Home

OUCH

Posted By: cotton

OUCH - 02/26/22 01:48 AM

Ran out of heating oil this morning, got lucky and they came and filled up the tank.
3.669 a gallon
so glad we are building back better

sure could stand a few mean tweets about now
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 01:50 AM

Agree
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 02:08 AM

Heaven help us all
Posted By: Posco

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 02:15 AM

I'm paying about the same price per gallon. I can heat my house for less than ten days on 100 gallons of heating oil. It's over $1,000 a month. It costs me around $300 a month in gas to commute to work and I haven't seen my electric bill for this month yet. Everyone says electricity rates have skyrocketed.

I guess it always requires money and pain to move the population in the direction government thinks it should go. Government never seems to do the suffering.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 02:36 AM

I just paid 3.09 a gallon at the pump in Fairbanks. Joe likes us better because we’re closer to Russia.

They even let you burn it in your pickup.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 02:37 AM

I have been using off road Diesel , bring it in cans 30 gallons at a time

I am going to be right about 120 gallons for the year started at 2.49 for the first 60 then 30 at 2.89 and the last 30 was 3.18

truck price has been about 40-60 cents higher than that

that is to get me through the early morning hours while I sleep and some of the days I am not here. the rest of the day and night is all wood heat.

before I installed the wood stove 750-800 gallons a year was the norm
Posted By: Dirt

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 02:42 AM

I burn wood. It is the only choice.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by cotton
Ran out of heating oil this morning, got lucky and they came and filled up the tank.
3.669 a gallon
so glad we are building back better sure could stand a few mean tweets about now

LISTEN! You're lucky that's ALL you have to pay for killing the Planet!

this IS, afterall, an EXISTENTIAL threat to the whole world!
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
3.669 a gallon
so glad we are building back better sure could stand a few mean tweets about now

Popcorn and cotton are bad! bad! dudes!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
I'm paying about the same price per gallon. I can heat my house for less than ten days on 100 gallons of heating oil. It's over $1,000 a month. It costs me around $300 a month in gas to commute to work and I haven't seen my electric bill for this month yet. Everyone says electricity rates have skyrocketed.

I guess it always requires money and pain to move the population in the direction government thinks it should go. Government never seems to do the suffering.

It's been a while since we heated with fuel oil. Not since I was a kid. But over 10 gallons a day? Is your house huge, or just extremely NOT energy efficient?

I remember when I was young and my mom was newly divorced my grandfather pouring a 5 gallon jug of kerosene into the fuel tank when we ran out and that would last us 2-3 days until we could get it refilled.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 09:38 AM

That stimulus is going to hurt for a long time. Its being compounded by Brandons determination to increase fuel costs. Dollar gets devalued. Transportation costs go up, increasing the cost of goods even more. You want to take peoples money, keep them busy trying to live, just take away cheap energy.

FWIW I still believe fraud put him in office.
Posted By: trapNH

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 10:35 AM

Fuel oil here is 3.98 a gallon, I burn wood.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 12:25 PM

Stay warm.Spring is coming.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Posco

Holey moley $1000 a month?
Shut the front door lol
Posted By: cotton

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 12:30 PM

this better be the last tank filling we need, cause it sure is the last bank empying we can stand shocked
Posted By: Dirty trapper 73

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 12:32 PM

Keystone pipeline.....
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 12:34 PM

I heat with natural gas. Got a level payment. same thing every month. Settle with the gas Company in the spring. Usually got a few bucks to put on next years bill. Every 4-5 years I take a rebate check. I am scared to ask my bride how much we are paying now. I don't need higher blood pressure. I am expecting a catch up bill in a few months this year.
Posted By: run

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 01:35 PM

Burn wood , cotton. I know it's a ton of work. But you can justify it this year.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
3.669 a gallon

crazy grin
Posted By: Dirty trapper 73

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 01:55 PM

Killing the planet.. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman). People need to wake up.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 07:45 PM

Holy crap that's a lot of fuel oil to use. It must be like trying to heat a wire corn crib.
I don't complain on my natural gas bill in my house. I've been here since Jan. 2008 and the average per year per month would be around $50.00 coming in at roughly $600.00 a year. I have written down what the gas bill is every month since I moved in. That's with a gas furnace, water heater and stove. I consider myself thankful and lucky when I hear what a lot of folks pay.
Here's the kicker there's a nice wood furnace in the basement that I've never used. The previous owners did right up to moving out. I can't justify burning wood with what it costs me to heat the house with natural gas. Also consider there's no windows or outside entrance to the basement to get wood in. They carried it down the basement steps to a room in the back corner of the basement. Talk about labor intensive along with having to go cut wood, drive to the woods, truck, saw and splitter expense, it isn't worth it.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 08:01 PM

You should be thankful Badger when natural gas lines got put in here people could have heated an old barn cheaper than us that had propane Now its pretty close pricewise I had 40+ years of heating solely with wood so i'm using all the money i saved to buy propane gettin easier to walk thru the house every year
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: OUCH - 02/26/22 08:03 PM

I’m in the same boat Badger , I built my house with 2x6” walls and pex tubing in the basement floor. I had intentions of putting in an outdoor wood stove and pumping hot water in the floor. At a $1.49 a gallon for propane ( the most I’ve ever paid ) and I’ve never used more than 400 gallon of fuel in a year , it’s kinda too cheap to mess with wood .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums