Home

After Hours

Posted By: Macthediver

After Hours - 02/28/22 09:55 PM

Took little road trip today kind of a just because drive. Drove down River road south 50 miles to Cabela's. Coming home cross river come up IA- MN side of river. There is small town meat market wife and I always likes to stop at in New Albin IA..
So we stop and what do I spy right away out front by the door.
After hours meat market.. I don't recall it being there last time we stopped? Not like you can get a fresh steak. But they have nice selection sausage and jerky. All I know is it's first time I seen vending machine like this one.

[Linked Image]

Mac
Posted By: KeithC

Re: After Hours - 02/28/22 10:04 PM

That's not a bad idea. A lot of businesses are having to cut open hours, due to a lack of a available employees. Also people, who are scared of entering a store due to Covid, might feel safer using a vending machine. It's basically 24 hour, curb side service, without an employee.

Keith
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: After Hours - 02/28/22 10:09 PM

Wow...Wierd
Posted By: 20scout

Re: After Hours - 02/28/22 10:13 PM

I've heard of vending machines for baked goods like pies and such so why not?
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: After Hours - 02/28/22 11:07 PM

That was there last year as well, Mac! That place has the best Ring Balogna I have ever had. A must stop if I get in the area.

Moosetrot
Posted By: run

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:04 AM

Cool stuff.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:21 AM

That just aint right.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:22 AM

Warm meat
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:26 AM

That...is...AWESOME!
Posted By: chas3457

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Warm meat

I'd bet it's refrigerated, just like a pop machine. grin

You ain't old enough to remember 'pre-refrigeration'. laugh

Charlie
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 12:51 AM

we have a bait shop vending machine like that here.

they can take a lot more time out of the shop by having the vending machine
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 09:57 AM

great Idea
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 10:45 AM

Awesome pork jerky!
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 08:22 PM

Them rings bologna Moosetrot mention look like pulling collar for small pony lol. I can go in there just for the smell of the place breath it in. It's not even as big as some of the old country stores I remember when was a kid. But still got the look feel and is one of them old places.
I also stop at the last of kinda old school fish market in Prairie Of The Dog.... Was fixing to get some fish jerky. But sign said they are closed until April..

We didn't buy any bologna or stack stick at meat market . I still got plenty of the venison and beaver I made at home.
Wife did get couple dandy smoked black pepper pork chops. They didn't suck and are every bit full inch or more thick.

[Linked Image]

Mac
Posted By: adsfarm

Re: After Hours - 03/01/22 10:52 PM

Grew up in New Albin, Meat market is now 3rd generation or maybe 4th. Cant remember if Edgars dad had it before him. That vending machine been there for awhile, kinda handy when you head home late at night and you get hungry lol.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: After Hours - 03/02/22 12:55 AM

Nuthin better than a ring-bologna and butter sammich.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: After Hours - 03/02/22 01:35 AM

According to the tube, Japan has vending machines for a mind bending range of goods. Anything from cooked food to ... well ...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums