Home

WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION

Posted By: E.J. Kelley

WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 02:38 PM

June 24th and 25th. Park county fairgrounds in Powell WY. Everybody Welcome!!!!!!
Posted By: Tom Fisher

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 03:55 PM

Looking forward to a good time---will bring a bigger jar of chile!
Posted By: ttzt

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 04:09 PM

Thanks, looking forward to it.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 05:49 PM

Can't wait , see you there.
Wyoming Trapper's Convention you never know who you will see there.
We have always had a blast.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 10:38 PM

Got extended family in Powell, might just have to make the trek out there in June. whistle
Posted By: thedude055

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 10:52 PM

It is going to be a great Time. If anyone is interested in having a booth at the convention for thier business let me or EJ know. We can get you set up. Booth space is free.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Fisher
Looking forward to a good time---will bring a bigger jar of chile!

Excellent Tom!

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/23/22 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Got extended family in Powell, might just have to make the trek out there in June. whistle

Be Great to have ya here. Lots of things to do and see in the area.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/24/22 12:12 AM

Hopefully everything works out and I can make it. Looks good from February but we all know things can change.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/24/22 12:28 AM

That is a great location! There is a Northwest Wyoming College there and their mascot name is "TRAPPERS". I stopped there years ago and bought TRAPPER tee shirts at the library in the college. They also have an awesome Mountain Man mural painted in a hallway that was done by a VERY talented student artist.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/24/22 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
That is a great location! There is a Northwest Wyoming College there and their mascot name is "TRAPPERS". I stopped there years ago and bought TRAPPER tee shirts at the library in the college. They also have an awesome Mountain Man mural painted in a hallway that was done by a VERY talented student artist.

Class of 88

Some of the best years of my life.
Posted By: dmac

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/24/22 01:54 AM

Thanks for sharing the info!! See ya there and looking forward to it!
Posted By: MChewk

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 02/24/22 06:12 PM

TTT

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/05/22 05:17 PM

Any info on demos times or vendors

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 01:16 AM

Ttt

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 12:28 PM

TTT

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 01:49 PM

Any info on demos times or vendors

Info on demos, dealers and such are in the Trappers post and on the wy trappers web site. I think wy trappers face book also. Great line up again this year and more diverse vendor attendance. Banquet, live and silent auctions also.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 01:55 PM

[Linked Image]

Awesome, thanks! Got my vacation approved so The Boy and I will be there! Got a new trapper friend of mine thinking of coming out as well so we may have a small crew in Powell. Looks to be a good time. Getting excited for sure

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 06:28 PM

Thats terrific! Glad you can make it! Be sure to look me up!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/06/22 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by E.J. Kelley
Thats terrific! Glad you can make it! Be sure to look me up!

I always have to look up to you EJ! Puts a kink in my neck! grin Wish I could make it!

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/08/22 05:31 PM

Anyone know the cost of camping at the fairgrounds? All I see is first come first serve.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 05/08/22 07:11 PM

TTT

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/20/22 11:40 AM

I am starting to get excited for this weekend. The Boy and I are leaving Thursday morning hopefully getting into Powell late evening. Interested in trying to learn a thing or two about western trapping and might try to find a catfish or two while out that way.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/21/22 11:59 PM

Oh man it's getting close! Bags are packed, route planned, just need clean out The Boy's college fund for gas and food lol. Then Thursday we'll be headed west! Looks like we are bringing the heat with us, sorry about that. Y'all have been warned.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/22/22 01:41 AM

TTT

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/22/22 01:46 AM

I am starting to get excited for this weekend. The Boy and I are leaving Thursday morning hopefully getting into Powell late evening. Interested in trying to learn a thing or two about western trapping and might try to find a catfish or two while out that way.

It's always a good time, we always enjoy ourselves.
Safe travels
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/22/22 02:37 AM

I agree with Chad the WSTA convention is a fun time for sure with a wealth of information to be learned .
I've fished the northern part of the bighorn but I hear there's some good cat fish to be caught .

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/26/22 05:44 PM

Well The boy and I had a great time! I'll post pictures once I get back to WI. What an awesome association! Proud to be a new member! Everyone was so nice to us, special thanks for the kindness showed to The Boy and our dog. Good to meet some members from Trapperman had a great talk with Beartooth Trapr and his wife, as well as E J Kelley, John (the VP I think), Marty Zimmer, Mike Murdock and his brother, Phil Pfisterer and a bunch of others I now count as friends.

The first day it was just 4 of us, myself, The Boy, the wife's cousin and his nephew and they had such a good time we brought his girlfriend, her son, and a couple more young cousins for day two. Thanks to the WSTA and some of the vendors they all have traps, lure, bait and some fur items! They are fully excited to tag along on a trapline this season!

The Boy and I did a little bidding at the auction and will have a tight ride back home lol. The kids were up early watching a Kaats flat set video and full of questions this morning.

I can't say enough good things about the convention but especially about the WSTA directors and members they have such a passion for everything outdoors and it really shows. Thanks again for the hospitality to everyone.

Sorry if I missed anything I'll have to look over my notes when I get home.

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/26/22 06:48 PM

Thanks much Trap setter! Was great to have you there and meet you also. Thankyou for the compliments and all of youre support!

Re: WYOMING STATE TRAPPERS CONVENTION - 06/26/22 07:23 PM

Thanks Trapsetter, was awesome to meet you and your boy, and Timber
And yeah did you ever do some bidding at the auction.
Was a very good time, we always have a good time in Wyoming.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums