Home

Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column

Posted By: Canvasback2

Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 05:18 PM

Ukraine jets hit Russian column; Russia has used thermobarics, Ukraine military says

Ukraine armed forces have been striking that long line of Russian troops heading to Kyiv while the Russians have used thermobaric weapons against Ukrainian cities, the head of Ukraine’s defense intelligence agency tells Military Times.

“We are striking the enemy’s columns,” Brig. Gen. Kyrylo Budanov told Military Times in an exclusive interview Wednesday morning. “We burn many columns of the enemy.”

The strikes, he said, are being conducted by Ukraine Su-24 and Su-25 fighter jets, artillery and missile barrages.

“My intelligence officers and agents are directing and calling the strikes,” he said.

Marine Lt. Col. Anton Semelroth, a Pentagon spokesman said Wednesday morning he “would not speak to intel assessments.”

Ukraine invasion live updates: March 2

The Russian troops staged around the outside of Ukraine’s capital city appear to be in a holding pattern of some kind, a senior U.S. defense official told reporters Tuesday.

Formations that had been moving toward Kyiv are essentially in the same spot today as they were Monday, the official said, roughly 17 miles outside the city center.

A view of the central square following shelling of the City Hall building in Kharkiv, Ukraine, Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Russia on Tuesday stepped up shelling of Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, pounding civilian targets there. Casualties mounted and reports emerged that more than 70 Ukrainian soldiers were killed after Russian artillery hit a military base in Okhtyrka, a city between Kharkiv and Kyiv, the capital. (Pavel Dorogoy/AP)
A view of the central square following shelling of the City Hall building in Kharkiv, Ukraine, Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Russia on Tuesday stepped up shelling of Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, pounding civilian targets there. Casualties mounted and reports emerged that more than 70 Ukrainian soldiers were killed after Russian artillery hit a military base in Okhtyrka, a city between Kharkiv and Kyiv, the capital. (Pavel Dorogoy/AP)
More
“We believe that that’s for a number of reasons,” the official said. “Obviously, the resistance that they’re facing, the fuel and sustainment problems that they’re having. We are also picking up signs that they’re having problems feeding their troops, that they’re not only running out of gas, but they are running out of food.”

The Pentagon’s assessment echoes multiple reports from recent days that Russian troops are looking for fuel and sustenance as they roll toward Kyiv.

There’s also the possibility, the official said, that the Russians are taking a strategic pause to regroup, possibly after a stiffer defense than anticipated from the Ukrainian armed forces.

Budanov also told Military Times that the Russians have been using thermobaric weapons in the assault on Kharkiv and near Kyiv.

They were fired, he said, by TOS-1M weapons systems.

Thermobaric weapons produce more heat and overpressure than conventional weapons by exploding a vapor in the blast zone, according to the Journal of Military and Veterans’ Health. Such weapons create tremendous damage to the human body, according to the journal.

The Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C., did not immediately return a request seeking comment on both claims by Budanov.

Human Rights Watch condemned Russia’s reported used of the weapons a year earlier in Chechnya in 2000, according to The Guardian, as “a dangerous escalation” with “important humanitarian implications”.

The Guardian described the weapons as effective at their “specific purpose” of “primarily destroying defensive positions.” While they would not be used to penetrate a tank, they could be a “”very destructive weapon” against an apartment complex or other building.

“They are not illegal, even though their effects can be pretty horrific because of … creating a vacuum and sucking the air out of the lungs of defenders,” Marcus Hellyer, senior analyst at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, told The Guardian.

A senior U.S. defense official on Tuesday said the Pentagon has seen weapons systems that can launch themobaric weapons inside Ukraine, but could not confirm the thermobaric weapons are actually in Ukraine or their use. Semelroth on Wednesday told Military Times there was no update to that assessment.

Military Times Pentagon Bureau Chief Meghann Myers contributed to this report.
Posted By: KOSOI

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 05:39 PM

Isn't it funny for you to read this nonsense?
Posted By: waggler

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 05:45 PM

Canvasback,
I hope you are taking that information with a grain of salt.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 05:51 PM

Kosoi, are you sure your information sources are better? This is a serious question.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 05:52 PM

When there are pics and videos to back it up......I dont need a grain of salt......

...and it isnt funny.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Kosoi, are you sure your information sources are better? This is a serious question.

We should be asking that guy from Louisiana, He seems to have the inside info. How could Kosoi's info possibly be better? Serious question.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:03 PM

Carl! I'm sure of it.
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
When there are pics and videos to back it up......I dont need a grain of salt......

...and it isnt funny.

Who is making this movie for you, the khokhlys or your media?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by KOSOI

Perhaps you've just been in the dark so long the light is blinding you ! Will the Real Truth please stand up !
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:07 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/
Posted By: hippie

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:08 PM

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/28/ukraine-kyiv-russia-military-convoy-tanks-destroyed/

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:16 PM

Alexei, I assume your information must come from the official Russian governments position. Most of us here would be very suspect of those sources. Did you not say that the Ukrainian president had already fled the country some days ago? I think he is still there. No?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:18 PM

Russian troops are sabotaging their own equipment to avoid fighting. Many Russian troops are starving and have no fuel. Russians have surrendered without even fighting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-troops-have-punched-holes-their-own-gas-tanks-2022-3

Keith

Also, I think there is no reason for us to ridicule kosoi on this thread. He's our fellow trapper and I give him credit for speaking up and saying what he believes. (Even if I disagree).
Posted By: BTLowry

I don't find any of it "funny" but I slightly chuckle when (per what I know which may be fiction) someone kicks a sleeping dog and gets bit. Dog may end up the loser in the end but you can bet someone will have wounds and scars as a reminder to let sleeping dogs lie

For the record I take everything with a teaspoon of salt if it is coming from MSM wink

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:19 PM

Alexei, I assume your information must come from the official Russian governments position. Most of us here would be very suspect of those sources. Did you not say that the Ukrainian president had already fled the country some days ago? I think he is still there. No?

Now stand back and read what you just wrote, take a deep breath and see if there are any direct parallels in your life. If you can not see any, then you will never understand .
Posted By: run

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:20 PM

Also, I think there is no reason for us to ridicule kosoi on this thread. He's our fellow trapper and I give him credit for speaking up and saying what he believes. (Even if I disagree).

I agree with beaverpeeler.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:25 PM

I agree. I'd like to know if Kosoi supports Putin or not and if most Russian citizens support Putin.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:32 PM

Carl! no offense. if you have specific questions that interest you, let's talk elsewhere. i do not want to prove and convince anyone here.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

I agree. I'd like to know if Kosoi supports Putin or not and if most Russian citizens support Putin.

All of Russia supports Putin.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:36 PM

How many war protesters are jailed?
tinme after time we have seen interviews of those that are shocked by what putin has done.

just
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:43 PM

Isn't it sad and frustrating how there is such a lack of faith in the news nowadays? Most don't trust the mainstream media any more than they trust any Russian media, what does that say about the state of the media nowadays?

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:48 PM

That info comes from Germany, Britain, france, and us,
Ashame?
it just doesn't make sense.
just
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:50 PM

Everyone needs to converse on here with civility and respect or I will shut down all conversations about these current events. Those who do not abide by this will be banned permanently.
Posted By: Redknot

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 06:56 PM

This is difficult to watch...What news coming out of Ukraine is accurate, who knows, but it would be interesting to know from a Russian how they feel about what their Country, or at least their leader is doing...

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
Ashame?
just

Should I be ashamed that I am telling the truth? You should be ashamed that your government, by deceiving ordinary Americans, wants to instill in you a hatred of Russia. and make you into cannon fodder. and make money for their own pockets as well.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:04 PM

i this age of 'instant' communications of words and videos....we have to ? almost everything we see on mainstream/all media...right there is a problem worse than this minor skirmish in eastern europe.

I do not believe any of it. The same folks pushed wmd iraq for a long time to get folks here behind the illegal second invasion of iraq. When they first started pushing that lie Donahue had the #1 show on TV and he said on that show "lets slow down here and get all the info before we jump on the war wagon".

That show was cancelled the next day.....go figure..
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:10 PM

tinme after time we have seen interviews of those that are shocked by what putin has done.

just

Like we're any better there, both America and Canada currently have political prisoners'.....held unlawfully.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Everyone needs to converse on here with civility and respect or I will shut down all conversations about these current events. Those who do not abide by this will be banned permanently.

I think it's a forgone conclusion that you're going to have to stop these topics. Civility and respect has been absent for some time now.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Now stand back and read what you just wrote, take a deep breath and see if there are any direct parallels in your life. If you can not see any, then you will never understand .

X2, oh the irony..
Posted By: Trapset

[/quote]
All of Russia supports Putin.[/quote]

I don't think it would be wise to say otherwise on a public forum. If you happen to be in Russia right now that is.

Originally Posted by Kre
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

I think it's a forgone conclusion that you're going to have to stop these topics. Civility and respect has been absent for some time now.

It will stop as those who violate this will start disappearing.
Posted By: roztocki

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:13 PM

The elites don’t want to see Ukraine fall simply because it’s their money laundering country and they are part of the of the New World order plan.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:19 PM

You don't understand that. Russians just have a slightly different upbringing. I won't say things that are against my opinion.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:26 PM

One thing I’ve learned since Trump was elected. The honesty and truthfulness of the US government and the MSM. My parents were right, half what you see, nothing that you hear.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:33 PM

All of Russia supports Putin.

There is literally many hundreds of hours of footage on YouTube of Russians protesting the Ukraine war, during the last week. The video are probably blocked in Russia.

All of Russia beyond any shadow of a doubt does not support Putin.

Keith

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:36 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60571737

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:36 PM

Some of just won't know the truth until April 1st, and I'm unsure of which year.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:41 PM

Ashame?
just

Should I be ashamed that I am telling the truth? You should be ashamed that your government, by deceiving ordinary Americans, wants to instill in you a hatred of Russia. and make you into cannon fodder. and make money for their own pockets as well.

Don't be ashamed at being lied to.

Notice not just my government.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

just

Like we're any better there, both America and Canada currently have political prisoners'.....held unlawfully.

The US and Canada are far from perfect, but you are completely failing to grasp the immensely larger number of human rights violations in Russia. It's like saying going 1 mile per hour over the speed limit on the highway is the same as using a jet powered car to go 501 miles per hour in a school zone. You're not grasping the scale.

Keith
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:01 PM

The vast vast majority of Russians support Putin, not 100% but a very strong majority. The russian culture for centuries has valued a strong, forceful leader so it is no surprise.

I've seen a ton of western propaganda regarding this war and a ton of russian propaganda regarding this. I think Russia is wrong for invading as they did. I also think that the Ukranian government is a neo-facist government and is attacking their own people because of the most recent coup.

There are no good guys here......just fodder for the military industrial complex.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:05 PM

to the fierce freedom fighters. I would like to report, there is snow on the streets in Moscow.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:09 PM

Not perfect????Its justa little "insurrection", Is one political prisoner not enough, who would have thought that in the USA, today, That we would have political prisoners.? Who would have thought we would have a state run, lying media?
Posted By: Kre

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:13 PM

Russia state media admits 498 troops killed

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:14 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ssage-to-russia/ar-AAUwzvV?ocid=msedgntp

What the UN said
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:17 PM

If Ukraine is doing so well there is no need for nato or the U.S to step in

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:22 PM

ukrainians love freedom alot......that why when the eu supported a coup and deposed their legally elected president who was allied with Moscow they did nothing at all.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
If Ukraine is doing so well there is no need for nato or the U.S to step in

I wonder if any promises of protection were made to Ukraine as they were asked to give up their nukes?? Perhaps those promises should be kept....

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:31 PM

I'd say if that's the stance of the UN then its going to get a lot bigger because Putin is locked in and can't change his mind.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kre

According to France 24, Ukrainians and the experts in the EU are saying over 7000 Russians have been killed so far.

With 250,000 people in the Ukramiam military and a now somewhat armed populace, 7000 dead Russians sounds like a much more believable number.

Keith

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:44 PM

Might be true a lot of Ukrainians are Russian or Russian descent one would ponder that if all those are Russian soldiers Putin would have engaged with heavier strikes Or are air defenses coming out of nato countries and nobody's saying that
2 ukrainian pilots shoot down 25 russian migs C'MON MAN

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:50 PM

Ashame?
just

That's the truth!

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 08:54 PM

Israel is being awfully quite.
Posted By: white17

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Israel is being awfully quite.

Not really. Bennett offered to be the mediator in any peace talks between the parties. THAT seems peculiar to me.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:04 PM

Not True KOISOI averageAmerican rails about everything for a short time many keyboards burnt up when the NFL kneeled no one was gonna watch football thing of the past same with Afghanistan, the election the virus coupla months there'll be another crisis
Posted By: danvee

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:26 PM

I doubt that the Ukraine military can match the Russians but they are not going to back down and will do a lot of damage that Putin did not expect. He has two options to back down and talk or level the Ukraine from a distance then go in and try to overcome resistance and occupy which again will cost. In either situation he loses and he is not one back down and lose most of all his pride in front of the world and his supporters.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:53 PM

Post a photo of yourself, and something you've trapped.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B

He's posted actual videos I've him self trapping
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:58 PM

Then all of Russia will fall.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 09:58 PM

To those that commented on my post on page 1, I just say that it is a sad commentary on the times when my fellow trappers on here have no more confidence in our free press than they do in the Russian Federation's propaganda machine. Sad.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kre

Thats a drop in the bucket To any force

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:07 PM

https://battleplan.news/watch?id=621f9fa564a1b83f6654103d

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:08 PM

He's probably posted more trapping related stuff than you sir.....
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:14 PM

To those that commented on my post on page 1, I just say that it is a sad commentary on the times when my fellow trappers on here have no more confidence in our free press than they do in the Russian Federation's propaganda machine. Sad.

We ALL know it's Sad
Sad that they're equally dishonest in reporting Truth

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:22 PM

I thought you knew!

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:24 PM

Well, suffice to say we see things differently then. Carry on.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:41 PM

prop·a·gan·da
/ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
Learn to pron
noun
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
"he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"

I expect more out of America than Russia. The reporting of the press over the past 4 years has not instilled confidence. I’m surprised anyone sees it differently.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 10:56 PM

Russia shut down a television station and a radio station today and has shut down hundreds of websites. The US is nowhere near that bad.

Keith

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:03 PM

He's a trapper. I've had a lot of conversations with him via PM. He's also getting into lure making.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:15 PM

This seems so Orwellian. War on the other side of the world. Democrats are openly being war hawks, Ukrainian president is an actor, and Russia being aggressive but not with their full force.
I do wonder how much money Hunter is making from this conflict.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Russia shut down a television station and a radio station today and has shut down hundreds of websites. The US is nowhere near that bad.

Keith

So Facebook is in Russia too..........

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:33 PM

Keith

I believe you but do you have a reference to share?

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Keith

I believe you but do you have a reference to share?

It was on France 24 or the DW.

Both have pretty good coverage. They should have it on again. They are very repetitive.

The Indian News Channel shows the most carnage. It might be a little inappropriate for Trapperman. You can find it on Roku.

Here's a news article on the shutdowns.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dx5x/russian-media-dozhd-tv-shutdown

Keith
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/02/22 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
This seems so Orwellian. War on the other side of the world. Democrats are openly being war hawks, Ukrainian president is an actor, and Russia being aggressive but not with their full force.
I do wonder how much money Hunter is making from this conflict.

I hope that lawyer Brandon had fired finds a secured hiding spot.
Posted By: Flicker Shad

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:20 AM

Well, suffice to say we see things differently then. Carry on.

Over the last 2 years hasn't it been obvious?

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:26 AM

[quote=Pike River]

It was on France 24 or the DW.

Both have pretty good coverage. They should have it on again. They are very repetitive.

The Indian News Channel shows the most carnage. It might be a little inappropriate for Trapperman. You can find it on Roku.

Here's a news article on the shutdowns.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7dx5x/russian-media-dozhd-tv-shutdown

Keith

As much as I watch them for differing perspective, I wouldn't put too much faith in them. But like I said....it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Typically if a media center is shut down it makes huge waves like what happened in Hong Kong.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:49 AM

The shutdown radio and TV station are both labeled as "independent", which may very well be why none of the mega media outlets are saying much.

Keith
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 01:20 AM

Gen Keane said on Fox the other day, that there is something wrong about the column movement. There seems to be no two way traffic, no empty trucks going back. Sounds like they need cut off and starved out.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 01:23 AM

I don't think there's an ounce of truth coming from anyone anymore. They all have an agenda. I haven't heard the same thing twice.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 01:55 AM

Hard to believe no country sympathetic to Ukraine hasn’t at least offered some strike drones. With a 40 mile long convoy making an excellent “ kill box “ it would be an electronic turkey shoot.

Osky
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Osky
Hard to believe no country sympathetic to Ukraine hasn’t at least offered some strike drones. With a 40 mile long convoy making an excellent “ kill box “ it would be an electronic turkey shoot.

Osky

Turkey has given them some.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 02:02 AM

Some real news.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 02:09 AM

What I am going to say does NOT mean I endorse what Putin is doing.

George Soros is completely supporting the EU and Ukraine.
I am very suspicious of anything that George Soros is supportive of.

Zelensky and Putin are both ruthless people. I think all of us are intended pawns.
Please don't be taken in by these many deceptions.

Families, friends, neighbors, and Countries are being torn apart. Let's not tear apart each other.
Pray for Peace.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by waggler

Zelensky and Putin are both ruthless people. I think all of us are intended pawns.

Families, friends, neighbors, and Countries are being torn apart. Let's not tear apart each other.
Pray for Peace.

Satan is hard at work.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 02:40 AM

Pray for Peace.

x2.

Like I said before... None of the entities at work behind this conflict are aligned with the interests of most of the members here. Take a long hard look at who you support.

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 03:11 AM

Is Nord Stream 1 still pumping gas into Europe?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 03:47 AM

If someone held a gun to my head and showed me two versions of the same story, one by Russian media and one by CNN and asked me which one was the truth, and I would die if I got it wrong.... I'd pick Russia.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 03:59 AM

Russia would most definitely be closer...
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:25 AM

Sad but after what I have saw the last few years I can't decide. I initially wanted to say Russia because I don't trust ours that bad but what I believe about Russia is what I was told by the same people I no longer trust an believe. So since I ont live in Russia and have no experience personally yes I have to give then the benefit of the doubt.

I guess I can say neither do I trust at all. But if I had to pick I would go with Russia because I know I can't trust our news and have no experience to go off of for theirs. But I'm sure its as bad or worse.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:32 AM

Keith

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:09 AM

Keith

Less people percentage wise are protesting in Russia as protested here with BLM....does that mean BLM is a better representation than the protesters in Russia?

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Some real news.

Tulsi's part is what I've been telling everyone but no one listens.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:17 AM

The TMZ video is s***, there's no knocked out main battle tanks, there, just a couple of apc. You all do now that the Russ and the Ukes are using most of the same equipment,especially stuff such as apcs, right? How do we know if its knocked out Russian equipment or Ukrainian?? Until I see actual real ongoing battle scenes with western reporters videoing actual Russian tanks and equipment being knocked out an/or burning in real time, I'm not buying this media war. The same d bags that were telling you that the Afghanis weren't going to cut and run or that the 'vid was as deadly as the Black Death of the 1300s are the same media pukes, including now FNC,, spoon feeding ya now. This morning some "US official" spoon fed Harris Faulker, who I usually like a lot, the "score card" of killed Russians and their destroyed equipment. That tally included 285 tanks AND yet I have seen ZERO main battle tanks as knocked out hulks on any of the major US cable tv news channel I've watched. If the Ukes had that many tank kills, don't you think they would be dancing on top of a few of them??!!

Keep on believing on what you want. The tv news has to be telling the truth...
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:24 AM

Good video, Yukon!

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:32 AM

Keith

Less people percentage wise are protesting in Russia as protested here with BLM....does that mean BLM is a better representation than the protesters in Russia?

That's probably not the case. Even the blm looters, who did very well for themselves and regular blm protestors, faced virtually no repercussions for their behavior. For many of the blm protestors, protesting was just a fun and social activity.

The peaceful Russian protestors are being beaten and jailed and are still protesting the war. Many more Russians very likely feel the same way, but are afraid to protest.

Everything else being equal, more people will always protest when it's easy to, then when it's hard.

Keith

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:40 AM

Yeah....peaceful.....its all camera angles man. Media also said BLM was peaceful. Protests are allowed in Russia and I was apart of them. For them to be arrested means they were breaking the law. Maybe if our police arrested folks as soon as they broke the law we wouldn't have riots.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Calvin
Good video, Yukon!

Agreed

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:49 AM

Yeah....peaceful.....its all camera angles man. Media also said BLM was peaceful. Protests are allowed in Russia and I was apart of them. For them to be arrested means they were breaking the law. Maybe if our police arrested folks as soon as they broke the law we wouldn't have riots.

What did you protest in Russia?

How was it like living there?

I've met a lot of Russians and a lot of Turks, whose families lived in Russia for generations and all of the ones I asked said they would never move back there. The Turks really hated living in Russia. They had no decent way to make a living there. They work hard here and make decent livings.

Keith
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 07:55 AM

Some of the Russian POWs have claimed they were supposed to be on war games and were sent to invade instead. It was stated many had low moral over that.

Here are claims of abandon vehicals/weapons.

Posted By: Eddie43

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 08:30 AM

All media outlets are corrupt. Its the same in every country. The majority will just lap it up, without hesitation. I hear it from my own family and friends, just spewing out what was said on the news.

I believe this war was just let happen. There is a lot to be gained from war.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 10:49 AM

Funny none of Keith's videos have any snow in them when Kosoi has said St. Petersburg is covered up in snow now. Odd.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

If someone held a gun to my head and showed me two versions of the same story, one by Russian media and one by CNN and asked me which one was the truth, and I would die if I got it wrong.... I'd pick Russia.

I would pick neither. Both sources are well-known to be full of crap.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Funny none of Keith's videos have any snow in them when Kosoi has said St. Petersburg is covered up in snow now. Odd.

shocked crazy grin

You do understand that St Petersburg is about 600 miles to the north of Kyiv right? That is almost as far away as I am from you. I have plenty of snow here....you want some?
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:09 PM

One needs to look back at history and the people or groups we supported and we ended up on the bad side of our deal. Remember we supported the Mujahideen in Afghanistan back in the 1970's. One of their people we trained and supported fighting the Russians we Usam Bin Laden.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:22 PM

I still think its a good thing when communists and socialists kill each other. Would be a wise use of tax dollars to send arms to both sides. Of course Big R and Big D are afraid the average hard working American will turn on them next . Just do what the talking head on tv tells you to do. Look elsewhere and ignore what is being done to your country.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
One needs to look back at history and the people or groups we supported and we ended up on the bad side of our deal. Remember we supported the Mujahideen in Afghanistan back in the 1970's. One of their people we trained and supported fighting the Russians we Usam Bin Laden.

Seems like I remember Bin Laden was is some business deals (oil) with some of our politicians and Bin Laden had a lot of family in Texas or some place and when 911 came all his family was loaded up and sent home. Those people had huge families often out of 10 women or more so one can't really judge by blood relatives. We have to judge a individual by what he does. Of course if they are all eating from the same tree its easy to jump to conclusions.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker

We should probably stop making promises we have no intention of keeping!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:03 PM

Binladen--almost Biden.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:38 PM

It seems like people are missing the point here. Regardless of which news you choose to consider as the gospel truth, the invasion by Russia was unprovoked. Putin's intention is he wants to take over Ukraine and make it part of Russia. A less aggressive solution would have been to let the citizens of Ukraine decide which they would prefer. Putin probably suspected how that would go. So, he chose to use force instead.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 04:46 PM

I am pretty sure the Ukrainian citizens are making their decision well known...Perhaps a few A-10s will help spread the word to Putin...

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:20 PM

It doesn't make any sense at all that they can sit on a road for 3-5 days and not be torched by all the Molotov cocktails they show them making.
I just don't get that it hasn't been attacked......somethings not kosher.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:31 PM

^^^^^
There is a whole bunch of stuff with this situation that doesn't make sense. I believe very little of what I hear or see regarding who's winning, advancing, who is right, who is wrong.
All I know for sure is that there are two Countries, both of which have very corrupt leaders and cohorts, who are both creating un-tolerable conditions for both of their citizenry. I don't think the west should dump any ammo into the situation; it will just result in more death on both sides. The sooner it ends regardless of who "wins" the better.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
It doesn't make any sense at all that they can sit on a road for 3-5 days and not be torched by all the Molotov cocktails they show them making.

Perhaps Wiley Coyote is wise enough to recognize a baited trap when he sees it. Anything that appears to be an offensive attack on the "peacekeeping convoy" plays right into Putins hand, claiming the Ukranians are the aggressors and helps him justify more extreme retaliation.

I do feel sorry for the Russian soldiers in that convoy that probably realize by now they are being used as bait.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Originally Posted by hippie

Perhaps Wiley Coyote is wise enough to recognize a baited trap when he sees it. Anything that appears to be an offensive attack on the "peacekeeping convoy" plays right into Putins hand, claiming the Ukranians are the aggressors and helps him justify more extreme retaliation.

I could see that if the convoy wasn't in their country.

And, their citizens weren't being bombed.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 06:02 PM

^^^^^
There is a whole bunch of stuff with this situation that doesn't make sense. I believe very little of what I hear or see regarding who's winning, advancing, who is right, who is wrong.
All I know for sure is that there are two Countries, both of which have very corrupt leaders and cohorts, who are both creating un-tolerable conditions for both of their citizenry. I don't think the west should dump any ammo into the situation; it will just result in more death on both sides. The sooner it ends regardless of who "wins" the better.

I am not in favor of getting into any kind of conflict - I'm just putting that out there...BUT, what should be said about promises made by the US in 1994 during the NPT and the Budapest Memorandum?

It seems like we make promises to the people of other countries and then don't keep them...

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 06:47 PM

to the fierce freedom fighters. I would like to report, there is snow on the streets in Moscow.

This is all the snow there is in Moscow. It is being guarded on the Red Square

Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 09:39 PM

The Western power/money elites picking one crime syndicate over another one that doesn't give them as good of return on what the western bad guys want done. The common people of both countries get screwed. Our ruling crime syndicate just isn't typically as physically brutal as the current combatants. We'll see how long that lasts in the end...
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 09:48 PM

I saw a video of a supposed encounter between a Ukrainian motorist and a Russian tank crew "broke down" on the side of the road... The driver asks the tank crew if they needed a tow... back to Russia. Everybody laughs and the driver moves on.

But if you looked closely there was another tank down the road several hundred yards... And what looked like another one beyond it. Looked to me like they were part of a convoy spaced out like a convoy should be.

In my time in the army I spent most of my time doing 2 things...

• Hurry up

• Wait

I don't reckon it's any different for any other army.

Mike

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/03/22 10:13 PM

What did you protest in Russia?

How was it like living there?

I've met a lot of Russians and a lot of Turks, whose families lived in Russia for generations and all of the ones I asked said they would never move back there. The Turks really hated living in Russia. They had no decent way to make a living there. They work hard here and make decent livings.

Keith

Yes, it was surprisingly nice. I thought it would be like our movies but Moscow was nicer than Chicago or NYC. Armed police every where though but they were friendly. We would hold our meetings in different places each week more so to keep the government on their toes. But put on the street and participating in "illegal " activities me or my nmnow ex wife were never messed with. As long as we weren't causing an actual disturbance, they didn't care. I didn't care for Russia when I first arrived but by the time I left I realized in certain aspects they have more freedom then we do. I might not agree with their government but it's not as bad as the media portrays
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
Gen Keane said on Fox the other day, that there is something wrong about the column movement. There seems to be no two way traffic, no empty trucks going back. Sounds like they need cut off and starved out.

Dosent it seem odd that the mistake both napolean and Hitler famously made by being unable to sustain supply lines when they invaded Russia is being repeated by russia . I mean it's the most famous and uniquely Russian stratagy of all .Something smells fishy

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 05:36 PM

Very odd, also very odd it hasn't been destroyed.

All video is from cell phones or Surveillance camera's. Where's our media besides standing a a balcony doing still shots? Really odd.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 06:52 PM

What do they have to hit it with ?

You can bet the Russians have some air or arty within range to protect that column

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:00 PM

What ever they got. wink

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:06 PM

Exactly! They most likely have nothing that can be effectively deployed without unacceptable risks. I am pretty sure their commanders have that figured out.

Adequate air power could turn this around overnight

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:10 PM

Wonder how we would've faired with a 40 mile long convoy dead in the water for almost a wek in Afghanistan ?

Think we would've run over IED's or taken some RPG's? There's wooded areas on both sides of this in lots of places. There's videos of civilians driving past tanks.

Its not making sense.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:16 PM

I think the biggest issue is being able to get enough appropriate munitions in an area fairly removed from a support base. Infantry can only carry so much. Not nearly enough to deal with that column. They likely can't haul munitions out there by vehicle without getting hit by air strikes or pre-registered artillery.

The Uke's closest artillery is probably too far away to be effective.........especially on a 40 mile long convoy.

Air is the only reasonable option IMO

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:18 PM

Then they're whipped, which might be why they aren't sabotaging it.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:25 PM

Oh I think they were whipped before they started

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:32 PM

Yep,

I wasn't being a smart a.. But I can't imagine letting it sit there without it being attacked. If they can't hit it when its parked, poor chance later.

IED's in the middle east did lots of damage, maybe once it starts moving we'll see that they have a plan. If not, ............

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 07:44 PM

Without air cover I don't believe they ever had any realistic chances of surviving

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:00 PM

I never thought they had a chance. I am thinking about why they haven't sent teams out to sabotage that column. Maybe they know they don't have a chance too and no one will do it.

Where's Carlos Hathcock when ya need him!!!

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:11 PM

I was thinking earlier that multiple snipers may have quite an impact on morale. Might cause some Russians to desert. Might also try what we did in Vietnam with the "Chu Hoi " passes. Guaranteeing safe harbor out of Ukraine and Russia for any deserters. In VN well over 100, 000 VC and NVA deserted.

As far as anyone getting close enough to that column goes ....yes there are trees right along the road but any approach to that road is completely wide open. You'd never get close enough to engage them or sabotage them.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:22 PM

I think someone heard you Brian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ine-Ukraine-Western-official-claims.html

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:27 PM

Guerrilla warfare was/is their only chance because as you stated, they don't have anything close to what Russia has. A dead in the water convoy needs attacked.

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:34 PM

Yeah I think irregular actions are a better alternative but the topography of their country is not real conducive to it.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:48 PM

I saw a report that a top Russian general was taken out by a sniper. So they are having an impact, but maybe not on that column.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Ukraine Air Force hitting that long Russian column - 03/04/22 08:50 PM

Its bait
© 2024 Trapperman Forums