has an impact on all of us, but it matters much less than what happens in my own home. Life is a sticky mess, and human society is stickier and messier. I cannot avoid or deny involvement in all of that, but I would like my involvement to be better, more positive (yes, I know those goals are subjective). I have very little influence in Washington. I have a lot of influence in the lives of my family and community members. Does social media help me be a better husband? A better father? A better neighbor? A better human? I am not convinced that it does. More informed perhaps, but not necessarily better. As such, I don't feel the need to burden myself or my family with that kind of distraction. Anyway, that's my current opinion on the matter. I understand most of you may not agree, and that's great. I welcome your dissent and dialogue!

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Posco
Leftists want to send me to a reeducation camp. I can't fault them for that, that's where I'd send them. I have no use for them but we gotta let them squeal.

You are more kind than I my friend. The camp I wish to send them is on the other side.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 08:57 PM

Anyone get on yet? I am still number 400 thousand something in waiting.

Nunes mentioned it may take a couple weeks to work through the waiting list. I haven't signed yet, T-man being my only social media.
We definitely need an alternative to the censorship of the current media outlets.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 09:08 PM

I joined facebook for one day to reply to a person on marketplace, thats all I did AND I got 30day suspension for not following community standards, (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)?
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 09:13 PM

how can anyone support Trump after he praised Putin for what he is doing

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by k9-hunter

Do you have a quote?

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 10:19 PM

Do you have a quote?

Yeah, where did you get that ?
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/24/22 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crowfoot
[quote=k9-hunter]how can anyone support Trump after he praised Putin for what he is doing

Do you have a quote?

Interested as well.

I often frequent a site where if a statement is made, the source has to be revealed as well or the post goes poof.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/25/22 12:16 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/25/22 12:32 AM

Do you have a quote?

Originally Posted by Crowfoot
Yeah, where did you get that ?

President Trump's Putin Comments

Trump was doing an interview with radio show host Buck Sexton when he made the following comments:

“I went in yesterday, and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius, Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine – of Ukraine – Putin declares it as independent.” “Oh, that’s wonderful.”

Trump was referring to Putin’s announcement on Monday that Russia would immediately recognize the sovereignty of the DPR and LPR, which declared their independence after a US-backed overthrow of Ukraine’s elected leadership in 2014. The Russian president followed that decision by getting parliamentary approval on Tuesday to send Russian forces into the Donbass as peacekeepers for the DPR and LPR. However, he later clarified that the authorization did not mean Russian troops would be deployed to the republics immediately.

The former US commander-in-chief said such a turn of events never would have happened if he were still in office, accusing his predecessor of incompetence while referring to Russia’s Donbass move, including Moscow’s potential peacekeeping mission, as “smart.”

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/25/22 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Originally Posted by jk

Free speech is over , it's time to pick a side , and the Donald will give a place to reside

Yes

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/25/22 11:53 AM

My wife’s account:

[Linked Image]

That was last night. This morning she’s down to 662,344 on the list.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 02/25/22 11:57 AM

That’s crazy Lugnut. Thanks for posting

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 03/25/22 08:57 PM

My wife’s account:

[Linked Image]

Where is she at now?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 03/25/22 10:44 PM

My email is full of trump stuff 24-7. He has been offering joining his new platform for weeks on there, but I didn't bite. I could care less about another social media outfit. Never joined farcebook, only thing I do is trapper sites. Really don't understand what all the fuss is about! lol

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 03/25/22 11:08 PM

My wife’s account:

[Linked Image]

Where is she at now?

Her account was activated about two weeks ago.

Re: Truth Social climbs to #1 app - 03/27/22 04:45 PM

I was 400 thousand something and still waiting, I even logged out and logged back on , got nuthin. I am not real familiar with this stuff but thought I followed instructions.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums